• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

newsguy

You're right, I thought it would just be the point difference between both our games. I think Fifty made a list but I'm too lazy to look. Either way I don't expect to make the playoffs at this point. I'll see you guys for the 360 season.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
np, but gun still has a chance and no one wants him in the first round... and by the look of things I get to have a rematch against the man Ando... i will like that, then I Could melt ice right out the playoffs... this should be fun..

and quit with all the bitching guys....

G-A SPORTS .. if its in the Soaps its in our League!

Gunstar77

GAF Madden 2006 Season 1 NFC Champ
Malleymal said:
np, but gun still has a chance and no one wants him in the first round... and by the look of things I get to have a rematch against the man Ando... i will like that, then I Could melt ice right out the playoffs... this should be fun..

and quit with all the bitching guys....

G-A SPORTS .. if its in the Soaps its in our League!

Not really sure why know one wants to see me in the Playoffs? Maybe last years Madden yes but this year has been nothing but a disappointment in my play.

Fifty

I know I wouldn't want to face the Eagles in the first round. Even if your play has been sub par, they're probably the most talented team in the game and there's so much big play potential.

Nice to see Malley's spirits so high :D

its true gun. even though you finished @ .500 i felt like i was dodging bullets every play against you. only a matter of time before the walls closed in on me completely. luckily i got out alive with 2 victories, i doubt i could make it a 3rd.

Fifty

I wonder who I should take with the first pick after I win the superbowl......maybe the pats... tom brady is an underdog and I respect the underdog! .any suggestions?

Fifty said:
I wonder who I should take with the first pick after I win the superbowl......maybe the pats... tom brady is an underdog and I respect the underdog! .any suggestions?

Why not just take the Ravens again? No reason to swap one overrated defense (and offense) for another!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:

Dude you have the D thats for sure and the run game,but Wright aint carrying you to the promise land :p

Slo

6 #7 Chicago Bears (9-6-0)
---------------------------------------
7 #8 Miami Dolphins (9-6-0)
8 #19 Minnesota Vikings (8-7-0)

Well, I'm officially eliminated. I play Miami this week so if I were to beat them I'd own them via the h2h tiebreaker. But I'd need Chicago to lose, and even then Bob owns the tiebreaker over me. There's no way I can get in. :(

Newsguy, it turns out I'm busy most of today too, so we'll have to play this week like you said. Thanks for being accomidating, it just didn't work out.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
41 points....Holy Christ. 14 on ints in the last minute. I feel better after sleeping. Sure, I skipped work today, so I might be out of a job, but I do feel better.

I'll try to finish this season, but I'm out of S2. I'll try to be back for 360 though. I'll need time away from madden.

Typed on a pda, excuse the typos

edit: And i was chatty because I AM chatty. You had momentum going into the half. But that long pause between games messed me up. All game long, I couldn't run, and those Ints were messed up. Running in those last 2 picks were what pissed me off. Game was over. And I hate corner post routes. Those=automatic catch.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellie better not really be out. Not impressed that Lone is gone. I never even got to play Lone at all this season. In the past we've always had intense games (well I did throw my controller through my wall after losing to him, so it was intense on my side).

Season 2 is gonna be odd without all the regulars.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Truelize said:
Wellie better not really be out. Not impressed that Lone is gone. I never even got to play Lone at all this season. In the past we've always had intense games (well I did throw my controller through my wall after losing to him, so it was intense on my side).

:lol

Of course I am not out. Though I figure I am one in done in the playoffs, I still feel I have something to prove to the Madden elite. I'm just taking a break from online games for now and labbing with my D offline. The last game of the season, I don't really give much of a crap about, and I don't think FMT does either. We both locked up byes anyway.

All I know is I do NOT want to see Gunstar in the playoffs, like everyone else. :lol

Fifty

Truelize said:

Isn't it just Slo and Lonestar, and newsguy leaving? I've talked to both of them but apparently they get too emotional playing the game and that's why they want a break :( I wish I could get them not to not to take it that seriously. We'll keep the window open for them until the season 2 train pulls out. We'll still have over 22 people which is pretty impressive for the second season of a league where we have to enter stats in manually.

newsguy

Fifty said:
Isn't it just Slo and Lonestar, and newsguy leaving? I've talked to both of them but apparently they get too emotional playing the game and that's why they want a break :( I wish I could get them not to not to take it that seriously. We'll keep the window open for them until the season 2 train pulls out. We'll still have over 22 people which is pretty impressive for the second season of a league where we have to enter stats in manually.

I'm not sure if I am part of the emo crowd, but I'm just not playing season 2 cause I start my second job this Monday. I'll be back for the 360 league (season 3 I assume) cause by that time I'll know what my schedule will be like.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Fifty said:

I'll tell you what, I am enjoying this season a lot more now that I am not so emtionally invested. Reducing the amount of time I spent practicing went a long way to that.

Fifty

newsguy said:
I'm not sure if I am part of the emo crowd, but I'm just not playing season 2 cause I start my second job this Monday. I'll be back for the 360 league (season 3 I assume) cause by that time I'll know what my schedule will be like.

Yeah, sorry about that. Anyway, my comment wasn't meaning to be negative in any way.....It's true that people can take this game too seriously (Wellie did!) and now that he's practicing less he's kicking all kinds of ass. Ramirez decided to change his attitude and now he's playing better and enjoying the game more. Heck even I'm taking it less seriously (I'm still a freak though) Whatever Slo and Lone decide, I will support :)

newsguy

Fifty said:
Yeah, sorry about that. Anyway, my comment wasn't meaning to be negative in any way.....

No worries, I don't take offense to it. I'm one of the "pissed for an hour and over it after lunch" types. This league is lots of fun and it's the first time I've played human opposition in a football game in years. It's helped my offline game incredibly and there's no way I'm passing up a 360 season. Here's a song for the emo's: http://emosong.ytmnd.com/

Rorschach

JayFro said:
Sorry Rorsch, I was filling out the stats and Lone was kind enough to email me the stats from the first half. Can you play tomorrow night 7pm central? I work from 9am to 6pm tomorrow and from 11am to 7pm Sunday so tomorrow would be really good schedule wise or tonight is fine.

JayFro
Sorry, didn't see this earlier. I wasn't taking a jab at you, this was because of unforseen events, so no worries. I just got home and I'm available to play tonight.

Malleymal said:
i think i will celebrate before the Broncos kick my ass (/CK)

JayFro

Banned
Lonestar said:
41 points....Holy Christ. 14 on ints in the last minute. I feel better after sleeping. Sure, I skipped work today, so I might be out of a job, but I do feel better.

I'll try to finish this season, but I'm out of S2. I'll try to be back for 360 though. I'll need time away from madden.

Typed on a pda, excuse the typos

edit: And i was chatty because I AM chatty. You had momentum going into the half. But that long pause between games messed me up. All game long, I couldn't run, and those Ints were messed up. Running in those last 2 picks were what pissed me off. Game was over. And I hate corner post routes. Those=automatic catch.

Whoa whoa, running in those last two picks was what pissed you off? The first one I ran in was when I was up 27-21 in the 4th, no way in hell am I gonna just fall to the ground with like 3-4 minutes left in the 4th and I'm only up by 6.

And you hate corner post routes? I went 9 for 22 passing in the game, not exactly a stellar performance. You were the one completing passes in double, triple, and even one time in quadruple coverage. It wasn't until I was playing 4-3 and knew the playbook that those passes started being picked off. The only INT I had that was bullshit was the last one that bounced off my guy into my other guys hands, but even in that situation you were pressured and threw the ball up between 3 of my defenders.

I didn't say there was anything wrong with you being chatty, but you were obviously in a much better mood when you were stomping me into oblivion in the first half. Anyway, I really don't see why you are so upset at this point, it's just a game, and you are going to be in the playoffs. Talk to me about being upset when you have a 4-11 record with a good team. :)

JayFro

JayFro

Banned
Rorschach said:
Sorry, didn't see this earlier. I wasn't taking a jab at you, this was because of unforseen events, so no worries. I just got home and I'm available to play tonight.

Can you play at 7:15pm central time tonight? In like 25 minutes.

JayFro

Lonestar

JayFro said:
Whoa whoa, running in those last two picks was what pissed you off? The first one I ran in was when I was up 27-21 in the 4th, no way in hell am I gonna just fall to the ground with like 3-4 minutes left in the 4th and I'm only up by 6.

And you hate corner post routes? I went 9 for 22 passing in the game, not exactly a stellar performance. You were the one completing passes in double, triple, and even one time in quadruple coverage. It wasn't until I was playing 4-3 and knew the playbook that those passes started being picked off. The only INT I had that was bullshit was the last one that bounced off my guy into my other guys hands, but even in that situation you were pressured and threw the ball up between 3 of my defenders.

No no, not on the first INT, I understand that. You just scored a TD, putting you up by 3 if I recall (was up by 4 from the FG). The first INT TD came with only 46 seconds left, not 3/4 minutes. That put you up by 10 with 45 seconds left. The 2nd INT for TD, that's the one I didn't like, and made it a total blowout. That was returned with like 15 seconds left. Knowing now, I didn't have a shot before that one, being down by 10 with 45 seconds, that's 2 scores. I should have just stayed on the ground, and gotten the game over with, with the stinging fact that it was my 2nd career game where I let the opponent come from way behind and win it in the 4th. Stares at CP...

And yes, you were 9 of 22, but alot of those completions were on double-triple coverage, on the last TD offensive drive, when I was up by 4. You were taking chunks of yards off of them. Just sucks for me, I guess. I need to throw more of them myself. The only catch I can remember being questionable, was that first TD bomb to jackson. He didn't have any room from 2 DB's, but somehow came down with it at the 1, and was tackled into the endzone. All the other passes were slants and curls, threaded in between defenses (or that one long bomb to Alexander, but it was single man coverage. And that being a LB, couldn't keep up, and Alex sprinted out to get the ball)

JayFro

Banned
Lonestar said:
No no, not on the first INT, I understand that. You just scored a TD, putting you up by 3 if I recall (was up by 4 from the FG). The first INT TD came with only 46 seconds left, not 3/4 minutes. That put you up by 10 with 45 seconds left. The 2nd INT for TD, that's the one I didn't like, and made it a total blowout. That was returned with like 15 seconds left. Knowing now, I didn't have a shot before that one, being down by 10 with 45 seconds, that's 2 scores. I should have just stayed on the ground, and gotten the game over with, with the stinging fact that it was my 2nd career game where I let the opponent come from way behind and win it in the 4th. Stares at CP...

And yes, you were 9 of 22, but alot of those completions were on double-triple coverage, on the last TD offensive drive, when I was up by 4. You were taking chunks of yards off of them. Just sucks for me, I guess. I need to throw more of them myself. The only catch I can remember being questionable, was that first TD bomb to jackson. He didn't have any room from 2 DB's, but somehow came down with it at the 1, and was tackled into the endzone. All the other passes were slants and curls, threaded in between defenses (or that one long bomb to Alexander, but it was single man coverage. And that being a LB, couldn't keep up, and Alex sprinted out to get the ball)

Well I apologize for running the last one in, but there was pretty much nobody in front of me so it didn't take much to score that one. Just for arguments sake though I'd like to point out that if not for that deep bomb to Alexander you only had 12 YAC compared to my 9 YAC. To me you were throwing tons of risky passes in coverage pretty much the entire game whether it was single or double. 2 of my 9 completions were TD passes that were under 10 yards each and another completion was to my fullback which was definitely not a corner route.

I'm not saying I don't throw those passes, but I don't know anyone in the league that doesn't throw them and I hot route all the time. My stats always come in my email and I average anywhere from 15 to 40 hot routes called per game. My only gripe would be that everyone that I've played seems to throw high on 3rd and long for some reason. :) I'm guilty of it as well but everyone will do what it takes when they want to win. Slo Force threw a corner route on me with 2 minutes left in the 4th when I was up 10-6 and it turned into a 75 yard TD. He had passed for all of 50 yards or so before that, and that one play cost me another win, no biggie though he's a tough player with an amazing defense.

The other pass you threw that I couldn't believe was one you threw in quadruple coverage over the middle to the tight end. I sent a blitz on the outside you barely got the pass of which was a lob and your tight end leaped up between like 3-4 guys and came down with it which ended up becoming that field goal.

Don't feel so bad about that loss yesterday, the Pats were on fire again in that 4-3 against Rorsch a few hours ago. I wish I would have had a better feel for the game early in the season, but I'm no Madden vet and this was my first real serious playtime against other people in Madden. Now that I start rolling and putting up a better fight the season is over and I'm skipping season 2. Hopefully I'll get a season in on the 360 with GAF.

You were probably pretty pissed as well because I'm supposed to be one of the weakest players in the league, but I really don't feel like I'm an easy win for anyone. All my worst losses came in the beginning of the season, I had one really poor game against Truelize but besides that I've been pretty solid my last 8 games or so. My loss to SloForce was by 3, I lost to Matrix by 3 in overtime, and I've had 3 solid wins over Newsguy, you, and now Rorsch. I can't wait to get a piece of Icedragon if he would ever post a message on this board. :D

Anyway, best of luck in the playoffs and hopefully I'll catch ya on 360.

Lonestar

no no, I wasn't pissed that I lost to "someone who wasn't good." I had a tough time with you EARLY this year as the bengals, and I knew you had gotten better. It really comes down to how "inevitable" that loss felt. The changing of the defense sucks, but then, if the disconnect hadn't come about, would it have been fair on your end?

Also, the depth chart "Lets put some starters on the bench" sucks. I totally forgot to resub all those guys, and I noticed after the KO you sent to me, where my returner was "Scoobey" and I have no clue who that guy was. So that first TD scored in the "2nd half" was probably against some shoddy players. STUPID FORCED DEPTH CHART! WHY MUST YOU SUCK?

JayFro

Banned
Lonestar said:
no no, I wasn't pissed that I lost to "someone who wasn't good." I had a tough time with you EARLY this year as the bengals, and I knew you had gotten better. It really comes down to how "inevitable" that loss felt. The changing of the defense sucks, but then, if the disconnect hadn't come about, would it have been fair on your end?

Also, the depth chart "Lets put some starters on the bench" sucks. I totally forgot to resub all those guys, and I noticed after the KO you sent to me, where my returner was "Scoobey" and I have no clue who that guy was. So that first TD scored in the "2nd half" was probably against some shoddy players. STUPID FORCED DEPTH CHART! WHY MUST YOU SUCK?

The depth chart thing does suck, for the Bengals they benched my speedy TE, DE, and two of my linebackers. I played through an entire game after the update and didn't realize til the end that they screwed with my defense and benched two of my stud linebackers. I couldn't figure out why the hell I couldn't stop the run, so now every Bengals game I have to sub 4 guys minimum.

I guess it wouln't have been fair on my end if I hadn't been able to pick a 4-3 and the Bengals playbook for offense, but I really wouldn't have cared. I screwed up and didn't change those things in my first two games with the Pats which I lost to Truelize and Matrix. That's just me screwing up and forgetting that I don't have the first clue how to play with a 3-4. Had the game continued that way you would have crushed me, offensively I couldn't find plays and formations I was use to and defensively I was so lost. You were 8 for 8 and I was thinking........."this is gonna be a long ass night". :)

JayFro

all you have to do is at the beginning of the game go to coach strategies, depth chart then hit "Y" then hit "yes" to the auto-reorder by ranking question. then all your best players are in at every position

JayFro

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:
all you have to do is at the beginning of the game go to coach strategies, depth chart then hit "Y" then hit "yes" to the auto-reorder by ranking question. then all your best players are in at every position

Ahhh thank you. That will fix 3 out of 4 guys, I like having Schobel in at TE though because he has 80+ speed where as my other two TE's are rated higher but are slow as hell. Thanks for the tip FMT, I wish I was playing season 2 with the Bengals I would love to see the next update if they keep rolling like they are now in real life. That would give me a nice stat boost, it's amazing you and Wellie dominate with poorly rated teams.

JayFro

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:

Yeah, I know. Just lost track after the disconnect.

DCX

DCX
Hey Drey, i'm good to play today anytime before 1:30 in the afternoon or after 11:20pm EST. I have to work today which sucks...

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
KingV,you free to play our final game sometime tonight?

Hey JayFro, sorry to respond to your post so late, I hadn't been home since Friday morning. I'll be able to play you on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Also I don't really have time right now to look through but wheres Drey?
Drey if you read this, I'll play you on Tuesday also.

Matrix

KingV said:
Sure, but I'd like to play it sooner rather than later

Ok,what time would you like to play? I'm free starting at 4 pm eastern time.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:(

My offense giving up more points than my defense now.

Giants have the turnover bug and you can't win like that.

I will be easy pickings in the playoffs, see you guys in round 2!

Matrix

KingV said:
How about 4 eastern time?

Ok sure,I'll be on xbox live then.

Top Bottom