• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The New Official Madden Season 12 Thread: LD come back... you can blame it all on me!

Rorschach said:
The playoffs will be handled on here since we don't need anything more than a bracket. Guys who lost last year didn't bother inputting stats, anyway. :\

CB: you don't play him first since he has a bye. You play MWS.

MrBob: play your games! >:| All you need is two wins
Or 4 losses
!

Oh that was ou that did those pretty little charts in seasons past though right? All is well then...

Somebody wake me up when the playoffs start!

GQman2121

Banned
DCX, Blue, Ram (2games), mmolinajr - I have nothing to do tonight and would love to play all of my remaining games, so that I can finally trade-in this POS.

I'll be home and ready to play at 8est tonight if anyone can go.

DCX

DCX
GQman2121 said:
DCX, Blue, Ram (2games), mmolinajr - I have nothing to do tonight and would love to play all of my remaining games, so that I can finally trade-in this POS.

I'll be home and ready to play at 8est tonight if anyone can go.
I'll play you at 9PM est.

DCX

CB3 said:
bah get the fuck out of here. i battle this whole time to get into the 5 spot so i DONT have to play you and then you go and lose and put DM (for now) into the #1 spot.

I demand DM/MWS lose games to fix this. NOW

:lol If that's what you really want. Let me know when your ready to play.

bluemax

Banned
Week night games against east coasters is pretty much an impossibility for me at this point. I've been working late and when I come home I spend time with my girlfriend. If I picked madden over her she'd kill me.

After like 10:30 Pm PST on week nights is probably the safest time for me, usually although this has been kind of a bad week.

I keep trying to get games in on weekends but to no avail.

DMczaf

Transactions
WR Antonio Chatman – Released to FA (IR)
LB Abdul Hodge – Released to FA (IR)
LB John DiGiorgio – Released to FA (IR)
LB Marcus Buggs – Added to Bills
FB/LB Spencer Larsen – Added to Broncos
LB Geno Hayes – Released to FA (IR)
LB Matt McCoy – Signs with Bucs
LB Derek Smith – Released by Chargers
HB Michael Bennett – Signs with Chargers
LB Erik Walden – Released by Chiefs
HB Dantrell Savage – Released by Chiefs
CB Nick Graham - Released to FA (IR)
LB Rob Ninkovich – Signs with Dolphins
T Jacob Bender – Signs with 49ers
C/G Drew Miller – Signs with Jaguars
LB Jason Trusnik – Added to Jets
G Stanley Daniels – Added to Jets (Practice Squad)
S LaMarcus Hicks – Released by Lions
WR Adam Jennings – Signs with Lions
LB Gilbert Gardner – Released by Lions
LB Anthony Cannon – Added to Lions
C Brennen Carvalho – Added to Packers (Practice Squad)
DE KGB – Released by Packers
DE Kenny Pettway – Added to Packers
CB Mike Richardson – Added to Patriots
TE John Madsen – Released by Raiders
FB Jason Davis – Released by Raiders
G Junius Coston – Signs with Raiders
CB Justin Miller – Signs with Raiders
LT Anthony Davis – Signs with Rams
DT Brandon McKinney – Added to Ravens
TE Mark Campbell – Released to FA (IR)
HB Aaron Stecker – Released to FA (IR)
DT Brian Young – Released to FA (IR)
CB Leigh Torrence – Signs with Saints
HB Mike Bell – Signs with Saints
FB Darian Barnes – Signs with Saints
G Jeremy Parquet – Added to Steelers

Ratings Up
S Mike Brown – Bears – 87 to 88 – Was flashing big time hit power in Sunday’s debacle to the Packers.
T John St. Clair – Bears – 73 to 76 – Has played better than expected or past performance would indicate. Chris Williams is back now so he might be moving to the bench at some point.
FB Peyton Hillis – Broncos – 78 to 79 – Got a trucking increase by showing he can move the pile at the NFL level vs. the Falcons.
HB Jerome Harrison – Browns – 77 to 78 – Got a speed increase after he turned on the jets Monday night.
CB Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie – 80 to 81 – Flashed big ability in grapping a couple picks vs. the Seahawks.
DT Glenn Dorsey – Chiefs – 80 to 82 – Has made more plays recently, especially in last week’s game vs. the Saints.
LB Joey Porter – Dolphins – 92 to 94 – Continues to be a monster off the edge.
LB Stewart Bradley – Eagles – 80 to 81 –
DE Darren Howard – Eagles – 82 to 84 – Is thriving in the ‘Justin Tuck’ role. Playing inside on passing downs has revived his career.
DT Jonathan Babineaux – Falcons – 82 to 84 – Is having a big year with 7 tackles for loss thus far.
DE Jamaal Anderson – Falcons – 81 to 82 – Is starting to pressure the QB more frequently after not having a sack his rookie year.
C Shaun O’Hara – Giants – 92 to 94 – Dominated Justin Bannan one on one in the Giants big day over the Ravens.
FB Madison Hedgecock – Giants - 88 to 89 – Has had quite the resurgence after being released by the Rams last season.
S Michael Johnson – 81 to 83 – Looks to have won the fight with Kenny Phillips. Has played very well in coverage this season. Phillips and Johnson now start together.
HB Derrick Ward – Giants – 82 to 84 – Signed a 1 year deal this year and looks to cash in this offseason in free agency after a big season with the best O-line going.
HB Ahmad Bradshaw – Giants – 82 to 83 – Looks to have his role expanded next season as the key backup.
G Rich Seubert – Giants – 91 to 92 – Starts at LG for the dominate offensive line in pro football.
G Chris Snee – Giants – 95 to 96 – One of or the dominate RG in the NFL.
LB Justin Durant – Jaguars – 83 to 85 – Speedy LB for the Jags who will be a big part of the defense for many years.
S Gerald Sensabaugh – Jaguars – 79 to 81 – Starting now at safety for the Jaguars after moving the former starter back to cornerback.
HB Leon Washington – Jets – 82 to 83 – Got some more speed after making some big plays against the Patriots that the Jets had to have.
S Abram Elam – Jets – 76 to 79 – Has been making big plays and is now starting again at safety after being a backup earlier in the year.
TE Dustin Keller – Jets – 80 to 82 – Looks to be developing chemistry with Brett Favre. He will need to be clicking against undefeated Tennessee.
HB Thomas Jones – Jets – 89 to 90 – Had to have heard Leon Washington’s footsteps and has returned in a big way after a down year last year. The upgrade to the OL surely helped.
QB Matt Cassell – Patriots – 78 to 79 – Got a boost in speed and acceleration as he showed scrambling ability vs. the Jets. Still someone is gonna pay this guy way too much.
LB Gary Guyton – Patriots – 73 to 78 – The Pats 3rd MLB gets plenty of time and valuable experience as he will no doubt be a starter.
DE Aaron Smith – Steelers – 96 to 97 – Continued to be dominate and cave in the right side of the offensive line.
LB LaMarr Woodley – Steelers – 87 to 88 – Made a play in coverage last week in addition to making plays rushing the passer.
LB James Harrison – Steelers – 95 to 96 -
LB Xavier Adibi – Texans – 73 to 76 – Had a big game filling in for injured starter Morlon Greenwood.
CB Chris Carr – Titans – 71 to 76 – The star of the Jags/Titans game. Showed he can play CB in the NFL.
QB Kerry Collins – Titans – 81 to 82 – Showed the cannon a couple times vs. the Jags.
WR Justin Gage – Titans – 80 to 81 – Got a speed increase after he proved he is healthy vs. the Jags with some big plays.
LB Chad Greenway – Vikings – 88 to 89 – Has been the one that stepped up after the loss of E.J. Henderson.

Ratings Down
QB Trent Edwards – Bills – 83 to 82 – Continued his string of poor performances on Monday night vs. the Browns.
S Calvin Lowry – Broncos – 77 to 75 – Made some very bad plays in pursuit vs. the Falcons.
CB Karl Paymah – Broncos – 77 to 73 – Did a lot of damage to his value by his poor play this season.
CB Brandon McDonald – Browns – 82 to 78 – Was demoted in the Browns secondary. Not a good thing for longevity.
WR Braylon Edwards – Browns – 95 to 92 – Catching was lowered due to his ability not to be able to hang onto the ball.
WR Patrick Crayton – Cowboys – 82 to 80 – Might have his role expanded after the injury to Miles Austin. Was not involved with the addition of Roy Williams and the emergence of Austin.
CB Drayton Florence – Jaguars – 85 to 81 – Was demoted to nickel back causing a shift in the secondary. Was burned last week vs. the Titans.
DT Rob Meier – Jaguars – 86 to 82 – Has not played as well as he did last season.
DE Paul Spicer – Jaguars – 86 to 83 – Another guy on the Jags defensive line not playing to expectations.
LB Ernie Sims – Lions – 93 to 91 – Has not been a difference maker on defense.
S Michael Huff – Raiders – 85 to 78 – Facts are facts. This guy is a bust.
LT Kwame Harris – Raiders – 78 to 74 – On the short list for worst starting LT in the league. Leads the league in false starts.
QB JaMarcus Russell – Raiders – 79 to 75 – Continues to display very bad downfield accuracy. Anytime he is off the Raiders play calling leash he shows how long he still has to go.
CB Tye Hill – Rams – 81 to 75 – This year has been a disaster after he expected big things at the start of the season.
DT La’Roi Glover – Rams – 82 to 78 – Has now been relegated to being blown off the ball as a backup.
LB Will Witherspoon – Rams – 90 to 89 – Looked completely horrendous and hobbled in last week’s game against the 49ers.
QB Marc Bulger – Rams – 87 to 85 – Had another horrendous start vs. the Jets. Was able to rack up passing attempts and yards after they were down by 30 points.
WR Torry Holt – Rams – 94 to 93 – Not able to separate like the old Torry Holt. Now he might be old Torry Holt.
G Anthony Herrera – Vikings – 87 to 83 – Has been beaten too often this year in pass protection.
T Ryan Cook – Vikings – 84 to 81 – Has been benched in Minnesota at RT.

Injuries
HB Earnest Graham – Bucs – IR
DE Turk McBride – Chiefs – IR
TE Tom Santi – Colts – IR
T Jonas Jennings – 49ers – IR
CB Terrence Wheatley – Patriots – IR
DE Patrick Kerney – Seahawks - IR

It's Dunn's time!

Rorschach

I am so fucked. Yay...right in time for playoffs. The Raiders had an incredible amount of stealth downgrades the last few weeks and these published downgrades will hurt me further. The loss of Madsen is the worst.

This team is such shit. :( 1 and done.

Rorschach

So, what do you guys say? Launch playoffs now and get this thing rolling?

Looks like MrBob may get away with not playing his games after all! \o/ Wellie is selling his game and I haven't seen FMT in a while.

So....let's do this thing?

Rorschach said:
So, what do you guys say? Launch playoffs now and get this thing rolling?

Looks like MrBob may get away with not playing his games after all! \o/ Wellie is selling his game and I haven't seen FMT in a while.

So....let's do this thing?

DM needs to win at least one more game before he can't rightfully claim the top spot. If we start now, I think I should claim the top seed. I shouldn't get penalized for playing all my games!

Mrbob

It isn't like I haven't tried playing my games!

I haven't been able to hook up with people due to time sensitivities!

Rorschach

While we wait for DM to play that game that Shawn wants, we can go ahead and get started since they both have byes anyway. :p Lets do this thang!

Teams on top are home.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
MWS i wont be able to play friday. Saturday night Maybe, depending on what time my cousins wedding ends. At some point sunday for sure though if we cant get it done saturday night

trying to finish my last 3 games. NOTHING IS OVER!!!

Week 13 at Indianapolis Colts lukems [-enter-]
Week 14 Miami Dolphins Wellington [-enter-]
Week 16 San Diego Chargers bluemax [-enter-]
If I win out and get help I got a shot!

bluemax

Banned
DMczaf said:
It's Dunn's time!

Fuck! I've been using Derek Smith as a starter at MLB! He was a 78! He had 36 tackles and 4 sacks!

Lame, should've got my games in sooner.

DCX didn't we play already? You're the Falcons right? Are you in control of another team on my roster?

Tomorrow afternoon I might be able to get some games in. Unless one of you East coasters is up late tonight.

Frankman make your time! When do you want to play!

DCX

DCX
bluemax said:
Fuck! I've been using Derek Smith as a starter at MLB! He was a 78! He had 36 tackles and 4 sacks!

Lame, should've got my games in sooner.

DCX didn't we play already? You're the Falcons right? Are you in control of another team on my roster?

Tomorrow afternoon I might be able to get some games in. Unless one of you East coasters is up late tonight.

Frankman make your time! When do you want to play!
I'm also the Playoff bound Browns and we play first round :) I'll be up late tonight.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
DCX said:
I'm also the Playoff bound Browns and we play first round :) I'll be up late tonight.

DCX

Are we skipping the rest of the regular season for the playoffs? Sad but understandable. I'll look out for you tonight then.

Mrbob

Mig when do you want to give me my playoff loss?

L4D has shown up today, need to get my Madden season over with so I can dedicate myself to this brilliant game!

While we wait for DM to play the games that Shawn wants, we can go ahead and get started since they both have byes anyway. :p Lets do this thang!

Fixed!

Or DM can just concede the #1 spot and we can call it day...which is the cleaner solution imho! :D

Mrbob

Shawnwhann said:
Fixed!

Or DM can just concede the #1 spot and we can call it day...which is the cleaner solution imho! :D

Wow, I didn't realize your playoff wish is to lose to me in the divisional round.

Mrbob

case-closed-stamp.gif

Rorschach said:
He already played it and won. Chart stands!

Case closed my ass!

If DM loses that final game, I own the tiebreaker due to having a better conference record. I lost my final game, and who's to say he wouldn't lose his either!

Play that final game DM, be a man like JGar used to be!

Rorschach

Shawnwhann said:
Case closed my ass!

If DM loses that final game, I own the tiebreaker due to having a better conference record. I lost my final game, and who's to say he wouldn't lose his either!

Play that final game DM, be a man like JGar used to be!
No, I mean he did play it and won against me using the Vikes. Final score was 21-18.

Even if he does play that game against Dskillz, he owns the tie breaker on you, so you're 2nd seed.

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/schedule/date/gamestats.asp?lid=1307&did=123760&gid=1863827

CB3 said:
MWS i wont be able to play friday. Saturday night Maybe, depending on what time my cousins wedding ends. At some point sunday for sure though if we cant get it done saturday night

I'll be home around 6:30PM EST on saturday and sunday.

Rorschach said:
No, I mean he did play it and won against me using the Vikes. Final score was 21-18.

Even if he does play that game against Dskillz, he owns the tie breaker on you, so you're 2nd seed.

http://www.leaguedaddy.com/leagues/schedule/date/gamestats.asp?lid=1307&did=123760&gid=1863827

Not to beat a dead horse, but you're not correct. Should DM lose he would be second because all of his loses would have came against NFC opponents. I have two losses vs NFC comp and one loss vs the AFC.

What tiebreaker scenario are you basing your perspective off of?

Rorschach

Shawnwhann said:
Not to beat a dead horse, but you're not correct. Should DM lose he would be second because all of his loses would have came against NFC opponents. I have two losses vs NFC comp and one loss vs the AFC.

What tiebreaker scenario are you basing your perspective off of?
Oh...hadn't looked on your schedule, but he has an 11-2 record vs the NFC and you have a 10-2 record. He was scheduled only 2 AFC games, unfortunately. Sorry, I didn't make the schedule.

I guess you want to go by percentage where you beat him by a tiny margin. Yes, that's how the NFL decides it, but the NFL also doesn't schedule teams unevenly like that.

I'll see if DM wants to play another game, but he's not around right now, tomorrow is Sunday, and I'm not expecting him to sacrifice real football for it. Doesn't look like these first round games will get done by then, though. I'll see how his Monday looks.

DCX

DCX
So the Chargers advance with a 20-7 victory capped by a 95 yard TD pass that was tipped by my safety and he just quit on the play as the ball ended up in the WRs hands and took it to the house. That set the tone for this wacky game. Good luck Blue, he has momentum on his side.

DCX

bluemax

Banned
Final score:

Chargers 20
Browns 7

Play of the game:

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/video/2371484

Edit: Thanks DCX, the game had all sorts of Madden hijinks. Tipped deep ball for TD, random face mask penalties at inopportune times, dropped passes, dropped INTs.

There was one play where Chambers had no one on top of him at the line and somehow the throw still didn't come close to him.

Top Bottom