• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The new iPad |OT|

pubba

Ausgaf: I got a 16GB wifi model this morning. There were about 9 people in line. They gave out $30 iTunes cards and the 16gb Wifi model is only $498 (10% discount)

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't anyone thought the 4s would bomb sales wise, Apple could box up a pile of shit and it would sell at least a million units. That's how powerful the Apple brand is

What? are you serious. I even know a lot of apple diehards who said it was going to flop.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It needs to be reiterated: the text. On this thing. Is amazing. Posting from it now.

LCfiner

Is there any way for me to get my iMAME from my un-jailbroken phone to the new iPad?

yeah, on the new ipad, go to the store, select purchases, then type in iMAME. store remembers all old apps and keeps them for download even if they’ve been removed from the store.

alternate method:

transfer imame to iTunes, connect new ipad to iTunes, sync apps and make sure imame is selected.

ITT: The usual suspects pretend that no one ever said the 4S was a disappointment, that Apple dropped the ball, and that it wouldn't sell as well.

Zeth

The site those thumbnails were uploaded to gave me a faux pop-up, which when clicking the X downloaded an xvidsetup.exe I knew I was missing some plugins.

epmode

yeah, on the new ipad, go to the store, select purchases, then type in iMAME. store remembers all old apps and keeps them for download even if they’ve been removed from the store.

alternate method:

transfer imamae to iTunes, connect new ipad to iTunes, sync apps and make sure imame is selected.
Thanks!

elfinke

Ausgaf: I got a 16GB wifi model this morning. There were about 9 people in line. They gave out $30 iTunes cards and the 16gb Wifi model is only $498 (10% discount)

Oh nice! I got nothing, except for iPads. $498 and vouchers was awesome deal, who was doing that?

Are you really in here saying that a lot of people did not think the 4s was going to flop?

Are you being serious right now?

You gotta be joking.

I don't believe you.

[insert comment here]

I'm dead serious that the follow up phone to the lubriciously successful iPhone 4 was not viewed by a lot of people as something that would flop

I hope you're joking

Ollie Pooch

In a perfect world, we'd all be homersexual
Anyone try out the gaf webapp yet?

Posting from it now. This screen is unbelievable! I just picked two up from David jones in carindale, Brisbane. Didn't see anyone else waiting or lining up - it did look like the only way to get one was by having your name down first though, so no doubt they've exhausted their allocated stock.

MThanded

I'm dead serious that the follow up phone to the lubriciously successful iPhone 4 was not viewed by a lot of people as something that would flop

I hope you're joking

None of my info on people saying it was going to fail came from gaf. I was actually banned during the 4s launch.

So many people i know in real life including people who own a family of apple devices claimed the 4s would fail.

On top of that many tech sites claimed it was going to flop too.

Sales flop not tech flop.

Question, is using the mobile app ckohler designed better to use on an iPad than just going to NeoGAF?

Uh I prefer his app almost to the current website design. Nothing wrong with the main one, but the mobile one just jives with me better. Are you using the mockup?

Edit: good that reeder is updated. Will be one of the first apps I pay for on the iPad. Been using it for over a year on my iPhone.

I hope you're joking
Go check out the macrumors forums from the time the 4S was announced. Some of the predictions from the sales experts there have become legendary.

None of my info on people saying it was going to fail came from gaf. I was actually banned during the 4s launch.

So many people i know in real life including people who own a family of apple devices claimed the 4s would fail.

On top of that many tech sites claimed it was going to flop too.

Sales flop not tech flop.

I'm glad the people you know personally are an accurate representation of the general public, you could save these polling organizations millions of dollars

can we please stay on topic?

MThanded

I'm glad the people you know personally are an accurate representation of the general public, you could save these polling organizations millions of dollars

can we please stay on topic?

So no one else here heard people doubting the 4s?

I'll drop it. I assume i'm getting trolled.

Go check out the macrumors forums from the time the 4S was announced. Some of the predictions from the sales experts there have become legendary.
We must be getting trolled.

jambo

20120316_08451344lv4.jpg

It's here! go go aussie gaf.

I'll be getting one soon too, maybe even today!

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

NekoFever

The 4S announcement was hilarious because so many people thought Apple had lost it, somehow forgetting that it was exactly what Apple had done in going from the 3G to 3GS. I fully expect an iPhone 6 this year followed by doomsaying when they unveil the 6S in 2013 as people demonstrate their goldfish-like memories.

Uh I prefer his app almost to the current website design. Nothing wrong with the main one, but the mobile one just jives with me better. Are you using the mockup?

Edit: good that reeder is updated. Will be one of the first apps I pay for on the iPad. Been using it for over a year on my iPhone.

I was just curious because I've never used an iPad to browse GAF, or the web at all, so I wasn't sure if webapps were more intended for phone use or general mobile device use.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Just called the Walmart again, still no line of people.

This is going to be like stealing candy from a baby...only the candy is an iPad...and the baby charged me $599 for the candy.

Going to be sweet!

MThanded

The 4S announcement was hilarious because so many people thought Apple had lost it, somehow forgetting that it was exactly what Apple had done in going from the 3G to 3GS. I fully expect an iPhone 6 this year followed by doomsaying when they unveil the 6S in 2013 as people demonstrate their goldfish-like memories.
Yeah there is a method to their madness.

Circle T

Is Reeder for iPad as great as Reeder for iPhone?

Worth the $5 is basically what Im asking

I've never used the iPhone version, but it is a must-have for me on iPad and Mac. I live in Google Reader, and it is damn near perfect, imo. If you're a big GReader user, the cost is well worth it.

elfinke

Hitting the home screen button did just that, home screen, rather than the 2nd page where they were downloading to.

I just tested then by re-downloading i3D. The button changes from cloud to a greyed out installing, but no other evidence of it downloading (no movement in the wifi corner). Home screen buttoning out takes me to the homescreen. And lo and behold, the app had finished downloading/installing, no notification at all.

Further to this, purchasing a new app quit me from the appstore straight to the installing app.

AndTAR

Is Reeder for iPad as great as Reeder for iPhone?

Worth the $5 is basically what Im asking
I use it quite a lot, simply because everything feels so balanced; UI works well, gestures can be used in all the right places, and the app simply looks great on that screen. Would call it a Kindle-like RSS experience, but with gestures and smooth animations. Worth every penny to me.

Top Bottom