• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

Somehow my girlfriend found me an orange official Apple branded Smart Cover at Target. Orange is my favorite color, and Apple stopped making them months ago. I'm officially ready for my iPad's arrival tomorrow.

So question on iCloud. I went into iTunes the other night and downloaded a few iPad apps. When I set up my iPad, will it auto install these, or I will I still need to go into the App store and select them.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
My UPS tracking is working properly now. Showing up as in Tamworth at 19:00, got quite a way to travel down to me in Windsor. Hope its not too late tomorrow, need to pop out for a cover

At work but finishing soon, im only a 5 minute walk to my local apple store. So. Tempted. Lol

I want to hear plenty of feedback, gaf! And performance tests!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hey, are the red leather smart covers only sold in apple stores? Tried a few local retailers today and they only had 9 colours - everything except red.

O god, Walmart is doing a midnight release? Shit... Welp I have a 16 gb coming in tomorrow that I plan to return and a 32gb that I wanted to keep coming next Friday. Should I go to Walmart tonight and return the other 32gb as well?

no_to_co

Hey, are the red leather smart covers only sold in apple stores? Tried a few local retailers today and they only had 9 colours - everything except red.

Don't get it! The edges will turn black within days of using it. Go with the black cover. And yes, all product red stuff is only sold in Apple stores.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν

Red is Apple Store exclusive, yeah.

giga

Interesting that the A5X no longer stacks the memory as a package on package chip like the A4 and A5 did.

They're now two separate 512 MB modules:

p6sha.png

Removable heatsink and the bigass die.

volFE.png

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Don't get it! The edges will turn black within days of using it. Go with the black cover. And yes, all product red stuff is only sold in Apple stores.
But its beautiful. Its not that bad is it?

Heads up uk gaf - possibility that JL will sell online at midnight for pickup instore tomorrow.

Alright, one last push to help me decide on smart cover.

Navy or Red.

Heading to the Apple store in downtown SF after work today to get it.

So far, I have 3 votes for red and none for navy (though blue is my favorite color).

RubxQub

It's crazy to consider finding a 24-hour Wal-Mart and camping it tonight and buying an iPad with the intent to just return the one that eventually gets delivered to me tomorrow right?

...that's stupid, right?

...right?

Jijidasu

Navy or Red.

So far, I have 3 votes for red and none for navy (though blue is my favorite color).

I have the white iPad and the leather navy smart cover. It looks fantastic! Red might work on a black iPad, I'd imagine more so than the navy.

captive

Joe Six-Pack: posting for the common man
our realtor had the red smart cover, that thing was nasty, red in some spots black in others.

Alex

Navy or Red.

I dont like red! So I vote for the non-red option.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
It's crazy to consider finding a 24-hour Wal-Mart and camping it tonight and buying an iPad with the intent to just return the one that eventually gets delivered to me tomorrow right?

...that's stupid, right?

...right?

Yeah stay at home.

RubxQub

LJ11

Do we have an App thread?

Looking for a recommendations on a download manager, something to handle rar and other files.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Stolen from this thread:-

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=125540

CONFIRMED RETINA READY GAMES

Sky Gamblers Air Supremacy
Galaxy on Fire 2 HD
Real Racing 2 HD
Flight Control Rocket
Joining Hands
Woodroid HD+
Letris Power
Monsters Ate My Condo

Games with Retina updates coming

Save the Pencil HD
Dave vs Cave
Ironworm
Swingworm
Azkend 2 HD
Belowscape 2.0
Carcassonne
Starbase Orion
Crazy Hedgy
Match Panic
Silverfish MAX

RubxQub

24-Hour WalMart only 5 miles away from the house...already working from home tomorrow...get to be one of the first GAFers to get an iPad and wave my e-Penis wildly in the air...

So...tempting...

RubxQub

Your princess is in another castle

You can use 3rd party browsers to download files off the internet and the app Filer lets you unpack zips and rar files in which you can then play in 3rd party video players like AVPlayerHD and whatnot.

Totally possible.

Top Bottom