• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Rorschach

Lonestar said:
QB JaMarcus Russell – Raiders – 83 to 79 – Looks slow and his accuracy leaves much to be desired. The only thing keeping this guy starting in the NFL is his draft spot.

Damn, really Ror?
I expected this. He's not as bad as his week 2 stats. What the stats don't show are busted routes, dropped balls, and shitty playcalling. And he doesn't turn the ball over!

I like how they ignored the other guys that did well, though. Morrison, Warren, Howard, Gallery, Grove, Bush, Miller, and especially McFadden. The guy that sprung McFadden on most of those runs was Miller and he made a couple of awesome catches to bail out JRuss and keep the chains moving. The Chiefs actually double teamed him all day because there was no one else to cover. :lol

Oh well, go Nnamdi!

DMczaf

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=437447&tstart=0

80% chance that Patch #2 will be up tonight if they don't find any problems during final testing.

The previous patch thread has been great but I wanted to make sure everyone saw this message.

As of 5:00 pm EST, we are as close as we can be to being done with the patch. It is extremely likely (80%) that both patches get released late tonight. Based on patch #1, you should expect this around 2:00 am EST.

We are completing the final round of testing on the patch right now and expect to give the all clear whithin hours.

I'll update again in a few hours with a confirmation of tonight's release or a delay. Delay will happen if problems are found during our final testing.

Phil

Guys, hate to do it, but I'm going to have to pull out of the league. There are a few factors involved in me having to leave, none related to anyone here. Thanks to everyone for the good games and for the invitation to play.

Best of luck to each of you.

LukeSmith

fantasysportsguy said:
Guys, hate to do it, but I'm going to have to pull out of the league. There are a few factors involved in me having to leave, none related to anyone here. Thanks to everyone for the good games and for the invitation to play.

Best of luck to each of you.

Rors will take over the Panthers schedule. He'd love to play with a tru power team

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll take over the Panthers if Rors doesn't want them.

all is well my friends! thank you to rors for handling lots of the issues that came up. what will happen with the panthers? i don't know yet. i could probably guilt lonestar into filling in but i dont feel like doing that cause i honestly dont think he wants to play. i know there are a few of us who wouldn't mind filling in for the panthers, and maybe that is the best route.... the mrsparkle route!

the 2 options are:

a) pick 1 person to play all the panthers games with the CHANCE that this person meets himself in the superbowl (unlikely)

b) have different people fill in from week to week.

i would prefer to go with option A because it gives a sense of continuity and the stats mean something. matrix was first on the block to offer. you still interested matrix?

DCX

DCX
I would be willing to fill in, just cuase i need the practice. We all i know i won't be making the Super Bowl with either team.

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fmt,I'll still do it.For some reason if I have to miss one game or two *which I highly doubt,unless I get sick*,it looks like DCX will be willing to play a couple.

BRING ON DM!

Mrbob

I would prefer having one person take over the panthers.

It is unfair to those of us in the same division...if one of us takes on a person from another division in a playoff round who we would normally not play in the regular season they would already know the play style already.

Not only this, but with different players at different player levels taking on the panthers it doesn't make all games equal. I'm against Mr Sparkle.

Matrix

Do I look like Mr.Sparkle to you!?

Rorschach

Alright, Matrix. Team's ownership transferred.

Mrbob said:
I would prefer having one person take over the panthers.

It is unfair to those of us in the same division...if one of us takes on a person from another division in a playoff round who we would normally not play in the regular season they would already know the play style already.

Not only this, but with different players at different player levels taking on the panthers it doesn't make all games equal. I'm against Mr Sparkle.
Pay attention, guy.

[edit] Damn, week 4 looks bad. :\

Greenbay Packers at Cincinnati Bengals [Wasabi refuses to play before patch]
Carolina Panthers at Tampa Bay Buccaneers [New owner...might get done now!]
Chicago Bears at New York Jets [Fall Lineup]
Minnesota Vikings at Dallas Cowboys [???]
Pittsburgh Steelers at New Orleans Saints [Ike victim]
Buffalo Bills at Indianapolis Colts [Colts are scurr'd]
Miami Dolphins at Arizona Cardinals [Ike victim]
San Diego Chargers at Washington Redskins [currently scheduling]
Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots [Pats owner doesn't have the game yet]
St. Louis Rams at San Francisco 49ers [Lol...not happening]

Patch isn't out 'till Monday, btw.

LukeSmith

Rorschach said:

Pay attention, guy.

Jacksonville Jaguars at New England Patriots [Pats owner doesn't have the game yet]

LukeSmith on 9/14/08 said:
LJ, you have it on both platforms right? So do I: I'm down for either when it's time to get it on, I assume you're celebrating your victory today.

Wrong, friend!

I am scared, tho. Can't play today, working all day and stuff this eve

Rorschach said:

Pay attention, guy.

Been reaching out to Truelize all week, not sure what's going on. I'll continue trying this weekend too. :(

Rorschach

LukeSmith said:
Wrong, friend!

Ooops, sorry. :(

Shawnwhann said:
Been reaching out to Truelize all week, not sure what's going on. I'll continue trying this weekend too. :(
Thanks for the update. Good luck. :(

MWS Natural said:
Anyone know if you guys are going to have a second season?
Dunno. We're barely in week 4. Are you interested in playing? There might be a spot open(ing) if you can reform to our league's rules. :p

LJ11

LukeSmith said:
Wrong, friend!

Luke just name the time and I'm there, I'm very flexible. Also waiting on Frank to get the game.

MWS i pm'ed you a few weeks ago asking if you wanted to play. you are invited to join as the panthers if you're interested!

also, i know it's a slow time in the league right now due to the patch problems and natural disasters, but lets not lose focus! the games will get done one way or another! the league can't crumble as i swore a blood oath that i would play a league game with an 80+ rated 49ers qb, and by god i plan to see that day rise!

Matrix

So do I play as the Panthers or is MWS using them? arghhh

Dm I can play today if I'm using them.

DMczaf

Matrix said:
So do I play as the Panthers or is MWS using them? arghhh

Dm I can play today if I'm using them.

Once everything is cleared up!

I know you want to use an overrated QB/WR combo so badly after losing the Carr/Johnson combo!

Matrix

:lol

It still won't help me against the Bucs D!

I predict either you blow me out or we play a super close game and we get booted!

Am I stuck playing with the classic camera against you or are you willing to use the action? :p

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:
Luke just name the time and I'm there, I'm very flexible. Also waiting on Frank to get the game.

For some reason I thought you worked in U.S. financials and were tending to stuff this week in that sector. Let's try and get it done tomorrow (my work schedule has been brutal lately, so my availability has SUCKED)

Yeah I will take them if possible, I just have to wait on the PS3 version to arrive from Gamefly since I only have the 360 version at the moment.

LJ11

LukeSmith said:
For some reason I thought you worked in U.S. financials and were tending to stuff this week in that sector. Let's try and get it done tomorrow (my work schedule has been brutal lately, so my availability has SUCKED)

Tomorrow's fine if it's after the Bills game, it's a 1pm start. I can play through it if that's your only available slot however, I'll just listen to it on the radio.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Tomorrow's fine if it's after the Bills game, it's a 1pm start. I can play through it if that's your only available slot however, I'll just listen to it on the radio.
You call that a game?! Raiders will die tomorrow! I call it a slaughter. :'(

LJ11

Rorschach said:
You call that a game?! Raiders will die tomorrow! I call it a slaughter. :'(

Nah, I'm actually worried about it. I can't recall the last time we beat the Raiders, I'm still worried about our Run D, and even though your secondary hasn't played well I still think it's a test for our O. I'm worried about protection as well. Not as confident as most people seem to be.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Nah, I'm actually worried about it. I can't recall the last time we beat the Raiders, I'm still worried about our Run D, and even though your secondary hasn't played well I still think it's a test for our O. I'm worried about protection as well. Not as confident as most people seem to be.
Well, our 3rd HB is starting and we're missing our LT. Also, Ryan is a dumbass because he hasn't been switching Asomugha around, so I bet you Hall will be on Evans and get burned all day. Of course, I'll still be rooting, but the writing is on the wall.

Unless JRuss steps up. Go JRuss. :(

LJ11

Evans has been getting good separation so far, but Edwards doesn't look deep too much. It's an intermediate passing game with the occasional deep throw. Teams will start squatting on routes sooner or later, Evans will keep them honest to a degree, but we have to open it up at some point

Key guy is Freddie Jackson, they line him up everywhere, a poor man's Westbrook. I thought he was the difference in the Jags game. We'll see, I think it's a good challenge even though everyone is down on the Raiders. I was very confident going into the Seahawks game, and even the Jags game. We trailed the Jags last year by 3 with 6 minutes left and JP was playing. We lost it because JP's a bonehead. Don't have the same feeling going into this game.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Evans has been getting good separation so far, but Edwards doesn't look deep too much. It's an intermediate passing game with the occasional deep throw. Teams will start squatting on routes sooner or later, Evans will keep them honest to a degree, but we have to open it up at some point.
Hall gets burned on everything, though. Short, screens, deep, medium...everything. What I hate most is that he plays like 5 yards off the line on every fucking play and still gets beat deep. Even when he has help over the top by Wilson. ><

I just hope somehow Edwards doesn't know about Nnamdi. :3

LJ11

Rorschach said:
Hall gets burned on everything, though. Short, screens, deep, medium...everything. What I hate most is that he plays like 5 yards off the line on every fucking play and still gets beat deep. Even when he has help over the top by Wilson. ><

I just hope somehow Edwards doesn't know about Nnamdi. :3

I want Evans matched up on Nnamdi just so I can watch the matchup, see if Evans is worth the money he wants. He toasted Trufant/Jennings on multiple occasions, Edwards couldn't get it out far enough, though he still had at least one deep completion. Against Mathis it was much harder to go deep because they played a lot of Man 2 Deep, but he still had a deep completion.

The Bills play a lot of Cover 3, they don't press either. JRuss will have all the underneath throws he wants, he'll have success if he's patient. I think you guys are going to blitz a lot, smacking Edwards around has worked in the past. He's cool/calm, but can get rattled if he's on the turf one too many times. If you sit back in a zone, I think he'll pick it apart, but who knows.

I hope it's a good game, and no one gets hurt.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
I want Evans matched up on Nnamdi just so I can watch the matchup, see if Evans is worth the money he wants. He toasted Trufant/Jennings on multiple occasions, Edwards couldn't get it out far enough, though he still had at least one deep completion. Against Mathis it was much harder to go deep because they played a lot of Man 2 Deep, but he still had a deep completion.
I want to see it too. Just because I don't think Hall can handle it. :p Nnamdi isn't the fastest corner in the league, but he's incredibly talented and not afraid to get physical at the line. The reason I don't think it will happens is because Ryan used Hall on Royal all day week 1 and Bowe week 2. Dunno what he's thinking (especially with Bowe who's got a big size advantage on Hall). I think EA took away his manlock button too!

The Bills play a lot of Cover 3, they don't press either. JRuss will have all the underneath throws he wants, he'll have success if he's patient. I think you guys are going to blitz a lot, smacking Edwards around has worked in the past. He's cool/calm, but can get rattled if he's on the turf one too many times. If you sit back in a zone, I think he'll pick it apart, but who knows.
I think we'll blitz to start out, but I doubt Ryan sticks with it. He keeps promising to bring it, but only does it a couple of times a game. It's not his style.

I hope it's a good game, and no one gets hurt.
Same. :p

LJ11

Does he move the corners around at all, or do they just play their side of the field? Some coordinators feel that playing their best cover corner on the secondary receiver, and rolling coverage to the top receiver, is a better way to shutdown a top WR.

The Bills just keep McGee/Greer on their respective side, Whitner is the only player who really moves around in the secondary.

Rorschach

LJ11 said:
Does he move the corners around at all, or do they just play their side of the field? Some coordinators feel that playing their best cover corner on the secondary receiver, and rolling coverage to the top receiver, is a better way to shutdown a top WR.

The Bills just keep McGee/Greer on their respective side, Whitner is the only player who really moves around in the secondary.
He used to. Not this year or in the pre-season. He did move Nnamdi for a few plays last week, but it was to cover Gonzalez. :\ He has been keeping Hall on the #1 so far this year. Last year, he would move Nnamdi around, but they would just throw to the opposite side anyway because Washington and Schweigert are useless. Even if he was gonna keep them on one fixed side, I'd prefer for him to be on the other side since most #1s line up there.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Shawnwhann said:

Hey I did message you back once. Sorry man but the new job has been crazy so far. The shortest day I've worked this week is 11.5 hours.

I can play tomorrow (Sunday) after church. I'm home around 3ish mountain time. So anytime tomorrow afternoon or night.

Just be gentle man. :D

Fifty

Truelize said:
Hey I did message you back once. Sorry man but the new job has been crazy so far. The shortest day I've worked this week is 11.5 hours.

I can play tomorrow (Sunday) after church. I'm home around 3ish mountain time. So anytime tomorrow afternoon or night.

CHURCH?

CHURCH?

MADDEN iS CHURcccccccccch

edit: I refuse to edit the above. Let it stand as a testament to my drunkenness. Don't be like Fifty/Chifty. Respect your God(s).

bluemax

Banned
LiveWire said:
bluemax, you free to play our game?

Sorry I missed you yesterday, Saturday mornings are for sleeping in and watching college football. I had some time in the afternoon but didn't see you online. I'll look for you Sunday afternoon/evening time.

Random aside, at work on Friday we had to try and figure out a way to fix an issue with our PS3 title when player 1 used one type of router with their NAT set to type 1 and player b used a different router set to type 2. Totally reminded me of the connection problems a lot of people have. The PS3 SDK is supposed to automatically handle router traversal when a NAT is present or something.

Truelize said:

No worries, I should be around for most of the afternoon. Lets try and get it in before the Cowboys game tonight.

Fifty

Somnia and I are scheduled to play after the prime time NFL game tonight. I see that week 5 hasn't been unlocked yet..but it certainly will be as soon as the Dallas game is over.

Fifty

Somnia, maybe it would be a good idea to postpone tonight's game, and wait for tomorrow's patch (it's coming out right?) If that prevents disconnections, it could be a lifesaver.

Somnia

Fifty said:
Somnia, maybe it would be a good idea to postpone tonight's game, and wait for tomorrow's patch (it's coming out right?) If that prevents disconnections, it could be a lifesaver.

That works for me man. I'm off tomorrow...I do have a meeting at work from 9-10PM CST, but I am free at any other time. Feel free to AIM me or just PM me when you want to play. AIM = Somnia1982

LukeSmith

LJ, you around? I could play instead of watching the night game.

I can play on either 360 or PS3. I'm despondent and prepared for defeat.

LJ11

LukeSmith said:
LJ, you around? I could play instead of watching the night game.

I can play on either 360 or PS3. I'm despondent and prepared for defeat.

Sorry for not replying, I fell asleep dude. I can be on in 15 minutes, that ok for you?

LukeSmith

LJ11 said:
Sorry for not replying, I fell asleep dude. I can be on in 15 minutes, that ok for you?

Yeah, definitely. Name your console. PSN: ID lukems, Xbox Live ID: TJ Scoot

I wish I'd taken a nap, sleep off this sadness!

Top Bottom