• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

kehs

Banned
791MB it seems.

Another comparison of Ipad 3 vs paper. Pardon the shitty phone camera.
20120316_095613riaot.jpg

Why is the screen so reddish? I'd return that.

Zeth

Well.... I swear something was different involving the installation of apps. Maybe re-downloading apps from the cloud? When I reset my iPad, I went to the App Store and looked at my app history, that you can sort as 'all' or 'not in this iPad'. When you used to install something from there, it would go back to the home screen each time, but I'm pretty sure the last time I did it, I was able to set loads of them going, without the list resetting itself after each one...

When I was downloading previously purchased apps a few weeks ago I noticed it wasn't kicking me back out. I hope that's implemented for the regular store. The StayOpen tweak is a godsend on my jailbroken iPhone.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I never really had a problem with the resolution of the text on iPad, it was more the LCD brightness. It was already higher red than kindle

So I'm not sure iPad 3 will change my mind but I'll certainly give it a try

Zeth

I want to get everyone together for a "The Dark Knight Returns" IMAX camp/watch group from GAF at the KOP. Would be awesome :p

We should actually do this. There are a handful of us within 20 minutes. Community thread maybe.

Back on topic: What happened to "3D games will not run at full res on new iPad"? Unless they just added higher res UI assets, I think Epic/Chair just ended that discussion.

madmook

None of the reviews I've seen have mentioned maximum and minimum brightness levels. Anybody know how they compare to 1st/2nd gen?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
We should actually do this. There are a handful of us within 20 minutes. Community thread maybe.

Back on topic: What happened to "3D games will not run at full res on new iPad"? Unless they just added higher res UI assets, I think Epic/Chair just ended that discussion.

Of course games will run, it was more a question if how well they'll run.

if they can get iPad 2 optimised games running on retina with no compromises then great

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Are they letting you in the shopping centre or are you outside?

In the centre (see pic above). We're right outside the store. There's some barriers and me and Ms Sandwich are sat behind them. I felt daft bringing camping chairs this time, but goodness it's much more comfortable than shopping centre tiles.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
mine just arrived.

the screen is godly. good lord.

Zeth

Norristown represent!!!! I'm going to delaware cause I work at the airport tax free baby

My mind is blown. There are at least 5 people within a few minutes driving distance in the last few pages. Conshohocken here. I've been rather close to the front of the line at KOP for the last few big launches.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
45 minutes for the iCloud restore and I'll have lift off.

DJ88

NOMNOMNOM

Oh look at that! Mine is in Ft. Lauderdale. So close...so far...

Mines beating you, its in Miami right now!

After seeing app sizes of most apps, I'm starting to wonder if I really should go get the 32GB from Walmart tonight, or just keep the 16GB that's in the mail right now.

Weenerz

Banned
Going to take a chance at my local Wal-Mart for a 32gb of either color. If not, I'll chance it at the Apple Store tomorrow =/

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Somebody load up early edition 2 on their new ipad. I needs to see it.

I love that rss reader its amazing.

wonzo

Banned
Mine just arrived. Syncing it now and oh my god the screen is incredible. Now I need to get some new high res backgrounds.

Top Bottom