• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

The Skater said:
Put your save on a USB flash drive and then delete from your PS3. Then start a new save to get the trophies with and once you're done, delete that save and restore your old one from the USB stick.

Ah. Was fearing that I'd have to jump through such hoops once more.

Thanks for the confirmation!

AnonymousNoob said:
I hate to be that guy, but is it even possible to earn the 3x Nighthawk and/or Calvary Horn Jump trophies?

Toy cars fail to compute. I'm in a race with the toy WTR and I'm being outrun by the toy GT Concept?

Not only that, but during said race, I finished second and still got the trophy for winning a race with a toy car.
re: the horn, you have to actually be in the area around Silver Lake to get it to work.

crispyben

bune duggy said:
re: the horn, you have to actually be in the area around Silver Lake to get it to work.
Yeah, it says so in the trophy description. The 3x Burnout with the Nighthawk is still broken though, as long as you got the previously existing identical trophy. The only way is the one described above.

Sh0k

Finally got all 400 smashes, I'm missing some Super Jumps and a couple of billboards. I tried using the car you win when you get all 400 smashes, but after driving for so many days with the toy cars, it's hard to go back to the regular cars. Some of the Toy cars have so much grip and doing the races challenges with the toy cars is super hard, the toy cars are like little maniacs driving (it makes me feel familiar with real life Miami's way of driving :lol )

crispyben

From the Playstation Store 03/12/09 thread,

► Out This Week (known)
○ Qore 10 ( Burnout Paradise Big Surf Island shown )

How/when can non-subscribers see this? :D

EDIT: from the preview:

s33d45.jpg

28grom8.jpg

2cxz247.jpg

Baron

I got the Paradise Award for 100% Power Parking yesterday. Now I've only got two more left - the 40x multiplier stunt run, and the 360 flatspin. I don't know how or why, but I've put over 100 hours in the game and have never gotten the hang of flatspins. Can anyone give me advice on them? What exactly is a flatspin again?

crispyben

Baron said:
I got the Paradise Award for 100% Power Parking yesterday. Now I've only got two more left - the 40x multiplier stunt run, and the 360 flatspin. I don't know how or why, but I've put over 100 hours in the game and have never gotten the hang of flatspins. Can anyone give me advice on them? What exactly is a flatspin again?
Flatspins are easy, just jump off any big drop-off and e-brake right before you take air while steering to the left or the right, and do not release the e-brake and the stick before you land. You'll flatspin depending on your momentum and timing. Popular spots for flatspins are the quarry and the dam.

For stunt runs, let me dig one of my previous posts on the topic... Here: It should be much easier with the sluggish timer pie introduced by the V1.60 update. Don't go too fast, boost a split-second (or reverse) to reset the timer pie, head to a place where you can rack up multipliers (South Bay Expressway, Rockridge Dam, Lone Peaks Quarry, Railway Tracks), flat spin at every occasion for reverse air, don't be too greedy with barrel rolls, plot your course and repeat it, take breaks. That's how got my 40x multiplier Paradise Award.

crispyben

Prices have been revealed for today's pack, and it's not good news:

Burnout Paradise Boost Specials Collection
$7.99 / €7.99 / £5.99 / 640 MS

Carson Extreme Hot Rod
$4.99 / €4.99 / £3.99 / 400 MS

Montgomery Hawker Mech

Wasn't it 400 MS for the pack and 240 each when they leaked? I can now see the Island being €15...

Baron

crispyben said:

Carson Extreme Hot Rod

Montgomery Hawker Mech

Wasn't it 400 MS for the pack and 240 each when they leaked? I can now see the Island being €15...

That means they'll probably sell for $6 to 7 USD for both on PSN. Meh. I don't know if I'll bite, but I will say this - I enjoy the Toy Cars far more than I expected. I downloaded one just to try it out, never intending to ever pay $12 for all of them, and loved it so much that I bought two more and may buy one of the two multi-toy-car packs now. The P12 Toy is hella fun to drive around. The Toy Firehawk motorcycle...not so much. So maybe I'll bite on these cars. Also, in general, as long as they're not too unreasonably priced, I love buying new cars. :D

Gowans

crispyben said:

Carson Extreme Hot Rod

Montgomery Hawker Mech

Holy shit that is so much, any reason why, game changing etc?

if not its almost worth a new thread.

Mar

Gowans007 said:

Gowans007
Has the worst ideas ever
(Today, 08:32 PM)
Reply | Quote

I try to like you because you have an Amiga avatar. But man, you really do make the worst threads.

crispyben said:

It looks like the price went up

quick google search

http://kotaku.com/5156396/burnout-paradise-toy-cars-boost-specials-drop-early

The Boost Specials pack listed at 400

http://www.*******.com/2009/03/09/criterion-reveals-boost-specials-collection-for-this-thursday/

joy stick

The Boost Specials Collection DLC features two cars -- the Hawker Mech and the Carson Extreme Hotrod -- priced at 240 ($3) each. You can buy both in a single download for 400 ($5)

http://www.operationburnout.com/paradise/toy-cars-boost-specials-released-early/

Boost Specials: 400 Points
- Hawker Mech: 240 Points
- Carson Extreme Hot Rod: 240 Points

good thing I dl'd them when they were leaked

Gowans

Mar_ said:
try to like you because you have an Amiga avatar. But man, you really do make the worst threads.

I know, thinking before posting is not my forte. What can I say I like to take about games and always try to be open, clear and honest here but Christ this is almost horse armour levels of charging.

isn't Midnight Club releasing a $10 pack today with tonnes of cars, game modes and a new areas.

Mar

Gowans007 said:
I know, thinking before posting is not my forte. What can I say I like to take about games and always try to be open, clear and honest here but Christ this is almost horse armour levels of charging.

They are certainly far too much money. But again, they aren't required for the game so buying is completely optional.

For the record, I'm not buying them.

Gowans

Mar_ said:
They are certainly far too much money. But again, they aren't required for the game so buying is completely optional.

For the record, I'm not buying them.

I know, I wont be buying them either tho I have decided I am back to enjoying Burnout more than Midnight Club (due to its difficulty) again. Which had a lot to do with the legends pack.

I just think this is gouging and some valuable discussion is to be had around it (outside of the tears from entitled people, which I hope I don't come across as one) and at least it doesn't shit up this thread with it.

but in comparison to its closes competitor in the genre this price seems crazy to me.

crispyben

Baron said:
That means they'll probably sell for $6 to 7 USD for both on PSN. Meh. I don't know if I'll bite, but I will say this - I enjoy the Toy Cars far more than I expected.
It says right there that they're $5 each and $8 both. I enjoy the Toys too, if only because my flatspin record is now more respectable :D

Gowans007 said:
Holy shit that is so much, any reason why, game changing etc? If not its almost worth a new thread.
Its is game-changing, actually, as it seems these cars are pushing the boundaries of the game, but even so, they are also pushing the boundaries of decency
(can't wait to buy them)
. Still, not worth a new thread, there's already one on the topic.

MrTroubleMaker said:
It looks like the price went up. Good thing I dl'd them when they were leaked.
Why would they do that? Maybe MS screwed up on the price too last time...

TimeLike

400 points for one single little car? Yeah, I don't think so. BP is my most played game this gen right up there with Halo3, but I am no fool.

crispyben said:
Why would they do that? Maybe MS screwed up on the price too last time...
I don't know, possibly it was just another mistake MS did with that release, or (puts on evil hat) maybe the other paid DLC is doing so well that they felt the could raise the price? I hope that's not the case. But, those cars are fun, I'll probably get them for my PSN version too.

Gowans

Took this DLC price discussion to the other thread.

One thing while I'm here, I've came to the point where it would be nice to restart events, how do I do this? I can't see the option anywhere

crispyben

Gowans007 said:
One thing while I'm here, I've came to the point where it would be nice to restart events, how do I do this? I can't see the option anywhere
The Official Burnout Paradise Thread of Press Right on the Goddamned Dpad

Seriously, the EasyDrive menu has the answer to 90% of the questions, if you don't use it you're doing it wrong! Select is for the map, Start is for saving or looking up the other players online, EasyDrive takes care of the rest.

Gowans

crispyben said:
The Official Burnout Paradise Thread of Press Right on the Goddamned Dpad

Thanks I never knew, haven't ever needed it till now and I have been conditioned to pressing Start or Back to look for these.

Thanks Guys

Gowans007 said:

Yes. They will be game changing, that's for sure.

Extreme Hot Rod will be the car to use for setting and attempting Road Rules. The handling is going to be a huge hurdle, but I can see this car going to tip the balance in favour for the people who know how powerslide and weave through traffic well.

Hawker Mech is going to be more of a utility vehicle. It's got shortened bars for all three types of boost, but the ability to switch between each other will be beneficial to some of the online events like road rage or online stunt run.

crispyben

Johnas said:
Is the island DLC just TBA at this point?
Yes it is, though there are only two announced DLC packs left (Big Surf Island and Cops 'n' Robbers), they've just shortened the interval between releases (one week instead of two) and Big Surf Island features in this month's Qore... Draw your own conclusions.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
crispyben said:

Carson Extreme Hot Rod

Montgomery Hawker Mech

They went up? Shit, I thought it was going to be $5 for both, too.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Yesterday, I unlocked the Thunder Custom, Thunder Shadow and the Hot Rod Coupe. That last one was a bitch, I kept finding it on I-88, but ended up crashing shortly afterwards trying to shut it down. I eventually punted it into the wall to get it. :D

All I need is the Kreiger Racing WTR, and I'm done with shutting down cars in the game world and can focus on getting the carbon cars. I'm 15 smashes away from getting one, if someone can help me get those, that would be awesome. :D

crispyben

Ramenman said:
Do the toy cars drive really differently from normal cars ? There's no point for me if it's the same or only a few tweaks.
There's a big difference in drifting, spinning, rolling, crashing, and they have a horn :D

edgefusion

Ramenman said:
Do the toy cars drive really differently from normal cars ?

There's no point for me if it's the same or only a few tweaks.

Only get the Toy Cars if they really grab as you being adorable or cute or whatever, otherwise you will be disappointed. Especially on the crashing front as they don't break apart or crumple whatsoever.

Returners

edgefusion said:
Only get the Toy Cars if they really grab as you being adorable or cute or whatever, otherwise you will be disappointed. Especially on the crashing front as they don't break apart or crumple whatsoever.

Yup just some paint scraping.

Dragnet

New cars up on UK store.

1. Hawker Mech is like nothing else, visually. So awesome. Seems to have better physics than any other car too...:D

2. Hot Rod kinda sucks. Way hard to control, no fun!

3. Excuse me for being stupid, but what's a timed challenge? The trophies require you to doone for the Toy Bike and Hawker Mech, but I've done Road Rules and Burning Routes with them to no avail. What's up?

crispyben

Dragnet said:
3. Excuse me for being stupid, but what's a timed challenge? The trophies require you to doone for the Toy Bike and Hawker Mech, but I've done Road Rules and Burning Routes with them to no avail. What's up?
You need to do an online timed challenge... Add me if you want.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I just bought the Ultimate Pack on PSN last night and I'm having a lot of fun with the game.

I remember reading and hearing that this supposedly looked better on the PS3. I borrowed the 360 version from a friend when the original game first came out and I remember it looking a bit better on the 360. It seemed like the lighting was a little better but, I just may not be remembering it correctly.

Were the comments about the PS3 version being the superior version overblown or does the 360 version just not look as good as I seem to remember it looking.

Anyway, I don't want to start any console wars crap, but I was just curious.

Kingpen

I'm getting the Toys R Us gift card tomorrow for buying RE5. I'm basically looking for a $20 game with no cash out of pocket more for a game and this is coming to my brain.

I have PS3 and 360. Is this better on a particular platform (graphics/Controller/sound?). I did own the game on the 360 for about 1 month until I traded it in toward some other new release.

I'm a single player only type of guy so I don't really care to go online. I will download the latest patches to get the event restart patch and the bikes.

BeeDog

Kingpen said:
I'm getting the Toys R Us gift card tomorrow for buying RE5. I'm basically looking for a $20 game with no cash out of pocket more for a game and this is coming to my brain.

I have PS3 and 360. Is this better on a particular platform (graphics/Controller/sound?). I did own the game on the 360 for about 1 month until I traded it in toward some other new release.

I'm a single player only type of guy so I don't really care to go online. I will download the latest patches to get the event restart patch and the bikes.

Then get the PS3 version, since it allows you to copy your save to a USB stick, upload it to http://www.burnoutteamrocks.com/ and check what collectibles you're missing.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Kingpen said:

PS3 is the way to go. It has a more faithful online community, trophies for all the add-on content packs that are free and DLC (which the 360 doesn't have) and a nifty web browser that people either seem to love or hate.

Performance wise it ran better on the PS3, but I think the last few patches has brought the 360 up to par.

Top Bottom