• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New FIFA (360) Coca Cola Championship League Thread - Season Has Begun

league.png

league1.jpg

Neogaf Username / Team / Gamertag

Tf53 / Sheffield Wednesday / Tf53
N.A / Nottingham Forest / AllApologies17
SmokingBarrelX / QPR / tfisher21
Meus / Cardiff City / Starfleets
Daigoro / Ipswich / Matty Thorns
AstroLad / Wolves / AstroTheLad
k0ji-wd / Bristol City / tse88
cjelly / Reading / CrunchinJelly
Strikevillain / Sheffield United / striKeVillain
teebs33 / Watford / teebs33
grkazan12 / Preston North End / Grkazan11
FooFighter / Derby County / Will J D
Moundir&Tony>you / Plymouth / I IS ERROR
jibblypop / Crystal Palace / torontoDowntown

Remember

When you play a fixture, make sure your result is posted on the thread - either by you or your opponent. When posting the result, it is critical that you make sure to note who was playing HOME and who was AWAY. By the end of the week, there will be two results expected from you as you had two matches.

Note the goal scorers as well please

Week 1 Fixtures

Sheffield United v Derby County
Plymouth Argyle v Wolves
QPR v Preston North End
Cardiff v Watford
Bristol v Sheffield Wednesday * Tf53 will not be able to play until the 4th of August because of special circumstances
Crystal Palace v Nottingham Forest
Ipswich v Reading

League Results Updated Constantly

k0ji-wd

oh yeah, i got a friend who wants to be in this too so i'll just post for him (its not me i swear! :D )

his new to XBL so i'll post his GT when he gets it up and running. Also GMT +10.

and since you say they're the worst team in the game OP, i'll take birmingham :D

grkazan12

I'm in too mates and I'm going with Preston North End F.C., don't know much about Coca Cola but neogaf fifa leagues are always the best.

GT:Grkazan11

Tf53

I guess I could take Sheffield Wednesday.

I hope you'll excuse me if I don't play any games before August 4th, I'll be honeymooning in Lisbon.

On an interesting aside, the restaurant we had our reception in gave us a neat little wedding present: a big bottle of Moet! :D

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Is it a mixture of European and American players?

I'm in the UK so I guess when I face an American I'd probably have to go with the weekend or something. I'm rarely up past midnight. :p

Tf53 said:
I guess I could take Sheffield Wednesday.

I hope you'll excuse me if I don't play any games before August 4th, I'll be honeymooning in Lisbon.

On an interesting aside, the restaurant we had our reception in gave us a neat little wedding present: a big bottle of Moet! :D

That's going to be difficult on your part because you'll have 2 week's worth of fixtures. Each week will start on a Wednesday. So the league will start on

1st Week - Wednesday the 29th July.

I don't want to say No to anyone, but we can't start the league so late as the week following next as that would mean an increase of fixtures for everyone per week. I was just looking at the fixture timeplan and it would involve you playing 8 matches in 1 day, but a domino effect on 4 other league members who were to meant to play you in those 2 weeks.

Tf53

Meus Renaissance said:
That's going to be difficult on your part because you'll have 2 week's worth of fixtures. Each week will start on a Wednesday. So the league will start on

1st Week - Wednesday the 29th July.

I don't want to say No to anyone, but we can't start the league so late as the week following next as that would mean an increase of fixtures for everyone per week. I was just looking at the fixture timeplan and it would involve you playing 8 matches in 1 day, but a domino effect on 4 other league members who were to meant to play you in those 2 weeks.
I can easily play 12 games by the end of week 3, if my opponents inform me of their schedule during week 3. After getting home, I won't have anything time-specific to take care of, so I can prioritize the games and fit my schedule accordingly. You make the call, of course, but I think I can make up for the lost time. I suspect Astrolad and Woodchuck would vouch for me given my past record?

Tf53 said:
I can easily play 12 games by the end of week 3, if my opponents inform me of their schedule during week 3. After getting home, I won't have anything time-specific to take care of, so I can prioritize the games and fit my schedule accordingly. You make the call, of course, but I think I can make up for the lost time. I suspect Astrolad and Woodchuck would vouch for me given my past record?

I've changed the fixture plan slightly. We'll play 1 opponent twice each week, so that's just 2 games. I've put you on the roster. You'll need to play your games on the 4th mate. The following day, Wednesday the 5th, will see the next round of fixtures.

Welcome to the league ;)

Tf53

Meus Renaissance said:
I've changed the fixture plan slightly. We'll play 1 opponent twice each week, so that's just 2 games. I've put you on the roster. You'll need to play your games on the 4th mate. The following day, Wednesday the 5th, will see the next round of fixtures.

Welcome to the league ;)

Thanks. I also realized I'd only have had to play 4 games on the 4th anyway, since the second week starts on the 5th. :)

Now, after a glorious 3-hour nap (it's 3am here, just wanted to check this situation :)), I'm off to Lisbon. Catch you guys later!

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Looking forward to this. I hadn't really played FIFA in a month or so at least, but it's still as fun as ever.

k0ji-wd

MOTHERFUCKER, my fifa disc just broke, it just freezes anytime i start a game, i've had the same problem before, and now i'm onto my FOURTH goddamn fucking 09 disc, shit, fuck fuck!!!!!!

. . .i'll go buy it tomorrow :lol

k0ji-wd

Meus Renaissance said:
Try to install it to the HDD

Nah, tried that before, if it does install whatever error that happens on disc, happens on the install too. Like I had a copy that just would freeze whenever the opposition team scored a goal, and after I installed it, the same error would appear. Also my friends out, it's gonna be too much of a hassle for me to keep up stats for him with how busy i'm going to be.

Moundir&Tony> said:
hope I'll manage to win a few games (full manual settings)

Should get a few more since we're playing with semi-auto settings.

Moundir&Tony>you said:
hmm, I think I'm gonna join you guys.

gimme plymouth :)
hope I'll manage to win a few games (full manual settings)

Cool what's your gamerag. Also remember the league starts Wednesday, so be here.

k0ji-wd said:
Nah, tried that before, if it does install whatever error that happens on disc, happens on the install too. Like I had a copy that just would freeze whenever the opposition team scored a goal, and after I installed it, the same error would appear. Also my friends out, it's gonna be too much of a hassle for me to keep up stats for him with how busy i'm going to be.

Should get a few more since we're playing with semi-auto settings.

I don't think I put a limit to the control settings mate.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Moundir&Tony>you said:
Gtag: I IS ERROR

I'll be here on wednesday, won't be available much during week-ends.
That might make it somewhat hard for you to play your games. It might not, but I think in our last league 95% of games were played on the weekend. A big part of this is the US-UK time difference.

The roster will be closed tomorrow at 8pm GMT (3PM EST), 12 Noon Pacific Coast. Fixtures for the first week will be provided in the OP shortly after.

Birmingham is rubbish. AVFC 4 LYFE!

So, I totally forgot until last night, and it shouldn't be a problem because it will only be the second half of week one, and the first half of week two, but I will be on holiday in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina from Aug. 2nd to Aug. 8th. Like I said, I will have the second half of week two, and first half of week one.

Just wanted to give a heads up to whoever is unlucky enough to play me ;)

P.S. You're not allowed to use strikers or midfielders in your starting XI bro. Bristol City have been hit by swine flu and you will need to recreate the authenticity by dropping your entire team and playing reserve defenders

k0ji-wd

Meus Renaissance said:
P.S. You're not allowed to use strikers or midfielders in your starting XI bro. Bristol City have been hit by swine flu and you will need to recreate the authenticity by dropping your entire team and playing reserve defenders

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh snap

woodchuck

Meus Renaissance said:
Does anyone know someone outside Gaf who might be interested?

definitely not a good idea to have a non-gaf member in the league. from experience, too much of a hassle. robmonge lol

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
yeah, the problem is non-gaffers can't even view the online forum. i'd suggest a few people i know IRL who have gaf accounts but they are all bums that do not meet my standards for league comrades so i won't

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Just make a thread in gaming:
IF YOU DO NOT JOIN THE FIFA 09 COCA-COLA CHAMPIONSHIP LEAGUE AND PROVE YOUR MERIT, YOU ARE BANNED FROM ANY AND ALL FIFA 10 LEAGUES

Might have to squeeze some of that into the body, just call the thread BANNED FROM FIFA 10

People have to prove their worth afaic.

Top Bottom