• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Game just ended with LJ11 and I. Y'know, there 's something to be said for recognizing your personnel... I just realized, "Hey, I'm not the Giants with a killer front four, but I have Randy Moss." Too bad it took me like 2.5 quarters to realize it. :C

LJ11

The Frankman said:
Game just ended with LJ11 and I. Y'know, there 's something to be said for recognizing your personnel... I just realized, "Hey, I'm not the Giants with a killer front four, but I have Randy Moss." Too bad it took me like 2.5 quarters to realize it. :C

Fair catch next time Frank, I felt bad doing it but you would do it to me so it is what it is. Play was probably the difference. Good game.

LJ11 said:
Fair catch next time Frank, I felt bad doing it but you would do it to me so it is what it is. Play was probably the difference. Good game.
I was trying to see if I could fake and move at the last second and let it bounce, then I vapor-locked and forgot to fair catch.

Where I lost the game is when I coffin-corner you at the 1 and boom-bam-boom, I'm down 2 touchdowns. The first play annoyed me because I played a run blitz and you ran the opposite side. I had flipped the play and I think if I didn't flip it you would've ran into it. But yeah it was a good game.

EDIT: LJ11 my team stats stats are wrong. I had 354 yards, 279 passing and 75 rushing.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
LiveWire said:
I'm around all day today and most of the evening to play. Lemme know.
Have you noticed an improvement in connection stability since the patch came out? We should play a scrimmage tonight to test the patch. Wellington, Luke as well.

LiveWire

DenogginizerOS said:
Have you noticed an improvement in connection stability since the patch came out? We should play a scrimmage tonight to test the patch. Wellington, Luke as well.

Not an improvement, per se, as I've never had laggy games. There was no disconnection however! No challenged calls though, so I still don't know if that's fixed.

DenogginizerOS said:
LJ11 and I had no lag, no anything. I just did a challenge for the first time with nary the threat of a disconnect (I lost it).

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bluemax,when are you free to play our week 5 game?

GQman2121

Banned
Since downloading the newest patch last night my game will not stop freezing. I tried multiple times last night to play, both on and off line and the game would randomly freeze after only a few plays.

I can still bring up the XMB to quit the game, but nothing else responds.

Has anyone had this happen since the patch?

DMczaf

GQman2121 said:
Since downloading the newest patch last night my game will not stop freezing. I tried multiple times last night to play, both on and off line and the game would randomly freeze after only a few plays.

I've had the exact opposite. I haven't had a post-game freeze or any disconnects.

Fifty

GQman2121 said:

I hope you figure the source of this out before we play in week 6. That's not good to hear...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DMczaf said:
I've had the exact opposite. I haven't had a post-game freeze or any disconnects.
The only weird thing that happened was that when DM challenged he apparently could not skip the cutscene. It sucked shit, we really sat there for like the 90 seconds that it's supposed to take for a challenge, saw the replay twice from multiple angles, and then Gruden's reaction. :lol It was cool, but not in a game against my hated rival DM.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I just played some random douche and anytime a play was challenged we could not skip the cut scenes either....f-ing annoying.

DMczaf

Wellington said:
The only weird thing that happened was that when DM challenged he apparently could not skip the cutscene. It sucked shit, we really sat there for like the 90 seconds that it's supposed to take for a challenge, saw the replay twice from multiple angles, and then Gruden's reaction. :lol It was cool, but not in a game against my hated rival DM.

And then I fumbled again in the next play and I was so scared of challenging it because I couldn't skip the previous replay :lol

Fifty

Ok, so I guess it's impossible to skip replays now. Great programming, Tiburon. God, these guys are just laughable.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
wow. i should have dominated the play of the week for the NFC across the board. this rule about only one player on it is bullshit. im changing it next time that happens!

Rorschach

Wellington said:
Hey does Lucas field actually work now after the patch?
We played some games there before the patch. I don't know what sets it off (mostly happens against the Bucs even if it's @ tampa), but this patch didn't address it.

just lost to wasabi :(

gg buddy, here is what happened for those that care:

- ryan grant up my asshole. i couldn't stop the running game at all. blitz, zone, man, bunch, 3-4, 4-3, goal line... it didn't matter! ran all over me! you may look at his average and say "meh not so bad!" but that average was drastically reduced late when i ALL OUT blitzed on every play cause i knew he was running. my run D had been pretty good before this. maybe EA saw the niners real life run defense and updated it accordingly :(

- i made 1 bad throw on a pick... the others were head scratchers. on one i had vernon open on a post and about to cut. ive made this throw a million times for a completion, but for some reason this time instead of leading inside (where VD was going) JTO threw WAY outside, directly at the safety or LB there. ive never seen that before and not sure if its something i did or what.

- while ryan grant was getting his rape on against my D-line, frank gore couldn't find ANY type of running room. the only reason i even had 25 yards was because i ran out of a 3 wide set once and got a lucky 11 yard gainer.

- even with all this i still had a chance at the end! cut it to 24-19 with about 30 seconds left and was probably about an inch away from the onside kick! i got a really good bounce but it was not to be

i would blame my 2 weeks without playing a game as an excuse but i dont think wasabi has been playing either so that wont fly. i just got beat, plain and simple! now i must rebound!

lets take bets on who i get to play me first! Konex or zep!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lets take bets on who i get to play me first! Konex or zep!
Konex has at least been active. I say Konex.

JTO threw WAY outside, directly at the safety or LB there. ive never seen that before and not sure if its something i did or what.
:lol Welcome to my world!!!! This is why I'm starting Andrew Walter from now on. I don't want to find out the amount of times that will happen now that he's downgraded.

I think FMT was being a bit too modest, he found a way to shred my pass defense as I went all Rob Ryan and forgot to go with the girl that got me to the dance, the one that's hot and will put out. I went for the uglier girl instead, like picking the girl cause of her wit and personality. There were some crazy picks, but they more than made up for the easy dropped picks thrown my way. Ah, what can you do.

I played a bit of DM-ball, and I hope that was not the wrong thing to do. Couldn't resist, Ryan Grant was just hookin' a brotha up. I also gotta know what it's gotta take to break a tackle in this edition. I think once I went conservative and gunshy after that pick, it was prime time for FMT to comeback, and believe me, I was all stressed. This is why I CANNOT play two games within an 8 hour period.

I know my weaknesses, and I need some serious play time in order to fix these issues.

Finally, we're one for one in not getting the DM glitch!

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
LiveWire said:
Campbell with the NFC Offensive Player of the Week! YES! Eat a dick Romo! :lol

Donovan had more yards, 3 TD passes, and a perfect QB rating. ROBBED

Somnia said:
Wasabi and I are going to make up our week 4 game Friday night just for a FYI
ooh som I may have to postpone. Sorry, I have to go see my friend's band and holler at the female bartender. Find me in the usual spot and let's hug it out.

GQman2121

Banned
Now my game will not load past the initial start up screen. It just stays at LOADING......LOADING........LOADING.........

I've tried deleting everything having to do with Madden from my HDD and re-downloading the patch, but I still can't get any further than the loading screen.

I might try signing out of the PSN, but then what's the point because I won't be able to play online.

There's a few people on the OS forum that are having freezing issues as well, so hopefully something will be announced soon.

GQman2121

Banned
Fifty said:
Bizarre. Are you sure it's Madden, and not just your PS3 acting up?

Everything else works fine; I've been playing the hell out of NHL with out a hitch.

I wasn't having any problems with the game until Tuesday night when I downloaded the patch.

LiveWire

GQman2121 said:
Everything else works fine; I've been playing the hell out of NHL with out a hitch.

I wasn't having any problems with the game until Tuesday night when I downloaded the patch.

Did you go back to Action Cam by any chance?

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
GQman2121 said:

Christ. I really, really hope this is an isolated event. I too have been able to play a ton of stuff fine (including NHL) so I know it is not my router or my PS3.

Rorschach

DenogginizerOS said:
Christ. I really, really hope this is an isolated event. I too have been able to play a ton of stuff fine (including NHL) so I know it is not my router or my PS3.
Wait. You have the problem too? Anyone else?

Ramirez

Well, I finally got to play again! Me and Mig had a crazy game, I had two of the worst INT throws I've ever done in my Madden history...we had fumbles out the wazoo as well, it was ugly.

MWS, you ever get your PS3?

Fifty

Hey guys...Our Panthers fill-in has been banned

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=24382

:lol :lol

Maybe Matrix SHOULD fill in with them. Or another reliable league player who's willing to give 100% for both teams (but probably doesn't have a shot at the playoffs with his main team)..I'd normally stick up for the new guy, but it's not like he's been trying to reach Ramirez.

I'm tapping my toes for the week to advance, but we still have 10 games yet to be played! I need to get another hobby. Perhaps model trains...

Rorschach

Truelize said:
I'm reaching out to dskillztown. Is he banned again? Have not seen him around at all.
He posted earlier. He has no power because of Hurricane Ike. He said he's willing to let people fill in, though. I'd offer, but people don't seem to want me to fill in.

Fifty said:
Hey guys...Our Panthers fill-in has been banned

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/member.php?u=24382

:lol :lol

Maybe Matrix SHOULD fill in with them. Or another reliable league player who's willing to give 100% for both teams (but probably doesn't have a shot at the playoffs with his main team)..I'd normally stick up for the new guy, but it's not like he's been trying to reach Ramirez.
Oh, boy... :\

I'm tapping my toes for the week to advance, but we still have 10 games yet to be played! I need to get another hobby. Perhaps model trains...
Well, the week just advanced because week 4 was so horrible. I think we need deadlines, though. This "play whenever" thing is just slowing stuff down further. If it's gonna be like this, it might as well be flex. -_-

Top Bottom