• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fifty

It's good to be back.
capt.ans10806050529.indians_angels_ans108.jpg

Jays wrap up their series with the A's this afternoon. Should be a good game....Oh, wait, who am I kidding? :(

delgado_carlos030926.jpg

Fifty

Smoltz finally got a chance for a save today :) The guy really needs a chance to get some of them under his belt.

DMczaf

capt.ohtu10406060114.expos_reds_ohtu104.jpg

Welcome back, welcome back...WEL-COME BACK!

Griffey hits 497th and 498th :)

The only thing a Mariners fan can cheer for :(

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
My Stros stink :( They are winning right now but no lead is safe with the way the pen is pitching lately.

AND WTF IS UP WITH GRIFFEY...2 HR'S TODAY

Joe

jesus christ i hate the royals bullpen. this has to be the 4th or 5th time they've given up a lead to the red sox this season.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
WOOT STROS WIN :)

Roy-O gets the win and the bullpen finally saves one.

Matrix

Cubsfan23 said:
Cubs get to play St Louis for 4 games now. Prior and Zambrano will pitch

Watch your team not have to deal with POOjuls :(

Bauer Action Hour said:
Mets win, splitting their 12 game stretch against the Phils and Fish (4-1 vs PHI, 2-5 vs FLA).
Not great, but I'll take it for now. It's impossible to get your hopes up as a Mets fan because then they go and strand 50 thousand runners with the bases loaded. It just doesn't make any sense... they put so much pressure on themselves when coming up with the bases juiced. Someone has to tell them that the onus is on the pitcher. It's mind-boggling. Still, .500 on June 6th. With this team, I'll take it.

Fifty

Man oh man. What a game on ESPN just now. Just when you think Koch can't get any worse, he does. He walked in the winning run in the bottom of the 9th! I've never seen that happen before. He redefines suckitude every game.

Triumph

Banned
Braves win! Braves win! HOLEEE COW!!!

Er, go JD Drew? I guess I'm impressed that his vaginal muscles haven't tightened up on him yet.

Triumph

Banned
Lathentar said:
Here comes the interleague play!
:D Yup, 9 of the Braves next 13 games come against the Tigers, Royals and Indians(gotta play 4 against the Twins and Chi Sox). We seriously need to make a move and pad our record against these mediocre teams. If we can't, that just proves that we're a mediocre team ourselves.

Desperado

go go gadget clemens! we WILL win tonight!

on a related note, I went to the Zephyr's game today and guess who was pitching? JARED F'ING FERNANDEZ. agh needless to say we lost. =/

edit:can't believe I'm saying this, but go cubs! =/

Joe

id love to see a big hook just come out of nowhere and yank kruk off the set of baseball tonight.

Fifty

Thought Nomar might come back today. I wonder what the timeline is now. I guess we'll find out soon. Jays beat the Dodgers! We actually got a good outing from a starting pitcher, what a shocker. Smoltzy got another save :D David Wells actually pitched a good game, and Pedro pitched a two hitter in the same game. I love interleague play :D

Matrix

Clemens did his usual owning,hopefully the Stros bullpen can pull it out.

I can feel 9-0.

Damn JOo Biggio!!!!!!

Matrix

He totally read that ball all wrong :(

COME ON LIDGE!!!!!

Matrix

GEEZ...will Ensberg ever hit a HR?

WOOT CLEMENS 9-0...ALL-STAR GAME STARTER HERE WE COME :D

PS- Dotel will be the death of me.

Joe

looks like piazza will be catching clemens at the all-star game...

irony eh?

and do you guys realize its the top of the 15th and the brewers and and angels are still tied at 0???

Miguel

Welcome to last week Joe.

Actually, the All Star lineup will be

C - Ausmus
1b - Bagwell
2b - Kent
ss - Everett
3b - Ensberg
of - biggio
of - berkman
of - hidalgo

Those ballots will be stuffed again once this roadtrip is over. Did you see the first voting results? lol

Kent/Everett 1st place
Bagwell/Ausmus 2nd place
Ensberg 3rd place
Biggio 4th place
Berkman 5th
Hidalgo 7th

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
Joe said:
and do you guys realize its the top of the 15th and the brewers and and angels are still tied at 0???

Top of the 17th now. Insane. I had both starting pitchers on my fantasy team as well.

EDIT: GAME OVER IN 17! Posednik with the game winning double!

Lathentar

Looking for Pants
GO Cubs!

Nice line by Prior today. He's actually human, unlike what you Cub fans want to believe.

IP H R ER BB SO HR PC-ST ERA
M Prior 3 2/3 5 5 5 5 1 1 83-49 4.66

Matrix

WTF u at Cubsfan? lmao Prior is human just like Roy-O.

Matrix

Cubsfan23 said:
Prior will have the last laugh this year

Not if his team doesnt turn it around,they look worse than the Stros.

Joe

the yankees come back from a 5-0 defecit and are now leading 7-5 in the bottom 8th. this team is sick, they are always in the game no matter how many runs they are behind.

and really the man of the game is tanyon sturtze...AGAIN. he pitches 4 innings of relief and only lets up 1 run. he's really been great so far in long relief and has helped the yanks win 2 games so far (if they win tonight).

Matrix

Cubsfan23 said:
we're not struggling against the mariners

Doesnt matter,whos in 4th place?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom