• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Final Fantasy XIII TRIAL VERSION Thread

I hate the story in AC, but the fight scenes are entertaining. Overall, it's a pretty disappointing movie, only good for eye candy. I hope my FFXIII demo arrives on Friday, can't wait to try out the new combat system

inner-G

Banned
HK-47 said:
And if you like AC then you obviously must hate VII, since it takes a huge dump all over the story and established characters all for some high octane fight sequences.
Thank you for telling me what I like and hate. I feel like I've been so lost all these years.

jett said:
I don't understand people actually wanting a FF7 remake. That is, people with supposed taste. Why do you want Squeenix to waste time and talented manpower in a shitty storyline, shitty characters and severely dated gameplay?

I'd rather have a new game.

Because VII has unexplainable awesome in it.

jett

D-Member
AC had nice action scenes. I didn't expect anything else. The story is crap and nonsensical, and "Complete" will probably fix non of that. The shitty framerate rendering annoyed me more than anything. When the camera pans everything looks choppier than normal for a film.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
HK-47 said:
How about a translation that isnt shitty? Characters that dont look like Lego people? Added content? An end to the damn whining?

(off topic, not referring to you)

And if you like AC then you obviously must hate VII, since it takes a huge dump all over the story and established characters all for some high octane fight sequences. In fact, the whole Compilation of FFVII is full of shittiness save Crisis Core, a good game that expanded upon a character in a good way. Of course Genesis nearly fucked that up, being the shitty character he is.

Genesis.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
can we can all the bullshit?

What's the point of an official thread if everyone is going to just bicker for 400 plus posts?

rename : TOO EARLY PRE TRIAL EDITION RELEASE SQUABBLE FEST, NO INFO.

Kagari said:

There is too much good in that game to be ruined by that tit, thankfully. Dirge is a fucking wreck of a game with a shitty plot, though, AC really took a dump on the characters (even if the action was nice), and BC is full of fucking dumbass ridiculous retcons like Rufus funding AVALANCHE. Hurrah for Crisis Core.

Genesis can be ignored if you didnt like that part, which is good, because i dont think Crisis Core should be put down because of his inclusion
the rest of it weaves perfectly into FFVII - its actually kinda scary if you go back and play VII right after CC, it almost fits TOO well, like they planned it all along

inner-G

Banned
I think a lot of the demand for a remake has to do with the legions of VII fans that actually like the 'outdated' gameplay mechanics. They've not been satisfied with the last couple of entries and demand is ripe for a return to classic form.

LiK

worldrevolution said:
Why do people want FF7 remake so badly? Even for GAF this kind of begging is slightly odd. What would you get in a remake? Updated graphics and some tweaks? I'll admit a remake like Resident Evil is appreciated because of how much they added/changed, but even then I still would rather play my PSX copy of RE Director's Cut. Why? Because THAT'S the game I fell in love with and played to death over a decade ago. The same with FF7. If I want a reason to play FF7 again, all I have to do is remember how good of a game it was, and then pop it in.

Sorry but I'm not a graphics whore. I don't need everything in HD. I wouldn't care if FF13 was released for the DS, I would still buy it (as you'll see with DQ9). If you're an RPG fan you play for the story, that's it. There's a reason people still think Chrono Trigger blows the piss out of RPGs that came out every generation after it - it's a good game. FF7 is a good game as well, I suggest you play it right now instead of waiting for some imaginary remake.

In the end I don't want companies to waste time and money on remakes of games I've already played and own. Appreciate how good games were back then. The fact that you want a remake of a game that was made over 10 years ago and looks 'bad' by today's standards proves just how amazing and perfect it is just the way it is, doesn't it? You feel enough for the game that you would buy AND play it again. On the other hand, you don't want a remake of FF Mystic Quest, or Beyond the Beyond do you? Why? Because they didn't enthrall you the way FF7 did. Respect what you already have.

Anyway, back on-topic..I'm gonna check amazon.jp all day to see if they ship it early..........

we just want to hear the Jenova theme in 7.1 audio ;P

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
GoldandBlue said:
:lol I think this thread was made a little too early. FF7 whining again? Wasn't there enough in the FFXIII news thread?

Look, you are gonna have that in any thread regarding FF, no matter what FFs are being discussed. Considering that we are still waiting for something along the lines of footage or screens from the demo, I dont see why its such a big deal

Tiduz

Eurogaime
APZonerunner said:
There is too much good in that game to be ruined by that wat, thankfully. Dirge is a fucking wreck of a game with a shitty plot, though, AC really took a dump on the characters (even if the action was nice), and BC is full of fucking dumbass ridiculous retcons like Rufus funding AVALANCHE. Hurrah for Crisis Core.

id edit that post if i were you, its a bannable offense. just trying to help you out.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
GoldandBlue said:
:lol I think this thread was made a little too early. FF7 whining again? Wasn't there enough in the FFXIII news thread?

Ah well, stuff was getting leaked, but the leak stopped.

Either way, stay on topic guys. Go make a separate thread if you want to rant D:

Tiduz said:
id edit that post if i were you, its a bannable offense. just trying to help you out.

Fair point. Perhaps my feelings towards Genesis shouldn't be so strong. Thanks. Either way, Genesis sucks ass.

Aeana said:
Huh? It's full, and it loops twice. Should be 3:07 or so.

I am listening to the link version here. I listened to the demo version recently because I played the demo of FFVII. This version here is missing the last bit at the end of the track before it repeats from the beginning. If I could put up a copy of what I am talking about right now I'd do it. But that would take some time.

I dont get all the agro over the ACC story though, seriously
Just replace 'Sephiroth'/Jenova to Loz/Kadaj/Yazoo and it's basically the same as FFVII, about Jenova Reunion so Sephiroth can return, minus the black materia/meteor stuff, it's simple.

Kagari said:
Ah well, stuff was getting leaked, but the leak stopped.

Either way, stay on topic guys. Go make a separate thread if you want to rant D:

How we stay on topic? There's nothing to say, and things got confusing, I don't know if battles are real time, random or some strange mix....

Damn it, I want a video NOW!. :lol

LiK

BlazingDarkness said:
Just replace 'Sephiroth'/Jenova to Loz/Kadaj/Yazoo and it's basically the same as FFVII, about Jenova Reunion so Sephiroth can return, minus the black materia/meteor stuff, it's simple.

we just needed more Yuffie :3

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
APZonerunner said:
Fair point. Perhaps my feelings towards Genesis shouldn't be so strong. Thanks. Either way, Genesis sucks ass.

No, he's bad enough to warrant the insult. Its just the law around here doesnt look to kindly on such slurs

BlazingDarkness said:

So little is actually explained, though. I think that's why many people have a problem. Honestly, looking at how they set up Crisis Core now, it almost feels like AC would've been more satisfying if it was Genesis trying to bring Sephiroth back (since Dirge makes it clear he survives CC) rather than these three new dudes out of nowhere. Seems they want to save that for FF7-2 though.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Relaxed Muscle said:
How we stay on topic? There's nothing to say, and things got confusing, I don't know if battles are real time, random or some strange mix....

Damn it, I want a video NOW!. :lol

Battle system in the demo isn't even the full version.

APZonerunner said:
So little is actually explained, though. I think that's why many people have a problem. Honestly, looking at how they set up Crisis Core now, it almost feels like AC would've been more satisfying if it was Genesis trying to bring Sephiroth back (since Dirge makes it clear he survives CC) rather than these three new dudes out of nowhere. Seems they want to save that for FF7-2 though.
But Genesis is a good guy in the end D: :lol
and 'those three dudes' are essentially Sephiroth himself lol

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Haunted said:
They see me buyin' demos, they hatin'.

edit: AC had a story? I just remember the fight scenes. :<

Which I liked.
buying demos is how we roll

I didn't think AC was all that bad. I mean, yeah, it's got a loltastic story, but it's exactly what they set out to make-- an FFVII action flick for furries and fans. It's pretty successful at that.

BlazingDarkness said:
But Genesis is a good guy in the end D: :lol
and 'those three dudes' are essentially Sephiroth himself lol

Do we really know that? The secret ending of Dirge makes jack shit clear really. As for them being Sephiroth, they're not actually Sephiroth, but more a manifestation of his will, and it's not clear exactly what they are 'til later on. The biggest issue with the movie was that them and their existance was very poorly explained.

APZonerunner said:
Do we really know that? The secret ending of Dirge makes jack shit clear really. As for them being Sephiroth, they're not actually Sephiroth, but more a manifestation of his will, and it's not clear exactly what they are 'til later on. The biggest issue with the movie was that them and their existance was very poorly explained.

yes they are his will, like the Sephiroth we saw throughout most of FFVII was (using Jenova as a vessel)

And yeah, we do know that, Genesis refuses to go with the deepground members at the end of CC, and seals himself within a water chamber beneath midgar, so one day he can use 'the gift of the goddess' to be a Hero, and protect the planet. Which implies that at the end of DoC, there is a new threat.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
This discussion about something something tea tells me that we don't have any vids yet.

disappointing =p

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
If you bought the demo, watching that stream will be dumb. Just chill and don't spoil. :D

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Kagari said:
At 9:45 tonight some guy will be playing it on justintv.

zl5342.jpg

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Mine says 12:45 today, which is basically an hour and a half away, so yeah, it must change based on time zones. :D

worldrevolution said:
Why do people want FF7 remake so badly? Even for GAF this kind of begging is slightly odd. What would you get in a remake? Updated graphics and some tweaks? I'll admit a remake like Resident Evil is appreciated because of how much they added/changed, but even then I still would rather play my PSX copy of RE Director's Cut. Why? Because THAT'S the game I fell in love with and played to death over a decade ago. The same with FF7. If I want a reason to play FF7 again, all I have to do is remember how good of a game it was, and then pop it in.

Sorry but I'm not a graphics whore. I don't need everything in HD. I wouldn't care if FF13 was released for the DS, I would still buy it (as you'll see with DQ9). If you're an RPG fan you play for the story, that's it. There's a reason people still think Chrono Trigger blows the piss out of RPGs that came out every generation after it - it's a good game. FF7 is a good game as well, I suggest you play it right now instead of waiting for some imaginary remake.

In the end I don't want companies to waste time and money on remakes of games I've already played and own. Appreciate how good games were back then. The fact that you want a remake of a game that was made over 10 years ago and looks 'bad' by today's standards proves just how amazing and perfect it is just the way it is, doesn't it? You feel enough for the game that you would buy AND play it again. On the other hand, you don't want a remake of FF Mystic Quest, or Beyond the Beyond do you? Why? Because they didn't enthrall you the way FF7 did. Respect what you already have.

Anyway, back on-topic..I'm gonna check amazon.jp all day to see if they ship it early..........

The only reason I'd want a remake is so they could fix what is broken about it and complete what was incomplete and rushed. Note: what I consider wrong with it may not be what the majority of its fanboys think. Also: a remake would only be made worse by the new and improved Nomura. DO NOT WANT. Sometimes people don't think what a remake of this today would really result in. If they do and they still want one...then they are only graphics whores who want to wank to Cloud & Sephiroth in HD
making luv with hd assets

inner-G said:
Because VII has unexplainable awesome and crap in it.

Yes. But that can happen with rush jobs. Like how horrible the music sounds with synthesized farts replacing all the brass instruments. So riveting. I came so much in so little time. It truly was the "RPG of the century." The whole "first 3D RPG" thing still blinds most people who love this. I just accept it for what it is. It is an overhyped, overbudgeted, messy rush job with some good parts that save it, and some signs of what once was good but later removed/replaced.

inner-G said:
I think a lot of the demand for a remake has to do with the legions of VII fans that actually like the 'outdated' gameplay mechanics. They've not been satisfied with the last couple of entries and demand is ripe for a return to classic form.

Good, good. Now call FF7 the first FF. Then I will favorite you...
to death

inner-G

Banned
xs_mini_neo said:
Yes. But that can happen with rush jobs. Like how horrible the music sounds with synthesized farts replacing all the brass instruments. So riveting. I came so much in so little time. It truly was the "RPG of the century." The whole "first 3D RPG" thing still blinds most people who love this.
I actually never owned a PS1.

I played VII on my PS2 after I played X, so that 'new 3D feeling' didn't have much effect on my opinions :lol

*edit*
STREAM IS LIVE
http://ja.justin.tv/esegk

Top Bottom