• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The majority of new characters this gen have been...

SaintALia

My face seeing this nonsense unfold across western development studios:

ziSghh1.jpeg
NGL, the fact that people keep focusing on this of all things of that game still blows my mind. 15 years since the last proper game, the gaming mechanics in 3 were not exactly warmly welcomed by the community, one of the major games crashed and bombed out on XONE, main studio behind it is dead and buried, no proper gameplay videos to see what changes they're making to combat, rpg mechanics and how the player character can influence story(in a more detailed sense), but people are like, "DURR, HER FACE LOOKS FUGLY". I mean yes, but that's like the very least of things.

I guess people's expectations are just really low for Fable, or they're just happy they got something. Or they never really cared about the game to begin with and just want something to laugh at.

Last edited:

Roxkis_ii

I think it pretty sexist to think that woman don't like sexy character designs. Devs need to do better on that front.

Reactions: Isa

EverydayBeast

ChatGPT 0.1
Main characters resonate with gamers regardless of gender, they through tomb raider at people for years over and over again since the ps1 and that didn’t make a difference.

It's stunning to me how people still act like the issue is the female aspect.

It's the trash writing and forced agendas that people take issue with. Audiences like well written characters, whether they be male, female, gay, straight.

Kena is a good example of a well written character. You didn't see anyone complaining about that game.

Omar in The Wire is a gay black man and he's usually everyone's favorite character. He's written well and is interesting.

Last edited:
  • Love

tmlDan

im glad as long as they're good characters

good stories and well written characters exceed gender boundaries

Last edited:
Top Bottom