• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaspora

huh, really. what was destiny's premise?

Dissolution of civilization an undetermined amount of time after the apex of of humanity with the technology and culture of the "golden age" given an almost mythic quality. It seems cool until you play the damn thing and realize there's 0 depth to it.

Sjosz

Neo Member
Are you excited because it's in... production or in the plans? Or is just excited for something that may or may not happen, like a remaster of Zelda Ocarine of Time HD? :p

Oh, who am i kidding, of course you won't answer that.

I'm excited for it to happen. I'm not in the know where that's at, as stuff like that is at Aaryn's level. Granted, if I did know where it was at, I couldn't tell you, but I don't. I'd just really like it to happen, too.

Thanks for the replays guys... I tried ME2 and ME3 and i really didn't enjoy the gameplay and it didn't click with me.. I tried to convince myself but really didn't like it that much :\

But all the good word of mouth from the gamers and the stunning atmosphere makes me re-think from time to time.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I'm excited for it to happen. I'm not in the know where that's at, as stuff like that is at Aaryn's level. Granted, if I did know where it was at, I couldn't tell you, but I don't. I'd just really like it to happen, too.

I think I like this post.. it fills me with something akin to a singularity in the stomach :D

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

Ah, i think i understand the meaning of your tweet now. You were just pestering him like "Come on! Make it happen! Tell me it's happening! Come ooon! I'll give you my Garrus action figure! I won't tell anyone!"

Thanks for the replays guys... I tried ME2 and ME3 and i really didn't enjoy the gameplay and it didn't click with me.. I tried to convince myself but really didn't like it that much :\

But all the good word of mouth from the gamers and the stunning atmosphere makes me re-think from time to time.

Well, as much as you might like the atmosphere, if you can't stand the combat, there's not much point playing the games. You could try another class than last time though, or wait until you're higher lvl when you have more skills.

Sjosz

Neo Member
Ah, i think i understand the meaning of your tweet now. You were just pestering him like "Come on! Make it happen! Tell me it's happening! Come ooon! I'll give you my Garrus action figure! I won't tell anyone!"

Whoa now, lets not get crazy. Nobody is getting my Garrus action figure.

Kabouter

ME3 is riddled with this bug.

I've posted about it before, but my favorite instance of this is the first conversation with Liara on the Normandy, where both Liara and Shepard start enacting the Exorcist to follow Glyph around.

Oh god I remember that, so ridiculous looking.

ME3 is riddled with this bug.

I've posted about it before, but my favorite instance of this is the first conversation with Liara on the Normandy, where both Liara and Shepard start enacting the Exorcist to follow Glyph around.
heh, I don't remember that but when I first encountered TIM on mars, after I had shepard say "I salvaged the collector base so that you could find a way to stop the reapers..." he didn't even finish the sentence which was, "you failed" and then we cut to illusive man who is just gesturing around and then goes armless for a second too. The strange thing is, it wasn't this way from the beginning. It had to have happened after an update.

Bisnic

heh, I don't remember that but when I first encountered TIM on mars, after I had shepard say "I salvaged the collector base so that you could find a way to stop the reapers..." he didn't even finish the sentence which was, "you failed" and then we cut to illusive man who is just gesturing around and then goes armless for a second too. The strange thing is, it wasn't this way from the beginning. It had to have happened after an update.
Ive been replaying ME3 lately and there's plenty of animation bugs everywhere, even something as simple as Shepard listening or talking to someone through radio, or even people not handling their guns properly (holding their pistol with arms positioned like holding a shotgun).its kinda ridiculous.

Hopefully all of this wont happen again in this gen.

Also... Shepard and squadmates using an Avenger assault rifle or Predator pistol in cutscenes when none of them are using these guns. What I don't get is that it's not all cutscenes that are doing that. What's so special that some cutscenes wont use your guns and instead use an Avenger?

diaspora

Ive been replaying ME3 lately and there's plenty of animation bugs everywhere, even something as simple as Shepard listening or talking to someone through radio, or even people not handling their guns properly (holding their pistol with arms positioned like holding a shotgun).its kinda ridiculous.

Inquisition had a few hilarious cross-eyed facial bugs.

edit: this is the one I'm thinking of.

Patryn

Also... Shepard and squadmates using an Avenger assault rifle or Predator pistol in cutscenes when none of them are using these guns. What I don't get is that it's not all cutscenes that are doing that.

I hate that Avenger bug.

I could MAYBE understand it showing as an Avenger if you haven't equipped an Assault Rifle, but when you have one equipped it's just... ugh.

Also... Shepard and squadmates using an Avenger assault rifle or Predator pistol in cutscenes when none of them are using these guns. What I don't get is that it's not all cutscenes that are doing that. What's so special that some cutscenes wont use your guns and instead use an Avenger?
what system did you play it on? after having watched analysis videos on youtube I realized that the Ps3 version was really really gimped. at least 70% of the time, the framerate alone was an issue, dropping 10 or even more frames than the 30 lock.

Bisnic

what system did you play it on? after having watched analysis videos on youtube I realized that the Ps3 version was really really gimped. at least 70% of the time, the framerate alone was an issue, dropping 10 or even more frames than the 30 lock.

What i mentioned has nothing to do with framerates, so its probably on every systems. PC by the way. Framerates are perfect smooth 60FPS on this version, no complaints there.

diaspora

IMO, 80-90% of the game was really great, but another year of development to iron out the bugs and writing for the closing act would have gone a LONG way.

What i mentioned has nothing to do with framerates, so its probably on every systems. PC by the way. Framerates are perfect smooth 60FPS on this version, no complaints there.
well, I was just mentioning framerate as 1 example. the Ps3 versions of these games were riddled with several issues, that's just one of them.

Bisnic

fwiw I noticed the Avenger bug all over the place.

I'm not even sure if that counts as a bug. Probably intentional(for what reason, I don't know) because its always the same cutscenes that shows this gun.

Another weird gun bug though, is when I see my Shepard walking during a cutscene while holding the Black Widow Sniper Rifle with one hand and pointing straight upward. Like...what? lol

Daemul

The Avenger and Predator showing up in cut scenes throughout the trilogy wasn't a bug. Bioware just used them as the default set up most of the time.

Bisnic

The Avenger and Predator showing up in cut scenes throughout the trilogy wasn't a bug. Bioware just used them as the default set up most of the time.

Hopefully this was just a limitation of the engine. Its just silly to see my Infiltrator who only have a sniper rifle and smg use an assault rifle that came out of thin air during cutscenes.

Fixed that for you.
fair enough, but of the technical and performance issues that plagued the systems, Ps3 had the worst of the bunch.

let's not forget that bioware guy that said the most challenging thing about Me3's development was Ps3's performance and that everything they cut from the game was stuff the Ps3 couldn't handle.

Daemul

Hopefully this was just a limitation of the engine. Its just silly to see my Infiltrator who only have a sniper rifle and smg use an assault rifle that came out of thin air during cutscenes.

I wouldn't really say it was a limitation of the engine, because Bioware did at times have the weapons you had equipped show up in cutscenes, I think they just didn't see it as important enough to devote time to have them show up all of the time. Same as class specific interrupts, Bioware could have added loads of them but they used them sporadically to probably save dev time and work on more important stuff.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
There are conflicting reports. Personally, at this point I would say that I'm expecting that they'll announce a remaster at E3.

So, unless you're absolutely dying to play the games RIGHT NOW, if I were you I'd hold off until then, see if it's announced, and if not pick it up for PC/last gen.

What do you mean conflicting? Conflicting implies reports of some saying its coming and others implying its not. I have not seen one single report suggesting that its not, other than a bunch of negative nancies in this thread.

All reports have suggested it is likely to happen, although it hasn't been officially announced.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
As appealing as that sounds, it's more to indicate that there are people here (also well beyond just myself) in the studios are excited for a remaster, and that people online respond positively to that stuff, too. I'd love to play through the trilogy again, but on my PS4.

Whoa now, lets not get crazy. Nobody is getting my Garrus action figure.

The fact that I know who you are (kind of) suggests that I want this trilogy to show up on current gen a little too much.

Whatever you do, please FOR THE LOVE OF GOD (or non-religion) do not allow High Voltage Software to do it.

Here is my personal opinion and what I think:

I think you have a little bit of knowledge that it is coming and you wanted to send a little hint through twitter, so we could talk about it.

If you were merely curious, I figured you would have called, emailed, messaged Aaryn personally.

That's my theory. I know what you're up to.
damn-youre-all-so-clever.jpg

not that the trilogy box art is bad, but if it the new gen remaster is real, I'd like a new box art.
but obviously I don't care if they use the same boxart I just wanna have my shepard adventures on my goddamn Ps4!!

Bisnic

I wouldn't really say it was a limitation of the engine, because Bioware did at times have the weapons you had equipped show up in cutscenes, I think they just didn't see it as important enough to devote time to have them show up all of the time. Same as class specific interrupts, Bioware could have added loads of them but they used them sporadically to probably save dev time and work on more important stuff.

I'm not a developper, but surely that putting the player's current weapon during a cutscene isn't that much difficult compared to using a default model? I mean, what is it? Some command line in a script or something?

are you guys talking about how shepard randomly had the avenger in his hands switched to cutscenes when you'd be using a different gun the entire time

I dunno if it was a bug or anything in those instances I think it was just bioware trying to make the avenger look like it was the standard assault rifle of the late 22nd century. like the ak-47 of its time.

Hahs

I'm not a developper, but surely that putting the player's current weapon during a cutscene isn't that much difficult compared to using a default model? I mean, what is it? Some command line in a script or something?

Essentially.

I'm not a game dev either, but I do code, and I know that sometimes when canon algorithms are coded first, and your code starts to get really, really lengthy ( thousands of lines) - everythings gets more, and more intertwined, so it's best to figure out everything for each method as you go along. Or have really good oversight of design organization. To me this seems more like something that was coded earlier in production, and would've taken too much time to go back and dissect the algorithm(s) to fix.

EDIT: Could've been fixed with a patch though...

diaspora

not that the trilogy box art is bad, but if it the new gen remaster is real, I'd like a new box art.
but obviously I don't care if they use the same boxart I just wanna have my shepard adventures on my goddamn Ps4!!

It should be a reversible cover for both genders.

diaspora

that would be cool. or, they could just have femshep on the cover for a change since regular shepard has always had it.

It's true. It'd be nice to have it reversible for the genders in general for future installments if possible if only to highlight the personalized nature of the MC.

It's true. It'd be nice to have it reversible for the genders in general for future installments if possible if only to highlight the personalized nature of the MC.
The collectors edition of Me3 had shepard on the front side and femshep on the back.

do you guys remember when they had 5 or 6 femshep renders and they would pick the default one by number of facebook likes as votes?

I wish they still included the rest of them as presets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom