• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Mar

DMeisterJ said:
Thanks! I'll try that later.

Is it really as bad as some people say it is?

It's not bad. Just kind of.. Pointless. I played it enough to get the achievements required, then never again.

The only cool part about it for me is when someone activates it during an online game and you see their car bouncing down the road. Always draws a double take from me.

Shins

Banned
palmas.jpg

UraMallas

There is definitely something wrong on my end. I've been downloading the game for 4 hours and it's just over half way done. Any suggestions GAF?

Aladuf

Banned
UraMallas said:
There is definitely something wrong on my end. I've been downloading the game for 4 hours and it's just over half way done. Any suggestions GAF?
Do you have Media Sharing enabled on the PS3? If you're on wireless then that can slow your speeds down a bit.. or at least I know when I used to have it enabled it sucked up a decent amount of my connection. Anyways, if you're going wireless with the PS3 and have that enabled, try disabling it and maybe it'll improve a bit.

I picked up the PS3 version even though I own the 360 one already. $19.99 is too cheap to pass up (and now I can play with my ps3 friends).

Aladuf

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
Oh thanks, disabling now.

after 3 hours only 20%.
Yeah, I hunted down some stuff on the internet a while back about getting the PS3 signal up for wireless connections. I'd always get randomly signed out at times and I found out that the Media Sharing can wreck your connection. It definitely helps, it's been all good ever since disabled it.

Surfheart

I double dipped on burnout, seems the Gaf community is stronger on Ps3?
Just fired it up but can't connect to the burnout servers :(

PSN: Surfheart if anyone wants to add me, I need more friends on PSN.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Surfheart said:
Grrr. Servers still down for me. Anyone else?

I thought it was just me. Though Speevy sent me a PSN message saying Burnout Paradise online doesn't work if you gameshare. Is that true?

Surfheart

Wario64 said:
I thought it was just me. Though Speevy sent me a PSN message saying Burnout Paradise online doesn't work if you gameshare. Is that true?

I've just got the PSN version, but I'm not game sharing it. Some threads at the PS boards indicating that it's maybe a problem with the PSN version only :(

crispyben

PatzCU said:
So for Strike and I; should we wait for the Ultimate Box or just pull the trigger on the $20 current box? Is the update with the 'restart' option going to be available to all for free?
Hey, I know there's a lot going on in this thread but I recap'd everything 5 posts above yours, though I'll admit I didn't mention the restart which will be included in the Ultimate Box and come to the previous versions of the game via next week's massive free update. Please note that the UB is not coming to PS3/Xbox 360 in the US, just PC... So getting it depends on your location, your desire to buy the Party Pack, your need to free space on your HDD, etc.

Baron

Dammit. I already have BP on disc but I really want to buy the PSN version of the game, instant disc-less gaming would be awesome for Burnout...but I've put 90+ hours into my save for the disc version. Is there any way to use this save file from the disc game on the downloaded PSN version of the game? I don't want to have to re-earn all my cars. :(

crispyben

Baron said:
Dammit. I already have BP on disc but I really want to buy the PSN version of the game, instant disc-less gaming would be awesome for Burnout...but I've put 90+ hours into my save for the disc version. Is there any way to use this save file from the disc game on the downloaded PSN version of the game? I don't want to have to re-earn all my cars. :(
I don't think the two are compatible, but we got a sneak peek at the Time Savers Pack, which should allow you to buy all cars when it's out...

DMeisterJ

Banned
I have BP on disc, and can confirm that online is not working as of right now. I tried to try out online this morning, but it wouldn't work. So it's not just the PSN version.

Anyway, the game is awesome. I've had a hell of a time playing it yesterday and early this morning. Freaking awesome.

jmdajr

Wario64 said:
PSN version now $19.99!

yup I just bought this.
I'm surprised it's only 3.5 gb or so.
How wonder how much faster it runs than the disc version.

wow, this even has trophy support.

crispyben said:
I don't think the two are compatible, but we got a sneak peek at the Time Savers Pack, which should allow you to buy all cars when it's out...
They aren't, which is both good and bad. Good because it's easier to get the trophies to start all over with a fresh save and bad because you have to start all over with a fresh save.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
jmdajr said:
yup I just bought this.
I'm surprised it's only 3.5 gb or so.
How wonder how much faster it runs than the disc version.

wow, this even has trophy support.
It's been in for months lol. And to be straight, the BRD release is so good, I would actually recommend owning a hard copy. But an HDD version is great since you have no worries of every loosing the disc or something unfortunate happening.

Oh god this is so awesome. Ability to start up a huge what used to be a full $60 game right of your HHD is so awesome.

If only Mirror's Edge gets the Burnout treatment.

I am back to racing heaven after 3 weeks with WipeoutHD and it costs me just as much. BEST $40 I ever spent.

so goood.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Rapping Granny said:
Oh god this is so awesome. Ability to start up a huge what used to be a full $60 game right of your HHD is so awesome.

If only Mirror's Edge gets the Burnout treatment.

I am back to racing heaven after 3 weeks with WipeoutHD and it costs me just as much. BEST $40 I ever spent.

so goood.
If ME gets a PSN release, I am there day 1. I have no retail copy of that.

shpankey said:
wait i'm not following. are you guys saying that the PSN version isn't compatible with the disk version? meaning we play on different servers? or am i just misunderstanding [as usual ;)]?
No, not at all. I can play with anyone who has the DL or retail.

shpankey

not an idiot
wait i'm not following. are you guys saying that the PSN version isn't compatible with the disk version? meaning we play on different servers? or am i just misunderstanding [as usual ;)]?

crispyben

shpankey said:
It's nothing this drastic, just that saves from the BD version of the game cannot be loaded within the PSN version of the game.

Ramenman

I went back to it yesterday, unlocked a couple of cars including the Jansen P12 which I love.
I think it looks incredibly badass and kind of retro at the same time.
Also I was happy to finally unlock a new stunt car, since those are nearly the only ones I use for the events.
Driving around with some speed cars is complete bliss but when actually getting into a race you get takedown'd too easily, and with the old school boosting system it's even harder to fight back when being pushed. I think Stunt cars are the perfect compromise.

Also I'm kind of sad that the billboards/smash/superjumps and stuff disappear when you're on a bike.
I've only played online freeburn when the bike pack came out, and I played it a lot, learnt of a lot of places I had never seen and a lot of shortcuts too, so it's a bit weird to take one of them now that I'm back to the cars and see "oh, there was a billboard there ? And that's a Superjump ? But I've been there already thirty times :mad: "

Still, awesome game.

crispyben

Ramenman said:
Also I'm kind of sad that the billboards/smash/superjumps and stuff disappear when you're on a bike.
I've only played online freeburn when the bike pack came out, and I played it a lot, learnt of a lot of places I had never seen and a lot of shortcuts too, so it's a bit weird to take one of them now that I'm back to the cars and see "oh, there was a billboard there ? And that's a Superjump ? But I've been there already thirty times :mad: "
:O

I never noticed that, especially the billboards. Now that you mention it, of course...

crispyben

Crash TV 22 is up, not very interesting (Qore shooting behind-the-scenes), but we get to see that the 1st Street bridge seems to be called Paradise Keys Bridge, and that the new neighborhood is called Paradise Keys (note the plural, more islands to come?) :D Here is a bit of the map for Big Surf Island (I think)

1z175li.png
and another
2n9fd00.png

Oh, and they all but confirm the PCPD pack! (via the yummy katers17)

11vgoi1.png

And all DLC should be out before the end of the summer.

Roxas

Here's a question for you folks. I have a platinum trophy on BP, and when i heard of the new Ultimate Box version, i sold my original copy. What i want to know is...will the Ultimate Box count as a seperate game for Trophies? Will i have to get them all again?

I just got my Burnout license! Now to do the Road Rage events for my Elite before they patch it. :)

Quick question- on races, it seems like all of the other cars hit the ground rolling whereas I'm starting from 0 mph. Is there some trick to accelerate as fast as the CPU does out of the gate?

Why, oh why don't they make the save games compatible b/w disc + PSN versions? I own the disc and would buy it again in an instant if I didn't have to redo everything in the game to get back up to speed.

crispyben

Roxas said:
Here's a question for you folks. I have a platinum trophy on BP, and when i heard of the new Ultimate Box version, i sold my original copy. What i want to know is...will the Ultimate Box count as a seperate game for Trophies? Will i have to get them all again?
Given the precedent set by the PSN version, there's a good chance it won't be compatible.

Returners

Roxas said:

probably not the trophies... they should be there since its tied to your PSN.

Though your game saves...

edgefusion

drmcclin said:
Why, oh why don't they make the save games compatible b/w disc + PSN versions? I own the disc and would buy it again in an instant if I didn't have to redo everything in the game to get back up to speed.

I agree completely, I'd be playing Burnout all the time if I knew I didn't have to get up to put the disc in. I might just take the plunge and download it anyway, I've already completed the game to 100% twice (for the trophies). The only thing stopping me are those road rules..... oh the road rules...

Aladuf

Banned
Wario64 said:
To get 100% bike license, do you have to do all road rules, night and day?
Just the Burning Rides (daytime) and Midnight Rides (night, obviously), there's 38 total. I did it recently and it only took about 3 or so hours to complete them all.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Aladuf said:
Just the Burning Rides (daytime) and Midnight Rides (night, obviously), there's 38 total. I did it recently and it only took about 3 or so hours to complete them all.

Oh, that's easy. And it's a gold trophy I think? The times for the burning/midnight runs are like the easiest thing in the game.

Askia47

I have been looking this game for a while, but im not sure if i should get the PSN version for $20 or the Ultimate Box. Any suggestions?

Roxas said:

crispyben said:
Given the precedent set by the PSN version, there's a good chance it won't be compatible.

I got one trophy with my disc version and the rest of them with the PSN version. They're not separate games in terms of trophies, and I'm sure it will be the same case with the Ultimate Box.

MutFox said:
So I'm gonna go and sell my disc copy right now,
and then buy the PSN version...

Is that a good idea?

Unless you want to keep your game progress, yes.

Mar

Wario64 said:
Oh, that's easy. And it's a gold trophy I think? The times for the burning/midnight runs are like the easiest thing in the game.

They really are. Pretty much every one of them you can do on the first try.

Top Bottom