• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Board Game Thread (Newcomer Friendly)

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Xater said:
So I got Pandemic today and played 4 or 5 game sin a row. Great game but we did not beat the game once. :lol

Try taking out a few of the epedimic or breakout cards or whatever they are called. Try it with only a 2-3 at first. Also, make sure you have the medic and scientist in your first few games. They make life much much easier.

The medic's sole job should be hopping around the world curing the breakouts and let the other players worry about searching for cures.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
StoOgE said:
Try taking out a few of the epedimic or breakout cards or whatever they are called. Try it with only a 2-3 at first. Also, make sure you have the medic and scientist in your first few games. They make life much much easier.

The medic's sole job should be hopping around the world curing the breakouts and let the other players worry about searching for cures.
Having a dispatcher helps greatly for new groups as well, since they can move people around faster to help contain problem areas with their ability to move a player's token directly to a another player's token. Much more flexible than having the construction guy going around building bases, just keep the dispatcher at Atlanta and he can bring people directly back for cures.

ultron87

Xater said:
So I got Pandemic today and played 4 or 5 game sin a row. Great game but we did not beat the game once. :lol

We taught two of our friends how to play on Sunday. We were doing perfectly fine and had a good set of jobs, then an epidemic draw left two adjacent cities: one with 3 blocks and one with 2. The next draw of cards has the city with 3 first, so outbreak (adjacent city now has 3 cubes) followed by the adjacent city, so outbreak in both cities. We immediately lost due to lack of blue cubes.

So it was a good introduction to the game for the newbies. :lol

StoOgE

XiaNaphryz said:
Having a dispatcher helps greatly for new groups as well, since they can move people around faster to help contain problem areas with their ability to move a player's token directly to a another player's token. Much more flexible than having the construction guy going around building bases, just keep the dispatcher at Atlanta and he can bring people directly back for cures.

Another good point.

Basically, make sure you take on your role. If you have a special ability, that needs to become your character. Don't just go "oh, and there is this cool thing I can do sometimes". You really need to take your special power to heart and use it all the time because the special powers are much more useful than your normal thing.

Everyone can help put out outbreaks if it gets bad of course, but it is much easier for the medic to do.

Xater

StoOgE said:

We actually picked our roles so tha tit would be easier. Mostly we did ok, we just ran out of cards. Just once we really got overrun by the diseases.

StoOgE said:
Another good point.

Basically, make sure you take on your role. If you have a special ability, that needs to become your character. Don't just go "oh, and there is this cool thing I can do sometimes". You really need to take your special power to heart and use it all the time because the special powers are much more useful than your normal thing.

Everyone can help put out outbreaks if it gets bad of course, but it is much easier for the medic to do.
This.

Your character has a special power for a reason, use it!

Our group can usually take down easy and medium every time. It's the hard level that kills us in the most soul crushing way imaginable. Love this game.

Ultron87 said:
We taught two of our friends how to play on Sunday. We were doing perfectly fine and had a good set of jobs, then an epidemic draw left two adjacent cities: one with 3 blocks and one with 2. The next draw of cards has the city with 3 first, so outbreak (adjacent city now has 3 cubes) followed by the adjacent city, so outbreak in both cities. We immediately lost due to lack of blue cubes.

So it was a good introduction to the game for the newbies.
Ouch, that really sucks.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Neverfade said:
I just played a no-muster Game of Thrones.

Someone please know what the hell I'm talking about to sympathize with how ridiculous that is.
Holy shit, that is fantastic! Did it go the whole ten rounds? I didn't even think a no muster game was even possible!

As for TTR, I guess I'll look online. I like to throw my flgs a bone every now and then though. Poor guy can't compete with the Internet, other than the a&a Europe and pacific games he sells for $45 while everyone else is pushing 60-90.

Watching an Armored Trooper VOTOMS DVD marathon while I am here on Chicago for a conference, holy crap I wish there was a game for this! Mecha games are so underrepresented!!

jason10mm

Gold Member
Yeah, I already have a metric shit ton if heavy gear stuff, never realized where they got all their ideas till now :p

I want a small mecha game, based on Votoms or maybe landmates from Appleseed. A heavy gear boardgame would be cool too. I have a bunch of living steel powered armor stuff and they have a war-game called dragon rising, but really, aside from battletech and a few mechs in stuff like dust:tactics, it has really died out.

A macross game would be the absolute shiznit, though quite frankly it would have a couple of invincible hero units, tons if expendable cannon fodder, and a "I win" minmay card (gotta make the player sing though, just to discourage use :p

jason10mm said:
Yeah, I already have a metric shit ton if heavy gear stuff, never realized where they got all their ideas till now :p

I want a small mecha game, based on Votoms or maybe landmates from Appleseed. A heavy gear boardgame would be cool too. I have a bunch of living steel powered armor stuff and they have a war-game called dragon rising, but really, aside from battletech and a few mechs in stuff like dust:tactics, it has really died out.

A macross game would be the absolute shiznit, though quite frankly it would have a couple of invincible hero units, tons if expendable cannon fodder, and a "I win" minmay card (gotta make the player sing though, just to discourage use :p

INFINITY is pretty good, it's style and universe is largely based off Appleseed and Ghost in the Shell - http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity_ENG/ Lot of high tech future combat, stealth suits, body hacking, tachikoma looking remotes, landmates, etc.

Neverfade

jason10mm said:
Holy shit, that is fantastic! Did it go the whole ten rounds? I didn't even think a no muster game was even possible!

As for TTR, I guess I'll look online. I like to throw my flgs a bone every now and then though. Poor guy can't compete with the Internet, other than the a&a Europe and pacific games he sells for $45 while everyone else is pushing 60-90.

Watching an Armored Trooper VOTOMS DVD marathon while I am here on Chicago for a conference, holy crap I wish there was a game for this! Mecha games are so underrepresented!!

Yep, guy snuck a footman onto a city in the last round to claim the last area he needed.

Supply cards kept popping up. Then Winter is Coming, which apparently just shuffled them all back to the top of the deck. Hard to do anything with two ships and a footman (though I did take back King's Landing like that :lol ).

Neverfade

Is Alien Frontiers on anyones radar?
Designer said it was inspired by "what he thought Kingsburg was." Which is to say he'd never played it. Looks to be a far superior implementation of the using-certain-die-faces-for-certain-actions mechanic. This is based off my plays of just the base game of KB, which is.... Ok I guess.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
kingsburg is cool. it's basically an abstract. expansion bumps it up about a point in my book. very solid

StoOgE

So, I got up to election day and my opponent had to go home :/

FFS if you had to leave after 2 hours why did you agree to a long game :mad:

RAGE.

Anyway, the game was extremely fun. I owned the NorthEast and South with Kennedy and had election day cards played to give me 5 support checks in Chicago (opponent had 2 support cubes on Illinois) and 5 support checks in California (opponent had 1 support there).

I really felt good going into election day which may be why he bounced.

But I'm pretty pissed. There were 3 guys who wanted to try the game out, but this guy had asked first so I let him play only to have him bounce after 2 hours.

God damnit.

I played the first two missions of Space Hulk last night. I played the Marines and got smoked both missions. The first mission's objective requires that the Marines set fire to a room. The thing is only one terminator has the ability to set things on fire. If he's dead fission mailed. I started out great. I was taking out Genestealers left and right. I was making my way to the room I needed to get to and my friend and was able to get the flamer terminator out in the open. Since I really didn't have a way to defend myself I was toast.

The second mission gives the Genestealers a limited amount of blips and a condition where they cannot enter the board if a Marine is within 6 spaces from the entrance. The object is to stop the Genestealers from entering the board and if you can't you have to kill them all. There are two entrances and the marines are split up so it's a little more complicated than the first mission. This mission I actually made my opponent sweat but I made a critical mistake. Instead of rushing to the area where I would be able to stop the Genestealer reinforcements I was way too cautious and he was able to finally overrun my Marines and beat me. This mission's ending felt epic. It was just the Sargent, his trusty hammer, and his back to the wall. I had guard turned on so I was able to re-roll my die after the Genestealer rolled. I was able to beat a handful of his Genestealers before finally being overwhelmed.

Really great game and my friend absolutely loved it so we will be playing more of it sooner rather than later.

joeyjoejoeshabadoo said:
I played the first two missions of Space Hulk last night. I played the Marines and got smoked both missions. The first mission's objective requires that the Marines set fire to a room. The thing is only one terminator has the ability to set things on fire. If he's dead fission mailed. I started out great. I was taking out Genestealers left and right. I was making my way to the room I needed to get to and my friend and was able to get the flamer terminator out in the open. Since I really didn't have a way to defend myself I was toast.

The second mission gives the Genestealers a limited amount of blips and a condition where they cannot enter the board if a Marine is within 6 spaces from the entrance. The object is to stop the Genestealers from entering the board and if you can't you have to kill them all. There are two entrances and the marines are split up so it's a little more complicated than the first mission. This mission I actually made my opponent sweat but I made a critical mistake. Instead of rushing to the area where I would be able to stop the Genestealer reinforcements I was way too cautious and he was able to finally overrun my Marines and beat me. This mission's ending felt epic. It was just the Sargent, his trusty hammer, and his back to the wall. I had guard turned on so I was able to re-roll my die after the Genestealer rolled. I was able to beat a handful of his Genestealers before finally being overwhelmed.

Really great game and my friend absolutely loved it so we will be playing more of it sooner rather than later.

Playing Space Hulk with the soundtrack to Aliens in the background, soooo good.

Chairhome

So, since Civ V came out on PC, I've been on a Civ kick. Has anyone tried the Civ boardgame? How is it? Should I wait for the new one that comes out this fall?

fenners

Chairhome said:
So, since Civ V came out on PC, I've been on a Civ kick. Has anyone tried the Civ boardgame? How is it? Should I wait for the new one that comes out this fall?

Wait for the new one.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Chairhome said:
platysignal (through the ages)

Screaming_Gremlin

My QB is a Dick and my coach is a Nutt
I finally had a chance to play Imperial 2030 last week with my board game group. The game was a blast. I love that at first glance you would think it is just a slightly more complicated version of Risk, but once you dig into the investment portion of the game it is so much more. I love watching one of my opponents build up units for some strategy, just to invest enough in the county to take control of it from them. I then use their units to attack someone else wrecking the original person's plan before losing control of the nation again the next time they get the investment card. The game should be even better next time, since a few of the people in the group were trying to play the game as a wargame instead of an economic investment game.

Also to change topics, has anyone played Fury pf Dracula? I was reading about it on BGG and it seemed pretty interesting. Assuming FFG ever reprints the game I was considering picking it up, but was curious to hear some GAF impressions if they exist.

fenners

Screaming_Gremlin said:
Also to change topics, has anyone played Fury pf Dracula? I was reading about it on BGG and it seemed pretty interesting. Assuming FFG ever reprints the game I was considering picking it up, but was curious to hear some GAF impressions if they exist.

I love Fury of Dracula. 1 vs 4 is a rare gameplay setup for modern boardgames. In the hands of a good sneaky Dracula, it's a real nailbiter of a game, manipulating the locations, feinting out the hunters with sneaky power use & so on. It's been a couple of years since it hit the table but I still remember the last game where it went to the /very/ last possible action to decide the winner. The one downside to it is it can be a bit fiddly with how Dracula uses hidden cards to control movement - if the Dracula player isn't paying good attention, it's easy to "cheat" accidentally, but that's handled in the rules.

We played with house rules for combat too - my group back then didn't like the standard combat rules where combat's basically resolved by dice rolls & then power card selection in event of a tie... We played where we'd add the dice + power card selection.... That gave a strong advantage to Dracula during night fights, which is fitting IMO and reduced the randomness. YMMV of course.

StoOgE

Screaming_Gremlin said:

I'm actually going to be playing it next Tuesday. I'm pretty excited to try it out as the 1 v 4 dynamic sounds like it could be done well. I want to play as Dracula, but I think we should leave that to someone who has played the game before.

Screaming_Gremlin

Thanks for the impressions fenners. Sounds like an awesome game and my group should have a perfect setup since there are usually five of us.

Fury of Dracula is wierd as it can largely come to chance how much you enjoy it. The rules are a bit much so it takes a while to get started properly and a game can go horribly wrong very fast for a Dracula player by sheer luck. Sometimes the game plays out great and you have a long fun chase, but sometimes sheer luck causes a game to pretty much end very fast. Have had bad and good experiences with the game. Also regular game rules, Dracula player is at a disadvantage and has a much harder time than the players. Their is an optional rules segment in the book that has some tweaks to the rules if you feel that Dracula player is too weak or vice versa.

It's interesting, but not a game I would play often really, after several tries I sold off my copy long ago, it didn't last long with our group.

StoOgE

Screaming_Gremlin said:
Thanks for the impressions fenners. Sounds like an awesome game and my group should have a perfect setup since there are usually five of us.

I think it is out of print currently. You can still get it, but it might cost a bit.

Screaming_Gremlin

StoOgE said:
I think it is out of print currently. You can still get it, but it might cost a bit.

It is listed on FFG's website in the upcoming section as getting a reprint. Of course with FFG who knows when that is going to happen. At this point I am hoping for early next year around when War of the Ring also gets a reprint (that is supposed to be early 2011, right?).

AstroLad said:
platysignal (through the ages)

I was also thinking about responding with "I have the older one in my trade list on BGG if you're interested" :-D

But yes, Through The Ages is ace. Quoting a post I made earlier in the thread:

platypotamus said:
I'm not sure why everyone is so hyped on the new Civ board game. The old one isn't very good (it's on my trade list on BGG if anyone wants it!), and you've already got Through the Ages, which I've been thinking about making my first 10 rated game over on BGG. I mean, I'm willing to give this game a shot, but I can't imagine it being as good as Through the Ages, I really can't.

Anyway, since everyone's all Civ-ed out, here's five reasons you should check out Through the Ages:

1. The Timestream - As you play, cards from the appropriate age are used to populate the timestream. These are things you can use actions to acquire, and could be new leaders, techs, actions, or wonders. They are shuffled each game, and when they show up in the timestream has dramatic effect as to their efficacy. Even the really powerful cards (Michaelangelo is a ridiculous culture leader) might be near worthless if they come at a bad time in the timestream.

2. Tough Choices - You cannot possibly (even come close) to doing everything you want to do with your civ in this game. Some aspects of your civ are going to fall behind of others, the economy is just balanced this way. Want to improve production? You're falling behind on research, or culture, or military. Or you don't have enough food to feed the people working in production. Or you have a shitty government. You can't possibly do it all, and due to the timestream above, and other factors, each game your choices will be different.

3. Interaction - Even in a 2player game (no diplomacy options, since there's only two players), there's a lot of interactivity. Militarily, you can directly attack other players. Worse? You can pay extra actions to grab something far ahead on the timestream, because otherwise, an opponent would get it. You can totally force the player to change the direction their civ is going in, just because they can't afford to fall too far behind in X (whether X is research, military, culture...). At the same time, your plans for next turn go out the window immediately they try to settle a new colony (and you end up "winning" the colony by sacrificing some of your military, which is now very weak).

4. Multiple Viable Paths - While your Civ will be lacking somehow at the end of the game, you can still end up kicking ass over all. I've seen the winner of the game still be mining Iron (rather than coal or oil). I've seen the winner come from a massive deficit by essentially ignoring culture to build up their infrastructure, and then switch gears. I've seen an entire game go with essentially zero military build up.

5. Corruption Done Right - You cannot be a hoarder in this game. If your civ has a bunch of standing wealth sitting around, you lose some of it to corruption. This (coupled with a well thought out economic system) works first as a nice negative feedback loop, preventing a runaway lead. It also forces you into some of those tough choices above. Building a wonder requires a bit of hoarding. You may really want the (usually significant!) advantage of a wonder, but is it worth corruption eating up some of your resources? You may really need a larger army, but you can't really grow it without corruption/famine... unless you demolish a temple or a library...?

6. BONUS SIXTH REASON: EVENTS - Aside from the timestream, there's also event cards. You play one of these into a small stack at the start of your turn. In doing this, you are seeding the future events pile. You won't know when exactly this event will come up, but it WILL come up. It can be anything from a new colony to settle to a bonus/penalty to the civ strongest/weakest in some area. Ooh, a new colony just showed up, should you bid for it? You really want it, but not quite as much as the colony YOU put in the event list, and that'll come up in a few turns. Can you go for both? Can you bid some more military just to raise the price on your opponent(s), but without winning? Or worse... you put a card in there that gives a big bonus to the player with the biggest military... and bidding on this colony puts you in danger of losing that bonus to an opponent. Is the colony's bonus worth it?

*WHEW*

Anyway, this game is amazing.

Playing Civ V has totally made me want to play some Through the Ages. I wonder if I can get a crew together for a game this weekend...

EDIT: Hell yes, top of the page, now everyone gets to see me heaping praise on TTA for the next 100 posts.

StoOgE

One thing I will mention about 1960 last night.

A *ton* of people came up to us while we were playing and asked what it was and then got pretty interested. I think it was most likely the size of the board and all the little colored bits that attracted attention.

I also think this game reminds me just a ton of Small World. I know that sounds funny, but the campaigning process is fairly similar to the takeover process in Small World. Of course, this game has a lot more going on and has a great feeling of having ot pick your battles. You can't control media in all territories, all of the issues and still control the board. And you have to decide if you want to keep that awesome card for the debate phase or play it now. It really is a light wargame in a lot of ways.

Now, my biggest complaints (other than not getting to finish the game). Some turns just came up too lopsided for one player. In one turn both players had nothing but Kennedy cards (or close to it) and I had enough momentum tokens to play all of them. There are some balancing factors of course (using momentum to block moves, etc) but it seemed a few times that the turn was lopsided. Could be a first play issue as well.

My other problem is simply this: they need to give you more cubes. A lot more. We found ourselves running out around turn 5 and it didn't get any better after the debates. We were using momentum and endorsement markers in place of cubes. I wish I knew a place where I could buy a second set of cubes. I may contact Z-man about this actually. Just tell them I lost my cube bag and want to buy more.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Z-Man sent me more cubes before. Don't remember if it's because the game didn't have as much as they said or what but I did get some.

StoOgE

AstroLad said:
Z-Man sent me more cubes before. Don't remember if it's because the game didn't have as much as they said or what but I did get some.

Looks like the 2nd printing got 10 cubes of each color added to it so they may have been running a deal back when the 2nd printing was done. By the looks of things I got the first edition.

10 each should be more than enough unless one player just lets the other walk all over them.

I'll shoot them an email and hope for the best.

StoOgE

Neverfade said:
When i had the game I got more cubes sent because the ones in the box were moldy.

It's actually pretty awesome how easy most of these companies are to deal with. Back when I first bought my Euro games I never did an inventory and just assumed everything was there.

Then I had some issues with Puerto Rico and decided to check all of my games. I wound up getting Power Grid, TTR, Memoir 44 and Puerto Rico parts mailed to me within a week from the involved companies.

Lesson learned: check your inventory if there is anything that you *dont* punch out, it is very likely to be wrong. I assume there is probably some poor person boxing these things that has to try and hand count the number of chits and it has to be extremely easy to screw up.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
StoOgE said:
Now, my biggest complaints (other than not getting to finish the game). Some turns just came up too lopsided for one player. In one turn both players had nothing but Kennedy cards (or close to it) and I had enough momentum tokens to play all of them. There are some balancing factors of course (using momentum to block moves, etc) but it seemed a few times that the turn was lopsided. Could be a first play issue as well.
You'll encounter this in both TS and 1960 anytime you get a bad hand, and it's a lot harsher in TS since there's no way to prevent opponent's events from triggering outside using the card on the Space Race.

A lot of the game is about managing and minimizing damage. If you can weather the storm, it should mean that in later turns there will be more cards favoring you in the mix that the other player will potentially have to deal with.

Sasquatch

platypotamus said:
I was also thinking about responding with "I have the older one in my trade list on BGG if you're interested" :-D

But yes, Through The Ages is ace. Quoting a post I made earlier in the thread:

Playing Civ V has totally made me want to play some Through the Ages. I wonder if I can get a crew together for a game this weekend...

EDIT: Hell yes, top of the page, now everyone gets to see me heaping praise on TTA for the next 100 posts.

Your post got me to look into and then purchase the game. I've only played the basic game so far, but I'm really looking forward to playing the more advanced games. Lucky for me, I played the basic game with my wife and she enjoyed it more than she thought she would. Hopefully I'll have a willing opponent with the full game.

hoverX

So what's the verdict on Castle Ravenloft?

I've got a few friends coming up to the cottage this weekend and i'm looking for something we could play in about 2 hours. There will be 4 of us. One is my girlfriend who will probably be against anything with rules that are too complicated and the other 2 guys coming up aren't really into boardgames. Something Sci-fi or Fantasy would be right up our alley.

StoOgE

hoverX said:

I've got a few friends coming up to the cottage this weekend and i'm looking for something we could play in about 2 hours. There will be 4 of us. One is my girlfriend who will probably be against anything with rules that are too complicated and the other 2 guys coming up aren't really into boardgames. Something Sci-fi or Fantasy would be right up our alley.

I have not played it, but it is in the top 20 of the Ameritrash (Thematic) category on Boardgamegeek with a 60 minute playtime. So it must be pretty decent and not too complicated given the playtime.

I'll let some of the other guys weigh in with specifics.

hoverX said:

Should be fine, it's very simple and can play pretty quick. Don't know if your GF would like it no matter what though.

StoOgE

BattleMonkey said:
Should be fine, it's very simple and can play pretty quick. Don't know if your GF would like it no matter what though.

The one thing I would caution on is nerd factor. Even if it is a fantastic game it still says D&D on it and that has certain stigma amongst non-nerds.

In fact, my new girlfriend found out I go to a board game night. She noticed I was never available on Tuesdays and asked me what I was doing so I told her.

Her reaction: "Thank God, I thought you were playing D&D". :lol

I'm really not sure why board game night is better than D&D but it is.

hoverX said:

If dungeoncrawling is your thing it's a great game. It reminds me a lot of Warhammer Quest in the combination of random tiles, objective a certain distance down, random events and monsters. Not a great deal of loot, but your characters rely on their daily, at will and one use powers for variety of attacks and effects. Each character has about 10 or 11 to choose from each game, so you can plan a strategy going in.

It plays fast (only one dice roll for everything), the monster AI is easy to follow but incredibly clever (they manage to give the bosses personality!) and the one game that comes to mind when describing the game is elegant.

The only precaution is don't play with people who tend to get bogged down in rules and ambiguities in language. The rulebook is small, and the game expects you to just go with it. And like many of the games of this type the rules a flexible enough that a few changes or misunderstandings will not break it. The only problem we've had is in Adventure 4 (the gather treasure adventure) when we interpreted it as usable treasure items, not treasure cards. However there are not many actual, keepable items in the deck so the adventure dragged on far longer than any other.

StoOgE said:
The one thing I would caution on is nerd factor. Even if it is a fantastic game it still says D&D on it and that has certain stigma amongst non-nerds.

In fact, my new girlfriend found out I go to a board game night. She noticed I was never available on Tuesdays and asked me what I was doing so I told her.

Her reaction: "Thank God, I thought you were playing D&D". :lol

I'm really not sure why board game night is better than D&D but it is.
Wrong move, you should have said you were Batman. Instant panty dropper.

My guess, is that everybody has played a board game in their life not everybody has played D&D.

StoOgE

joeyjoejoeshabadoo said:
Wrong move, you should have said you were Batman. Instant panty dropper.

My guess, is that everybody has played a board game in their life not everybody has played D&D.

I told her I was excited about the new Green Lantern movie the other night and she didn't know who he was. I stopped myself from nerd raging into a 30 minute discussion about Parallax, the Corps and the Guardians of the Universe that would have left me single.

I've gotten good at dating normal girls. You just have to slowly drip your nerdy tendencies on them until they are accepting of teabagging 12 year olds in Halo Reach at 4 in the morning.

AstroLad said:
just tell people what you're playing is "like monopoly." that always works

Her brother owns Agricola and she has played it. So she asked me if I played Catan a lot and I just said yes and left it at that. I guess she never noticed the bottom shelf of my book case when she came over :lol I'm not going to get her into Arkham Horror or anything, but I think she will try most of my collection without too much issue.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah i never have a problem getting people to play board games. most people are into scrabble and whatnot and even more so now with iphone gaming so the transition to gateways is pretty seamless

AstroLad said:
yeah i never have a problem getting people to play board games. most people are into scrabble and whatnot and even more so now with iphone gaming so the transition to gateways is pretty seamless
Thankfully my friends have been more receptive to trying new games lately and my girlfriend has been completely behind the hobby so it hasn't been too bad. I'll run into the occasional, "Can't we just play Monopoly?" when trying to introduce something slightly more complex than Monopoly but I just trudge through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom