• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Mass Effect Community Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shit looks *hot*.

Looked like 9k credits for a bronze clear and 50k credits for an "expert pack", so I don't know how the economy will shake out, but it doesn't sound too terrible, especially once you start getting into silver and gold modes.
I racked up credits fairly easily actually. Got 100K after not too long. Rewards felt worthwhile.

Buckle

Heh, yes. Still, full teams every time. Just saying I got comfy with the combat system pretty quickly and did well in most matches. Credits racked fairly generously.
How would you rate Drack compared to Wrex and Grunt so far?

No worries if can't be answered.

That Drack video was the best, it somehow looked even better graphically to me (might be the lighting and color palettes of handpicked scenes but still, pretty).

I'm increasingly convinced that this is going to be a GREAT game and up there fighting for best of the whole series.

Dineren

Banned
So what's everyone going with re: Standard/Deluxe/Uber Super Deluxe?

I went with Deluxe primarily for the soundtrack, but I also want the pyjak. I passed on the super deluxe since I don't really care about multiplayer.

I really wish Nier didn't get released so late on Steam. I've been looking forward to it, but there is no way I'm going to pass up playing the Mass Effect trial. Nier will have to wait.

Salarians

new character creator seems very limited compared to Inquisition's, only texture beards too :/

I guess that's the price to pay when you base every head on a 3D scan

I racked up credits fairly easily actually. Got 100K after not too long. Rewards felt worthwhile.

Excellent. The one thing that worried me about MP is that the economy would get screwed up and retooled to the point of being like a mobile gacha game. ME3 struck a good balance and I didn't know how things would shape up here, so knowing that the credits flow pretty easily is really good news.

Ovek

7Member7
Yay i'm finally unbanned and can join in on the Mass Effect hype train!

That character creator though... eh i'm sure someone will eke something half decent out of it.

Pretty sure that
Dark Energy
will play a part in the game. It's mentioned in the beginning, watching the Gamespot footage.

Maybe it's what the
Kett are after, and the reason you were actually sent
to Andromeda.

Vengal

Full custom with advanced sliders could have disabled for the video? Maybe the presets since they're based on scans of people's faces will only let you go so crazy.

Bubble

Neo Member
The character creator does not look too hot. Looks like a step backwards from Inquisition, a character creator I actually really liked.

Hopefully the subreddits will create something good and share it. If not, I might just use default male Ryder.

Full custom with advanced sliders could have disabled for the video? Maybe the presets since they're based on scans of people's faces will only let you go so crazy.
Most likely. A bit odd for the full customisation option to gave been disabled, though. Ah well, we'll see how it is when the game releases.

Retrofluxed

Looks to me the presets are limited since they are face scans. I'm thinking if you go with "custom", you'll have full control over the facial features.

UberLevi

Most likely. A bit odd for the full customisation option to gave been disabled, though. Ah well, we'll see how it is when the game releases.

Looks like Custom is just what gets marked when you start editing a preset.
If you watch the video again, you'll notice it switches from Preset to Custom after he switches away from the Preset tab of the CC.

I'm surprised that people are so willing to watch the first couple of hours. So much discovery and surprise-interaction is lost, even if the things that happen aren't that large or important in the long run.

Mindlog

Will be speed-running Gold the first day.
I'm surprised that people are so willing to watch the first couple of hours. So much discovery and surprise-interaction is lost, even if the things that happen aren't that large or important in the long run.
I never consciously went on media blackout, but at the end here I'm pleasantly surprised with how little I know compared to how I went into the first three games. Skipped most videos just because I knew I was already going to play the game.

Six more days though.

If you watch the video again, you'll notice it switches from Preset to Custom after he switches away from the Preset tab of the CC.
Well, that's disappointing.

I was quite excited for the CC because I thought the one in DAI was pretty good so they could only go forward from there.

prag16

Banned

I watched about 10 minutes beyond what we saw in IGN's first 13 video. I've seen enough, and i'm hoping i have the self control not to go any farther before I play it for myself.

Retrofluxed

Yup, looks like you are correct. I guess that's the price we pay for face scans. Looks like I have to work my magic in the character creator again. My joke about spending all 10 hours of Origin Access in the CC may turn out to be true.

Lt-47

new character creator seems very limited compared to Inquisition's, only texture beards too :/

I guess that's the price to pay when you base every head on a 3D scan

I'm not sure it was worth it honestly. They don't look or animate that much better compared to hand made faces. DA:I way of doing thing was fine.

UberLevi

I can't speak for everybody, but for me player interaction and choice have a lot to do with why I'm okay with some mild spoilers. I can watch a video of someone else playing Andromeda before it's out because I know my Ryder is going to look different, I'll probably make different dialogue choices, might bring along different companions, and might be using a completely different loadout. So what I'm seeing and what I'll experience are going to be two dramatically different things, and I know I can never spoil my first playthrough of the game despite the videos I watch because that playthrough will be unique to me.

For anyone who is interested in gobbling up some media that isn't straight up the first hour of the game, Minius GC posted some videos on his youtube channel going over abilities and answering some questions with lots of gameplay footage. It's all looking really slick and he's pretty careful about spoilers and he's careful to just go over gameplay and technical aspects.

Highlight video on some of the abilities
30 minute Q&A video with gameplay footage. (not much gameplay video but great to have on in the background)

Retrofluxed

I'm not sure it was worth it honestly. They don't look or animate that much better compared to hand made faces. DA:I way of doing thing was fine.

I will say, it is nice to not have skin texture quality dip when you select any face other than the default.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom