• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Burnout Paradise Thread. Restarting Events Patch!

Dilly said:
Are there any official requirements for PC released ? I can't find any and the game is coming out in about a week.

From the EA website:

"System Requirements:

Required: Internet Connection
Operating System: Windows XP [SP2] / Vista
Processor: XP: 2.8Ghz or faster. Vista: 3.2Ghz or Faster
Memory: XP: 1GB Ram Vista 1.5GB Ram
Hard Drive: 4GB
DVD Drive: 8 Speed
Video Card: 128mb with Pixel Shader 3.0
Soundcard: Direct X 9.0c Compatible
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Online Multiplayer 512kbs or Faster (2 – 8 Players)
Input: Keyboard/Mouse
Optional: USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analogue Gamepad

Supported chipsets:

Nvida Geforce 6600 series or better
ATI Radeon X1300 or better

Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

Recommended System Requirements:

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor/Multiple Cores
2GB Ram
256 MB Video Card.
Surround Gaming Across three monitors supported via the Matrox TribleHead2Go"

Dilly

Banned
Baloonatic said:
From the EA website:

"System Requirements:

Required: Internet Connection
Operating System: Windows XP [SP2] / Vista
Processor: XP: 2.8Ghz or faster. Vista: 3.2Ghz or Faster
Memory: XP: 1GB Ram Vista 1.5GB Ram
Hard Drive: 4GB
DVD Drive: 8 Speed
Video Card: 128mb with Pixel Shader 3.0
Soundcard: Direct X 9.0c Compatible
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Online Multiplayer 512kbs or Faster (2 – 8 Players)
Input: Keyboard/Mouse
Optional: USB Steering Wheel / Dual Analogue Gamepad

Supported chipsets:

Nvida Geforce 6600 series or better
ATI Radeon X1300 or better

Laptop versions of these chipsets may work but are not supported. Updates to your video and sound card drivers may be required.

Recommended System Requirements:

Intel Core 2 Duo Processor/Multiple Cores
2GB Ram
256 MB Video Card.
Surround Gaming Across three monitors supported via the Matrox TribleHead2Go"

Thanks! Can't believe I didn't find them.

crispyben

Dilly said:
Are there any official requirements for PC released ? I can't find any and the game is coming out in about a week.
I don't think so, I think they're hoping everybody will try the free demo to see how it runs...

EDIT: d'oh!

I don't even like driving games usually but I'm really hyped for this for some reason :lol Thought the 360 demo was fun, just wish they'd release the PC trial D: I'm even considering getting a USB steering wheel for it, any recommendations?

bee

Baloonatic said:
I don't even like driving games usually but I'm really hyped for this for some reason :lol Thought the 360 demo was fun, just wish they'd release the PC trial D: I'm even considering getting a USB steering wheel for it, any recommendations?

got mine pre ordered at game, was hoping for a reasonably priced steam release but looks like it either isn't coming or is delayed. not sure if i really wanna get it from direct2drive never used them before but you do get it 3 days early apparently

best budget wheel imo is this http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/8229078/-/Product.html?searchstring=thrustmaster+f430&searchsource=0
, its better than the logitech gt for sure (900 degrees is way overrated)

bee said:
got mine pre ordered at game, was hoping for a reasonably priced steam release but looks like it either isn't coming or is delayed. not sure if i really wanna get it from direct2drive never used them before but you do get it 3 days early apparently

best budget wheel imo is this http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/4-/8229078/-/Product.html?searchstring=thrustmaster+f430&searchsource=0

Is there any evidence that it won't go Steam? I can't believe it won't since all of EA games coming out seem to be going Steam. I refuse to buy D2D so if it doesn't arrive on Steam on release day I guess I will just have to wait until it does :(

bee said:

Yeah I have my order down at Game as well, pre-orders usually come a day earlier from there as well so I don't think I'll be able to try the trial beforehand unless they release it on Monday or Tuesday. Just wanted to make sure it ran ok really.

I'll check out that wheel, thanks.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Criterion can thank this thread for getting them another sale. I picked up a PS3 today, and I'm currently downloading Burnout Paradise. When this thread was bumped, I ended up checking out those Crash TV videos and I was really impressed by what I heard.

I love the idea of a developer using downloadable content to actually add value to the original game. It seems like so many are going the opposite direction, taking away things they would have given us for free before, and charging for them later on.

I logged way too many hours on Burnout 3, so I'm pretty hyped up about Paradise right now. I feel like a kid on Christmas. :D

Everdred

I was under the impression that the PC version was going to include the new island, is this not the case? If not, are we going to have to pay for it when it comes out? That would be bullshit since the PC version is $40 and the console versions can be had for <$20

strange_booj said:
I was under the impression that the PC version was going to include the new island, is this not the case?

I had heard the PC version includes the Party Pack but I'm still unsure as to what the party pack actually is.. I don't think it does but don't quote me on that.

Everdred

freethought said:
I had heard the PC version includes the Party Pack but I'm still unsure as to what the party pack actually is.. I don't think it does but don't quote me on that.
The part pack is just the 8 player mode where you switch off every turn. That part doesn't include the island. So I'm thinking you're right. I just want to know if I'm going to have to pay for it when it comes out.

crispyben

strange_booj said:
The part pack is just the 8 player mode where you switch off every turn. That part doesn't include the island. So I'm thinking you're right. I just want to know if I'm going to have to pay for it when it comes out.
Yes, you will. PC game is $40 while console versions are $20, but they were $60 at release...

Rapping Granny said:
How many liscenses are there. I am at B and 22% done.

Is there a way to avoid events you already did with other liscenses?
Ehh what time zone are you in? Just curious since we've been playing online a lot.

I'm up early today cause I had a *couple drinks and went to bed early after the fooseball game :p

Edit: about the licenses I think there's two more after B I was looking through the trophy list and it gives you a trophy for every license you get. I think there is an A license and a Burnout license left for you to get.

Rapping Granny said:

The only events that doesn't get reseted are the Car specific ones.

AlphaTwo00 said:
The only events that doesn't get reseted are the Car specific ones.

URGHH LAME

Edit: about the licenses I think there's two more after B I was looking through the trophy list and it gives you a trophy for every license you get. I think there is an A license and a Burnout license left for you to get.

Holy shit, this is a short game. BTW I am in EST.

crispyben

Rapping Granny said:

There are 7 licenses (Learner's Permit, D, C, B, A, Burnout, Elite), but the last one is optional. All events are reset once you get a new license, except the Burning Routes. You don't have to do the same ones, you just need to do whatever number is required for the next license. There are 120 events total, and you need to win (2+7+15+26+40=)90 of them to get the Burnout License, so you don't have to repeat any of them. To earn the Elite License, you must complete all 120 events (minus the Burning Routes you've already done) once you get the Burnout License.

Rapping Granny said:
URGHH LAME

Holy shit, this is a short game.
No, just no. On both counts.

so am I blind or are we seriously only 3 days removed and still don't have a price for this content?

also: watched the podcast finally and saw the PCPD logo flash on screen, definitely think it's the police pack.

crispyben

bune duggy said:
so am I blind or are we seriously only 3 days removed and still don't have a price for this content?

also: watched the podcast finally and saw the PCPD logo flash on screen, definitely think it's the police pack.
Indeed. That's strange... About that PCP logo, I grabbed it on Friday :) The mystery is in what's in that pack!

crispyben

Rapping Granny said:
It just doesn't feel your making any progress with the game if you accidently do the same event you did 15 minutes ago.
Well, the events get harder with each license, and as I said you don't have to repeat any unless you're going for the Elite License... The game cannot be held responsible for your spinning your tires twice at the same light, can it?

Also, there are many ways to make progress in the game besides the licenses and events, you can rule the roads, showtime them, discover all events, drive-thrus and carparks, smash billboards and gates, fly over superjumps, go online...

Rapping Granny said:
URGHH LAME

Holy shit, this is a short game. BTW I am in EST.
Ok I thought so when you said you had to go to lunch and it was only like 10am here on the west coast. lol

God that barrel roll through the fuselage of the aircraft took me days to pull off sorry it took me so damn long.

Haeleos

Criterion! What's the price of this stuff? I know you can see this, or else you wouldn't have put reset in the game... :p

InterMoniker said:
Ok I thought so when you said you had to go to lunch and it was only like 10am here on the west coast. lol

God that barrel roll through the fuselage of the aircraft took me days to pull off sorry it took me so damn long.

:lol I was about to quit.

The difficulty curve for the challenges went from 0-100 just in that event.

Rapping Granny said:
:lol I was about to quit.

The difficulty curve for the challenges went from 0-100 just in that event.
:lol I don't blame you for wanting to quit hah it was taking me a while.

Does any one know if there is a button to go back to a previous song in-game? I know R1 skips to the next song.

Returners

bune duggy said:

I bet its 5.99 to 7.99, couldn't possibly see it priced @ 8.99 and above.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I caved and bought the disc game for £15 or $22 roughly. wouldve cost me as much to buy a card off a gaffer except I'd have to tie it to a fake psn account.

dont care about party pack so just used my £8 store credit.

its great fun. the city is infinitely better than the one in GTA IV. almost every few feet I find something cool or interesting I want to explore. I love hunting down billboards, I could do that for ages, and the hidden jumps and chain jumps you find are genuinely exhilarating.

props to the level design guys at criterion, paradise city is stunning to drive around and at this early stage seems endlessly interesting and fun. No wonder they have to keep it alive because they can't make a city like this every year or two. not without it becoming some mishmash disjointed 'meh' that is Liberty city.

InterMoniker said:
:lol I don't blame you for wanting to quit hah it was taking me a while.

Does any one know if there is a button to go back to a previous song in-game? I know R1 skips to the next song.

lol I kept hearing your music through the mic, so I turned off mine and started listening to yours. needs more Biggie:lol

should be in stores tomorrow dilly. at least, it should be in GameStops. better be! i can't wait to get my copy and see how far my rig can push one of my favourite games.

fresquito

Does anybody know if the game will appear on Steam?

I've seen the game is available for download at the EA Store, but that store is a joke. You buy a game and you can only download it on the first six months? And you have to pay a 3+ Euros bonus to be available to download it on the next two years? What about you let me download the game as many times as aI wish though my entire life?

Anyway, I¡ll wait for the demo.

Returners

fresquito said:
Does anybody know if the game will appear on Steam?

I've seen the game is available for download at the EA Store, but that store is a joke. You buy a game and you can only download it on the first six months? And you have to pay a 3+ Euros bonus to be available to download it on the next two years? What about you let me download the game as many times as aI wish though my entire life?

Anyway, I¡ll wait for the demo.

D2D will have it tmr morning apparently (according to Jeff G's twitter anyway)

crispyben

And so we find ourselves on the eve of the massive update, still unaware of the Party Pack's price when it's released the day after tomorrow. WTF Criterion Games? You know this kind of silence doesn't sound good, except if you're selling it really cheap, and then it will look as if the DLC is throw-away... Yep, better make it free :D

i shouldn't be this excited to buy Paradise for the 3rd time... but I am. my PC should eat the game alive other than perhaps the ambient occlusion. still looking forwards to see how it looks with that stuff turned on though.

Returners

crispyben said:
And so we find ourselves on the eve of the massive update, still unaware of the Party Pack's price when it's released the day after tomorrow. WTF Criterion Games? You know this kind of silence doesn't sound good, except if you're selling it really cheap, and then it will look as if the DLC is throw-away... Yep, better make it free :D

Ahh crap, I thought it's tmr along with the PSN Store update. :(

Will the free update come on the same day with the pack or earlier?

MechDX

strange_booj said:

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!

So with the new download you can have just simple "point a to point b" racing and dont have to depend on the turn indicator anymore? Like barricaded off sid roads so you dont get lost and take wrong turns???

crispyben

Returners said:
Ahh crap, I thought it's tmr along with the PSN Store update. :(

Will the free update come on the same day with the pack or earlier?
Going back to CG's site, it makes even less sense.. The homepage banner says "two days to go" for the Party Pack/Ultimate Box, the news about the massive update begins by saying it releases on the 6th like the Party Pack then concludes by saying that "Party will also be available on 5th February". Where's the truth???

MechDX said:
So with the new download you can have just simple "point a to point b" racing and dont have to depend on the turn indicator anymore? Like barricaded off sid roads so you dont get lost and take wrong turns???
Whre do you get that in the post you quoted? (or anywhere, really)

crispyben

Returners said:
Crash TV 21 already had something. But not sure I like that change.
I didn't think it was very perceivable, but now I see it, I'm not sure I like it either. But it's here to stay, and I like the new "screen designs" :D

Haeleos

The billboards are a little gaudy looking now, but I like the change to the gates. You can see them from a little farther away now.

Returners

Haeleos said:
The billboards are a little gaudy looking now, but I like the change to the gates. You can see them from a little farther away now.

Super jumps look weird :(

On other note, wheres the announcements regarding the Criterion in-game network thingy? :(

crispyben

Haeleos said:
Not sure what it brings, since most hidden gates won't be any more visible... Oh well, it might help for a few!

Top Bottom