• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Grand Theft Auto IV thread: The World Is Yours

flunkie4455 said:
I like that about Niko. He doesn't get into the drugs and stuff. I think that's cool. Kinda adds to his character.

Was about to say the same damn thing :D Agreed! He is wholesome in a "need to kill when neccesary" basis. :)

Linkzg said:
multiplayer kind of sucks.

maybe I just need to play against gaf people or something. I got invites when I was first playing, but they dropped off and now that I want to play multi I aint getting none.

This is exactly why I haven't made hardly any progress on the main game. Too much multiplayer...but I knew when it dropped off, I would kick back into single player.

BenjaminBirdie said:
Nah, I like that about him. Barely drinks too. But he's funny. I like that about him. He doesn't need to snort bumps. Rails. Lines. Creases. Rock. Pandemic.

What were we talking about again?

Yeah. He's such a great character. Definitely memorable for years to come.

Choc

Banned
i killed Francis. I was going to off Derek but when Francis was a total moron to me when he was telling me to meet in the park, that turned me.

Tobor

I've just finished playing this game for 6 straight hours. My eyes are crossed and my hands are cramped.

This game is so fucking awesome.

Choc

Banned
Spoiler about Niko's character.

Does anyone like the fact that Rockstar really didn't glamourise crime life this time around. Unlike GTA 3 where you become the big guy and take out the big guy, Niko continuosly gets done over and ends up with almost nothing, showing what a life of crime can be like. Niko also gives me the impression he doesn't enjoy what he does, he does it to get by and get his revenge but other then that he doesn't want to be the mob boss etc. What do you guys think

Flunkie

Banned
Syb said:
Help, Help! Ive got a tough decision!

Kill Derrick
or
Francis
?
I
killed Francis, purely because he was a a jerk, and I felt sorry for Derrick. None of the McCrearies liked Francis anyways.. I did hear that killing Derrick and keeping Francis will earn you a perk from Francis that will lower your wanted level, but I've yet to see any official word on whether it's true or not. Either way, you get a similar mission afterwards, it's just a different person "involved" in the mission (not gonna spoil it for you).

I just based the decision on who I felt the most sorry for and who I thought deserved to die the most, just like I did with Dwayne and Playboy X.

mileS

Man this game looks fantastic on a standard def TV! I was over at my friends house early watching him play for a bit.

Syb

flunkie4455 said:
I
killed Francis, purely because he was a a jerk, and I felt sorry for Derrick. None of the McCrearies liked Francis anyways.. I did hear that killing Derrick and keeping Francis will earn you a perk from Francis that will lower your wanted level, but I've yet to see any official word on whether it's true or not. I just based the decision on who I felt the most sorry for and who I thought deserved to die the most, just like I did with Dwayne and Playboy X.
He lowers your wanted level? I heard that when you're dating KiKi a smiliar perk is unlocked? I see no point in doubling up on perks, so I guess I'll go with my gut judgement - Goodbye Francis!

Goddamn, every time you think you're going to get the same type of mission, there's some sort of subtle twist, I love it. This game is badass as hell. For all the people bitching that haven't beaten it, just keep playing, the game likes to suprise you when you least expect it. Constantly.

Struct09

ein zwei drei, shiggy shiggy schweine!

I never thought that a Russian pop song could get stuck in my head

Wollan

Choc said:
Spoiler about Niko's character.

Does anyone like the fact that Rockstar really didn't glamourise crime life this time around. Unlike GTA 3 where you become the big guy and take out the big guy, Niko continuosly gets done over and ends up with almost nothing, showing what a life of crime can be like. Niko also gives me the impression he doesn't enjoy what he does, he does it to get by and get his revenge but other then that he doesn't want to be the mob boss etc. What do you guys think

Complete game arc:
I liked the arc Niko went through. First it was normal life, helping out with some driving, pickups..etc. Rooting himself in the new country. Then stuff started to get serious and Niko regrettably helps out in violent fashions. He starts killing again and they get rid of Vlad who's been threatening them all this time. Then Dimitri get's involved and it ends with Roman & Niko having to escape that part of the city. Niko is now pretty much fully in the killing rythm again so he's starting to take larger and larger sums becoming a professional assassin/mercenary. His actions are wanted everywhere, there are personal conflicts galore near the end and when seemingly all loose ends are dealt with, he sees that they didn't win anything, there are no fresh beginnings.

Struct09 said:

I never thought that a Russian pop song could get stuck in my head

what is that song called?

EazyB

Banned
Just beat the game tonight. Took a little under 30 hrs but I didn't do a whole ton of side missions. Ended with an addiction level of: "Bummed in the Gob". Kinda let down buy the ending, vague spoiler:
It wasn't that satisfying to chase the last guy down. An epic battle up a skyscraper woulda been amazing.
Great fun, I'm already dying to see what the DLC is.

I finished the game with 80K+ (never needed to go to the gun shop) and once again found money to be completely useless. Are there properties I can buy or something else I missed?

Struct09

Linkzg said:
what is that song called?

Schweine by Glukoza

mbhjjr.jpg

Brashnir

EazyB said:
Just beat the game tonight. Took a little under 30 hrs but I didn't do a whole ton of side missions. Ended with an addiction level of: "Bummed in the Gob". Kinda let down buy the ending, vague spoiler:
It wasn't that satisfying to chase the last guy down. An epic battle up a skyscraper woulda been amazing.
Great fun, I'm already dying to see what the DLC is.

I finished the game with 80K+ (never needed to go to the gun shop) and once again found money to be completely useless. Are there properties I can buy or something else I missed?

I hope you mean 800k+

you get 250k from Three leaf Clover

voltron

BenjaminBirdie said:
Nah, I like that about him. Barely drinks too. But he's funny. I like that about him. He doesn't need to snort bumps. Rails. Lines. Creases. Rock. Pandemic.

What were we talking about again?

Yeah I totally agree... I like what it says about his character. I just think it would have been cool to have him do a couple lines just for those really big jobs. After the character development sets him up to not be into that shit.... if he had the occasional line for that really big job it would have been kinda cool I think.

acevans2

Hey guys, can I get some help?

Mission:
It's a mission with Frankie McReary where he wants me to get an interview with a company and take the guy out when I'm one-on-one with him in the interview. I've applied, got the suit, and scheduled the interview...

My Question:
Where's the interview!? It's 7:30 and I need to be there at 12:00. :( I have no idea where I'm supposed to be.

Choc

Banned
Maggot9 said:
Just beat the game, hooray for me!

what happens if you take the deal instead of kill Dimitri?

Kate doesn't die, Roman does and you chase Dimitri last level not Pegerino

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
acevans2 said:

Mission:
It's a mission with Frankie McReary where he wants me to get an interview with a company and take the guy out when I'm one-on-one with him in the interview. I've applied, got the suit, and scheduled the interview...

My Question:
Where's the interview!? It's 7:30 and I need to be there at 12:00. :( I have no idea where I'm supposed to be.
If you check your email where you applied for the interview. In there it says on their website the address is something like 44 somethingorother road. Anyway it says it in there. Then if you look on your map its next to a burger joint on a long road.

You will end up being late, but its no big deal. I was like 2 hours late. Just be down there close and eventually a tie will show up on your hud and you drive there.

Choc

Banned
acevans2 said:

Mission:

My Question:

Two hours before it will be added to the map as a tie

Brashnir

acevans2 said:

Mission:

My Question:

the icon should show up on the map 2 hours before the interview. It's in the Southeast area of Algonquin

vumpler

Holy shit this game is getting annoyyying. I just hit 45% and I'm sick off all the damn filler. The plot finally starts moving along and then "oh I'll call you later with more details" which means go do more of these stupid repeat missions for these stupid guys that keep coming into the game. I have no caring for these guys at all. I mean honestly its to the point where our character is doing Favors for a friend, of a friends friend, who's friends with a guy that knows your brother.

How in the fuck? Over what? Just a small amount of money when I have 450k? NO I can't use another $8,000 I already have half a fucking million!$@@!$

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
acevans2 said:

Mission:

My Question:

I hate this mission with a passion. One cause of the requirement to get in the door, had to keep running back to the shop, and two cause I felt horrible after doing it

EazyB

Banned
Brashnir said:
I hope you mean 800k+
Oops, yeah, 800. But are there any properties? There's only a few and there are many parts of the map that are very far away from a safehouse.

Choc said:
Kate doesn't die, Roman does and you chase Dimitri last level not Pegerino
That sounds like a better ending story-wise. Still happier with the route I took though
(didn't care for kate that much) does she put out if she lives?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Brashnir said:
you can just steal another one. it's a Comet. The good cars for racing are all the cars that look like they'd be good for racing, basically.

Well its just I want that car and I was wondering if there was a place where they appeared more frequently

vumpler

vumpler said:
Holy shit this game is getting annoyyying. I just hit 45% and I'm sick off all the damn filler. The plot finally starts moving along and then "oh I'll call you later with more details" which means go do more of these stupid repeat missions for these stupid guys that keep coming into the game. I have no caring for these guys at all. I mean honestly its to the point where our character is doing Favors for a friend, of a friends friend, who's friends with a guy that knows your brother.

How in the fuck? Over what? Just a small amount of money when I have 450k? NO I can't use another $8,000 I already have half a fucking million!$@@!$
I'm quoting this because I don't know but I'm frustrated

Choc

Banned
EazyB said:
Oops, yeah, 800. But are there any properties? There's only a few and there are many parts of the map that are very far away from a safehouse.

That sounds like a better ending story-wise. Still happier with the route I took though
(didn't care for kate that much) does she put out if she lives?

I just thought of the DLC. Kate gets with you, Packie starts a fight, Niko vs Pakie fight. You win you get kate. haha :) as for your question dunno, went revenge.

what is total crap about a dish served cold is Kate tells you not to go for the money, yet she dies because of it, CRAP!

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
/b/ is a section of 4chan.
It's pretty goddamn we-todd-ed

EazyB

Banned
HK-47 said:
Well its just I want that car and I was wondering if there was a place where they appeared more frequently
Semi-unrelated car spoiler:
I've got the car Bennie gives you at one of my safehouses but I'm afraid to take it out because I've never seen another one so if I lose it I could be screwed. Anyway to get it another one?

Top Bottom