• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
MutFox said:
So I'm gonna go and sell my disc copy right now,
and then buy the PSN version...

Is that a good idea?

Not really, digital media loses all value, you can't sell it on, you can't count it as an asset in any way.

if we're lucky all downloaded games will be tied to your account and you can redownload purchased games onto the Ps4 and play them there, but I wouldn't say it was a certainty. and then its tied to your account and how sony handles its next online store/console.

my question is, can europeans buy stuff from US store?

EU download is like twice the price, I don't really want the party pack, I dont own the game so I think there would be more than enough to keep me entertained!

kaizoku said:
Not really, digital media loses all value, you can't sell it on, you can't count it as an asset in any way.
Actually, should he decide to share it with someone or even to sell his PS3, he can do it while he keeps it.

my question is, can europeans buy stuff from US store?
Yes, with credit cards or PSN card codes.

Struct09

MutFox said:
So I'm gonna go and sell my disc copy right now,
and then buy the PSN version...

Is that a good idea?

Your old game save won't be compatible. Main reason why I'm just keeping my disc version.

MutFox

Banned
Hmmm...
I really don't care about the saves, cause I wanna start over for the trophies,
but my brother might not like it, cause he's far in the game and doesn't care for trophies.

Though, I don't play the game much anymore, cause I hate changing discs... LOL

kaizoku

Philanthropist said:
Actually, should he decide to share it with someone or even to sell his PS3, he can do it while he keeps it.

Yes, with credit cards or PSN card codes.

if I buy it from US will it be tied to my fake american psn account and I'd have to remember it forever if I wanna keep the game? like if I got a new ps3 and had to redownload it, I'd have to recall all the fake details?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
kaizoku said:
if I buy it from US will it be tied to my fake american psn account and I'd have to remember it forever if I wanna keep the game? like if I got a new ps3 and had to redownload it, I'd have to recall all the fake details?

Yes. Fake details? lol

All you need to know is your email login and password. And maybe the birthday of the account (I've seen this question asked when you import an account for some reason)

Or you could just make a separate account....

Aladuf

Banned
Wario64 said:
Oh, that's easy. And it's a gold trophy I think? The times for the burning/midnight runs are like the easiest thing in the game.
Yep it's a gold trophy and yeah, they're really easy.

Aladuf

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
Loving the game so far, but the regular races are pissing me off because I could never figure out how to finish one without getting lost.
This is why you don't use the retry option when it becomes available. You'll learn the city so much better and quicker.

kaizoku

so actually I CAN'T buy the US copy without buying a US psn card or having an american credit card? sucky...entropay doesn't work anymore either. anyone got a spare $20 card their willing to sell? :D

birdman

Aladuf said:
This is why you don't use the retry option when it becomes available. You'll learn the city so much better and quicker.

Retry is probably the worst thing to come to the game. It's gonna give way to a new breed of Burnout drivers who don't know the city worth a shit.

kaizoku said:
so actually I CAN'T buy the US copy without buying a US psn card or having an american credit card? sucky...entropay doesn't work anymore either. anyone got a spare $20 card their willing to sell? :D

PM Strider2K99

McLovin

birdman said:
Retry is probably the worst thing to come to the game. It's gonna give way to a new breed of Burnout drivers who don't know the city worth a shit.
?? isn't lack of retry the only real complaint people had for Burnout?

birdman

McLovin said:

Because it was the only thing anyone could find that could have been reasonable to bitch about. I really think the whiners just wanted to whine at something.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
You only REALLY should need the Retry option when going for Burning Routes or the Elite license(which is the end-end game MUST BEAT EVERY event reward). Otherwise it's not at all an issue.

UraMallas

Damn it. The restart button doesn't get implimented in the PS3 version until next week! I double dipped on this game (once for the 360, once for the PS3) because I thought the restart button was in. I guess I'll have to wait a week, horror of horrors.

p.s. Can I game share this?

Aladuf

Banned
McLovin said:
It's good for the game and Criterion if adding it means more sales, which on GAF, seems like it'll be the case. But what he meant was more so for online play, people will rely on the restart pretty heavily if they suck at the game and because of that they won't learn the city for shit.

Brandon F said:
You only REALLY should need the Retry option when going for Burning Routes or the Elite license(which is the end-end game MUST BEAT EVERY event reward). Otherwise it's not at all an issue.
This is true too, this game is pretty easy once you have the 8 basic areas down where races always end. But if people don't even get a chance to figure out where to finish their races because they can't even make it there in the first place, that doesn't help.

Maybe old games get transferred to the old persons server because I've been downloading the Ratchet PSN game and it's taking me about 10x as long as it should. I'm watching the download and 1mb took about 30 seconds. wtf.

crispyben said:
Crash TV 22 is up, not very interesting (Qore shooting behind-the-scenes), but we get to see that the 1st Street bridge seems to be called Paradise Keys Bridge, and that the new neighborhood is called Paradise Keys (note the plural, more islands to come?) :D Here is a bit of the map for Big Surf Island (I think)

1z175li.png
and another
2n9fd00.png

Oh, and they all but confirm the PCPD pack! (via the yummy katers17)

11vgoi1.png

And all DLC should be out before the end of the summer.
cool, thanks!

mandiller

birdman said:

Speak for yourself. I can't wait to start playing this game again when the Retry option comes in. Finally the game wont be so tedious. It took Criterion long enough, but hey there's been free content so it's all good.

ggp759

Banned
littile off topic but do i have to delete my save if i want to get all the trophies since they are not retroactive? thanks

XTERC

You can backup your save, get the trophies you need, then revert back to your old save. I used this method as I had sunk so much time into my original save.

ggp759

Banned
XTERC said:
You can backup your save, get the trophies you need, then revert back to your old save. I used this method as I had sunk so much time into my original save.
thanks for the quick reply but how do i backup my save?

Datrio

Okay guys, I'm new to Burnout Paradise, can anybody explain to me this madness?

So far I wanted to participate in 8 events. I succeeded only two times. Every other time when I press L2+R2, either the game hangs (I can still access the XBM), or I'm drawn into a never-ending loop of the camera focusing on my car.

For instance, right now I'm watching the television screen, blurry, focused on my car, and once in around 10 seconds it fades to black, fades in again and the lights change. And that happens all the time. I have to quit the game and restart it to get back to Paradise City.

Any cure for that?

Erebus

Datrio said:
Okay guys, I'm new to Burnout Paradise, can anybody explain to me this madness?

So far I wanted to participate in 8 events. I succeeded only two times. Every other time when I press L2+R2, either the game hangs (I can still access the XBM), or I'm drawn into a never-ending loop of the camera focusing on my car.

For instance, right now I'm watching the television screen, blurry, focused on my car, and once in around 10 seconds it fades to black, fades in again and the lights change. And that happens all the time. I have to quit the game and restart it to get back to Paradise City.

Any cure for that?

PSN or disc version? If it's the first, try re-installing the game.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Not having the saves be compatible between both version is typical Sony short-sightedness.

Aladuf

Banned
Rapping Granny said:
How do I unlock the Showtime mode? 19% into the game and got a B liscense.

damn those online challenges are fun as hell.
It should be unlocked, just press R1+L1 together when you're riding around and it should go right into Showtime.

Ramenman

Aladuf said:
It's good for the game and Criterion if adding it means more sales, which on GAF, seems like it'll be the case. But what he meant was more so for online play, people will rely on the restart pretty heavily if they suck at the game and because of that they won't learn the city for shit.

Yeah, I'm not trying to complete every and each event for the moment, and the only time I feel I'd like a retry is for those few 1 vs 1 races, they're pretty short and sometimes just one mistake screws them up.
But then again actually racing all the way back to the beginning makes you learn the track.
All in all I think you shouldn't use restart until you have only like 10 events lefts or something, which is the actual reason why people who actually played the game before bitching wanted a restart option for.

The game is REALLY that much more enjoyable when you know the 8 basic destinations.

But I'd say the best way to learn the city is to play online freeburn, since every challenge begins by "everyones gathers in [ some place ] and follow the instructions".
Seriously, I played like 10-15 hours of freeburn for the first time when the bikes came out and when going back to the events it was very satisfying actually knowing how to get to the end of a race just by knowing the name.

I feel it even more now because I went back to the game two days ago after like 3 months of playing something else and I have to look at my map during races. Which is not that bad after all, but I'm completely pissed when I'm first place at the end of a race and then screw everything up at 0.1 km from the end :/

So basically : PLAY ONLINE FREEBURN, it's an awesome way to learn the city, and to find spots you'd never find alone due to the fast paced nature of the game.

edgefusion

What are the chances of seeing a price drop on the PSN (EU) version come the 6th? I'm thinking of getting even though I've already got the disc version just for the convenience of it but I'd be mighty annoyed if they drop the price soon. £25 is a bit much considering it's only $19 on the US store.

bune duggy said:
If I had to guess I'd say he's talking about the same problem with the trophies.

You can get the trophies from both versions (I did). They're not separate lists. You don't have to earn the trophies twice or anything like that.

edgefusion said:
What are the chances of seeing a price drop on the PSN (EU) version come the 6th?

High.

Top Bottom