• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

Chris R

Thumbnails are no good! Link the full res shots!

edit: and where did you get 30 rock scripts from? I'd love to read those :<

kinggroin

Banned
791MB it seems.

Another comparison of Ipad 3 vs paper. Pardon the shitty phone camera.
20120316_095613riaot.jpg

Oh man! Which is which? Which is which?!?

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm most interested in seeing how the battery life holds up

My iPad just landed in Seattle! So close...

Seattle iPad owners represent. It's fucking cold outside though.

ABC TV app just updated with Retina support, btw.

The e-book pics look nice, but nothing will replace my cheap-o 79 dollar Kindle. It's light, it fits in my pocket, and it can be read anywhere that there's a little bit of light or a lot of light. But when I have my iPad with me (on planes), it's going to get used a lot. Read, watch a movie, read some more, kill some pigs, read, etc etc.

kaskade

I remember quiet a few people bashing the 4S. I think it also had to do with the fact that a lot of people were hoping for the iPhone 5 so the 4S was just more of the same.

elfinke

Supposedly the new iPad doesn't kick you back to the home screen every time you install an app. Can anyone confirm?

Can confirm while browsing my 'purchased' list and selecting apps to download it did not kick me to anywhere (the button merely changed), though I think that has been the case on my phone too, not sure.

Well.... I swear something was different involving the installation of apps. Maybe re-downloading apps from the cloud? When I reset my iPad, I went to the App Store and looked at my app history, that you can sort as 'all' or 'not in this iPad'. When you used to install something from there, it would go back to the home screen each time, but I'm pretty sure the last time I did it, I was able to set loads of them going, without the list resetting itself after each one...

In iOS 5.1 what I noticed was they actually installed in order, top to bottom left to right from the first screen to the last, which makes a hell of a lot of sense.

I remember quiet a few people bashing the 4S. I think it also had to do with the fact that a lot of people were hoping for the iPhone 5 so the 4S was just more of the same.

bashing the 4s is one thing, but to say "plenty" (whatever the hell that means) of people said it would bomb sales wise is something even Apple zealots would be embarrassed to say

Blackhead

Redarse
Can confirm while browsing my 'purchased' list and selecting apps to download it did not kick me to anywhere (the button merely changed), though I think that has been the case on my phone too, not sure.

Do you get any notification when the app has finished installing? Does it automatically scroll to the app when you eventually exit to the home screen?

kaskade

except this is a bigger upgrade from iPad 2 than 4s was to 4

Most definitely. No one should be saying that this isn't a significant upgrade. Everything about it is better. The only legitimate complaint could be the front facing camera. Other than that it's not like they could really do a crazy redesign. It's basically a screen.

Milpool

Managed to order one from John Lewis, paid for Saturday delivery. We'll see what happens, I've had them cancel orders before.

Most definitely. No one should be saying that this isn't a significant upgrade. Everything about it is better. The only legitimate complaint could be the front facing camera. Other than that it's not like they could really do a crazy redesign. It's basically a screen.

the only complaint I have is that I wish the CPU was also quad core to go along with the quad core GPU

MontTrain

Banned
My wife just picked one up for me as a early bday present.

She went to the store 5 mins from our place when they opened and was 1st in line.

32gb wifi black - AusGAF

Giving my iPad 2 to my parents

elfinke

Do you get any notification when the app has finished installing? Does it automatically scroll to the app when you eventually exit to the home screen?

Hitting the home screen button did just that, home screen, rather than the 2nd page where they were downloading to.

I just tested then by re-downloading i3D. The button changes from cloud to a greyed out installing, but no other evidence of it downloading (no movement in the wifi corner). Home screen buttoning out takes me to the homescreen. And lo and behold, the app had finished downloading/installing, no notification at all.

mandiller

I just picked one up this morning with a navy blue smart cover. I'm upgrading from the original iPad so it's certainly a nice improvement. The screen looks great as expected.

fT0uV.jpg

YEGHr.jpg

Gsce2.jpg

Not sure I like how much warmer the new iPad is compared to the old OG and iPad 2. Referring to the color temp, not the device itself. One of my least favorite parts of going from a DS Lite to a DSi was how warm the DSi screens were. I prefer cooler temps and whiter whites.

Not sure I like how much warmer the new iPad is compared to the old OG and iPad 2. Referring to the color temp, not the device itself. One of my least favorite parts of going from a DS Lite to a DSi was how warm the DSi screens were. I prefer cooler temps and whiter whites.
I felt the same way when I got my 4S and put it next to my 4. Now I don't even think about it, it's just what is normal to me now.

Salmonax

So how many of you deviants are actually taking the day off tomorrow to wait for your iPad to arrive?

I did that for the 4S, but it ended up arriving at 8:30PM. So I was chained to my house all day and it ended up feeling like a huge waste of time.

At work there are friendly people who will sign for it if I want to have a three martini lunch.

madmook

At first glance it appears to be a warmer color temperature, but it's probably that extra saturation that Apple was referring to.

Top Bottom