• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

edgefusion

Sooo... against all my better judgement I went for it and bought the Toy Car pack. I don't feel totally conned.... the toy cars are very cute, but one thing I will say; they don't deform or break apart when you crash and that sucks.

edgefusion said:
Sooo... against all my better judgement I went for it and bought the Toy Car pack. I don't feel totally conned.... the toy cars are very cute, but one thing I will say; they don't deform or break apart when you crash and that sucks.
True. I was almost expecting there to be a content patch today. I've had the Toy cars for a few weeks now, and there are quite a few problems with them.

Smashing them head on into oncoming on the Highway is not a problem, and even though they are toy cars, they seem to have the same weight and density as the normal cars. Making them much much harder to takedown online.

ICallItFutile said:
Okay, how do you start events online with two people? My friend and I couldn't figure it out.
I'm assuming you know how to invite them into your room. For host, hit the D-Pad to bring up the menu, look for Freeburn challenge.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
ICallItFutile said:
Hey me and a friend are going to play Burnout once he finishes the 1.7 update. If anyone is interested my gamertag is the same as my username.
Playing Crackdown
Co-op Campaign Running around Los Muertos

Puck

Banned
The Tempesta GT sucks. The understeer is horrible!

I think the GT2400 is way better, but the P12 is better than both. I unlock the Opus soon so it doesn't really matter, but i really hate the Tempesta.

fernoca

Soo....
Last time I played Paradise was on the 360...

Recently, downloaded 'The Ultimate Box' on the PS3, through the PSN...then after 3 patches... noticed quite a few changes in lighting and some other special effects and stuff....new Criterion logo, the store, website...

Is there a list with all the updates added?

Ashour

Puck said:
Is there a 'jump to junkyard' feature yet too?

I really want that, much more than i wanted restart races.

You could reload your last save (it auto saves after anything you do in the game) and that will take you to the Junkyard.

Puck

Banned
Thanks, will do a reload.

I have just been quitting the game via xmb and starting it up again when i have been bored / wanted to change cars and get to the junkyard.

crispyben

Puck said:
I have just been quitting the game via xmb and starting it up again when i have been bored / wanted to change cars and get to the junkyard.
What??? Even if you're all the way out in White Mountain, it's still quicker to drive back to a junkyard than to quit and restart the game... The mind boggles.

Ashour

Puck said:
Thanks, will do a reload.

Glad I could be of help, restarting the game from the XMB now takes forever thanks to all the screens and loading before you could actually start playing.

epmode

crispyben said:
What??? Even if you're all the way out in White Mountain, it's still quicker to drive back to a junkyard than to quit and restart the game... The mind boggles.
And it's even quicker just to load your game from the menu. Try that instead.

edit: Oh, I'm late.

Puck

Banned
crispyben said:
It was actually pretty good. I would quit the game, restart it, get a drink / walk around and come back to hear 'TAKE ME DOWN TO THE PARADISE CITY WHERE THE GRASS IS GREEN AND THE GIRLS ARE PRETTY". That was pretty good.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Ugh, I really want the new cars but don't have the funds to buy yet. And I'm really not keen on spending 13 on the cars but that's the only way to get the trophies :(

Returners

LiquidMetal14 said:
Ugh, I really want the new cars but don't have the funds to buy yet. And I'm really not keen on spending 13 on the cars but that's the only way to get the trophies :(

You need at least 1 toy car, the toy bike, and all the legendary cars for the trophy, could save a few $$$.

Sh0k

Is there any reliable guide to find the yellow gates on the 360 ? All I'm missing is 2 gates in the Downtown Paradise section. I drove for almost two hours yesterday and I couldn't find them.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Returners said:
You need at least 1 toy car, the toy bike, and all the legendary cars for the trophy, could save a few $$$.
I'm just one of those completionists (word?) who likes having all the cars and crap so I will likely get the whole ensemble :(

crispyben

From CGN:

Time for something Special!

The Boost Specials shatter the tranquility of a console near you this Thursday!

We usually update our Twitter feed and this news page to let you know exactly when new content arrives, but you'll probably hear these bad boys coming!

Look out for a profile on each of these 2 incredible machines later in the week.

For now, all you need to know is these cars represent the pinnacle of 8 years of Burnout Boost gameplay. They are the ultimate Boost vehicles.

Hot_Rod01.png
Hawker_Mech01.png

crispyben

ice cream said:
Is there a settings menu in this game anywhere? I can't find it....
And how do you change the time of day?
Press start, use the shoulder buttons to change screens, there should be a "Under the hood" menu with settings and a time of day option.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
crispyben said:
Time for something Special!

The Boost Specials shatter the tranquility of a console near you this Thursday!

We usually update our Twitter feed and this news page to let you know exactly when new content arrives, but you'll probably hear these bad boys coming!

Look out for a profile on each of these 2 incredible machines later in the week.

For now, all you need to know is these cars represent the pinnacle of 8 years of Burnout Boost gameplay. They are the ultimate Boost vehicles.

Hot_Rod01.png
Hawker_Mech01.png
You work for Criterion? If so, cool, and I want to see a Road Rash revival from you guys when you're done with Paradise. :D

crispyben

twinturbo2 said:
You work for Criterion? If so, cool, and I want to see a Road Rash revival from you guys when you're done with Paradise. :D
Funny, I thought this question might come up when I copy-pasted this from the CGN without giving the source... I'm not, I just like this game, which is my first Burnout ever as I "only" owned an SNES and a PSOne as a teen, then bought a DS, a Wii, a PSP and a PS3 in the last two years. I try to keep up with the news, that's all :D

I hate to be that guy, but is it even possible to earn the 3x Nighthawk and/or Calvary Horn Jump trophies?

Toy cars fail to compute. I'm in a race with the toy WTR and I'm being outrun by the toy GT Concept?

Not only that, but during said race, I finished second and still got the trophy for winning a race with a toy car.

paparazzo

AnonymousNoob said:
I hate to be that guy, but is it even possible to earn the 3x Nighthawk and/or Calvary Horn Jump trophies?

Toy cars fail to compute. I'm in a race with the toy WTR and I'm being outrun by the toy GT Concept?

Not only that, but during said race, I finished second and still got the trophy for winning a race with a toy car.
Put your save on a USB flash drive and then delete from your PS3. Then start a new save to get the trophies with and once you're done, delete that save and restore your old one from the USB stick.

Top Bottom