• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

The new iPad bleeds color initially

though not as bad as iPad 2

iPad 3
npIPE.jpg

iPad 2
LHu4A.png

Wow big improvement.

Already called the 24-hour Walmart near me and she confirmed they're selling them. No line at this point so it seems like an easy snag with minimal to no wait if you don't have a highly active store near you.

Pretty sure I'm going to show up at 10 and see what happens. If there's no one there I'll just wait and get one. If there's a crazy line, I'll just wait until tomorrow. No harm no foul.

PM me when you get there

Already called the 24-hour Walmart near me and she confirmed they're selling them. No line at this point so it seems like an easy snag with minimal to no wait if you don't have a highly active store near you.

Pretty sure I'm going to show up at 10 and see what happens. If there's no one there I'll just wait and get one. If there's a crazy line, I'll just wait until tomorrow. No harm no foul.

My 2 24hr Walmarts told me that they each have 10, split between 16gb/32gb and wifi/4g. Didn't know the color so if it's an even split, thats 1 of each color/type guaranteed, with 2 that are probably the 16gb wifi ones. The employee that I spoke with at 1 store told me 5 other ppl have called asking since 4pm. Guess I'm gonna wait

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
PM me when you get there

I'm going to the one in Willow Grove, PA. Not that same one :(

My 2 24hr Walmarts told me that they each have 10, split between 16gb/32gb and wifi/4g. Didn't know the color so if it's an even split, thats 1 of each color/type guaranteed, with 2 that are probably the 16gb wifi ones. The employee that I spoke with at 1 store told me 5 other ppl have called asking since 4pm. Guess I'm gonna wait
I'm shocked they gave you stock information at all!

kaskade

Any good sites that'll have nice hi res wallpapers. It seems like there aren't maybe 4:3 at that high of a resolution. I really can't wait to see the screen. I WANT GLOWING PAPER.

Milpool

Heads up uk gaf - possibility that JL will sell online at midnight for pickup instore tomorrow.

I just randomly refreshed and all the versions appeared on the left hand side, but they're all out of stock. Did I miss it or are they just preparing?

I'm going to the one in Willow Grove, PA. Not that same one :(

I'm shocked they gave you stock information at all!

Me too, one guy at the first store sounded youngish and just started his shift, the other sounded like he was sick of answering the same questions. They both knew the answers by heart lol

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm betting some of those iPads at walmart will be gone before 12. Employees buying to resell.

20 Apps ready for Retina display tommorow

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-5...or-the-new-ipad/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

• Amazon Kindle (18.3 mb)
• Barefoot World Atlas 1.56gb
• Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy 360mb
• Tweetbot for iPad 25mb
• Flight Control Rocket 31mb
• Solar Walk 303mb
• NYTimes for iPad 4.9mb
• SketchBook Pro for iPad 35mb
• StockTouch 3.8mb
• Martha Stewart Cookies 705mb
• Evernote 19mb
• Day One 16mb
• Incredibooth 38mb
• Joining Hands 26.4mb
• Star Walk for iPad 153mb
• Diamond Dash 23.4mb
• iStopMotion for iPad 32.2mb
• Labyrinth 2 HD 45.3mb
• Calcbot 21.3 mb
• Foosball HD 25.2 mb

Appleman

My iPad 2 bled pretty bad at max brightness in a black room, but I never really noticed it in use so I didn't bother to return it

RubxQub

Wait, you live there? I live in East Norriton.

Beer sometime?

Totally, dude. Live just outside Philly :p

20 Apps ready for Retina display tommorow

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27076_3-5...or-the-new-ipad/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

• Amazon Kindle (18.3 mb)
• Barefoot World Atlas 1.56gb
• Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy 360mb
• Tweetbot for iPad 25mb
• Flight Control Rocket 31mb
• Solar Walk 303mb
• NYTimes for iPad 4.9mb
• SketchBook Pro for iPad 35mb
• StockTouch 3.8mb
• Martha Stewart Cookies 705mb
• Evernote 19mb
• Day One 16mb
• Incredibooth 38mb
• Joining Hands 26.4mb
• Star Walk for iPad 153mb
• Diamond Dash 23.4mb
• iStopMotion for iPad 32.2mb
• Labyrinth 2 HD 45.3mb
• Calcbot 21.3 mb
• Foosball HD 25.2 mb
Oh my god those pictures will be glorious...

Dynamite Shikoku

Congratulations, you really deserve it!
I wanna know two things:

How well do graphically heavy games run with new retina updates

How shit do ipad 2 res games look on the new screen

Zeth

Wait, you live there? I live in East Norriton.

Beer sometime?

Conshohocken, hi PA gaf

I had TERRIBLE light bleed on my launch iPad 2. I put it off for a while and then didn't have the balls to try and get a replacement in the month leading up to the new one.

SeanR1221

Conshohocken, hi PA gaf

I had TERRIBLE light bleed on my launch iPad 2. I put it off for a while and then didn't have the balls to try and get a replacement in the month leading up to the new one.

Whoa. We've probably passed by at the King of Prussia Apple store.

elfinke

Man I'm having a world of trouble joining wifi, aside from my iPhone hotspot feature.

Stupid work, probably stopped assigning new IP's to new devices to stop me from procrastinating all day.

RubxQub

there's alot of penn. gaf why don't we have a meetup at the king of Prussia mall lol

I want to get everyone together for a "The Dark Knight Returns" IMAX camp/watch group from GAF at the KOP. Would be awesome :p

Zeth

Whoa. We've probably passed by at the King of Prussia Apple store.

Absolutely. I was there for iPad wifi/3G, and iPad 2, and some iPhones. Delivery this time :\ was a tough decision. Met quite a few nice folks near the front of the lines.

Ok so apparently the Infinity Blade 2 update is out, this is nuts. Weren't we all saying no 3D games will run at retina resolution? Yeah, we were definitely saying that.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
6th in the queue at Sheffield Meadowhall. They have the black curtain up and are playing Rainbow really loud inside. Getting pumped up!

c74e2ab5.jpg

Don't make me laugh. That makes too much sense.
Well.... I swear something was different involving the installation of apps. Maybe re-downloading apps from the cloud? When I reset my iPad, I went to the App Store and looked at my app history, that you can sort as 'all' or 'not in this iPad'. When you used to install something from there, it would go back to the home screen each time, but I'm pretty sure the last time I did it, I was able to set loads of them going, without the list resetting itself after each one...

Enco

Well.... I swear something was different involving the installation of apps. Maybe re-downloading apps from the cloud? When I reset my iPad, I went to the App Store and looked at my app history, that you can sort as 'all' or 'not in this iPad'. When you used to install something from there, it would go back to the home screen each time, but I'm pretty sure the last time I did it, I was able to set loads of them going, without the list resetting itself after each one...
Ah right I was talking about downloading apps normally. Really wish it didn't kick you out then.

Would make app shopping so much easier.

Zeth

6th in the queue at Sheffield Meadowhall. They have the black curtain up and are playing Rainbow really loud inside. Getting pumped up!

How long until release? In hours/minutes I mean.

My new iPad went from Middletown, PA -> Harrisburg, PA -> Newwark, NJ -> Middletown, PA. Seems a little inefficient.

Mine made the same loop but ended at a different sort facility. I'm guessing you live closer to Middletown than Philadelphia

How long until release? In hours/minutes I mean.

Mine made the same loop but ended at a different sort facility. I'm guessing you live closer to Middletown than Philadelphia

Yeah, I live in Williamsport, PA but it's being delivered to my job in Lewisburg, PA.

Top Bottom