• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

the *NEW* Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season I: F U EA (Now with poll!)

Do you want 5 minute quarters, or 6 minute quarters?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Andokuky

Banned
Malley wanna play tonight? I get off work at 7pm and won't have much of a shot to play again until Sunday after 9pm. I could also play tomorrow before about 12:30pm CST also.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Mrbob said:
rock02.jpg

WHO is this roody poo?

Does someone in my division think he is going to be the champ? Oh hell no! The champ is here!

rock2.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I dont know how you guys predict your own records and put Losses in there..... true champs never predict a loss .... !! where is the confidence?? half of you are out of the game before you even play it... its disgusting!!!!!

PS

Im going 16-0

Slo

And the flip side of that is that predicting wins makes you over confident and underprepared when you think you've got the game in the bag. See: Minnesota Vikings vs any division opponent in the last 20 years (excluding the Favre glory years).

DCX

DCX
I'm hoping to get my XBOX tomorrow, and as far as predictions go...i think i could make the playoffs. 10-6 11-5 depends how much my offesnse matures...

DCX

Rorschach

Malleymal said:
I dont know how you guys predict your own records and put Losses in there..... true champs never predict a loss .... !! where is the confidence?? half of you are out of the game before you even play it... its disgusting!!!!!

PS

Im going 16-0
I'm a realist. :D

I was actually giving myself slightly more credit than I deserve :p

Except for the Lone games!

Cheesiest.jpg

The cheese train is coming for you, buddy!

Well if it helps any, since I got madden it's the first time I have ever heard the cd load or make as much noise as it does. At first I was wondering what it was when I found it it was my game making so much noise in the tray. Might be madden...

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Malleymal said:

PS

Im going 16-0

I'm with Slo on this one. I go in this year to every game as the underdog... which has actually been the outcome of most of my games. I go down a TD or two early until the second half, wtf.

I'm not making a prediction, as I don't feel I have my Madden 2006 legs under me, but I do know I will lose at least twice to a division opponent. :(

DCX

DCX
Malleymal said:
^^^^ seriously, and I was reading on other boards about the same thing..... should we look into this..
....hmmm...you think that the Madden game has something to do with it? I mean i was really having much of a problem with my XBOX until recently to be honest...i mean i knew it was going to go sooner or later.

DCX

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Don't know. My ethernet port on the Xbox went out, but I've had thunder and lightning storms every afternoon. The machine worked, but wouldn't get online. I know someone's just stopped working period.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DCX,whats the update status on you getting a new xbox before week one is over? Should FMT just go ahead and make me face a sub in for your team?

Also have you called eb or gamestop and checked if they take busted xboxs for trade in?

DCX

DCX
Matrix said:
DCX,whats the update status on you getting a new xbox before week one is over? Should FMT just go ahead and make me face a sub in for your team?

Also have you called eb or gamestop and checked if they take busted xboxs for trade in?
Here's the latest: I got a ride tomorrow (as of today, hopfully she doesn't back off) to go to EB around 2PM. I have to spend some time with girl, i haven't seen her in a while. I'm assuming sometime that night i should have my memory ported etc and should be ready for my game. I did speak to EB about taking the defective XBOX and they will give me $25 for it, which is good since it doesn't work :) The only thing left for me to decide is to get a NEW Xbox or a used one (and risk being in this situation again) Either way, i will be ready for our game tomorrow night. I will update more as i know it, i should know exact times and stuff tomorrow.

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Ok cool,good stuff :)

$25 aint bad for a broken Xbox,I think I'll get rid of my old busted one too.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
they will give you 25 bucks... get a refurbished one with the year warranty for 15 bux... I am mad because it is sooo close to X360 and it seems like a plan to get more money in before X360....

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Lonestar said:
Madden has wiped out at least 4 of our Xbox's this year. WTF?

NCAA wiped out mine, almost. It came back, then it died again a couple of days ago, but now it is working!!!! For now.

newsguy

I'm glad I played game 1 yesterday or I would've been in trouble. The hurricane knocked out my power, and if the last hurricane is any indication, it will be out for quite some time. I gotta work 12 hour shifts until this thing passes so I'll be online from work.

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
Hrm...I might too...hopefully they pay that much for my broken launch day one. :\

They will. They gave me $25 for my launch day, Disk tray stuck outside the shell, Xbox.

i predict i will lose my opening game to gunstar, just like i did in season 2 last year, and then go on a huge winning streak to seal my superbowl appearance just like last year!

Matrix

Nope,not on my end.

Fifty

Shadowred....you gave Robert Gallery and your center defensive sacks (2 for gallery and one for the center) now I know they weren't playing on defense....and we're not doing blocking stats, so I removed those.....Thanks for doing your stats but in the future don't record blocking sacks/pancakes.

Lonestar

Jayfro, whenever you're ready to play, I've got to about 11:15 pm EST. AIM Mike31820 XBL Lonestar 1979

Rorschach

Wellington said:
GG Rorschach. Only had 208 yards of offense total. Fuck the Patriots!
Uh...that's because you weren't on the field for offense much and when you were, the ball was given to you at the endzone. :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
damn shame of a game, although this is how my championship season started last time, I am rather upset with the way my boys couldnt hold onto the ball... Dante fumbling on my own 10 yd line really gave the game away... not to mention countless ints.. its my year, it just not going to be pretty... ........

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Looks like your not gonna be on tonight ramirez so ill ill play you sometime tomorrow.

Edit: Didnt see your last post.
AIM:TheColdOne33

Andokuky

Banned
That injury to Brandon on the first play of the game sucked. My halfbacks and WR's kept cycling into the FS spot when my reserve FS would get tired so every time I got the ball back and wanted to run, Bell and Griffin were out due to exhaustion and Dayne was my only option. If I wanted to pass, Rod Smith was out because he'd just played FS for a few plays. Even my tight end lined up back there a couple times, luckily you ran the ball both times :lol

JayFro

Banned
Lonestar said:
Jayfro, whenever you're ready to play, I've got to about 11:15 pm EST. AIM Mike31820 XBL Lonestar 1979

Lonestar,

I see your schwartz as is big as mine. Oops, sorry about that. Seriously though, I can play tomorrow pretty much after 4pm central time through 9pm or so. Let me know if that works for ya, sorry about not being on today but I had a busy day at work and a long night.

JayFro

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Personal reasons:lol That's kinda like every celebrity checking themselves in a hospital for exhaustion and every NBA player that goes on the IR having back problems. :lol

Fifty

:lol

I don't know why he left....and he's banned from GA so the secret will be buried forever!

Btw....great recap Andokuky, props to you for writing that up. That's the difference this year in our league...what'll make it the best. I'll do one after my second game and I can only hope I'll put half as much work into it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Oh no, now I have to play Ror again? :(

Shiat, I've been bitten by the Madden League bug. All I am thinking about is my next game. Such a detriment to my work day!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Wee, WEEK 3 CHEESE ATTACK.

Are we going to get replacement games for Shadow?

Hrm? Rors is taking over the Raiders, and if what they were talking about before is true, different players will play as the Patriots. The person using them being chosen based on the skill level of the person playing against them.

Just gotta make sure that they don't contend for a playoff spot. :lol

Also: Who didn't see ShadowRed quitting coming?

Slo

I think it's funny how confident some of us are in our abilities to analyze and compartmentalize the skill level of the other players in the league. Honestly, there's not as many rungs in the ranking ladder as most people think. I think there are probably 2-3 really "elite" players, a couple of fair/poor player, and then there's everybody else.

Don't look past people, guys. I predict that we'll be reading whiny posts about a lot of perceived upsets that weren't really upsets at all.

DCX

DCX
For those who traded in a busted Xbox did you have to include a controller? If i can i would like to keep so i can have 3 player battles whenever i get three people in my house at the same time :p

DCX

Lonestar

Slo's trying to get us down, IGNORE!

So we take turns as playing as the Patty's? If so, I call dibs on playing against Ror with them! I'll bring the Sharp Chedda to the Raida's.

Top Bottom