• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

Blackhead

Redarse
hey gaf, this new ipad is great, but i still need to go to my PC to check on things and move files over to my phone. i dont want to sit behind my PC anymore. whats the best VNC client? i used to use iteleport but wanted to know if there is anything better.

If you still have iteleport then go for it. If not, check out the new 'free' logmein.

So did I luck out? My 4s next to my iPad3

Both screens look awesome.

z3t2Q.jpg

Doesn't look yellow to me.

welp, I just wasted a dollar on modern combat 3 or whatever

thought the online would at least be decent, nope

Note to self; Never buy an FPS on the iPad. Ever.

Good thing it was only a dollar.

Anyway, what are some good non-puzzle games I could get on this thing? Any space flight games or something?

kaskade

Man I didn't realize real racing was on sale. Its back to normal now. I don't know why I didn't jump on it. That was pretty stupid of me. Oh well, next time.

rinse82

Picked up an inicipio smart feather (frost) to pair with my dark grey smart cover.

And just pick this up from colcasac (i throw my ipad in my bag a lot so wanted a pouch to keep it in)

zagora.jpeg

see5harp

Ah okay thanks. I believe they are actually already in dropbox. However, due to the fact I had it mirroring my documents, and I blew past my 10gb allotment it hasn't updated in some time. Much easier to locally add to my iPad and delete when finished.

If you want to do it locally it probably works the same as all apps. You go to your iPad settings within iTunes, go to the applications tab, scroll down and you'll see all of the programs that support external files. Then ou just drag and drop. Comic zeal and all of my music production software works that way.

I just returned my iPad, I was one of the unfortunates with 1/4 of the top of the screen with the yellow tint. It did not get any better since I purchased it on Friday. I am glad I did, my exchange iPad looks so much better. I suggest anyone with the same problem do not hesitate to exchange it, it is not worth paying so much and living with something like that.

Campaign is worth the $.99 to me, and I've only played for an hour. Haven't tried the multi.

welp, I just wasted a dollar on modern combat 3 or whatever

thought the online would at least be decent, nope

Note to self; Never buy an FPS on the iPad. Ever.

Good thing it was only a dollar.

Anyway, what are some good non-puzzle games I could get on this thing? Any space flight games or something?

cnizzle06

Banned
My screen is great and doesn't appear yellow whatsoever. However my iPad does run pretty damn hot and it seems to take a good period of time to charge. Hope that's common

I know that feel, bro. Another 2 weeks.

xoKQi.png

You'd have to cancel the ones that are processing though, right? I mean, there isn't a deal where you can walk into a store with the information that you used to purchase online and they can just transfer/tick off your order?

Would save a lot of hassle with refunds, cancelling and re-ordering through a physical store. Talking of which, I don't think we have a Apple store per se. We have a 'Stormfront' store.

Have you checked other local retail stores?

Toki767

So I received my Casecrown Bold Trifold today. It fit perfectly and the Sleep/Wake function works correctly on the new iPad.

Sleep/wake seems to work on some new iPads and not work on others. It's weird. I like the case though so I'll probably wait to see if they release one that will 100% work with the new iPad.

VPhys

Anyone use the Sena Zipbook cases for ipad.

Groupon has this case for $19, supposedly it retails for $100 but upon further research, the case is $70 on Apples's own website. Upon even more research the same case apears to be 17.89 on Amazon. Of course, Amazon may just be price matching Groupon for the moment. I'm not sure what to make of all this and what the value of this case actually is, or if it's even good.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
I'm getting really annoyed with all the too hot iPad crap. You know what the solution is? Turn the fucking thing around, it's only in one spot that it gets warm.

Anyway I'm having some troubles syncing with iTunes. I have a folder full of photos that sync through iTunes. But with the new ipad they don't sync over wifi or with it connected to the pc. It will copy one or two and then fail, if I delete the iPod photo cache it will sync another one or two and then fail. It also copied some photos that won't open on the iPad, they have a giant white box around them and when opened photo viewer immediately goes to the next photo over. I had this same folder synced to my iPad 2 and never had this problem.

Sleep/wake seems to work on some new iPads and not work on others. It's weird. I like the case though so I'll probably wait to see if they release one that will 100% work with the new iPad.

According to Casecrown, the ones that don't work are very old stock that never would have worked on iPad 2 either.

Vyer

Man, I hope they update the Apple Trailers app soon, because the trailers themselves look fucking fantastic. If only the interface matched.

HD video on this thing is godly.

finally got my thom browne iPad case:

really nice construction and attention to detail. Almost worth the money :p

I'm trying to understand that case, and I just can't. Are you supposed to use the iPad wihle it's in the case? It looks incredibly unwieldy, not to mention that it looks like it takes forever to open, is extremely bulky, and needs a ton of space on all sides during usage. What scenario do you use this in?

I'm trying to understand that case, and I just can't. Are you supposed to use the iPad wihle it's in the case? It looks incredibly unwieldy, not to mention that it looks like it takes forever to open, is extremely bulky, and needs a ton of space on all sides during usage. What scenario do you use this in?

It's not the functionality that matters. It's the pricetag man. :) To be fair, I just dropped 35 on a slipcase for mine with the knowledge I am going to spend another 45 on that smart cover.

Edit: It's his money. If it makes him happy, that's what counts.

kruskev

not bulky at all nor is it very functional. I got it because I like the way it looks.

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
finally got my thom browne iPad case:

IMG_1794.jpg

really nice construction and attention to detail. Almost worth the money :p
That pic doesn't look like good attention to detail at all. The bottom flap around the home button is all buckled and weird. How much was it? :p I can see the ostentatious appeal of it, haha.

renitou

I'm getting really annoyed with all the too hot iPad crap. You know what the solution is? Turn the fucking thing around, it's only in one spot that it gets warm.

"Try not holding it that way," eh? How many times am I going to have to contort my hands around suspect engineering decisions?

kruskev

It's not the functionality that matters. It's the pricetag man. :) To be fair, I just dropped 35 on a slipcase for mine with the knowledge I am going to spend another 45 on that smart cover.

Edit: It's his money. If it makes him happy, that's what counts.

Yeah. I mean I own a lot of his clothes so the aesthetic is at least consistent with my daily attire to work.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
so I managed to switch my engraved 3rd gen iPad (engraving courtesy of the lovely lady) with a higher capacity model with Verizon LTE. was in and out in less than 5 minutes and they even erased the original iPad in front of me.

great customer service, and i'm looking forward to trying the LTE connection on my commute to and from work tomorrow. it's a shame they only had smart cases on stock, though. i need a replacement for my folio since the new ipads are just large enough to make the magnets on my old case inoperable to active/disarm the screen while it's covered.

That pic doesn't look like good attention to detail at all. The bottom flap around the home button is all buckled and weird. How much was it? :p I can see the ostentatious appeal of it, haha.

He paid $550 for it. Somewhere around there.

and I agree it doesn't appear to fit very well. that bottom flap looks...strange. For $550 ($1,000), I expect an Isotoner fit; not a generic, loose fit that could work for any 10" tablet. I expected it to look better than that, but I still love the mini briefcase style.

gkryhewy

Don't be a dick.

julls said:
Yikes. Looks like really cheap construction. Is that brand big in the states or something?

it's $50 for the case and $500 for the pretentious "h" in Tom.

Yikes. Looks like really cheap construction. Is that brand big in the states or something?

No, it's not a big brand and I don't know if their products are sold outside of NY, as far as I'm aware. But their stuff is high-quality.

I'd probably say more "up and coming" than anything.

He paid $550 for it. Somewhere around there.

and I agree it doesn't appear to fit very well. that bottom flap looks...strange. For $550 ($1,000), I expect an Isotoner fit; not a generic, loose fit that could work for any 10" tablet. I expected it to look better than that, but I still love the mini briefcase style.

I... wow. No words.

"Try not holding it that way," eh? How many times am I going to have to contort my hands around suspect engineering decisions?

Just wear oven mitts.

So what if there's a story on Engadget, a mention in the Ars Technical review, MAcrumors or this very thread.

All you folks with the yellow screens and hand warmers should leave us alone and not provide any consumer feedback.

kruskev

No, it's not a big brand and I don't know if their products are sold outside of NY, as far as I'm aware. But their stuff is high-quality.

It's big in Japan and obviously here in NYC. And I don't know how you can tell that it is poor quality just from pictures. If nothing else the stuff that this brand puts out is really high quality.

handmade in Italy calf leather btw :p

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
It's big in Japan and obviously here in NYC. And I don't know how you can tell that it is poor quality just from pictures. If nothing else the stuff that this brand puts out is really high quality.

Ah. I think just from the shots it makes it look cheaper. Still, the fit doesn't LOOK great. :p

I think it looks like very good quality leather, and as I said, I'm a big fan of the mini briefcase style of it.

I just think that...honestly...I don't like the bottom piece at all based on your picture. It just seems oddly lose and floppy. But maybe it doesn't feel that way in person? Or maybe you like it that way. Who cares, anyway. You have a case few have, in a great style. I'm sure that's enough for you.

Is it even real leather? O__o
oh very much so.

Wow, PT Barnum was right.
lol ouch.

Top Bottom