• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Rorschach

MWS Natural said:
I am taking the Panthers once my ps3 madden comes in sometime next week. If anyone has both games we can play it on 360 in the meantime :D
Remember to read the rules!

I assigned you the Panthers.

Ramirez

MWS Natural said:
I am taking the Panthers once my ps3 madden comes in sometime next week. If anyone has both games we can play it on 360 in the meantime :D

I'm your week 5, but I'll have to wait on the PS3 to arrive. :(

LJ11

Fifty said:
Traitors!

LJ..Much as I want my traitorous friend Luke to win..I'll be pulling for the Toronto Bills. Go team!

You're a jinx dude, Mr. Smith played a relatively flawless game.

Question, where do you guys stand on lining up a LB/Safety in the gap (between a DT/DE) to manually stop the run. I don't do this, nor do I intend on doing it in the future, would just like clarification on whether it's ok or not.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
You're a jinx dude, Mr. Smith played a relatively flawless game.

Question, where do you guys stand on lining up a LB/Safety in the gap (between a DT/DE) to manually stop the run. I don't do this, nor do I intend on doing it in the future, would just like clarification on whether it's ok or not.
If you mean the player that the person will be controlling, I think it's ok as far as I know. If you mean moving multiple defenders up, that's not ok.

No manually moving multiple secondary/linebackers near the line of scrimmage. In other words, you know it's going to be a run, so you pick your SS and move him up to the line. Then you pick the FS and do the same. Then you pick the linebackers and do the same.

Kind of on the subject, have you guys noticed that sometimes your defenders will line up in the most retarded positions ever? Not only that, but sometimes, they'll line up right, and then move to completely useless spots. Annoys the hell out of me.

LJ11

Rorschach said:
If you mean the player that the person will be controlling, I think it's ok as far as I know. If you mean moving multiple defenders up, that's not ok.

I meant the former, cool just wanted to know for sure.

LiveWire

Hey bluemax sorry for not getting a game in yesterday, my roommate was watching that Yankees crap until midnight. Are you free tonight before/after the Chargers/Jets game to play?

DMczaf

1. Roster Update #4 is Up

2. Patch #2 Update:

Morning everyone,

After a bit of a misfire on Friday, we're going to get the patch discussions going again today (Monday, 9/22). I've read several different types of chatter in the last 24 hours so I wanted to get some answers out there.

Q: If the patch is done, why couldn't it be released over the weekend?
A: Sony and MS have regular patch release windows that they use. Weekend days aren't a part of this window. Our patch was 'approved' very late Friday and missed the opportunity to make Friday night's window.

Q: Is the patch out in Europe?
A: Not sure, I'm making some calls to find out if this is the case. It's certainly possible. The patch was 100% approved on Friday so various parts of Sony might have seen this and released it.

Q: So when is the patch coming?
A: We're hoping late tonight. Expect it very late tonight. As soon as I have a time confirmed from Sony & MS, I'll post it here.

I'll update this thread in 4 to 5 hours once my friends on the west coash have had a chance to catch up.

Phil

Fifty

Hopefully once the patch comes out, someone can remind me what exactly it's supposed to be fixing. I'd assume the camera problems and the end-game freezing, right? It's been talked about for so long I've forgotten what it's trying to accomplish.

DMczaf

Fifty said:
Hopefully once the patch comes out, someone can remind me what exactly it's supposed to be fixing. I'd assume the camera problems and the end-game freezing, right? It's been talked about for so long I've forgotten what it's trying to accomplish.

http://www.pastapadre.com/3186/full-details-on-patch-2-for-madden-09

1. Kicking play disconnect: If two opponents play a game with two different camera angles, in any situation where a game winning or tying kick was to be made, a disconnect could occur. “ActionCam” forces the game to go into slow-motion to add drama to these late kicks, but unfortunately the Classic camera does not, thus forcing the “disconnect”. This has been fixed…all cameras can still be used as well.

2. Stability issues in the play call / halftime highlights / postgame highlights screens (especially in Franchise mode after training games): This was a hard one to track down as not everyone was seeing it , we did find the issue however with some Instant Replay / cache corruption, and have a fix ready for patch 2.

3. Stability issues with Madden IQ end of game popup: This has been fixed.

4. “WR direct snap” exploit: Cheesers found an exploit to direct snap to a WR for easy short yardage gain. Not only are we fixing this play (i.e. we aren’t removing it), we are also going to be re-setting records for anyone with a winning record that has been found to be using this play.

5. Franchise Progression / Regression (or lack thereof): The lack of higher numbers was a tuning value that I think everyone agreed was just too low. This has been juiced up so you should see more realistic progression now.

6. Edited players don’t progress: Players were not progressing after their jersey number (or pretty much any other attribute). This has been fixed.

7. Stability issue when exiting Madden ‘93 in CE version: This has been fixed.

8. Deep ball glitch: Some enterprising gamers found a way to throw a deep ball while crossing the LOS and hit a receiver wide open at a decent rate. We addressed this by making sure the DB will no longer break on the ball when the QB crosses the line while throwing.

9. CPU running out of bounds: This bug appears when the CPU tries to switch hands while running to the sidelines. This is fixed for patch 2.

10. Penalty sliders ineffective: A common complaint from the hardcore community was the lack of effect from the penalty sliders. We increased these substantially for patch 2.

11. Field degradation: Another common complaint was the lack of field degradation. Our effect was very subtle, which was also getting overshadowed by our lighting and post effects, so we increased this effect for the patch.

12. Stability issue with the Eagles and a full ring meter: We found and fixed a rare issue where the gamer could run into stability issues while using the Eagles in mini-game with a ring meter that was completely full.

13. Play call screen hitch: We found and fixed a bug that was causing a noticeable hitch when exiting the play call screen

14. Prevent Defense issue: We found and fixed an issue where defenders sharing a deep zone/prevent assignment would loosen their coverage (because they thought the other guy was covering for them), which allowed the receiver to get behind them even though they were in Prevent.

15. Brett Favre stats: With the late addition of Brett Favre, we were not able to get his Career and Season statistics into the game for the roster update. This has now been added for patch 2.

16. Defensive Preplay Mis-cue: We found and fixed an issue where defenders would leave their man wide open in a Cover 3.

17. CPU quick-snap: A very common complaint on the forums was the speed at which the CPU snapped the ball. We added a random length of time (no less than 5 seconds) for the CPU to wait and even make pre-play adjustments.

18. Online playbook switch: We found and fixed an issue where playbooks were re-setting to the defaults after the playbook select popup was closed.

Rorschach

The Frankman said:
just did a practice game and encountered the replay glitch on a challenge. I'll remember to skip it next time.
If you play your game before the patch, then you have to switch your camera to "classic camera".

Welp, the patch it out now...in Europe. :|
\o/

Weekend days aren't a part of this window.
I TOLD YOU! Business days only!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bluemax,I'll be free starting tomorrow night if you want to play our week 5 game after you get your week 4 done.

knee

Anyone have any contact info for 'dskillzhtown'? All I have is a PSN name for him/her. I sent a message and I haven't gotten a reply. I need to setup our game.

Too bad there isn't a Ronnie Brown as QB formation. -_-

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
edit- im so blind

Just posted what FMT said.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Rorschach said:
I hear it's gonna be a long while. Should we start maybe thinking about temporary fill-ins (with their approval)?

If someone can play my games for me, I would appreciate it. I don't want to hold this up any longer. I heard possibly Saturday may be the earliest I get power again at home. No one really knows. 2 freaking weeks!

Rorschach

DMczaf said:
No he didn't! Stop trying to use super offenses!
molina118: (do it)
molina118: do it for ike
hawakubo: poor guy has 2 weeks in a row with people that can't play
molina118: lol
molina118: go for it

And I suck anyway..haven't played in forevers..let alone with that team. Ram doesn't want to play, anyway. Was just throwing him a bone!

i would play the cards games but i dont think it would be fair since they are in my division. not that i would throw the game (i want some competition!), but i dont want that to be the thought if i lose!

wait nm, cards are in the nfc east! bonus!

LiveWire

CB and I just played Week 5. I got jobbed so hard. :(

I open up the game with a nice 5 play-drive, a few runs with CP, and a seam go route with Cooley for 48 yards and a TD.

CB answers back with a long kickoff return by DeSean Jackson. Starting around my 45 or so, he runs a few plays for little yardage, and then on 3rd down tries to pass to the flat to Westbrook. I highlighted him much of the game, and early on here I was rewarded with a Carlos Rogers pick for 42 yds (tackled by McNabb...which would become a trend).

I get sacked on third down which puts me at a 51-yd FG attempt, which of course ends up a tad short and wide left. Fucking Suisham.

He gets the ball back and starts driving, eating up the rest of the 1st and the first few minutes of the 2nd, scoring on a 3-yd Westbrook run.

Then the Redskins defense kicks it up a notch. After a Campbell INT, the Eagles drive back to the Skins redzone, when--disaster strikes!:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/759435

I still can't get anything going (apparently Samuel and Sheppard are on God Mode) and am forced to punt. He gets the ball back and drives, getting to the 2 minute warning around my 30 yd line, and then methodically eating up the clock. He gets to the 2 with a DeSean Jackson pass, with under 40 seconds left. I haven't called any timeouts yet, so he finally calls his first. Then gets stuffed twice (losing a few yards on 2nd down) with Westbrook. On 3rd down, 11 seconds left:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/759348

I get the ball back and kneel it to go to the half 7-7. At this point I have under 30 yards rushing and 50 passing, so I'm very happy to go in tied.

He gets the ball to start the 2nd half, and I stop him early and force his only punt of the game.

I start driving again, but a sack sets me back and I punt. On the ensuing drive:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/759409

Yet again I get a short field, but I can't find anyone open and end up throwing another INT.

He gets the ball back and drives and I hold him to a FG. 10-7, early in the 4th. I try to drive, get to midfield, then take a coverage sack and gamble on 4th down and 21 at my 40 with under 3 to go. Sacked again, turnover on downs.

With great field position to close out the game, CB start his drive. On 2nd down:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/759287

FUMBLE! Yes, I'm going to win!

*we've secretly switched Donovan McNabb with Usain Bolt, let's see if Shawn Springs notices!*

FUUUUUUCK! Fine. I'll just keep conservative, run the b--fuck, stuffed. Ok maybe a short pas---sacked. Fuck it, everyone just get open! Throw to Moss, wide open on the crossing route in the endzone! .....juuust deflected. 4th down.

OK Suisham. It's a chipshot, only 40 yards. We'll take this to OT and try to win it.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/759050

Gun%2Bto%2BHead.jpg

LiveWire

Rorschach said:
What happened around the 40? Did you let the speed burst go? He slowed down considerably. It's like if he got gassed or something.

Tough break.

Nope, held it all the way. I made a slight movement to the left just when I felt he would try to dive with McNabb.

LiveWire

gg bluemax. Skins defense is a turnover machine lately. Campbell is making defenses better with his picks but I managed to keep it to just one this game.

My submission for week 4 NFC Defensive Player of the Week:

Rocky McIntosh (5 TKL, 2 TFL, 1 SACK, 1 FF, 1 FR 1 PDEF)

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/766167

LaRon Landry had two picks for 66yds and a TD but that second INT-TD was garbage time.

And guess who missed two field goals again? That's right, it's your favorite shitty kicker, Shaun Suisham!

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/766264

Top Bottom