• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

studio810 said:
Saves them automatically, just go through the options screen you'll see them.

Ah, thanks.

Coulda swore this guy flipped me the bird as well. Oh well.
wb594k.jpg

Luckily this is as much as I've seen so far :)

besada said:
I know, I know. But I've got Grifball, UT3, Burnout and a handful of demos to play, but every night I get home and the guitars are already hooked up.

I finally got my fiance to play with me the other day and when I was about to shut it off she insisted we keep going. I nearly fell out of my chair.

Open track format for racing is frustrating. I can't stay on the track. Most of time, I end up taking route that takes long and couple of extra crashes because of speed. Other than that, it is fun.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Xun said:
Actually that's not entirely true, I seem to recall Burnout 3 had drivers. But they were completely static.

Oh well, drivers or not, it really doesn't bother me.
Yea, they were just shadow figures. I think Burnout's missing out without flatout's crash test dummy physics and the replay/save feature

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
What game options do you have online in the full game? It was fun too fool around in the demo, but I found myself wanting more structure. A game of team tag would have been an awesome addition. Or some kind of Micro Machines-esque multiplayer, where the race restarts whenever the leader gets far enough ahead of the pack to score a point.

besada said:
It's a crime there's no saveable replay feature. If any game screamed for H3-esque replays and saves, it's this one. I had a wreck last night where My car traveled the full-length of the street balanced on its front bumper. It was sweet, but no one will ever see it.
This has been the bane of Burnout for its entire existance. That nothing has been done to remedy the situation is unfortunate. Nay, it is poopy doodoo.

Kingpen

So is anyone longing to go back to Revenge after purchasing Paradise? I'm just about ready to crack over here and pick up Paradise just to be 'in with the times' and GAF hype. I can pick it up for about 10 bucks out of pocket it seems...

Kingpen said:
So is anyone longing to go back to Revenge after purchasing Paradise? I'm just about ready to crack over here and pick up Paradise just to be 'in with the times' and GAF hype. I can pick it up for about 10 bucks out of pocket it seems...
It's been extremely hard to find people online with revenge for over a year now. :(

Kingpen said:
So is anyone longing to go back to Revenge after purchasing Paradise?.

Nope, I find Revenge unplayable now because of Paradise. Everything about the way the game controls and feels is better than the previous Burnouts.

Also, was that a Gaf game I joined? I just saw Alduf online and joined his game.
We ended up doing a giant 3 checkpoint race.... which I dominated
Then did the same race in reverse without the checkpoints, which I just barely won. It was from the Naval yard (I think) to the North Western point, everyone took the urban route but I went the scenic route through White Mountain. Won by a few hundred yards

Aladuf

Banned
fistfulofmetal said:
Nope, I find Revenge unplayable now because of Paradise. Everything about the way the game controls and feels is better than the previous Burnouts.

Also, was that a Gaf game I joined? I just saw Alduf online and joined his game.
We ended up doing a giant 3 checkpoint race.... which I dominated
Then did the same race in reverse without the checkpoints, which I just barely won. It was from the Naval yard (I think) to the North Western point, everyone took the urban route but I went the scenic route through White Mountain. Won by a few hundred yards

The match we had going had at least 4 gaffers that I knew of (Me, You, Shearie, and Dot50Cal) And you did fuck us up pretty bad on that 3 checkpoint race!

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Kingpen said:
I bought Revenge after playing the Paradise demo. But I know all the online action is going to be on Paradise.

BTW, where did you find it for $10?

acabado

Banned
you can use the PlayStation Eye or Xbox Live Vision Camera to take shots of your rivals online. When you take down a rival player that has a camera hooked up, the cam will take a mugshot of that player's reaction. It's kind of a neat feature that, unfortunately, will probably be abused by all manner of nudity over the course of the game's lifespan

Look how sad I'm mtfkr!!! :lol

-Wide open area to cruise around in and tear stuff up.
-All the secret paths and "collectibles".
-Most of the Burnout foundation is intact.

Dislikes:
-Crash mode is kind of lame.
-No aftertouch outside of crash mode.
-Isn't really that different from the other Burnout games.

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Great Rumbler said:
-Wide open area to cruise around in and tear stuff up.
-All the secret paths and "collectibles".
-Most of the Burnout foundation is intact.

Dislikes:
-Crash mode is kind of lame.
-No aftertouch outside of crash mode.
-Isn't really that different from the other Burnout games.

Isnt that a good thing?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
I can't believe I've been playing this game for like, 4 hours and I only have 13% done. This game is immense. I can't believe I still have so much to explore.

Aladuf

Banned
Iamthegamer said:
I can't believe I've been playing this game for like, 4 hours and I only have 13% done. This game is immense. I can't believe I still have so much to explore.

:lol I've played a lot and I've got barely anything done because I've been messing around in multiplayer so much... such a fun game!

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
I think I need more practice with this game. This is my first burnout game. I still have the damn stock car.

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
HA I think my bitching worked or something cause today I got an e-mail from amazon saying that they have shipped my order instead of what I thought of next week. So hopefully I will get the game by monday or tuesday and joing the pilaging!

Dot50Cal

Banned
Got a race video encoding now with the following folks in it:

Aladuf23
Sabres81
acelightning15
NESv1
Rav360X5
guntitan

PS3 version, 60FPS, 720p. Will be on Gamersyde as soon as Blim can post it. :D

h3ro

Dot50Cal said:

Aladuf23
Sabres81
acelightning15
NESv1
Rav360X5
guntitan

Whoa! Can't wait to check that out... hopefully my copy arrives tomorrow and I can join you guys...

Aladuf

Banned
Dot50Cal said:

Aladuf23
Sabres81
acelightning15
NESv1
Rav360X5
guntitan

cool! I can't to see myself crash a million times.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
acabado said:
you can use the PlayStation Eye or Xbox Live Vision Camera to take shots of your rivals online. When you take down a rival player that has a camera hooked up, the cam will take a mugshot of that player's reaction. It's kind of a neat feature that, unfortunately, will probably be abused by all manner of nudity over the course of the game's lifespan

Look how sad I'm mtfkr!!! :lol
There's nothing sadder than a pair of balls.

Kingpen

I bit on this tonight after taking back Revenge (I bought it used last week and was still within the 7 days - gamestop am suckers with their policy). I had a 20 dollar gift card and used the coupon posted in this thread from CAG to get 10% off. In total Paradise ended up costing me 10 bucks out of pocket. It seems like there is a ton to do. I only barely got the class D license so far. The crashes are awesome in this and that right there makes it well worth the upgrade. I'm not feeling the complaints of the lack of retry or the 'keep looking at the map' yet. I'm happy with the regular races, Marked Man events are cool, and the road rage is good as well. I'm also appreciating the new physics in the game where I can pull off more crazy stunts with the E-brake..

I have not got access to Showtime mode yet so no comment there. I'm a casual burnout player that turns this game on every once in a while amongst a rotation of other games. So far what I see and have played, I am glad I upgraded for 10 bucks.

Denogg is right that Revenge is simply a different game then this. I think both games so far have their strengths.

Remy

h3ro said:
Imagine if we had an upload site where we could view our mugshot collection, Replay stills and replay movies ala teh Haloz... woulda been great!

There's nothing stopping someone from opening a site for mugshots, although it would be limited to PS3 owners since I don't think there's any way to export the mugshots on the 360.

calder

I finished a bunch of races tonight (sorry to decline the invites from a few of you, but I was embarrassed by my car selection last night :lol) and opened up another 7 cars. But a few of the ones you have to take down eluded me, is it just one car that I have to find again or if I just tool around will he come back eventually? At one point I had 3 cars to shutdown and I'm sure I only got 2 of them, but after spending almost 10 minutes just driving around normally I just don't see the last one. I'm pretty sure it's the one I was chasing on a mountain road and then just totally lost.

Ah I see in the License detail screen it shows I do indeed have 1 car to shutdown. But where the freaking hell is it, I think it was the cool fast looking car that got away too.

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
What are the restrictions on cars in online races? I was just in one where I could only pick the default car, despite me having a lot unlocked in the solo game, and a B license so far.

h3ro

I really wanted to keep this out of the thread, but if you want to see the WORST COMPARISON VIDEO IN HISTORY, check out the Burnout comparo vid... it doesn't show us grass blade textures or shadow detail differences at five thousand feet away... no, it shows us PS3 HDMI vs PS3 Component vs 360 VGA vs 360 Component... all at the same time...

I think that video is one big GT joke on all the fanboys... I can't wait to hear people argue this one out...

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29926.html

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'm not really an "online person" in that I'm about 90% single player, and maybe 10% online multi.

That said, the last three hours of Burnout online was AMAZING. I was hosting, getting our group to do a few challenges between races, and I'm amazed at the community-like feel of the entire thing. It's just so...awesome.

I can't recommend this game enough, even though I've put in maybe 20 minutes of single. :p

I went ahead and took a chance and bought the 360 version today. I'm a little frustrated with it's slower pace and constantly needing to either take my eyes off the road or even worse, pause the game to plan out my route. But overall it's not so bad. I also wish the map was a lot bigger. The cars are so fast that I feel like I've seen it all already. I'm enjoying the game, but my honest feelings is that at $60, I spent $20 more than I should have for Burnout Paradise. But I know I shouldn't feel that way, because they did a very good job at offering something different.

Dot50Cal

Banned
h3ro said:

Ugh. Seriously, worse comparison ever. Not only do they use different cuts with different camera angles but the compression alone they are applying negates any differences. The best method is lossless stills, preferably PNG to keep the size down. I wonder why they even bother with this anymore.

That said, if the demo is any indication then they are practically the same from a texture/geometry standpoint with just minor framerate differences. Though I'm certainly not going to spend money to rent the 360 one to do a proper comparison :lol

Dante

Loving it so far. So much crap to do in the game. I love just driving around looking for the Billboard and sign challenges, Only have 4 cars so far got a Looooooooooong ways to go :)

Maggot9

Banned
Iamthegamer said:
have fun finding the 243 billboards and smashing through the 142 yellow gates

purg3

slept with Malkin
I think it's definitely starting to grow on me. Just spent 40 minutes getting the parallel parking achievement...

Elbrain

Suckin' dicks since '66
Dante said:
Loving it so far. So much crap to do in the game. I love just driving around looking for the Billboard and sign challenges, Only have 4 cars so far got a Looooooooooong ways to go :)

Soon very soon I will have this game SOOOON!

Tortolia

I'll echo the chorus of people having a blast with this game. Spent four hours tonight online with some of the SA Goons just doing online challenges and cracking up at some of the crashes. Well worth a look and much better than the demo.

People are welcome to add me at PSN: Tortolia, but my list is sadly near capacity.

Top Bottom