• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

mrklaw

MrArseFace
secondapps is great, I've been using it daily since 2008. Its just not what I want from a fullsized browser. I wouldn't use the secondapps site on my laptop so why would I use it on a screen that displays even more information than that one does? Its a ridiculous notion.

And lets not act like secondapps is 100% equal to the desktop site either. Its a fabulous creation and ckohler is a genius. But quoting and editing and all that stuff is cumbersome in comparison to the full site. The full site is just that, THE FULL SITE. The mobile site is tailored for smaller screens. Which this one is not.

Think my opinion is wrong and bring up misremembered events from the past all you want, but all it does is make you look like a tremendous asshole when I have a perfectly valid complaint.

I just bought a new product to browse the web on and it does something I consider to be very annoying on what is by far my most visited website. How could I be anything other than frustrated?

It's a forum. The mobile site lets you browse and read threads easily. Also it let's you show spoilers which isn't possible in mobile safari, and has things like highlighting posts you've made, which would otherwise need scripts (which mobile safari doesn't support).

While 'proper' browsing is a nice intent, you could argue that on any touchscreen device, the secondapps version *is* the proper and more fully featured version.

I'd agree with you on news sites etc though, where mobile sites are often very basic and cut down.

So, Angry Birds Space is so fucking Awesome. I got bored of Angry Birds a couple years ago, but this adds an awesome new twist and feels like a new game. Reminds me of Mario Galaxy with the gravity mechanics. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned here.

Avixph

So, Angry Birds Space is so fucking Awesome. I got bored of Angry Birds a couple years ago, but this adds an awesome new twist and feels like a new game. Reminds me of Mario Galaxy with the gravity mechanics. Surprised it hasn't been mentioned here.

It's already the iPad game of the week.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Hoolllllyyyy shit. I just got instacast hd and it even synced my time listened. Whaaaaaat.
It just started playing exactly where I left off last night on the phone.

This is awesome.

Phreaker

GoodReader doesn't have a retina icon even after the update?

Apparently not? I only see a bit of aliasing around the curved eye part

iraG4SHpxpBmK.jpg

dang, why is the image so huge inline, but when I go to it as a link it's the correct size? http://i.minus.com/iraG4SHpxpBmK.jpg

Same size here and at the link for me...

Thanks. I think something is messed up on my end, trying to fix.

Edit: Got rid of low res background and replaced Settings with iPhoto :p

LCfiner

the screens app looks great but they messed something up and the “edit” and “settings” icons are still low res.

reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeefuuuuuuund!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Homesharing is still a no go. Updated everything and restarted my network. Any tips?

Magnus

Tempted by a maroo case but missing put on the half price sale puts me off

same here. Are they only available by the website? I'd like to actually handle one before I buy.

Also, it bears repeating: THIS FUCKING SCREEN! It's hard to even look at my MBP screen now, haha.

Magnus

I'm not going to get retina-iPad visuals if I buy the $0.99 version of AB Space that'll work with my phone too, am I?

Bummer. I know it's just an extra buck, but it'd be great to have one version of the app that would sync my progress across both devices. I'd pay the full $4 to have that.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Do you have your apple ID entered under "video" and "music" settings on the ipad? It lets you enter a different one than your default one.

I'll have to check that when I get home. I was entering in so much account info this morning I can't even remember. I think I did, though that sounds like an easy thing to miss. I only hav one apple Id. It's under the music app in the settings panel?

FuturusX

Okay guyz....Off to pick up a IPAD 3 today. I've resisted this long, still rocking the OG.

Tell me 3G or not 3G, that is the question. Tis is nobler to resist the clutches of LTE?

I've been using citrix receiver to connect to my computer remotely for work. Really fucking cool. The only issue is that there is a noticeable delay. I read that this is an issue with the new ipad.

Anyone else using citrix receiver run into these issue?

steadfast

I've been using citrix receiver to connect to my computer remotely for work. Really fucking cool. The only issue is that there is a noticeable delay. I read that this is an issue with the new ipad.

Anyone else using citrix receiver run into these issue?

I've been using Receiver for virtualized apps and it's been great; no issues so far.

bill0527

I finally got to play with a demo unit at best buy around 6 pm last night.

When I picked it up and cradled it in my left hand, the first thing I noticed was just how warm it was. It wasn't hot enough to where it would injure you or cause serious discomfort, but it was warm enough to be noticeable and in the annoying range of comfort.

I didn't think much of it because I figured it had been on all day. Then I picked up the iPad 2 sitting next to it and it wasn't warm in the least bit. I assume that it had also been turned on for most of the day, but I didn't ask.

Blackhead

Redarse
As expected, iTunes Trailers App > trailers on Youtube (both the app and website). Higher bit rate in addition to just being a much better quality encode than the one on Youtube put up by AMC.

Youtube: http://i.imgur.com/LIcle.png

iTunes: http://i.imgur.com/jnzgE.png

? You sure about that? I just watched the Mighty Fine trailer and it didn't look 1080p to me. Also many, if not most, of the banners are still distinctly low res. :/ not really worth watching these on the iPad anyway with that letterboxing.

giga

? You sure about that? I just watched the Mighty Fine trailer and it didn't look 1080p to me. Also many, if not most, of the banners are still distinctly low res. :/ not really worth watching these on the iPad anyway with that letterboxing.
I said they were better encodings, not that they're 1080p.

Vyer

Trailers app (and the trailers) look excellent. Also saw my first of the hi-res comics in the updated Comixology. Man.

MasLegio

Banned
had planned on buying a 32 gb wifi but they only had 16gb of the wifi model in my store (macoteket) so I bought the 64 gb 4G model

now any major reason not to restore from my ipad 1 backup (and lose all my data)?

Got it. 32gb wifi, yay, etc etc.

Now:

is the smart cover universal? As in, are there different covers for the different ipads or can I just buy anyone?

Is there any way to move game saves from the iphone to the pad? Specifically infinity blade 1 & 2 and World of Goo? Superbrothers would be nice but I have no problem whatsoever starting over...

Got it. 32gb wifi, yay, etc etc.

Now:

is the smart cover universal? As in, are there different covers for the different ipads or can I just buy anyone?

Is there any way to move game saves from the iphone to the pad? Specifically infinity blade 1 & 2 and World of Goo? Superbrothers would be nice but I have no problem whatsoever starting over...

smat covers are universal.

AndTAR

Back from the Danish midnight launch. Loving the RAM boost, can really be felt. Big difference.

Also, this screen is actually cooler in temperature than my first-gen iPad's.

pulga

Banned
Guys I'm selling my OG iPad to fund for a the new one. It's a 3G model, but the buyer wants to know if its unlocked and will the local costa rican carrier work with it (never bothered to buy a sim card for it). It was bought in Europe. Do I need to jailbreak it or something such?

Help! Need retina in my life!

MercuryLS

Banned
Guys I'm selling my OG iPad to fund for a the new one. It's a 3G model, but the buyer wants to know if its unlocked and will the local costa rican carrier work with it (never bothered to buy a sim card for it). It was bought in Europe. Do I need to jailbreak it or something such?

Help! Need retina in my life!

iPads are sold completely unlocked. He should be able to stick in a sim and just have it work.

rinse82

Fyi Canada-GAF, Aeroplan Store offering 10x aeroplan miles at Apple.ca

Im going to return my ipad and re-order a new one with this promo, 5000 bonus miles is worth the hassle.

Top Bottom