• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Daily Show Thread with Jon Stewart

Thomper

I've only watched the first two minutes so far. I just want to say this: The Colbert Report-theme being played live is awesome. That is all.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Peta criticized Biden for handing out hot dogs to the troops on the colbert report :lol

I really hope they organize smaller meetings around the country, and I mean everywhere. I live out in the middle of nowhere.

Spoilers for the Colbert Report's announcement:
Someone found a website which seems to be announcing a competing rally (Which I totally called earlier in this thread). It's right here. This is going to be awesome, but I hope they don't actually split the events. Maybe place an Odd Couple line down the steps of the Memorial.

Bread

Banned
Jon should have just skipped his solo part of the show for a 30 minute Clinton interview, I could listen to him talk all day

The Comedy Network (in Canada) is pissing me off. We get new episodes of The Daily Show at 10pm now, which is great... but we're getting reruns of Colbert?

Pastry

Banned
lunarworks said:
The Comedy Network (in Canada) is pissing me off. We get new episodes of The Daily Show at 10pm now, which is great... but we're getting reruns of Colbert?
Eh? Is the Daily Show popular in Canada? Just seems strange that a comedy show focusing on American politics would be popular there. The show is consistently funny though and I guess our politics prove to be endlessly entertaining and impact a little
more than just us.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Pastry said:
Eh? Is the Daily Show popular in Canada? Just seems strange that a comedy show focusing on American politics would be popular there. The show is consistently funny though and I guess our politics prove to be endlessly entertaining and impact a little
more than just us.

Canadians like satire, but probably since the early '00s The Daily Show has been the only option.

Besides, Canadians are so desperate for attention that media people here like to bring up that Samantha Bee and Jason Jones are Canadian. :lol

Firestorm

Pastry said:
more than just us.
Well, I'm Canadian and I'm the OP =P Besides, making fun of America is one of our favourite pastimes!

Socreges

Banned
firehawk12 said:
Besides, Canadians are so desperate for attention that media people here like to bring up that Samantha Bee and Jason Jones are Canadian. :lol
And what media people are these? Unless you're talking about the trash that is E Talk and ET Canada? Those shows are pathetic and poorly conceived.

Pastry said:
Eh? Is the Daily Show popular in Canada? Just seems strange that a comedy show focusing on American politics would be popular there. The show is consistently funny though and I guess our politics prove to be endlessly entertaining and impact a little more than just us.
Exactly. The trajectory of U.S. politics has an enormous influence on Canada and the rest of the world. Some of us are pretty aware of what's going on. But the big thing is that no background is necessary to laugh at bigoted politicians, idiotic presidents, and FOX News. It's a zoo. A zoo that has a big hand in determining the world's future. There's also a heavy focus on international issues and with a very global outlook. It's easy to relate to the frustration, regardless of nationality.

And I'm a major in PoliSci (IR) so I'm an even bigger fan than most.

The Colbert Report is a bit different. When they do "Better Know A District", I don't care about the congressman whatsoever. But Colbert is a genius and can make just about anything funny.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
"Please welcome the CEO of Google... least that's what it said when I looked him up on Bing ::Bing chime:: "

:lol :lol :lol

Boogie

Socreges said:
And I'm a major in PoliSci (IR) so I'm an even bigger fan than most.

My American foreign policy prof at UofT would frequently spend the first 10 minutes of a lecture recapping the previous night's episode of TDS and how certain topics applied to the course. :lol

Socreges said:
And what media people are these? Unless you're talking about the trash that is E Talk and ET Canada? Those shows are pathetic and poorly conceived.

Actually I've heard interviews on CBC Radio 1 with both of them and yes, it's mentioned everytime w/o fail.

ManDudeChild said:
Actually I've heard interviews on CBC Radio 1 with both of them and yes, it's mentioned everytime w/o fail.
???

That's a pretty big difference than constantly trumpeting that they're Canadian. Why wouldn't the interviewer bring it up for their listeners? It's quite relevent.

Dartastic

Jon Stewart said:
Of course Colbert is more embarrassed than the House of Representatives! Colbert still has dignity and integrity left to lose!

OH SHIT! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

...also, Olivia Munn was actually pretty damn funny at the end of the episode.

Top Bottom