• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
They Got Their Miner's Back, Miner's Back, Miner's Back, Miner's Back,
They Got Their Miner's Back, Miner's Back, Miner's Back, Miner's Back,
Barbecue Sauce....

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
You know... Olivia Munn isn't any funnier on the daily show as she is on Attack of the Show... which is to say, not at all. The bratty, self absorbed reporter isn't usually a flattering role :/c

doomed1 said:
You know... Olivia Munn isn't any funnier on the daily show as she is on Attack of the Show... which is to say, not at all. The bratty, self absorbed reporter isn't usually a flattering role :/c

that was kind of the point, TBH. how did you not get that?

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
blame space said:
that was kind of the point, TBH. how did you not get that?
No, I mean it wasn't funny. It just makes her uninteresting and a pain to watch. She can't really pull off the comedic self-centered pretty girl because I can actually believe she IS that kind of person. Her delivery is just off to me.

Zenith

Banned
We don't get Colbert Report in England so was Colbert really planning a counter rally and it fell through or was 1 rally always the plan?

Lead Based Paint said:
Olivia was definitely the worst part of the episode.

Easily the worst "reporter" on the show.
While she is bland, she's much better than that Josh Gann kid (or however you spell his last name). Frankly, the last good addition to the team was Wyatt and even then he took awhile to gel (though personally I prefer Larry Willmore...eh more heh).

We don't get Colbert Report in England so was Colbert really planning a counter rally and it fell through or was 1 rally always the plan?
Pretty sure it was always just 1 rally considering it's being held in the exact same spot on the exact same day.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Zenith said:

I'm surprised they strung along the idea of two rallies so long. I don't think anyone thought there would be two different ones.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
B.K. said:
Jon said on last Thursday night's show that they're going to be airing it on Comedy Central.
He also said it'll be streaming online.

Mr.NiceGuy

Banned
OK guys need some help from you on a n article I'm writing about this show.

I remember a thread here in GAF saying that the daily show and colbert report became America's favorite source for news according to a statistic. where can I find a url to this statistic and the thread ?

Please it's very important for my paper that I have to give it to my teacher tomorrow.

Fusebox

Banned
Saw ANOTHER article from Slate today bitching about this rally because it isn't serious enough. What a bunch of unpleaseable muff muffs.

mj1108

*chases woman down the street*
"HEY! I'M GOING TO PUT YOU ON A BUS!"
"I should have thought that through." :lol :lol

Trurl

Banned
Fusebox said:
Saw ANOTHER article from Slate today bitching about this rally because it isn't serious enough. What a bunch of unpleaseable muff muffs.
If they were serious about this they would have to come out against some of its supporters like HuffPo and arguably Oprah. That would just be awkward.

Veidt

Blasphemer who refuses to accept bagged milk as his personal savior
Eventually, they'll make elect one of your guys as President.

One of our guys, already is...

mj1108 said:
*chases woman down the street*
"HEY! I'M GOING TO PUT YOU ON A BUS!"
"I should have thought that through." :lol :lol
:lol

Thomper

So the Obama-interview will be the entire show tomorrow? Interesting. First time that's ever happened. But then again, first time a sitting US president has been on the show. I'm sure Jon will make it a good interview.

B.K.

I just caught the end of NBC Nightly News's report about Obama being on The Daily Show tonight. From what I heard, it sounded like Jon might not be as soft with Obama as he usually us with politicians.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
B.K. said:
I just caught the end of NBC Nightly News's report about Obama being on The Daily Show tonight. From what I heard, it sounded like Jon might not be as soft with Obama as he usually us with politicians.

I'm not sure I would characterise Jon as soft on politicians, personally. He puts many of them on the spot. And I expect he'll do the same with Obama.

B.K.

It's starting. I wish they would do a Friday show so we could see more of Jason Jones and John Oliver's trip on the bus to D.C..

Top Bottom