• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

heringer

Am I the only one that thinks Zelda could use some more platforming? There's a little more in Skyward Sword, but I kinda want more. I think a little of Prince of Persia (not too much) could really fit in the series.

dwu8991

Banned
heringer said:
Am I the only one that thinks Zelda could use some more platforming? There's a little more in Skyward Sword, but I kinda want more. I think a little of Prince of Persia (not too much) could really fit in the series.

Jump button!

guek

Banned
boooooo!

Zelda just needs more hardware juice. I'm excited about what nintendo will be able to pull off when they can just go nuts (compared to the last 10 years of zelda development)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Really, one of the the most BAFFLING things in Zelda games is how Nintendo seem to insist that a jump button is a bad idea.

I really dislike auto-jump, and inclusion of a jump button can lead to a greater freedom/precision in platforming which I reckon can do adventuring in Zelda a lot of wonders.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
It's just annoying that I have to rely to Z-targeting to properly adjust the angle of Link's jump.

Oh, one more thing: the fact that the camera always swirls upward when you are at the edge of a platform. SO GODDAMN ANNOYING!

Gummb

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about Rayman Legends Wii U.
I don't want another 5 year wait for a new Zelda! :(

What's funny about these threads is it appears that everyone has decided that Zelda titles seem to be a tier-2 or AA series. Apparently all Zelda games were actually just mediocre, each having considerable flaws.

What is also funny is that many of these reviews complain about some fetch quests in Zelda, and then reward the game a good (8.0) score. Well, I've been playing Skyrim for a few days now, and literally, the entire game is a fetch quest. However, Skyrim is apparently pure AAA god-tier of a game.

Oh well, I can't wait for Zelda so that I can love it as much as every Zelda title, all of which are ridiculously good, especially in the context of their time of release.

Uh, guys? The Zelda games are no strangers to jumping and platforming:

N53xS.png

2q5kv.jpg

Now jumping in one of the 3D games? Totally unnecessary, in my opinion. Perhaps Link could be a bit more acrobatic, running along walls and swinging around poles, but I don't think he needs to jump.

Hypatia

I wouldn't mind being able to jump but only if it contributed to more ways to explore the enviroment. If it did exactly what the auto jump does already it'd be a complete waste of a button.

But I do love me some PoP.

GamerSoul

SecretMoblin said:
Now jumping in one of the 3D games? Totally unnecessary, in my opinion. Perhaps Link could be a bit more acrobatic, running along walls and swinging around poles, but I don't think he needs to jump.

Maybe if he was a Sheikah...

if you guys think we're going to get a WiiU Zelda that looks anything close to that good

lol

note: yes, go ahead and bookmark this post if you feel like you'll have a chance at proving me wrong at a later date, but I'm pretty confident!

The M.O.B

brandonh83 said:
if you guys think we're going to get a WiiU Zelda that looks anything close to that good

lol

note: yes, go ahead and bookmark this post if you feel like you'll have a chance at proving me wrong at a later date, but I'm pretty confident!

Don't mind if I do

zoukka

brandonh83 said:

lol

Err why the fuck not? Not like that tech demo had anything the HD twins Couldn't accomplish and the art was clearly just "what if we made a generic Zelda".

I expect the WiiU Zelda looking way better.

TheExodu5

Banned
zoukka said:
Err why the fuck not? Not like that tech demo had anything the HD twins Couldn't accomplish and the art was clearly just "what if we made a generic Zelda".

I expect the WiiU Zelda looking way better.

The HD twins couldn't pull off that demo at all. The lighting was way beyond anything that's on console today.

zoukka

TheExodu5 said:
The HD twins couldn't pull off that demo at all. The lighting was way beyond anything that's on console today.

Then you must know something I don't. I can't even see any dynamic shadows in that gif.

SYNTAX182 said:
Waat!? It completes Links character design. If he took off the hat, he would look like Jak from Jak and Daxter with the hip goatee.
There is no way to make a guy wearing a windsock on his head look badass.

ace3skoot

BY2K said:
R1OSt.png

IT BEGINS!

*looks down and the brand spanking new SS special editions delivered about 30 seconds before typing this very post*

most of the time it sucks to be european in a gaming sense, once in a blue moon its the best place to be :D

heringer said:
More freedom of movement in general. DEFINITELY.

That's part of why I love Darksiders so much. It's Zelda with more freedom of movement. Ughhhh c'mon Nintendooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

gdt

Adult link is supposed to be badass, young link is scrappy.

So yes, the hat is hard to pull off, but Link got dat shit.

Poyunch

I dunno, killing off Hylians would make Link and Zelda more significant. You could see it in Wind Waker when Ganon sent the Helmaroc King to hunt down females with pointy ears.

Top Bottom