• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure that
Dark Energy
will play a part in the game. It's mentioned in the beginning, watching the Gamespot footage.

Maybe it's what the
Kett are after, and the reason you were actually sent
to Andromeda.

Would make sense. Some of the Pathfinders are basically powerhouses who all have weapon, botic, tech,and tactical skills.
Interestingly, dark energy was one of the original plot ideas for ME.

Well, the CC looks disappointing. Other than the zany cosmetic options, the actual face has really limited customization. The hairstyles look better than DAI at least... A shame about the faces though.

Dany

Banned
Gosh I'm so ready after skipping through the Gamespot footage. I know that while this isn't the original trilogy; there is enough in there that still makes me excited.

From the bits and bobs I've seen, it lives up to my expectations too. And the great thing is, me being a completionist, this game will probably take me longer than the entire trilogy combined.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member

OMG....that was amazing. Wish I never watched it, but it was amazing.

OK, so I'm starting to think this 'Skyllian Blitz' of advertising, promotion and tsunami like feel of media maybe genius, and what BioWare/EA marketing have done is exactly what was needed.

Only a month ago, an overload of Mass Effect stuff never seemed possible, man...I'm even warming (like, a lot) to both default Ryders.

Never thought I'd say that either XD.

Hurry up early access....need this in my veins! (sorry Aloy, you'll need to be put on the back burner for 10 hours) :D

Looks like it's impossible to write something Gaming side, the Char customization thread is already derailed by regular gif shitposters.

So we can't customise:

Jaw height
Brow width
Brow type
Brow angle
Nose type
Mouth type
Eye shape

Man...

I saw the character creator and... it destroyed my hype. Why take those options away?

I was really looking forward to it. This is so basic, 9 presets where you can just move things around and that's it?

I expected a more powerful tool.

Maledict

Anyone know if we have Geth in MP?

Haven't seen any so far in the SSs we have seen of the races. So far they all appear to be fairly normal.

As Eatchildren said, it#s probable we won't get the more interesting races until a few months in when the DLC starts dropping.

Xando

Haven't seen any so far in the SSs we have seen of the races. So far they all appear to be fairly normal.

As Eatchildren said, it#s probable we won't get the more interesting races until a few months in when the DLC starts dropping.

Guess i gotta settle for krogan in MP until they add geth (if they aren't in)
Can anyone send me a link to Xbox One or PS4 footage where they saw slowdowns? Want to pass it along.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128642114

especially during the combat on habitat 7

So what's everyone going with re: Standard/Deluxe/Uber Super Deluxe?

Uber super deluxe.

Excellent. The one thing that worried me about MP is that the economy would get screwed up and retooled to the point of being like a mobile gacha game. ME3 struck a good balance and I didn't know how things would shape up here, so knowing that the credits flow pretty easily is really good news.

Saw the MP vid this morning and that was that. Can safely put Destiny down.

Will be speed-running Gold the first day.

I never consciously went on media blackout, but at the end here I'm pleasantly surprised with how little I know compared to how I went into the first three games. Skipped most videos just because I knew I was already going to play the game.

Six more days though.

Mine finished this morning, I'm just looking at the timer.

That's what happened last time. I'm just hoping it won't be too long before I can set people on fire again.

Retrofluxed

Strange shit:

Ashe (Lady Insanity) said:
SPECIAL NOTE: Bioware is planning on adding more options post-release in a patch. The number of additions, however, has not been confirmed. the devs told us that at the press event we went to.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
This custom Ryder is amazing: well done Ability Drain.
OE948Je.gif

Think I'm going to 'try' stay out of the ME topics in gaming, so many driveby shitposters..... it can get you down after a while.

Whilst the CC seems a bit limited, some of the Ryders coming out are pretty great looking: that's good enough for me: mods and post release additions will take care of my 2nd playthrough Ryder: with all the DLC included, of course.

JeffG

Strange shit:

Cool

Given DA:I's CC as a starting point it is kinda strange how the current ME:A CC ended up.

Maybe they broke it (the CC) in an earlier build and just reverted to an older version until they could fix it. (Just guessing here)

A tad disappointed by the CC myself but I get the feeling that people will be able to come up with some good shit with it still. I might wait to finalize my Ryder until after people share some good custom characters and just jack those.

A tad disappointed by the CC myself but I get the feeling that people will be able to come up with some good shit with it still. I might wait to finalize my Ryder until after people share some good custom characters and just jack those.
You can definitely make some great ones. Depends on how much you put into it.

OE948Je.gif

I feel like "The Ryder Family" is far more iconic in their appearance than whatever the original "Inquisitor" looked like, so I think I'm just gonna go with the default appearances.

Xando

I feel like "The Ryder Family" is far more iconic in their appearance than whatever the original "Inquisitor" looked like, so I think I'm just gonna go with the default appearances.
Yeah i was no fan at the start but i'm starting to like them more and more

X-Frame

I'm going to likely do a default Ryder playthrough first and then hope that for my 2nd play through that the community comes up with some awesome custom characters, at which point if it's easy to import then I'll just do that.

Lime

Shinobi, I know you aren't responsible or anything and I don't blame you at all, but some months ago you did say that the hair would be much better than DA:I and what I've seen is very disappointing. My heightened expectations for the CC made what I just watched worse :(

Shinobi, I know you aren't responsible or anything and I don't blame you at all, but some months ago you did say that the hair would be much better than DA:I and what I've seen is very disappointing. My heightened expectations for the CC made what I just watched worse :(
I saw some footage that made me feel that way a while ago. And hey at least it moves and sways now right? Lol. I'll have to check out your link. Driving atm.

Hopefully PC version runs well. The framerate in the gamespot preview was kind of not smooth at all.

It's weird because I'm watching their stream now and it's pretty consistent 30 on PS4. The guy playing says he didn't think that there were many framerate issues that he noticed playing it.

Doodis

Thursday can't come fast enough. I've watched all the shorter videos released by IGN but have stayed away from the full-length vids to avoid spoiling the beginning of the game and what not, but I'm getting increasingly weak with all the footage coming out.

Lime

I saw some footage that made me feel that way a while ago. And hey at least it moves and sways now right? Lol. I'll have to check out your link. Driving atm.

It's my own fault for not keeping my expectations in check and maybe it's Youtube compression that just makes it look worse than it actually is.

Game Informer 2 hour stream.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/128642114

My thoughts on watching too many stream and vids.

Half of the animations look great, especially those in combat. However, the other half are terrible, usually the ones in cutscenes. They look unfinished, like they needed another pass. Not just the facial animations, the scenes where some characters walk are hilariously bad. Cora during the opening convo at the Nexus, shaking her ass and entire body, legs arms and neck... that's not how a human walks. She looked like an octopus. An octopus crossed with Vince McMahon. Veetra did a similar thing when you
board the Tempest.
She also did some weird thing with her arms that looked like she was spazzing out. I couldn't tell if it was a bug or intentional. In general, I noticed very little unique character animations, which again, just makes me sad that more effort wasn't put into this.

The character animation often don't react to the emotion in the VA either. Effort was obviously put into the script and VA, but you get dead face a lot. Maybe it gets better later on, but I'm not expecting it. Then there's the dead eyes. They don't seem to react to any kind of light. It's quite unsettling. The camera positioning also doesn't help hide it.

Most VA seems great, but some could have also used some work. The character Kumail Nanjiani voices sounds blander then he should be. It's a strange contrast to the Salarian pilot who has so much emotion, like Mordin from the OT. Natalie Dormer seems good though.

Watching a bunch of videos, I'm going to wait. I'll get EA access and play some MP, but I think the game needs work. You know there'll be a GotY edition. It's EA. Gameplay looks solid though, I'll probably really enjoy playing it. It's just the cutscene animations that take me out of it.

I think the actual hair styles look much better than DAI... But the texture is weird, and really messed up looking with the lighter colors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom