• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

We're so close i can taste it. Ugh the wait is driving me insane
tumblr_lurzreEM3q1qijajj.gif

Hypatia

Oh gods I just noticed the limited edition was posted two days ago. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm trying so hard not to be hyped.

It's not working.

So fucking hyped afsdafdaadffdsfsadffdfsdfsddafsassddf

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
OMG OMG OMG HE'S BRINGING THE GAME OVER TO MY HOUSE. OMG OMG OMG I AM NOT GONNA SLEEP. OMG OMG OMG.

:p! I'll probably spend all night playing it until I can. Even if I get 2 hours of playtime that will be enough. F-yeah

Seik

Banned
A friend of mine that lives in Europe (Paris) told me he already have the game.

I was like 'What the hell? Doesn't it comes out November 20th?''
and he said 'Man, sellers don't give a fuck about release dates here'

I wanna live in Europe. D:

EDIT: ^ Dat dolphin shot...WOW

Thoraxes

Damn man, I really need my copy now so I can start taking like 13 albums worth to share with you all.

I'm gonna Dolphin the shit out of it.

Peterthumpa

Yeah, we could make a conquest o the best shot took with Dolphin, and leave the game for later, lol =p

Gonna take some non-spoilerish pics to feed ZeldaGAF appetite.

DrForester said:
King said "Stay here, while Link does the sword thing"

Zelda said: "OK"

I thought we were talking about the final battle because of what EmCeeGramr said.

Even then, she wasn't really hiding because she was scared to help, she was just doing what the King said.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Crunched said:
Perfectly. Like, needs to be frame limited so it doesn't run too fast. With all the bells and whistles.

Almost sounds like it was made to run on it.

Like, there's a hidden feature that if you put it in a Wii U, it looks just as good as if you were playing it on Dolphin.

... Who the hell am I kidding...

Peterthumpa

BY2K said:
Almost sounds like it was made to run on it.

Like, there's a hidden feature that if you put it in a Wii U, it looks just as good as if you were playing it on Dolphin.

... Who the hell am I kidding...
Actually I doubt it would look this good even on a Wii U:

i2a2V3naf3YTS.png

ivyFdacET2RYu.png

i3vFBiiqTnFAW.png

Hypatia

Crunched said:
Perfectly. Like, needs to be frame limited so it doesn't run too fast. With all the bells and whistles.

Oh god YES. Hype +1000

This is gunna be like DKR where the disc never even gets put in my Wii.

Peterthumpa

Paradoxal_Utopia said:
Err.. the Wii U is pretty fucking powerful, compared to Wii. I assume you haven't seen this?

http://youtu.be/arHNcSMXaBk

So yeah, you're pretty epically wrong. The Wii U could do HD SS in its fucking sleep.
The same could be said in the PS2 era when talking about a port of Ico / SotC for PS3, and the results are out there, they look pretty much the same today (PS3 X PCSX2) but with the obvious advantages of large chunks of AA/AF with the emulator.

Red

Paradoxal_Utopia said:
Err.. the Wii U is pretty fucking powerful, compared to Wii. I assume you haven't seen this?

http://youtu.be/arHNcSMXaBk

So yeah, you're pretty epically wrong. The Wii U could do HD SS in its fucking sleep.

And fuck, watching that again has hyped me up about a next gen Zelda in all its graphical glory.
There's a difference between HD and running a game at 4x the internal res of a WII with 8xAA. Thinking the WiiU is anywhere near powerful enough to emulate a WII is likewise ludicrous.

Felipepl, are you using AA now? I'm on my phone so it's hard to tell.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Jesus, those dolphin shots look incredible. I'm going to have to hook up my pc to my tv to get full hd.

Peterthumpa

Crunched said:
There's a difference between HD and running a game at 4x the internal res of a WII with 8xAA. Thinking the WiiU is anywhere near powerful enough to emulate a WII is likewise ludicrous.

Felipepl, are you using AA now? I'm on my phone so it's hard to tell.

Nope, just 4xAA internal res, but those pics are downscaled from 1080p.
Not much difference aliasing-wise though, made it just to make them smaller in file size.

Red

felipepl said:
Nope, just 4xAA internal res, but those pics are downscaled from 1080p.
Not much difference aliasing-wise though, made it just to make them smaller in file size.
Great shots anyway. Looks like you're getting some mileage out of the free camera.

You know what I'm looking forward to the most for Zelda HD? A better lighting system.

Now that I think about it, not that it could really be helped, but I think that's what SS is missing the most.

TheMan said:
Kind of ironic that the thread discussing skyward sword's reviews has way way more posts than the game's OT.
The review thread was made a couple weeks in advance and most people don't have a copy of the game yet since it hasn't officially released anywhere yet.

TheMan

Lord_Byron28 said:
The review thread was made a couple weeks in advance and most people don't have a copy of the game yet since it hasn't officially released anywhere yet.

Oh ok, I thought it came out already.

RPGCrazied

Anyone going to rock this on the Wii and not Dolphin? I think my computer can handle it, but have no idea how to use my Wii controller with it, and no I don't have bluetooth or whatever. The demo didn't look so bad on my HDTV anyways.

Got on the band wagon waaaay too late because I was so caught up in Sonic Generations.

Was planning to get the Special Edition bundle but now the cheapest I can find it for is 120$ on Amazon.

Feels bad man.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Well, I have never once bothered modding or hacking my Wii; but I'm certain my i7 930 and GTX570 could handle the game.

I've seen the guide here, and it seems pretty basic ... looks like I only need the BT adapter for my controller/sensor bar. But, honestly, how long/difficult will it take me to set this up if I've never messed with my Wii at all? If I can set it up in like 30 minutes, it seems stupid not to. But I don't wanna be troubleshooting for the next two days.

Thanks!

Top Bottom