• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

So what is that Custom Robo Gundam? Looks awful. Also

gg-0045.png

Oh c'mon man.

I can see the appeal, but a Gunpla-centered series visibly aimed at kids just isn't what I wanted. I almost cried when they said "As for director Tomino's new series and the adaptation of Origin, please wait until 2014/2015" é_è

Fall 2014 would be the 35th anniversary... so that would work.

I just saw a model kit that looked like Char's Zaku with missile launchers and shit. Can't wait to see that animated in this show.

So pumped.

Edit: New Tomino project after Build Fighters. Could it be G Reko?

OH FUCK
HGUC V2

MY DREAMS OF HGUC F91 AND VICTORY KITS YES YES YES. I knew those MSes weren't too small for the scale

513ItR1L7GL.jpg

This was awesome. Make it like this.

That's what I'm hoping for too, dude. Gunpla Builders, while a blatant ad for Gunpla, got me pumped as hell.

I can't wait to see all the crazy custom suits and MSV animated.

I'm sooo fucking pumped right now guys. You don't even understand. I

duckroll

Gunpla Builders was directed by Kou Matsuo, a really talented director. Gundam Build Fighters is directed by Kenji Nagasaki, not a very talented director. I wouldn't expect much. Plus, it's a TV series and not a short promo film, so it probably won't even look as good. :(

The Gunpla Builders OVA was awesome.

It's airing on TV Tokyo, which is odd, since MBS/TBS had Gundam locked down for years. Way to go, AGE.

Yeah I was thinking that too, but then I realized that the recent SD Gundam aired on TV Tokyo too. Maybe they consider this a spinoff sort of series rather than the actual "next major Gundam TV series"?

It's very possible and I wouldn't be surprised.

I think tonight lends more credence to the theory that The Origin is going to be an OVA, rather than a full series. Maybe they're just going to be doing the stuff that wasn't in the original series, like Volumes 9-14? In any case, if it is an OVA, it will probably replace Unicorn after it finishes

teaser_03.jpg

I need that Amazing Zaku

PhiLonius

I think tonight lends more credence to the theory that The Origin is going to be an OVA, rather than a full series. Maybe they're just going to be doing the stuff that wasn't in the original series, like Volumes 9-14? In any case, if it is an OVA, it will probably replace Unicorn after it finishes

Would prefer this.

fertygo

Yeah I was thinking that too, but then I realized that the recent SD Gundam aired on TV Tokyo too. Maybe they consider this a spinoff sort of series rather than the actual "next major Gundam TV series"?

Well, that should've obvious this is some morning show like Danball Wars for kids, only with "Gundam"

Probably they gonna even use CG.

Jubern

Gundam SEED Destiny HD Remaster 13

Putting aside the stupidity of allying with the OMNI in the first place (pointed that out last week and the one before that), Yuna make sound arguments about Cagalli's situation and how clueless/helpless she is about running a country. Too bad those arguments only work because of the way they wrecked the character and plot altogether.

Seeing Wartfeld and Murrue's chemistry in this episode and the last one is a strange thing. This episode makes it look like we have two adults who have lost a lot, but got better after two years thank to each other, and there might be something more going on. Except we know that's not how it'll go, even if it's our first time watching the series (
There's fucking Neo
). Interesting talk about going to PLANT, Durandal and everything. It was one of the best scenes I noticed in this rewatch, too bad it lose all relevance...

IN THIS VERY EPISODE.

Because yeah, it's time for that assassin's squad sent by no other than
Durandal
to come in and try to kill the Empress. And so, the Freedom is back. Big fucking surprise: this fight was by far the most touched up scene in the series so far.

Next episode is the effing marriage, ugh.

Strangely enough, the Special Edition I ending song played again this week. It made sense last week, but not here, I sure hope they don't intend to use this thing to completely replace the original ending song for the second cour.

TreIII

Just watched the trailer for Build Fighters. This looks pretty good.

Love the different eras popping up.

Indeed, it looks interesting enough.

Of course, now it makes sense why the likes of Gundam Breaker has been pushed so hard. Maybe another round of DLC to promote the show's release?

Beth Cyra

Well Astray Blue Fame Second Rivise came in the mail.

I got to say, after working with the XXX G Frame, Leo Frame and GAT Frame for so long, it really makes you just shake your head when a kit as old has Blue Frame shits all over all three frame's when it comes to inner detail.

I was not expecting Strike, Wing, and X to be the three cover boys for the new builders show.

Just saw the HG Lead Gundam Line.

We all knew it would come eventually, but Wing is finally getting an HGAC line. Wing TV is kicking it off, and it's coming in September, which means Wing is getting alot of releases this fall. HGAC Wing TV, Merc and Vayate RD, and MG Wing Gundam Proto Zero three months in a row.

I'm also happy to see that Bandai will be dropping a HGAW Double X on us as well as a HGUC Victory and V2. I will be picking up all 5, and a couple different Wing Gundam HG's so I can have one in Flight and one in Mobile suit. Also really interested in the Wing/Knight hybrid for the show, sadly that is the only one of the main four they aren't showing off.

Also just watched the trailer for the new line. I'm surprised they are pushing Wing so hard. Granted I'm all over it, however I guess this would explain the reason they're saving Wing/Knight for later.

Finally watched the show trailer. I'm glad it's the red haired kid that seems to be the lead.

Also, the All Red Wing Gundam (about ready to strike the...well Strike pose which was very odd) is SEXY. Plus combine it with the Promo Image and it's clear that it will get decent air time and at least one Upgrade. Going through everything though, it's weird how G Gundam seems to be getting snubbed.

Granted it already has a HGFC line with all the leads, but it's still getting another release, but them using X over G for the show is not something I would have predicted.

CorvoSol

Finished my G Gundam rewatch last night. Pretty sure it is scientifically impossible for a man to not cry at the end of episode 45.

Anyone going to Anime Expo this week? I hear they're screening Unicorn Episode 6 there. They are also having two Gunpla events as well

Beth Cyra

Too bad Correct Century is being ignored AGAIN.

That wasn't stock. Also Turn A and the CC was listed as one of the main Series being repped in the new show.

Not only that, but Turn A is just old enough we are likely to see an HGCC Turn A to go along with HGAC Wing and HGAW DX in the new lead Gundam HG's.

Beth Cyra

It is, absolutely no kitbashing going on in that picture.

edit: on a somewhat unrelated topic.

UeTXmlD.png

Damn. It would be sweet to get GLory. Easily shits all over Gundam Wing TV and Endless Waltz.

Rarely use Tumblr, but I went ahead and liked it. If only to get a decent version of Wing over hear so people can stop loving on the mess that is the TV series.

Beth Cyra

fwiw, i think that the vertical tumblr is run by interns?

Given they have no idea what Glory is, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. I can't imagine with a Group of people bringing out The Origin this would completely slip by any company that was the least bit interested. With Wing being easily number 1 in NA to this day, it's likely the people who could make anything happen, have known about this for a good while.

blind51de

Banned
This is stock?

It's a normal Gold Sumo loadout, yes. I just noticed Corin's Eagail too.
There wasn't a lot of custom bash sort of units in that PV besides the Crossbone Vanguard guys in the Einerads. If you don't count Musha or Bearguy. I want to see more custom units if they're making another Gunpla special.

If Turn A does show up in any way, I'll be happy.

G-Exes and Dark Hound are kind of cool too. In any case, it's pretty clear that Sunrise hasn't abandoned AGE, because they're still releasing content related to it, such as the Memory of Eden, which is coming out this month.

If Sunrise was truly ashamed of AGE, they would have buried it like they did X.

Jubern

G-Exes and Dark Hound are kind of cool too. In any case, it's pretty clear that Sunrise hasn't abandoned AGE, because they're still releasing content related to it, such as the Memory of Eden, which is coming out this month.

Well, if anything, trying to salvage the only things people actually liked in AGE (2nd Gen, the Asemu-Zeheart rivalry) is actually the right thing to do, even if the series itself was a failure.

Watching that at the moment. Seems good so far. Also noticed Gundam X being one of the main suits in Gundam Build Fighters, so it doesn't seem they're that ashamed of X anymore.

Unlike AGE and rightfully so!

Ezalc

I believe it is more commonly referred to as being a teenager.

I was a teenager once. I never killed my mom and dad then went on to cry about how I didn't understand why they had to die and how much I miss them even though I hated them for being absent all the time.

ZoddGutts

BF looks like more kids targeted flair. Guess Bandai is trying again after the failure that AGE was in bringing a new younger audience. Can't be worse than how AGE turned out. But then again the writer of 00 doesn't give me much confidence, wasn't a big fan of 00 series especially S2 and more so the movie.... Anyways just hope this is fun to watch at least.

I think it's just one of those things where you have to check your expectations. Should you expect an amazing plot full of thought provoking issues? No.

Should you expect fun mecha battles and tons of cameos of mobile suits, along with cool kitbashes and customizations? Yes.

No, it was Jerid who broke the container. His superior officer, Jamaican, told Jerid the container was a bomb, and to destroy it if it looked like Kamille was about to retrieve it.

As for Franklin, it's never really shown who took the shot that destroyed Franklin's Rick Dias, but it looked like the beam came from behind Kamille, and the only person back there I think was Char.

No, it was Jerid who broke the container. His superior officer, Jamaican, told Jerid the container was a bomb, and to destroy it if it looked like Kamille was about to retrieve it.

As for Franklin, it's never really shown who took the shot that destroyed Franklin's Rick Dias, but it looked like the beam came from behind Kamille, and the only person back there I think was Char.

Truth.

Ezalc, don't let your currently poor outlook of Kamille blind you to the facts lol.

He gets better eventually.

If anyone imported or will import Gundam: Breaker for PS3/Vita, please let me know how it plays for you.

On that note I think I will start Gundam Zeta then ZZ and then go to rerun G Gundam.

Also didn't realize until now but G Gundam might have just stood for God Gundam lol.

PhiLonius

We should one day organize a Gundam watch. Sift through a series a couple episodes a week.

Looking at some more Build Fighters promo stuff, seems like AGE, 00, and F91 are the only series/movies that are missing.

We should one day organize a Gundam watch. Sift through a series a couple episodes a week.

Looking at some more Build Fighters promo stuff, seems like AGE, 00, and F91 are the only series/movies that are missing.

I thought I saw Dynamas in the trailer but I might be wrong. I really hope 00 Gundams are in the show. Best non beam saber blades with the GN III Blades.

The director of the series worked on 00. I'm sure it will be represented in some fashion.

F91 is a bigger concern. I'd love to see some Cosmo Babylonia suits make it in.

Ezalc

I'm going through Zeta at a pretty slow pace. Only one episode like a day or so. Maybe when I have a good amount of free time I'll try and marathon it. Kamille still seems to act bipolar to me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom