• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Camera Equipment Megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.

itsgreen

Ah ok, that's quite a jump!

I used my bosses 7D for a week on holiday after my D7000 was stolen (3 days before the holiday ffs) and took some of my favorite pictures with it. Having to take my time and check that I'd set everything right because all the buttons are in the wrong place helped :p

The 7Ds 8fps was pretty beasty so I imaging 10 must be a bit nuts. I don't think I've owned a camera that did more than my current 6.5fps, but I've honestly not felt it was something I was missing.

Well, I was goofing around with it while at a neighbours', after I just made a couple of shots in the street. And being able to do 10fps at /15sec (didn't check the settings, was just demoing the fps), made 2 great shots of my neighbour. And that was with manual settings at /15secs. Thats 25% more chance of 'just making a great shot'

So I would say it could work for those spontaneous portrait shots...

yayaba

After one week of playing around with RAW, I'm a believer.

The curse of having so much control at my disposal now is that I feel compelled to muck around with every picture I take now in Lightroom. Ergo more time spent on post processing. But dayum the things you can do!

itsgreen

After one week of playing around with RAW, I'm a believer.

The curse of having so much control at my disposal now is that I feel compelled to muck around with every picture I take now in Lightroom. Ergo more time spent on post processing. But dayum the things you can do!

Haha definitly. So much space to fool around with :) GLHF :)

yayaba

Here's my dramatic examples of RAW vs JPG.

----------------------------

Original JPG:

16191167628_9ed0b1b075_o_d.jpg

RAW tweaked image in Lightroom:

16191411270_c56ec33859_o_d.jpg

Camera: Fuji X-M1 with 23mm f1.4 prime

Taken in Carmel, CA

----------------------------

Original JPG:

16192940757_a8677695a8_o_d.jpg

RAW tweaked image in Lightroom:

16378825395_3c455c9f84_o_d.jpg

Camera: Fuji X-M1 with 23mm f1.4 prime

Taken in Foster City, CA

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
So i impuls ordered the new Alpha 7II yesterday, it'll arive today :D

Can't wait to get my hands on that thing. Gave my Alpha 700 away almost two years ago and nothing really triggered gas for me except this new Alpha line of cameras.

Sec0nd

Does anyone know how Lightroom goes around with storage and its save files?

My mom uses a D800 for photography and edits the photos in Photoshop. Problem is that my mom shoots hundreds of photographs at a time which with the crazy megapixels of the D800 translates to a gigaton of data. The individual photo edits are saved by my mom as .PSD files which also take up quite a bit of storage. So she's constantly running out of storage as one might imagine. I myself use Lightroom to edit my photos but I can't tell you how it handles storage since you don't have to manually save your edits. Would my mom benefit storage-wise if she would switch over to Lightroom?

RuGalz

My mom uses a D800 for photography and edits the photos in Photoshop. Problem is that my mom shoots hundreds of photographs at a time which with the crazy megapixels of the D800 translates to a gigaton of data. The individual photo edits are saved by my mom as .PSD files which also take up quite a bit of storage. So she's constantly running out of storage as one might imagine. I myself use Lightroom to edit my photos but I can't tell you how it handles storage since you don't have to manually save your edits. Would my mom benefit storage-wise if she would switch over to Lightroom?

AFAIK, Lightroom just keeps a history of changes in its catalog and sort of apply them on the fly to each image. It does also generate jpeg preview for the images to store along side of the catalog file for faster viewing, etc. All together, it's pretty small relative to the original image sizes and of course PSD files.

If your mom can do all her editing using the tools Lightroom provides, yes it will save a ton of space. If she tends to do a lot of complex editing then Lightroom just sort of replaces Bridge and Camera Raw (and offers organization capabilities).

Flo_Evans

uh yeah. A typical 36MP .psd is around 150MB. Lightroom will store the original .NEF (around 45MB) a preview (? a few MB) and a really small text file with adjustments.

I have around 6000 photos in my Lightroom catalog (not all are D810) and the previews data is 2.4GB, catalog data is around 125MB. Total .NEF size is around 250GB.

Sec0nd

Thanks guys. In that case it will be worth the effort getting my mother to convert to Lightroom. She's not very tech savvy and it took her long enough to get the hang of Photoshop. Even though Lightroom isn't too different from Photoshop I can imagine she is not looking forward to switching it up again. But the amount of storage she is chewing up is just insane.

DBT85

I know this isn't a hardware question, but does anyone have some forum suggestions for photography I'm on TalkPhotography but so many threads just get overly passive aggressive in the space of 5 posts.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I know this isn't a hardware question, but does anyone have some forum suggestions for photography I'm on TalkPhotography but so many threads just get overly passive aggressive in the space of 5 posts.

Fred Miranda forums are pretty laid back, low on fanboyism from what I've seen, and have a lot of really good photographers. I don't go there for news, but for checking out how people are using particular lenses and for inspiration for picking up new lenses for my kit, especially legacy lens impressions.

For example I've seen a lot of amazing results with the C/Y Zeiss 35-70mm f3.4 posted on there, so I picked it up on the cheap to screw around with for landscapes and macro. 50 page thread on it: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/862783/52 . That's typical over there.

DBT85

Fred Miranda forums are pretty laid back, low on fanboyism from what I've seen, and have a lot of really good photographers. I don't go there for news, but for checking out how people are using particular lenses and for inspiration for picking up new lenses for my kit, especially legacy lens impressions.

For example I've seen a lot of amazing results with the C/Y Zeiss 35-70mm f3.4 posted on there, so I picked it up on the cheap to screw around with for landscapes and macro. 50 page thread on it: http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/862783/52 . That's typical over there.

Thanks for the link. I'll have a look through.

Also found the Independant Photography Forum at tipf.co.uk which seems quite nice and maybe a little more tight knit since it's a bit smaller.

TalkPhotography just far too often descends into pedantry, last word grasping and "I'll do it my way thanks pal" and its just tiresome. So many beginner threads where the OP is after a nice simple clean answer end up with a huge debate and the OP is scared to come back.

Anyway, finally getting my arse in gear to submit my first assignment for my course. Should have been done months ago but there we go.

Lender

Photography on the net is one of my other most frequently visited boards.

FStop7

Banned

fredmiranda.com has pretty mature forums. Potn is okay, too. A lot of camera forums are full of system wars type stuff, unfortunately.

As already mentioned, PSD files are very large. Lightroom is definitely the way to go. I also use Dropbox to back my photos/catalog up and sync it between computers. With DB Pro that's a terabyte of space.

So, I'm not sure if tho is the right place to be asking, but I'm in need of a camera bag. I'm a military photographer (well, a UPAR, which is kinda like a part time photographer), and so I need a black backpack. A messenger bag WILL NOT WORK. I can vary a little bit on the "black" part, but it has to be the primary color, unless there's an ACU colored one lol.

But, I dont want this big huge monstrosity. It seems as though every bag I see iis going to be this huge ass backpack, when all I need is my a6000, two lenses of medium length, and a flash (aside from extra SD cards/cleaning pads). I suppose I could go for a sling, but those tend to put the weight uncomfortably on one shoulder, and I'd pretty much be wearing this all day (thieves in the military and all that).

Any suggestions? I'm looking for something in the $60 range, if possible. Doesn't need to be the hottest thing ever.

Lender

The Canon 24-70 F2.8 II is officially ordered. Hoping to get it tomorrow, or at least before the weekend since there is a great light festival in Ghent. Couple of examples of what I can expect during the event. (not my pics)

de_cagna__medium.jpg

Lichtfestival_Gent_2011.jpg

gentsefeesten_gent11.jpg

Great time to test out the 5D MKIII and 24-70 properly.

Flo_Evans

So, I'm not sure if tho is the right place to be asking, but I'm in need of a camera bag. I'm a military photographer (well, a UPAR, which is kinda like a part time photographer), and so I need a black backpack. A messenger bag WILL NOT WORK. I can vary a little bit on the "black" part, but it has to be the primary color, unless there's an ACU colored one lol.

But, I dont want this big huge monstrosity. It seems as though every bag I see iis going to be this huge ass backpack, when all I need is my a6000, two lenses of medium length, and a flash (aside from extra SD cards/cleaning pads). I suppose I could go for a sling, but those tend to put the weight uncomfortably on one shoulder, and I'd pretty much be wearing this all day (thieves in the military and all that).

Any suggestions? I'm looking for something in the $60 range, if possible. Doesn't need to be the hottest thing ever.

Can you just put a smaller padded case inside a military issue bag? http://shop.fstopgear.com/us/products/icu/micro-icu/tiny-micro-icu.html#.VMlZ6Maq6XI

NoRéN

Hello, everyone. I was hoping to get some recommendations for a beginner's dsrl camera. Budget of around $500. Any information is appreciated(what features I should look for, etc). Thank you.

NoRéN;149568569 said:
Hello, everyone. I was hoping to get some recommendations for a beginner's dsrl camera. Budget of around $500. Any information is appreciated(what features I should look for, etc). Thank you.
Instead of a DSLR, get a mirrorless. Half the weight, all the features. A very good chunk of a DSLR's size goes towards something that has no effect on the picture.

I personally have a Sony a6000, and would never get a DSLR. Its got a viewfinder and everything.
Also, Flo, that bag is a VERY good suggestion, but sadly it seems like it would be a hair too small. But, now I have another angle I can start looking from.

I only use older lenses on adapters, so that increases the length of them significantly.

DBT85

NoRéN;149568569 said:

Whatever you go for, try and get something second hand. People flop in and out of photography constantly and also upgrade for silly little reasons, so there is always a bargain out there on the camera bodies. Lenses less so as they often might not get an updated model for 8+ years.

I've never used one of the mirrorless interchangable lens cameras so I can't tell you which will be better for you. I have a Sony RX100 MIII which is great and has a nice OLED viewfinder, but I still prefer an optical one.

B&H can get you a nice Nikon D5200 DSLR with a 18-55 lens refurbished for $500 or a little less as a used one. Its $646 new.

That camera has a tilty screen, more megapixels that you can shake a small tree at, great image quality, plenty of AF points and the usual smattering of random extras.

If you wanted another lens with it the very good Nikon 55-200mm f4-5.6 can be had for $120 used.

Some important notes for you though.

You are the person who creates the image. You camera just records it. Whether its a $5000 camera or an iPhone, someone who is good at photography can get a nice picture.

Go to a shop and get your hairy palms on some of the cameras you are interested in. Find out how you can change from Auto mode to Shutter Priority or Manual, how you change the shutter speed and aperture, how you change the ISO. If you are going to use the camera often, you want to be comfortable while doing it. If the layout or feel of the camera in your hand is off then its not going to help you.

Canon, Nikon, Fuji, Sony etc all make cameras capable of capturing stunning quality photos. Don't worry about that. I shoot Nikon because when I got my first camera the Nikon for the price felt better in my hand than the Canon. Some of my favorite pictures that I've taken were on a Canon. Now I'm more invested in the system and I know the button layout. When my camera was stolen with all of my gear I was strongly considering swapping, in part because I know nobody else who shoots Nikon.

Managing your photos is going to be something to think about if you use it often. Something like adobe Lightroom will help with that and with editing. It's a free 30 day unlimited trial so give it a whirl.

The big question is, what do you want the camera for? Snaps of your holiday? Your kid playing sports? Insect photos?

leng jai

NoRéN;149568569 said:

I always think a Sony RX100 M2 or M3 are good starter cameras. Excellent IQ, lots of settings you can adjust and the fact they're so compact means they don't really become obsolete should you decide to upgrade to a more serious camera later on.

Hard to make a proper recommendation until you tell us what you're actually using it for.

NoRéN

Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. Now, I'm looking up the info. but if anyone has any good articles to educate me on the differences between DSLR and mirrorless I would greatly appreciate it.

The camera will be used by someone that goes out alot. Outdoor nature pictures, parties(I'm guessing this means low light scenarios), holiday shots, stuff like that. Nothing professional, you know.

I will say this, it seems like a camera with interchangeable lenses would provide a longer shelf life so I would be leaning toward that option.

Ty4on

NoRéN;149605199 said:
Thanks for the recommendations, everyone. Now, I'm looking up the info. but if anyone has any good articles to educate me on the differences between DSLR and mirrorless I would greatly appreciate it.

DSLRs have the mirror that enable direct viewing through the lens without the need of a display (saves power) and have the AF system separated from the sensor. These autofocus systems are usually much faster if you need to track stuff.

Mirrorless can have electronic viewfinders and in either case the viewfinder or LCD will give you a preview of the exposure. The lack of a mirror saves cost (it needs to be aligned precisely) and space and enables smaller lenses, especially for wider angles. Phase detection sensors are needed for good autofocus and because mirrorless cameras with them have them on the sensor they can use them for focusing in video. They can also detect faces and focus on them automatically (some high end DSLRs can do the latter as well).

DSLRs usually have way more native lenses though most are designed for FF and the only FF DSLR below 500$ is from 2005. The lenses still work on crop sensors, but you get the center crop so FoV will be narrower and optical imperfections within the crop will be amplified. Mirrorless can technically use almost any lens with an adapter, but that means no AF and manual aperture settings in most cases. One Canon adapter can AF, but it is super slow and quite expensive.

Look at lens lineups and look for what you want. All of them have budget standard zooms and slow telephoto zooms, but some have various good values be it ultrawide, macro, lowlight etc. etc.
I would look at that and see if I found a killer lens for what you want to do.

Just a curiosity, but one thing I don't know the full extent of is that mirrorless cameras with phase detection sensors seem to have ever so slightly worse low light performance. Take the A7R and D810, we should get similar ISO score from DXO with similar (identical?) sensors and we get 2746 and 2853 which are very similar. With the A7II and D750 though we get 2449 and 2956 and it's even worse (2248) for the A7 while the D600/D610 got the same 2900+ score. This is not a big difference, but I've found it interesting and I know phase detection steals some pixels that need to be interpolated.

Donos

Played with the idea of selling my NEX-6 and the lenses to finance a new beefy PC but everytime i see a photo of the last vacations/parties etc. i say nope.
Never going back to 100€ P&S.
And summer/vacation is right around the corner.

Ty4on

It would be really strange if Canon didn't do anything about their dynamic range, but it does sound a bit too good to be true. I mean dual pixel AF on the next A7R is like dream come true. It's like global shutter and internal 4k on the A7S.
Canonrumors had this to say:
Every few weeks, we get told that Canon will be using a Sony sensor in the upcoming high resolution Canon DSLR. Today was another one of those days.

Direct Quote
&#8220;Canon will buy sony sensors for the next full frame cameras. but they are more a joint venture from Canon and Sony. Sony will make them and they will have EXMOR technology, for Canon they will get the DualPixel AF. So it's a patent exchange that helps both companies. Sony will still sell the sensors to Nikon, but only without the DualPixel technology. Sony has the capacity to produce two lines of these 53MP sensors.&#8221;

I have yet to hear this from someone I know, it's all coming from new and unknown sources. Take this with a salt truck. Thankfully, we won't have long to wait to find out if this is true.

The successor to the 5Dmk3 is rumored to be introduced in February or March and to feature over 50 megapixels.

DBT85

A 5Div with 50mp seems a little crazy a jump from 22mp.

Bear in mind there have been rumours about a mythical 75mp sensor on the way since 2013. Supposedly R G and B layers stacked so the image won't be 75mp, but will be 25mp with a ton of extra range.

Ty4on

Bear in mind there have been rumours about a mythical 75mp sensor on the way since 2013. Supposedly R G and B layers stacked so the image won't be 75mp, but will be 25mp with a ton of extra range.

I don't think it's that crazy with 24MP APS-C sensors. It's pretty much the same pixel pitch like 36MP FF and 16MP APS-C were. MP also look crazier than the actual resolution. 54MP would be 9000x6000 making an 8k crop possible.
Canon did jump from 13 to 21 MP with the 5D mkii and have probably seen a lot of people jump ship to Nikon lately.

I think single pixel RGB (or something that isn't bayer) has been rumored to shake up the industry since the beginning of time :p
Clear pixels also seem to always be right around the corner.

Lender

Curious for the price though. I'm guessing around 4000€ or something like that. I just hope the MKIII doesn't have a huge price drop any time soon since I just bought one. That would suck.

DBT85

I don't think it's that crazy with 24MP APS-C sensors. It's pretty much the same pixel pitch like 36MP FF and 16MP APS-C were. MP also look crazier than the actual resolution. 54MP would be 9000x6000 making an 8k crop possible.
Canon did jump from 13 to 21 MP with the 5D mkii and have probably seen a lot of people jump ship to Nikon lately.

I think single pixel RGB (or something that isn't bayer) has been rumored to shake up the industry since the beginning of time :p
Clear pixels also seem to always be right around the corner.

In terms of pixel pitch maybe not, but even Nikon with all 24mp DX cameras haven't gone beyond 36mp on fx yet.

A jump to 50mp would be huge for certain photographers, but my that's lot of data to shunt about at I'm guessing 7fps ish.

In terms of pixel pitch maybe not, but even Nikon with all 24mp DX cameras haven't gone beyond 36mp on fx yet.

A jump to 50mp would be huge for certain photographers, but my that's lot of data to shunt about at I'm guessing 7fps ish.
Time for a complete transition to XQD cards?

Aurongel

Maybe 50MP figure is counting both pixels and resulting count maybe closer to 30+.

Canon never advertised the 70D and 7Dii as having 40mp despite both having dual pixel technology. They've always advertised the amount of working pixels so I doubt they'd change that now.

It would be really strange if Canon didn't do anything about their dynamic range, but it does sound a bit too good to be true. I mean dual pixel AF on the next A7R is like dream come true. It's like global shutter and internal 4k on the A7S.
Canonrumors had this to say:

My understanding was that only the Sony-manufactured sensors made for Canon would feature their dual pixel technology. I'd love to be wrong though.

Which is why the 52mp monster will be named the 5Ds (or something like that) and will exist alongside a lower resolution 5Div proper.

Flo_Evans

Instead of a DSLR, get a mirrorless. Half the weight, all the features. A very good chunk of a DSLR's size goes towards something that has no effect on the picture.

I personally have a Sony a6000, and would never get a DSLR. Its got a viewfinder and everything.
Also, Flo, that bag is a VERY good suggestion, but sadly it seems like it would be a hair too small. But, now I have another angle I can start looking from.

I only use older lenses on adapters, so that increases the length of them significantly.

They make them in all sorts of sizes. They also make some bags/pouches without straps that a MOLLE compatible. http://shop.fstopgear.com/us/products/dakota/pouches/harney-pouch.html#.VMpiD8aq6XI

These guys main office is actually right down the street from me, good stuff. Kind of pricy but the make some real nice bags that are perfect for outdoors + photography.

RuGalz

Canon never advertised the 70D and 7Dii as having 40mp despite both having dual pixel technology. They've always advertised the amount of working pixels so I doubt they'd change that now.

Except these are rumors, not advertisement, so 50MP can be description of sensor density.

Ty4on

For comparison I think the first 16MP APS-C Sony sensor was available in 2010 while the D800 came out in 2012.
When it comes to handling all that data you're probably right that it won't be the fastest in the world (one rumor said there would be a lower MP version IIRC), but looking at how mobile processors have evolved lately I don't see why it needs to be slow.
My understanding was that only the Sony-manufactured sensors made for Canon would feature their dual pixel technology. I'd love to be wrong though.
That's right. Just seemed odd to me Sony would cooperate and not get any benefit other than a new customer.

They're just rumors though and we should get an idea of what Canons next 5D looks like in the upcoming months.
Does anyone think prices of 5D (classic) and mkii will drop by much? It seems like prices of all 5D models have dropped already with all the mkiii deals and used mkii well within APS-C territory.

Aurongel

Except these are rumors, not advertisement, so 50MP can be description of sensor density.

These rumors originate from CanonRumor's private sources who have never referred to previous DSLR sensor resolutions by the doubled dual pixel amount. Based on their history I'd say it's a safe bet to assume that they'll actually have 52mp of effective resolution even with the dual pixel technology. But I suppose only time will tell us for sure.

If I had to make a prediction, I'd say that the 5Div sensor will be cut from the same wafer that the current 70D/7Dii sensors are. That would bring the actual resolution closer to ~30-36mp. That's just me foolishly speculating though.

Does anyone think prices of 5D (classic) and mkii will drop by much? It seems like prices of all 5D models have dropped already with all the mkiii deals and used mkii well within APS-C territory.

Honestly, I have no clue what the used market will look like for those cameras. When the 6D was announced I expected the prices of used 5Dii's to plummet. Curiously enough, a cursory glance at eBay listings keeps the average price of a used 5dii within $200 of a 6D (on sale). It seems crazy to me that the 5Dii has held onto that price considering the 6D is a far superior camera.

I'm in the market for a full frame upgrade soon and I was shocked at how closely priced a used 5Dii was to a NEW 6D now that the price for the latter is dropping significantly.

alterno69

Banned
I'm cross posting this from the pictures thread cause it might be relevant to some of the regulars to this thread.

So, as some of you may know, i changed my Canon gear for Nikon on December, of course i had to buy the amazing Sigma 35mm 1.4 again for my Nikon bodies.

I got the lens a couple of weeks ago and i immediately noticed it was front focusing like crazy, especially at long distances, so, i had to order the Sigma dock to calibrate the lens myself.

I have to say it's way easier than expected and i think this lens is now sharper than my Canon mount ever was, or maybe it's the crazy amount of pixels on my new D810.

Here's a shot from earlier today during my sons soccer practice.

Testing my calibrated 35mm 1.4 by MOTUS_MX, on Flickr
And here's the 1-1 crop.

1-1 crop by MOTUS_MX, on Flickr

I just love the color rendition on the lens, i have tried three Nikon lenses so far, the 24mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.8 and they don't come close to the awesomeness that the 35mm renders.
Now i don't know if i should keep the dock or sell it.

NoRéN

DSLRs have the mirror that enable direct viewing through the lens without the need of a display (saves power) and have the AF system separated from the sensor. These autofocus systems are usually much faster if you need to track stuff.

Mirrorless can have electronic viewfinders and in either case the viewfinder or LCD will give you a preview of the exposure. The lack of a mirror saves cost (it needs to be aligned precisely) and space and enables smaller lenses, especially for wider angles. Phase detection sensors are needed for good autofocus and because mirrorless cameras with them have them on the sensor they can use them for focusing in video. They can also detect faces and focus on them automatically (some high end DSLRs can do the latter as well).

DSLRs usually have way more native lenses though most are designed for FF and the only FF DSLR below 500$ is from 2005. The lenses still work on crop sensors, but you get the center crop so FoV will be narrower and optical imperfections within the crop will be amplified. Mirrorless can technically use almost any lens with an adapter, but that means no AF and manual aperture settings in most cases. One Canon adapter can AF, but it is super slow and quite expensive.

Look at lens lineups and look for what you want. All of them have budget standard zooms and slow telephoto zooms, but some have various good values be it ultrawide, macro, lowlight etc. etc.
I would look at that and see if I found a killer lens for what you want to do.

Just a curiosity, but one thing I don't know the full extent of is that mirrorless cameras with phase detection sensors seem to have ever so slightly worse low light performance. Take the A7R and D810, we should get similar ISO score from DXO with similar (identical?) sensors and we get 2746 and 2853 which are very similar. With the A7II and D750 though we get 2449 and 2956 and it's even worse (2248) for the A7 while the D600/D610 got the same 2900+ score. This is not a big difference, but I've found it interesting and I know phase detection steals some pixels that need to be interpolated.

Incredibly helpful. Thank you so much.

DBT85

I'm cross posting this from the pictures thread cause it might be relevant to some of the regulars to this thread.

So, as some of you may know, i changed my Canon gear for Nikon on December, of course i had to buy the amazing Sigma 35mm 1.4 again for my Nikon bodies.

I got the lens a couple of weeks ago and i immediately noticed it was front focusing like crazy, especially at long distances, so, i had to order the Sigma dock to calibrate the lens myself.

I have to say it's way easier than expected and i think this lens is now sharper than my Canon mount ever was, or maybe it's the crazy amount of pixels on my new D810.

I just love the color rendition on the lens, i have tried three Nikon lenses so far, the 24mm 2.8, 50mm 1.4 and 85mm 1.8 and they don't come close to the awesomeness that the 35mm renders.
Now i don't know if i should keep the dock or sell it.

Some great sharpness there. How much was the dock?

Maybe keep hold and rent it out to folk at a club or something?

alterno69

Banned
The dock was $60 at BH, plus $55 for shipping to Mexico :( , it was my only choice cause i really needed to adjust the lens, totally worth it.

DBT85

Ouch!

EDIT: This was a question in the photography thread, so I replied to Mr Fresh that I'd answer here!
So I wanna buy my gf a camera for Vday since she loves taking pics with the shitty iphone. Which ones should I consider? Not even sure where to start with this stuff. Would appreciate if you guys DM me with the details so we don't derail the thread thanks!.

Budget is a first consideration, secondly is what she likes to photograph. Is she using the iPhone because it's small and she's always got it on her, or because that's all she's got? If the former than something compact would be good. If she's really into photography then something a bit larger could work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom