• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
King,Ill be a little late.

I'll be on by 4:10,sorry.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
King can we delay it a little longer,my stros just tied their playoff game up 6-6 going to extra innings.

I'll play as soon as its over.

Matrix

Thats ok,we will get this game in.

Drey1082

iceDragon7 said:
Hey JayFro, sorry to respond to your post so late, I hadn't been home since Friday morning. I'll be able to play you on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Also I don't really have time right now to look through but wheres Drey?
Drey if you read this, I'll play you on Tuesday also.

I'm here, whenever you want to play.

AZ Greg

Yo Fifty I'm back. I sent you a message on AIM but got your away message. I can play anytime in the next hour or so. If not then we can play tomm.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
AZYUMA86 said:
Yo Fifty I'm back. I sent you a message on AIM but got your away message. I can play anytime in the next hour or so. If not then we can play tomm.

Let me know when you want to play our game after you play fifty

JayFro

Banned
iceDragon7 said:
Hey JayFro, sorry to respond to your post so late, I hadn't been home since Friday morning. I'll be able to play you on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Also I don't really have time right now to look through but wheres Drey?
Drey if you read this, I'll play you on Tuesday also.

Ice,

Any chance you can play Tuesday night 9:45pm central time? I work til 9pm that night.

JayFro

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I finished the season is style winning 4 of my last 5 games. Too bad I couldn't put together any kind of game before I had no chance for a playoff spot.

Here's hoping for a better season 2 for the Falcons.

lets finish these last few games up so the playoffs can start! here are the remaining games that need to be played:

Arizona Cardinals at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
San Diego Chargers at Green Bay Packers
New York Jets at Cincinnati Bengals
Carolina Panthers at Dallas Cowboys
Seattle Seahawks at Detroit Lions
Pittsburgh Steelers at Chicago Bears
Houston Texans at New Orleans Saints
Minnesota Vikings at Miami Dolphins

Colts at Jets

also, it's going to literally come down to the game between azyuma and coldblooded to see who gets into the playoffs. here are some of the possibilities in the league:

IF azyuma beats cold:

* azyuma and gunstar get into the playoffs. coldblooded is out because it comes down to record against common opponents. Azyuma would be the #5 seed, philly the #6.

IF coldblooded beats azyuma:

* cb and gunstar are in the playoffs. azyuma is out.

IF the cowboys win and the seahawks lose:

* the cowboys win the division and are the #3 seed

If the cowboys lose or the seahawks win:

* Seahawks win the division, #3 seed

it's coming down to it!

and JUST so there is no mistakes, observe these official nfl playoff matchup rules that we will be playing by!

Wild Card Round:

#3 seed Vs. #6 seed
#4 seed Vs. #5 seed

#1 & #2 seeds get byes

Divisional Round

Lowest ranked seed remaining @ #1 seed
Other wildcard winner @ #2 seed

Conference Championship

Lowest seed remaining @ Highest seed remaining

Superbowl

FINAL 2!!!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FMT, I might be wrong, but if I lose and HG wins, I think I still get the division (at 8-8 WOOO :/ ) We split our 2 games (same score 17-14), I'm 5-2 in Division, he's 5-3. I'm 6-5 in conference, he's 5-7. I'm playing a divisional opponent, he's playing out of conference opponent.

So, if I lose, and he wins, we still have our split, we tie in Division at 5-3, that would make me 6-6 in conference, but he's still 5-7. Is there another tie breaker somewhere? All in all, it's WAY to close of a race ;) Heck, HG probably deserves to go more than me, after the last 2 "games".

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I think your confusion is because of my confusion. I thought the tie breakers were head to head > division record > conference record. Fifty pointed out a few pages back that it's head to head, division, common opponents.

I am anxious for the playoffs. Yesterday I began labbing some plays against CP without letting him know. Some worked, some didn't. My offense will be firing on all cylinders and it looks like my championship D is back in top form. I feel bad for whoever matches up with me first!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
When do I play my first playoff game??? :D

You all need to check my defensive stats for my last game of the season.

"Off the Chain"!!!

Hey a guys gotta be proud of something.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wellington said:
I think your confusion is because of my confusion. I thought the tie breakers were head to head > division record > conference record. Fifty pointed out a few pages back that it's head to head, division, common opponents.

I am anxious for the playoffs. Yesterday I began labbing some plays against CP without letting him know. Some worked, some didn't. My offense will be firing on all cylinders and it looks like my championship D is back in top form. I feel bad for whoever matches up with me first!

It's about freakin time you say it like it is man.

*tear* I'm so proud of you. They grow up so fast

Andokuky

Banned
Lonestar said:
FMT, I might be wrong, but if I lose and HG wins, I think I still get the division (at 8-8 WOOO :/ ) We split our 2 games (same score 17-14), I'm 5-2 in Division, he's 5-3. I'm 6-5 in conference, he's 5-7. I'm playing a divisional opponent, he's playing out of conference opponent.

So, if I lose, and he wins, we still have our split, we tie in Division at 5-3, that would make me 6-6 in conference, but he's still 5-7. Is there another tie breaker somewhere? All in all, it's WAY to close of a race ;) Heck, HG probably deserves to go more than me, after the last 2 "games".

What it comes down to for you guys since you are in the same division is common opponents since you are all tied everywhere else. Maybe I'm wrong but I saw these 3 common opponents on your schedules:

Bengals
Dolphins
Panthers

Seattle is 8-7 and beat Cincinatti but lost to Miami and Carolina, making you 1-2 amongst these common opponents.

Dallas is 7-8 and beat Cincinatti and lost to Miami. They play Carolina in week 17 and if they win, they move to 8-8 with a 2-1 record amongst these common opponents. Therefore if they win and you lose, Seattle misses out on the division due to the common opponents tiebreaker.

Andokuky

Banned
Wow that does kind of suck. If you played 2 different people as Carolina I would think those games should be disqualified as they are not "common opponents" in that case.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Lonestar said:
Just get Matrix to play HG last game, and everythings solved ;)

I was actually coming here to suggest the very same thing.

It's all good with me if Matrix playing helps prevent a tie-break nightmare for the playoffs.

hgplayer1

:lol how about i just lose the last game and make it simple?

I didnt even realize I was still in the hunt after the Eagles won their final game. I dont care who I play its all the same to me. I should be able to play some time tonight but Ill have to post later to give my exact availability.

just dont make my game the game of the week. both times my game has been gotw Ive lost. too much pressure.

Rorschach

hgplayer1 said:
:lol how about i just lose the last game and make it simple?

I didnt even realize I was still in the hunt after the Eagles won their final game. I dont care who I play its all the same to me. I should be able to play some time tonight but Ill have to post later to give my exact availability.

just dont make my game the game of the week. both times my game has been gotw Ive lost. too much pressure.
I don't think there are going to be anymore awards.

DJ_Tet

Banned
Week 8 vs NEW ORLEANS SAINTS W 52-3

I am the prophet.

Anyway, no reason to replay games at this point ;)

I'm willing to play tonight, whatever the commishes say is good with me.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
is there a way that we can forfeit our game if we know that we dont have a chance at beating them??? Let me know FMT... I have Ando and well... I dont want to waste his time... thanks a bunch...

Andokuky

Banned
Malleymal said:
is there a way that we can forfeit our game if we know that we dont have a chance at beating them??? Let me know FMT... I have Ando and well... I dont want to waste his time... thanks a bunch...

I haven't even played Madden since my week 17 game. I don't remember how to play. Go easy on me, week 1 was a fluke.

What button passes again?

Matrix

:lol

I dont want to use the Panthers again :( Trust me I didnt play so hot with them last game Lonestar,HG would most likely be getting a free win if he played me or an easier win then playing DJ at this point.

KingV,when would you like to beat my Texans? I'm free starting from 9 pm eastern time.

Arizona Cardinals at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
San Diego Chargers at Green Bay Packers
New York Jets at Cincinnati Bengals
Carolina Panthers at Dallas Cowboys
Seattle Seahawks at Detroit Lions
Pittsburgh Steelers at Chicago Bears
Houston Texans at New Orleans Saints
Minnesota Vikings at Miami Dolphins

Colts at Jets
---------------------

the bolded games must be played before we can start the playoffs! come on fellas, only one final game left! lets speed it up so i can get all the matchup items ready and so those of us who are playing a season 2 can get prepared for that as well!

Fifty

Listen to FMT people! We're slowing down now but we should be speeding up! We're almost there...

DCX said:
....i can't believe i missed out on a 1000 yard season with McGahee by one yard!!!

DCX

I could lend you 100 of Jamal's yards and I'd still have 2000 :D

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
Listen to FMT people! We're slowing down now but we should be speeding up! We're almost there...

I could lend you 100 of Jamal's yards and I'd still have 2000 :D
....way to put things into perspective...by the way, when are we getting Week 15 awards and new rankings? Any word on season ending awards?

DCX

KingV

Matrix said:
:lol

I dont want to use the Panthers again :( Trust me I didnt play so hot with them last game Lonestar,HG would most likely be getting a free win if he played me or an easier win then playing DJ at this point.

KingV,when would you like to beat my Texans? I'm free starting from 9 pm eastern time.

Matrix I should be around about 9 EST if you want to play then.

Fifty

DCX said:
....way to put things into perspective...by the way, when are we getting Week 15 awards and new rankings? Any word on season ending awards?

DCX

Season ending awards will be done (obviously) shortly after the season is over. I've been really busy and haven't had the urge to do the week 15 awards (week 16 is almost done too)
I guess if people demand them we can do week 16 ones, but in trying to get the season done, week 15 will be overlooked.

Right now the rankings don't matter much anyway ;p You're either in the playoffs or you're not ;) We will have year end rankings I think, and season 2 preseason rankings for sure, unlike in season 1 when we didn't do that.

Also, team selection will probably open up as soon as everyone is done playing, so there's another incentive to finish your games.

Matrix

KingV said:
Matrix I should be around about 9 EST if you want to play then.

Yea thats good,Ill double check with you on aim at 9.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Fifty said:
Season ending awards will be done (obviously) shortly after the season is over. I've been really busy and haven't had the urge to do the week 15 awards (week 16 is almost done too)
I guess if people demand them we can do week 16 ones, but in trying to get the season done, week 15 will be overlooked.

Right now the rankings don't matter much anyway ;p You're either in the playoffs or you're not ;)

Not for the NFC WildCard. It all comes down to my game with Azyuma to decide who makes the wildcard. We are gonna play tomorrow. THE PRESSURE!

Fifty

Oh I know, there are a few important games left...I just mean that the season is over for most of you and the week 15 rankings are pretty pointless.s

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
DCX said:
....i can't believe i missed out on a 1000 yard season with McGahee by one yard!!!

DCX

I missed having two 1000 yard rushers by 33 yards. :( Way to go Fumbly McGee. Fumbling away that dream, and the hopes of a perfect season in two consecutive games.

Top Bottom