• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword |OT| Home of Punkin' Chunkin' Champion 2011

God damn this game is way more funny than I thought.

I just did the third dungeon, shit is getting awesome. Also, here's
Groose
, who's mind imploded when
he tagged along down from the skies and saw a Goron and SMALL BIRDS AND WHY IS THERE SO MANY TREES WHAT WHAT
: http://i40.tinypic.com/dw6qtg.jpg

The image in itself isn't that spoiler-ish, but don't highlight what I wrote if you're on a blackout.

The animations in this game are absolutely outstanding. I don't think I've played a game that had better.

dwu8991

Banned
Divvy said:
Is there any difference between the motion plus dongle thing and the one imbedded into the wiimote? Is the embedded one better since it was released later?

The new wii remote plus controller suffers the same problems as the wii motion plus attachement. i.e when the calibration stops working or goes in the opposite direction.

Amalthea

Banned
This game is so wonderful, you can feel that the director of Seasons and Minish Cap directed it.

So much better than TP!

Perhaps if you were to make the spoiler rules explicit in your OP, Amir0x, that would be a big help.

It will take me probably until the end of the year to beat this game and I don't want someone to go blurting out some kind of
Snape kills Aeris's father
meme.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
FoxHimself said:
The animations in this game are absolutely outstanding. I don't think I've played a game that had better.

That's great to hear. I'm an animator and video game animation is generally atrocious. The trailers did give off the impression that they put some effort into animation in this game.

eshwaaz

Retro said:
Agreed; the comparisons between Zelda and Skyrim can be summed up in one simple phrase; quality vs. quantity. Skyrim may be huge, but there's not that much out there waiting for you... whereas every little corner of a Zelda game usually has something hidden in it.
I'm not saying that Zelda won't be packed with quality content, but based on my experience with Skyrim so far, and the experiences of pretty much everyone who has played it, what you said is terribly inaccurate and misinformed.

cajunator

Banned
Oh that Main Menu theme. Oh how it makes me soaaarrrrrrr.
SO fucking gorgeous. They should have sent a poet...I had no idea. I had no idea.

WillyFive

Divvy said:
That's great to hear. I'm an animator and video game animation is generally atrocious. The trailers did give off the impression that they put some effort into animation in this game.

When
Link reads Zelda's letter
, that was probably the most subtle piece of facial animation I've seen in a game yet. The eyes and mouth moved not even like a pixel (maybe more if you play it on Dolphin), but it still gave Link a very expressive reaction to it.

Wiseblade said:
*ctrl + f "release date"*

This thread has my seal of approval.

6 days to go!

OH GOD it's so close

Gotta beat Wind Waker again before then, try not to fall in too deep with Pictographing shit

Socreges

Banned
Thanks to IGN's cutting edge reporting, we learned that the Zelda series needed some lessons from the Elder Scrolls series - especially Skyrim. They keyed in on several points, which are as follows

● Open up the World
● Customization and Progression
● A "Legendary" Story
● Pushing HD Limits
● A Cinematic scope

And due to Nintendo's cunning and amazing development capacity, they almost IMMEDIATELY - some would say overnight - conceded to many of IGN's "points" and implemented features that make this one of the most unique Zelda titles to date!
Don't get it.

Holy what. Things went
Shadows of the Colossus
all of a sudden. Didn't see that coming, but it was awesome.

It's silly that they didn't fix the "Oh you found something you've already found, but since this is a new play session we have to show it to you with some info text and looks it's now in your inventory"-bug from Twilight Princess. And quite annoying.

Aeonin

Tyrant_Onion said:
This game is so wonderful, you can feel that the director of Seasons and Minish Cap directed it.

So much better than TP!

Oh hell yeah, Minish was one of my favorite entries in the series. I've purposely stayed away from video and pics on the game, so I can't wait to be surprised by what this one is all about.

SykoTech

Page stretches a bit too much for my liking. Good |OT| aside from that though.

Looking forward to seeing where the inevitable rollercoaster of emotions ends up for this one.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
FoxHimself said:
Holy what. Things went
Shadows of the Colossus
all of a sudden. Didn't see that coming, but it was awesome.

It's silly that they didn't fix the "Oh you found something you've already found, but since this is a new play session we have to show it to you with some info text and looks it's now in your inventory"-bug from Twilight Princess. And quite annoying.

Seriosuly? That's really stupid of them.

BY2K

Membero Americo
FoxHimself said:

PLEASE tell me it doesn't do that for rupees, PLEASE!

EDIT: JSDFHJDFNJEHONSD

Neiteio

Nice OP, but I think it would be cool to add a list of what's changed for the newcomers. Little details like enemies stepping on your fingers when you hang from ledges, removing compasses in favor of first-person dowsing, etc. There's a whole laundry list of them posted somewhere on this forum... It's amazing how much they tweaked everything.

More hyped for 3D Land Mario Kart 7 at the moment, though. And loving splitscreen online play in UC3. :)

Uchip

Banned
according to my local store Skyward Sword is M rated...
is8KQBFQQoNhg.jpg

whaaaaaaaaaaaat

Red

Seeing these shots of Groose has pretty much already cemented him as my favorite-ever Zelda character.

Uchip

Banned
Green Scar said:
Australian rating board acting crazy? My, what a surprise :p

New Zealand actually, and we dont have the same over the top rating board that they do
im guessing they just made a mistake

This is probably the Zelda game with the most colourful characters yet, actually.

I really love the
Demon guy who lives underneath Skyloft
! I thought it was right out of Dragon Quest VIII :p

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Nice clean OP, Amir0x, Andrex and brandonh83! It looks great. :)

Can't wait for this. I have an exam the day after it releases, but I'm studying prior to release date because I want to get my Zelda fill! I haven't seen much of Skyward Sword other than the stuff from the first dungeon and prior to the romance trailer, so I'm set to be pleasantly surprised.

Mistle said:
Now lets just hope I don't get spoiled.
Definitely! :lol

I saw the M rating in Australia a few days ago, but researched it on Wikipedia. "Mature" to them just means mature, like when a child becomes mature enough somewhere around puberty I guess. Australia has stronger ratings, like MA-15 and R-18 and X-18.

RPGCrazied

Is there anything else other than
Hero mode? Can you tell me if you can use his training outfit throughout the game?

Uchip

Banned
Why would you do that? said:
I saw the M rating in Australia a few days ago, but researched it in Wikipedia. "Mature" to them just means mature, like when a child becomes mature enough somewhere around puberty I guess. Australia has stronger ratings, like MA-15 and MA-18 and X-18, IIRC.

according to the NZ board
"All ages may purchase an M title, but parents are advised that the content is more suitable for mature persons 16 years and over."

strange
Zelda teh mature confirmed

Mistle

Why would you do that? said:
I saw the M rating in Australia a few days ago, but researched it on Wikipedia. "Mature" to them just means mature, like when a child becomes mature enough somewhere around puberty I guess. Australia has stronger ratings, like MA-15 and MA-18 and X-18, IIRC.
Yeah, M is the equivalent PG13 I believe.

FoxHimself said:
I'll post these two again, as I love the bazaar (spoilers, I guess):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbkLQCCvckw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73SFeQIL190

Jesus. It looks ungodly beautiful. Yep I was right in putting off Skyrim and Creed, I just feel that I won't be able to give them the individual attention that they deserve because of this. A week just isn't enough time to appreciate them. Plus they'll be there to comfort me when Zelda is... well, when I'm... finished with it.

cajunator

Banned
My plan is to play through Skyward Sword twice since I will be so enthralled by it I might miss out on some of the criticisms. The second time around should let me focus on some of the things I would change. Or it might just make me feel like when I play it the first time. It's so very difficult for me to be criticial of Zelda games.

cajunator said:
My plan is to play through Skyward Sword twice since I will be so enthralled by it I might miss out on some of the criticisms. The second time around should let me focus on some of the things I would change. Or it might just make me feel like when I play it the first time. It's so very difficult for me to be criticial of Zelda games.

I thought it was difficult for me to be critical of Zelda, and then they made Wind Waker and Majora's Mask. I've been playing Wind Waker today and while I've been too hard on it in these threads, I still find it very cumbersome to play.

Crucio

So like I just watched a video of a recording "Ballad of The Goddess" from Skyward Sword.
Omg that theme is so freaking amazing even after hearing it multiple times.. Man this game is gonna be so awesome.

Leeness

Getting a little antsy! Even though I'll be playing Creed first and probably waiting on Zelda a bit, but at least it will be in my possession soon.

Top Bottom