• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Cerebral Palsy said:
ShadowRed is an ass.

Ive been saying that for a couple of years now,I still dont know why FMT even let him in the league.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Slo said:
I think it's funny how confident some of us are in our abilities to analyze and compartmentalize the skill level of the other players in the league. Honestly, there's not as many rungs in the ranking ladder as most people think. I think there are probably 2-3 really "elite" players, a couple of fair/poor player, and then there's everybody else.

Don't look past people, guys. I predict that we'll be reading whiny posts about a lot of perceived upsets that weren't really upsets at all.

Not me:

Wellington said:
I think some of you guys are seriously underestimating our new players.

As I said on the previous page, I am treating everyone like they are the champ, and I will play my hardest every time.

PS: I dunno how FMT does it, but I am placing the blame on my every loss this season on the fact that I am using such a crappy team. :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
DCX said:
For those who traded in a busted Xbox did you have to include a controller? If i can i would like to keep so i can have 3 player battles whenever i get three people in my house at the same time :p

DCX

If it is busted, you don't need to give a controller.

Slo

Wellington said:
Not me:

As I said on the previous page, I am treating everyone like they are the champ, and I will play my hardest every time.

PS: I dunno how FMT does it, but I am placing the blame on my every loss this season on the fact that I am using such a crappy team. :lol

Didn't necessarily mean you, just happened to post right after you. :)

newsguy

Guys, I want to say this again to avoid getting ripped like Shadowredz. Hurricane Katrina fucked up my area. I have no power, and according to Florida Power and Light, it may be quite some time before I have it back. The only place in this area is my job (a news station) which must have power to stay on the air. I could try to get online on the weekend and play my game from work, but I can all but guarantee that I won't have power at my house for at least 1-2 weeks.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
newsguy said:
Guys, I want to say this again to avoid getting ripped like Shadowredz. Hurricane Katrina fucked up my area. I have no power, and according to Florida Power and Light, it may be quite some time before I have it back. The only place in this area is my job (a news station) which must have power to stay on the air. I could try to get online on the weekend and play my game from work, but I can all but guarantee that I won't have power at my house for at least 1-2 weeks.

Whoa man. That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Good luck with everything. I'm sure everyone here will be very understanding of the situation.

Gotta say you would be freakin hardcore if you brought your xbox to work to play your games. You should get an automatic playoff bid for that. :D

Drey1082

mrbob, are you going to be around at all tonight? Looks like I was around early yesterday evening, and you were around later.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX,let me know what time is good for you to play tonight.

newsguy

Truelize said:
Whoa man. That sucks. Sorry to hear that. Good luck with everything. I'm sure everyone here will be very understanding of the situation.

Gotta say you would be freakin hardcore if you brought your xbox to work to play your games. You should get an automatic playoff bid for that. :D

lol. We bring in games sometimes on weekends if it's slow. Tonight they will announce the estimated time it will take to fix power around here. If game 2 is unlocked by sat or sun, then I can play that game from work and hope that the power is back before game 3.

Rorschach

newsguy said:
lTonight they will announce the estimated time it will take to fix power around here.
Did they make you "stay tuned" 'till "News at 11" to find out?

"New virus unleashed in town. Only one way to get a vaccine...tune in at 11."

newsguy

Rorschach said:
Did they make you "stay tuned" 'till "News at 11" to find out?

"New virus unleashed in town. Only one way to get a vaccine...tune in at 11."

In this case I wish they did. Unfortunately in hurricanes we have to work 12 hour shifts (with about 7 hours of downtime in between shifts). So the news us continuous for about 60 hours.

guys i know the deadline is tuesday, but lets try to finish this week off as soon as possible so newsguy can get his game in.... and because everyone is hungry for week 2!

newsguy

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys i know the deadline is tuesday, but lets try to finish this week off as soon as possible so newsguy can get his game in.... and because everyone is hungry for week 2!

No worries. They just announced that 90% of the area will have power by tuesday so it should be cool.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
DCX,let me know what time is good for you to play tonight.
I will ready by like 8pm. I have alot of things to finish up on my end, plus i have to trasnfer over all my saves etc...pain in the neck, but 8pm if that's good for you.

DCX

Matrix

*nothing here*

Matrix

DCX said:
I will ready by like 8pm. I have alot of things to finish up on my end, plus i have to trasnfer over all my saves etc...pain in the neck, but 8pm if that's good for you.

DCX

Yea 8 pm eastern time is good,I'll be on live then.

PS- I have no mic and thats to anyone who plays me this year,I dont plan on buying a new mic till xbox 360 comes out.

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
Yea 8 pm eastern time is good,I'll be on live then.

PS- I have no mic and thats to anyone who plays me this year,I dont plan on buying a new mic till xbox 360 comes out.
awesome! see you then.

DCX

Matrix

DCX,you're the home team so you have to challenge.

Also just to remind you 5 mins quarters,all-pro,unranked.

Slo

Just got beat by DM. Didn't think I played that bad, except for the 2nd quarter where I shanked 2 punts and gave him great field position.

GG.

DMczaf

Alex Smith carried my drunken offensive ass to that win :lol

082005_smith41.jpg

Matrix

I have a feeling im going to get beat bad tonight or choke,one of the two :(

JayFro

Banned
Good game Lone, I'm an idiot for not calling fair catch on that punt return and that INT for a TD absolutely killed me. Didn't matter much though because I couldn't stop the run to save my life. Well done.

JayFro

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Good lord, those 2 pass plays will haunt me for the rest of the night. I swear, I was shitting bricks thinking "ahh crap, I don't have anyone fast enough to keep up with Johnson!"

But Defensive TD's and Run game will overcome...sometimes.

GG, and your Run D is alot tougher than you think. You had me stumped the first half.

jayfro, your stats look good except for a few issues (most of which i fixed):

1. you didn't put down your Yards After Catch (YAC) stats for your WR's
2. you didn't put down who caught your passing TD's
3. you put down that you had 8 punt return td's
4. you put thornton as having 4 tackles for loss, but your team only had 4 in total

none of those are big deals but keep an eye on them for the next time. i know the punt return thing is especially confusing because you would figure it'd go punt returns then yards etc but ea has it setup differently. let me know if you have any questions about any of this

Matrix

GG DCX,damn that game was all about D....Im shocked I didnt choke at the end.

If I didnt have a running game,my god :(

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
GG DCX,damn that game was all about D....Im shocked I didnt choke at the end.

If I didnt have a running game,my god :(
Yeah..been a while since i played, i had one good drive, that's it...wish i had more drives, i didn't get in range not even for FGs, great game.

DCX

is everyone still cool with the 5 minute quarters? i still feel like it's too short. i'm glancing over the week 1 games and offenses are averaging about 35-45 plays per game. that is pretty low, but if everyone still feels 5 mins is fine i have no problems

Fifty

As I've said to FMT before..there may be fewer plays than in real life, but the individual stats are coming out realistically overall. Of course we could go to 6 if people wanted it, but I feel games + stat recording takes long enough as is, and since we're getting (mostly) realistic results.. Speak up if you disagree though.

Matrix

I'm cool with the 5 mins quarters Fmt,I can only deal with the cone for so long :p

Yea servers are down :(

hgplayer1

is there anyway to reformat the stats layout on the site to match exactly the way they appear in the game as you view them? I think thats one thing that would make it a little easier.

Top Bottom