• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

DMczaf

vune_pologne_040510_afp.jpg

JayFro

Banned
Rorschach said:
I'm tired of staring at my buddy list and refreshing this thread. :lol
Maybe we can play tomorrow, Jayfro. My eyes are heavy.

Sorry Rorsch, I was filling out the stats and Lone was kind enough to email me the stats from the first half. Can you play tomorrow night 7pm central? I work from 9am to 6pm tomorrow and from 11am to 7pm Sunday so tomorrow would be really good schedule wise or tonight is fine.

JayFro

Lonestar said:
emailed them, but I think I'm done. I'm gonna let a ringer take the Seahawks from here on. I can't take that shit, I shouldn't be this pissed off, but I am.

Thanks for fucking with the playoffs. Hopefully you aren't allowed in season 2 and beyond.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
JayFro said:
hug2_small.jpg

I'm just not that secure in my manhood :lol

"THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE NOW"
dd09.jpg

JayFro

Banned
Cerebral Palsy said:
Thanks for fucking with the playoffs. Hopefully you aren't allowed in season 2 and beyond.

Take it easy on him man, he was up 21-3 right before half, I ran back a kickoff for a TD so it's 21-10 he's up. I kickoff with 15 seconds left in the second quarter he returns it and the game discos as I'm making the tackle. At this point I hadn't done squat on offense and he could do no wrong. We resume and agree to play 2 more quarters I receive and pick the bengals offensive playbook and a 4-3 defense. It was like night and day all of the sudden, he throws 3 INT's and I return two of them for scores. Let him chill out a bit and he'll change his mind.

JayFro

there is going to be no team switching amongst playoff teams!

lonestar i would ask as a favor to myself and everyone who has put a lot of time into the league (yourself included!) that you at least finish out the season. i know you are pissed off and i can't blame you. but it's only 1 game. you'd be surprised how pissed i was after i got freaking stomped by the colts and steelers. not comparing that to what happened to you but you are still a playoff team. even if you lost to konex and hgplayer won his final game, it would still come down to record among common opponents/conference record, which i believe you would win.

dont throw the season away over 1 game. you have the talent to run beat anyone in the playoffs and it would seriously damper the entire experience if you refused to play and had someone else take over.

so again i would ask that you just take some time to relax, i know its frustrating but we would love to have you play out the season (and be in season 2 if you are up for it!)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
And how would you feel if you embarrassed yourself in front of Company. Grandma assuridly could hear my "holy fucking christ", "MOTHERFUCKING BALLS" and "FUCKTASTIC RETARDS."

Because that's exactly what I did.

JayFro

Banned
Lonestar said:
And how would you feel if you embarrassed yourself in front of Company. Grandma assuridly could hear my "holy fucking christ", "MOTHERFUCKING BALLS" and "FUCKTASTIC RETARDS."

I'm sorry but jesus......... :lol :lol :lol

I thought I heard Grandma say "Throw the ball Hasselfucker!"

JayFro

Banned
One of the funniest parts was at the end of the game he types this message on the screen.

"SU"

So I say into the mic "What does that mean?"

Next line

"Bullshlllshsllsllslslslsl"

+1 for the Madden profanity filter. :lol

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
JayFro said:
One of the funniest parts was at the end of the game he types this message on the screen.

"SU"

So I say into the mic "What does that mean?"

Next line

"Bullshlllshsllsllslslslsl"

+1 for the Madden profanity filter. :lol
:lol :lol :lol I would have been rolling :lol

JayFro

Banned
ColdBlooded33 said:
:lol :lol :lol I would have been rolling :lol

Dude I was dying, I can't even imagine if he had put the headset back on. When we resumed the game he was all chatty and shit knowing he would continue to destroy me in the second half, I muted myself and kept the headeset on because I always playwith it on and he told me he was gonna take his off. So obviously he did, but when he typed that with like 8 seconds left in the game I about had a heart attack I was laughing so hard.

JayFro

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Defensive change and playbook change = forfeit in my book.

Lone didn't even get to play the same opponent/team.

JayFro

Banned
I felt a little bad in a way because #1 he was nice enough after week 2 or so to play a practice game with me and help me offensively and #2 because he is obviously pissed enough that he's considering leaving the league as the playoffs are about to begin. Hopefully he returns and storms through the playoffs.

Icedragon,

When can you play our week 16 game? Rudi is ready :)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Lonestar said:

LMAO :lol

JayFro

Banned
Truelize said:
Defensive change and playbook change = forfeit in my book.

Lone didn't even get to play the same opponent/team.

Lucky for you I fucked up and forgot to choose 4-3 and the Bengals playbook against you as well. :)

Matrix

JayFro said:
Lucky for you I fucked up and forgot to choose 4-3 and the Bengals playbook against you as well. :)

Lucky for me...you're cursed against me :D

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
JayFro said:

Probably. Not that your record with the Bengals is so outstanding though. But if you knew what you were doing with the Pats better anyone would have been screwed playign against them.

JayFro

Banned
Matrix said:
Lucky for me...you're cursed against me :D

Yeah, you pretty much own me. You beat me 25-24 with a two point and 24-21 in overtime the last one. For some reason I just can't put you away in the 4th quarter.

JayFro

JayFro

Banned
Truelize said:
Probably. Not that your record with the Bengals is so outstanding though. But if you knew what you were doing with the Pats better anyone would have been screwed playign against them.

My record IMO is a bit deceiving though, my last 4 games with the Bengals I'm 2-2. One of my losses was to Matrix in OT when I was up in the 4th quarter, and my last one was a loss to Slo Force 13-10 which I was up 10-6 in the 4th and he completes a 75 yard out route for a TD with 2 minutes left in the game. Up to that point he had passed for like 50 yards through nearly the entire game. I think I understand how to play the game better now, but all my early season losses killed me, and I'm ranked 18th in the league in stats which would put me middle of the road or so, those power rankings mean nothing to me. At one point I lost 7 games in a row.

newsguy

Lonestar said:

:lol :lol :lol New tag get!! Dude, don't even sweat it, I'm the asshole who kicked his xbox and left a semi-hole in his electrical socket when he lost to Matrix. I can guarantee that alot of guys here get fired up when they are losing, don't quit over something like that.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
yeah I hear ya. I was all over the place for the first 10 games or so. I do better now, but still get stuck sometimes.
My last game against FMT went well, he still beat me but at least I made a game out of it.

JayFro

Banned
Truelize said:
yeah I hear ya. I was all over the place for the first 10 games or so. I do better now, but still get stuck sometimes.
My last game against FMT went well, he still beat me but at least I made a game out of it.

Definitely, I think season 2 is going to be much more brutal in terms of how evenly matched everyone is. KingV has definitely come around along with you, Ramirez, and myself as we were all kind of fighting for last place in the league. Everyone has definitely gotten much better, I just wish I was able to face a few of the big dogs now that I feel like I have a better grasp on the game.

JayFro

newsguy

JayFro said:
I think I understand how to play the game better now, but all my early season losses killed me, and I'm ranked 18th in the league in stats which would put me middle of the road or so, those power rankings mean nothing to me. At one point I lost 7 games in a row.

If by"understand how to play the game better now" you mean you found the fake FB- HB toss in your playbook, then you're absolutely right. I swear you ran that play 30 times against me and nothing I did stopped that shit.

JayFro

Banned
newsguy said:
If by"understand how to play the game better now" you mean you found the fake FB- HB toss in your playbook, then you're absolutely right. I swear you ran that play 30 times against me and nothing I did stopped that shit.

It probably felt like 30 times because you coughed up 200+ yards, but notice my last 2 games rushing with Rudi? I haven't cleared 100 yards in my last two games and I've called that play in those games.

With or without that play you only scored 7 points against me :lol

newsguy

JayFro said:
It probably felt like 30 times because you coughed up 200+ yards, but notice my last 2 games rushing with Rudi? I haven't cleared 100 yards in my last two games.

With or without that play you only scored 7 points against me :lol

Twas a fluke, you lost game 1 NEVER FORGET.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
newsguy said:

:lol :lol :lol

JayFro

Banned
newsguy said:
Twas a fluke, you lost game 1 NEVER FORGET.

In game 1 I had no clue what I was doing offensively or defensively, Rudi treated you like a 3rd world whore, and Palmer threw 2 TD passes in game 2 so don't pretend it was all Rudi.

I think you went 11 for 30 passing in game 2.........

newsguy

JayFro said:
In game 1 I had no clue what I was doing offensively or defensively, Rudi treated you like a 3rd world whore.

:lol

If this 3rd world whore makes the playoffs Rudi will be picking the crabs off his nuts while he watches her in High Definition.

JayFro

Banned
newsguy said:
:lol

If this 3rd world whore makes the playoffs Rudi will be picking the crabs off his nuts while he watches her in High Definition.

It's not how you start, it's how you finish baby and stat wise you rank 17th.......I rank 18th. Right behind ya buddy.

newsguy

JayFro said:
It's not how you start, it's how you finish baby.

I'm just having fun. Your defense improved for sure. Maybe next season we'll see you in the playoffs, hopefully with a wider variety on offense.

JayFro

Banned
newsguy said:
I'm just having fun. Your defense improved for sure. Maybe next season we'll see you in the playoffs, hopefully with a wider variety on offense.

A wider variety.............whatever lets you sleep at night. :)

newsguy

JayFro said:
Good luck in the playoffs, and enjoy season 2. I'm skipping season 2 but maybe a season on 360.

JayFro

I think it may be too late for the playoffs. It seems Malley beat Bob which puts me back on the bubble :( I'm actually skipping season 2 as well, and hopefully I'll be back for season 3 on the 360.

JayFro

Banned
newsguy said:
I think it may be too late for the playoffs. It seems Malley beat Bob which puts me back on the bubble :( I'm actually skipping season 2 as well, and hopefully I'll be back for season 3 on the 360.

What happens if you, bob, and sloforce finish 9-7?

newsguy

JayFro said:
What happens if you, bob, and sloforce finish 9-7?

Not sure about bob and Slo, but bob beat me head to head so it wouldn't help me any. I think my only hope would be tying recors with Matrix which would give me the division win. Let's just put it this way, I'm prepared to play golf during the playoffs :)

Matrix

newsguy said:
Not sure about bob and Slo, but bob beat me head to head so it wouldn't help me any. I think my only hope would be tying recors with Matrix which would give me the division win. Let's just put it this way, I'm prepared to play golf during the playoffs :)

I dont think you would get the division win cause even though we finished 1-1 against eachother,I played better against people in our own division and conference....I believe I already won the division even if I lose the final game and you win yours.

Then again I'm really not sure how the hell this is all playing out with the way the divisons are sorted out.

Top Bottom