• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Stupid Mass Effect with its stupid improved extended cut ending with its stupid ability to cause emotion. Finished my playthrough. The EC is roughly a billion times better than the OG ending. The happy ending mod was cute to watch, too. I liked that EDI and the entire race of the Geth don't have to die. Ultimately though, none of them fixed what was actually wrong with the endgame. Still, with the EC or MEHEM, it doesn't cause physical pain to play through the series and for that, I'm grateful.

Now, time to start back at ME1 with BroShep. Too bad all the relationships that aren't Liara are sort of on-and-off again.

Stupid Mass Effect with its stupid improved extended cut ending with its stupid ability to cause emotion. Finished my playthrough. The EC is roughly a billion times better than the OG ending. The happy ending mod was cute to watch, too. I liked that EDI and the entire race of the Geth don't have to die. Ultimately though, none of them fixed what was actually wrong with the endgame. Still, with the EC or MEHEM, it doesn't cause physical pain to play through the series and for that, I'm grateful.

Now, time to start back at ME1 with BroShep. Too bad all the relationships that aren't Liara are sort of on-and-off again.
happy ending mod?

Patryn

No chance of an importing system, but something like Dragon Age Keep? Taking choices from the first 2 games? Maybe. It wouldn't have much impact, but it could be cool for little background moments.

Given that it's another galaxy, I'm really uncertain how those little background moments could work.

Given that it's another galaxy, I'm really uncertain how those little background moments could work.

Well, the events of the first two games will have happened before the Ark sets out. It's possible that some of the people on it could have had their lives (or the lives of somebody close to them) effected by Shepard's actions in the first 2 games. Butterfly effect and all that.

Maybe one of Shepherds decisions becomes the new character's back story choice? Like at the beginning of 1 you choose 3 backstories, like survivor, cadet, and something else?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Well, the events of the first two games will have happened before the Ark sets out. It's possible that some of the people on it could have had their lives (or the lives of somebody close to them) effected by Shepard's actions in the first 2 games. Butterfly effect and all that.

There's absolutely no official mention of this yet, so we have no idea if this "Ark" mission happened before or during ME3, or is completely unrelated to the event of the trilogy and is just set in some alternate universe with the same races and technology.

Lucreto

Hmm, one recent Bioware tweet was ambiguous: http://forum.bioware.com/topic/353103-the-mass-effect-andromeda-twitter-thread/page-815#entry19641531

Basically, User asked if any ME choices carried over, Bioware didn't confirm/deny.

What choices might carry over, if any?

That certainly can be interpreted in many different ways. Mass Effect Keep like program, Cloud transfer of Mass Effect 3 saves or Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster.

It's EA, so I expect if there is a choice I would not be surprised if they will make us by a remaster just to get out saves to work.

There's absolutely no official mention of this yet, so we have no idea if this "Ark" mission happened before or during ME3, or is completely unrelated to the event of the trilogy and is just set in some alternate universe with the same races and technology.

Just going with the most likely route. Perfectly possible I'm wrong.

diaspora

I mean... the Ark could be an AU; but why do that if a one-way Ark trip to another galaxy fits in the pre-existing universe?

That certainly can be interpreted in many different ways. Mass Effect Keep like program, Cloud transfer of Mass Effect 3 saves or Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster.

It's EA, so I expect if there is a choice I would not be surprised if they will make us by a remaster just to get out saves to work.

IIRC, none of the games we know are in development for EA are using 3rd party engines like UE3, so I think a Keep type system- either in game or as a web app are more likely.

Patryn

From where I sit, it's clear that the Keep was designed to avoid the pitfalls they encountered with the save transfers from their earlier games.

It benefits them and the player, by allowing people to easily jump between platforms instead of being locked in for the duration of a series. In addition, because they can constantly update how the data is served, they can alter things as they see fit when they're developing later games.

If Mass Effect does do some save transfer to Andromeda (which I am skeptical of), I'm sure they'll do the equivalent.

Then again, I do expect some measure of save transfer from Andromeda to Andromeda 2, so I'm sure we'll inevitably see the Mass Effect Keep (Citadel?) at some point.

diaspora

From where I sit, it's clear that the Keep was designed to avoid the pitfalls they encountered with the save transfers from their earlier games.

It benefits them and the player, by allowing people to easily jump between platforms instead of being locked in for the duration of a series. In addition, because they can constantly update how the data is served, they can alter things as they see fit when they're developing later games.

If Mass Effect does do some save transfer to Andromeda (which I am skeptical of), I'm sure they'll do the equivalent.

Then again, I do expect some measure of save transfer from Andromeda to Andromeda 2, so I'm sure we'll inevitably see the Mass Effect Keep (Citadel?) at some point.

Maybe their decision importing tool will be called the Pathfinder Initiative :p

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
As always, I'd like to remind the world that if there's a Keep-eque program, it should be titled "Mass Relay".

And as always, no one is gonna think that sounds cool except me. Alas.

But yeah, I won't be surprised if there's no system for it given the setting.

Ralemont

not me

The ME1 relationships are too quick to feel believable. Combined with dat Patrick Weekes writing, this is why it's hard to beat Tali's arc. You don't start a relationship until effectively halfway through the series, and she has a bunch of things to cite about why she likes you instead of Liara's "we have a connection right!"

diaspora

I don't see any indication there. and the trailer just says frostbite 3 and 2016 release.

It was announced at the press conference.

See:
We built this trailer in Frostbite™, our game engine, and it represents our visual target for the final game. We are thrilled by what we’ve already been able to achieve in bringing Mass Effect to Frostbite and by putting our entire focus on PC and current gen consoles.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
hm, that is more or less confirmation at this point but unless somehow the wii u is a 7th gen console, some people could reach & interpret that as a wii port coming as well.

Of course it's not gonna release on Wii U. It can't support Frostbite 3 games and EA doesn't care about the console. That and 99% of third party high budget multiplatform games doesn't release on Wii U.

diaspora

hm, that is more or less confirmation at this point but unless somehow the wii u is a 7th gen console, some people could reach & interpret that as a wii port coming as well.
There aren't any Frostbite Wii U games in development (if ever?) and I don't see it starting now. Maybe a future platform port but for now I don't see it happening.

Of course it's not gonna release on Wii U. It can't support Frostbite 3 games and EA doesn't care about the console. That and 99% of third party high budget multiplatform games doesn't release on Wii U.
they did try Me3 on it, however good or bad it sold (I don't know).

There aren't any Frostbite Wii U games in development (if ever?) and I don't see it starting now. Maybe a future platform port but for now I don't see it happening.
I know, my only point was the fact that they didn't specify in their statement for current gen consoles which consoles in particular, someone if they wanted to, could interpret that as a wii u port being possible.

Patryn

they did try Me3 on it, however good or bad it sold (I don't know).

It sold terribly. There's a reason none of the DLC came to the Wii U.

Admittedly, EA kind of torpedo'd the release by simultaneously releasing the Trilogy packs for the 360 and PS3 at the same time for the same price as just ME3 on the Wii U.

Seriously, if anyone is delusional enough to believe that they'll get Andromeda on a Wii U, they're like beyond help.

It sold terribly. There's a reason none of the DLC came to the Wii U.

Admittedly, EA kind of torpedo'd the release by simultaneously releasing the Trilogy packs for the 360 and PS3 at the same time for the same price as just ME3 on the Wii U.

Seriously, if anyone is delusional enough to believe that they'll get Andromeda on a Wii U, they're like beyond help.
for the record, I don't think it's gonna happen but someone out there could play devil's advocate and say it's possible based on what was said there in the press release.

diaspora

It would be pointless to assert this game coming to the platform at all. I mean it's probably the best actual home console for me, but it's just not coming.

alright, i'm changing the subject.

at the end of the Me4 trailer, does anyone think that last jolt of sound sounds something like the menu theme from Me1?

diaspora

I'm actually trying to mod some of the audio for ME1. I can extract the music files from the .isb, but I can't figure out how to repackage it.

Maledict

So a group of us have decided to start playing ME3 multiplayer on the PC as we were looking around for something fun and co-op.

Weirdly the game still seems to have an active, playing community. Doesn't seem to take any time at all to find games at bronze level, and people clearly aren't cheating because I'm getting high on the scoreboard at the end with my basic Human Adapt. It's a real shame I don't have my inventory from the 360 version, but it's still the best horde style game I've ever played.

Also shows up how bad DA multiplayer is by comparison...

So a group of us have decided to start playing ME3 multiplayer on the PC as we were looking around for something fun and co-op.

Weirdly the game still seems to have an active, playing community. Doesn't seem to take any time at all to find games at bronze level, and people clearly aren't cheating because I'm getting high on the scoreboard at the end with my basic Human Adapt. It's a real shame I don't have my inventory from the 360 version, but it's still the best horde style game I've ever played.

Also shows up how bad DA multiplayer is by comparison...

Yeah, ME3 multi is really something special. Hoping we get ME3 backwards compatibility soon on the One.

And agreed on DA:I multi. I have some trouble putting my finger on exactly what went wrong, though. I think it comes down to the combat, fundamentally. It really restricts the options in terms of gameplay variations, which restricts modes, loot, characters... everything, really. It's also just not as fun in and of itself.

Yeah, ME3 multi is really something special. Hoping we get ME3 backwards compatibility soon on the One.

And agreed on DA:I multi. I have some trouble putting my finger on exactly what went wrong, though. I think it comes down to the combat, fundamentally. It really restricts the options in terms of gameplay variations, which restricts modes, loot, characters... everything, really. It's also just not as fun in and of itself.
is the game already playable on xbone? what happens if you try to play the multiplayer?

dtV1xff.png

tumblr_nr39s6TEDH1ur5u2eo1_400.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom