• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going through Zeta at a pretty slow pace. Only one episode like a day or so. Maybe when I have a good amount of free time I'll try and marathon it. Kamille still seems to act bipolar to me though.

He's the first to admit he's "just an neurotic kid".

Anyone know the source of this picture?

tumblr_lvrrtj5Qy91qirk80o1_500.jpg

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Gundam SEED Destiny HD Remaster 13

Putting aside the stupidity of allying with the OMNI in the first place (pointed that out last week and the one before that), Yuna make sound arguments about Cagalli's situation and how clueless/helpless she is about running a country. Too bad those arguments only work because of the way they wrecked the character and plot altogether.

Seeing Wartfeld and Murrue's chemistry in this episode and the last one is a strange thing. This episode makes it look like we have two adults who have lost a lot, but got better after two years thank to each other, and there might be something more going on. Except we know that's not how it'll go, even if it's our first time watching the series (
There's fucking Neo
). Interesting talk about going to PLANT, Durandal and everything. It was one of the best scenes I noticed in this rewatch, too bad it lose all relevance...

IN THIS VERY EPISODE.

Because yeah, it's time for that assassin's squad sent by no other than
Durandal
to come in and try to kill the Empress. And so, the Freedom is back. Big fucking surprise: this fight was by far the most touched up scene in the series so far.

Next episode is the effing marriage, ugh.

Strangely enough, the Special Edition I ending song played again this week. It made sense last week, but not here, I sure hope they don't intend to use this thing to completely replace the original ending song for the second cour.

I noticed they really really like making new pics for the SEED characters especially Lacus. They keep giving her new outfits and making her naked. rofl.

I was okay with her. For a CE character, she was pretty non-offensive.

but then I hated her after Shinn "killed" Athrun and her sister and she didn't give a shit.

Watched my first few episodes of Gundam (,Mobile Suit).

Besides the absurdity of a bunch of teenage (?) civilians operating a war cruiser & mech, the show has held up pretty well.

Just hope the episode formula varies a bit from the same old opening monologue > arc progression > amuro vs char encounter.

I'd be willing to sit through Victory again for this lol.

Anyone else interested/able?

Count me in. The finer details of what exactly happened in Victory are starting to fade from my mind. I wouldn't mind a refresher some time.

Let's see whether Kill 'Em All Tomino's series with the best body count still holds up.

Wag

I'd like to start getting into Gundam universe, but it goes so deep I just don't know where to start. I tried to find episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam ('79) online, or even to purchase the series on DVD for a reasonable price, but I just can't seem to find it. Anyone offer some help?

Beth Cyra

I'd like to start getting into Gundam universe, but it goes so deep I just don't know where to start. I tried to find episodes of Mobile Suit Gundam ('79) online, or even to purchase the series on DVD for a reasonable price, but I just can't seem to find it. Anyone offer some help?

Sadly it's only getting harder because Bandai Entertainment NA pretty much closed up shop and no longer produce the Gundam DVDs.

The best way I could suggest right now is to go to Gundam.Info and they have it so you can stream complete series. As wrong as it is to say though, I really don't believe people should start with 0079, and if your really interested in UC, you should wait for the upcoming Gundam The Origin which will be released in the next year and ahalf/two years.

On the Model front. (not related to the above.)

Crossbone X2 Ver Ka arrived in the mail today. The Crossbone Vanguard and all late UC stuff is so tiny it's shocking. Being mainly an AU person, I am used to small suits from G, W, and X but it's always odd to see them next to Crossbone, F91, Victory and have them just feel huge.

Still very hyped to finally get a offical X2 release.

Ezalc

Crossbone X2 Ver Ka arrived in the mail today. The Crossbone Vanguard and all late UC stuff is so tiny it's shocking. Being mainly an AU person, I am used to small suits from G, W, and X but it's always odd to see them next to Crossbone, F91, Victory and have them just feel huge.

Dat leap in technology man. I want to see pictures of this now, even if I'm not into gunpla I always find the finished builds fun to look at.

Jubern

I was at Anime Expo today. As usual, there was a booth FULL of awesome Gunpla, so I'll post pictures later tonight or tomorrow.

Now that I think about it, Japan Expo is also this week and the AEUG booth must be stacked with gorgeous Gunpla like every year... I'll try to look for pics.

Beth Cyra

Dat leap in technology man. I want to see pictures of this now, even if I'm not into gunpla I always find the finished builds fun to look at.

Dat wanting to save money on Model production more likely.

Still I won't be the one to post pictures.

I still have Nu Ver Ka, Sinaju Ver Ka, Sinanju Stine Ver Ka, Full Armor Unicorn Ver Ka, and Astray Blue Frame second Revise before I can even think about getting to X2.

Still hoping to see a review go up sooner rather then later.

Sadly it's only getting harder because Bandai Entertainment NA pretty much closed up shop and no longer produce the Gundam DVDs.

The best way I could suggest right now is to go to Gundam.Info and they have it so you can stream complete series. As wrong as it is to say though, I really don't believe people should start with 0079, and if your really interested in UC, you should wait for the upcoming Gundam The Origin which will be released in the next year and ahalf/two years.

On the Model front. (not related to the above.)

Aww fuck! I knew there was something wrong with no 00 Blu-rays. I totally forgot that Bandai closed shop in NA. ;_; NOOOOOOOOOO!.gif

No Gundam Wing Blu-rays either..... NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Damn you bad sales!

Rajack

I was okay with her. For a CE character, she was pretty non-offensive.

but then I hated her after Shinn "killed" Athrun and her sister and she didn't give a shit.

"Hey you killed my goddamn sister by blowing up the mobile suit she was riding in. Let me spread my legs for you."

PhiLonius

Count me in. The finer details of what exactly happened in Victory are starting to fade from my mind. I wouldn't mind a refresher some time.

Let's see whether Kill 'Em All Tomino's series with the best body count still holds up.

Cool. Let me know what days/times you guys are available so we can set something up.

"Hey you killed my goddamn sister by blowing up the mobile suit she was riding in. Let me spread my legs for you."

Except nothing happened because Shin is an idiot and didn't catch any of the signals so he was still to busy mopping about his sister or something.

CorvoSol

So I was digging through my stuff when lo and behold, I found an old model of the ZZ Gundam. I thought it was ironic because I didn't care for the design back then, and still don't, but I'll be damned if ZZ Gundam isn't my 2nd favorite Gundam series ever. Oh how times have changed.

Also started playing SRW Z2.1 this weekend, and when the 00 units showed up, I was reminded of what I did like about S1. Namely that first OP and the super cool Dynames Gundam. For the course of this game I'll probably use Lockon until
his shitty replacement arrives.
The rest of them can fuck off unless I get Soma Pires. She's good people, too.

Gonna start Gundam EVOLVE tonight, see how that goes. Basically watching this so I can see the episode with Roux and Judau, but hey, why not. Then its on to F91.

Has there been any word on a new Gundam show aside from Gunpla builders? I mean it looks okay, but it definitely wasn't what I was looking for in a new Gundam series.

The Origin is still in the pipeline, no word on if it's going to be an OVA, movie, or TV series.
Then there is the next Tomino project, which may or may not be G-Reko.

And of course, Unicorn 7

CorvoSol

The Origin is still in the pipeline, no word on if it's going to be an OVA, movie, or TV series.
Then there is the next Tomino project, which may or may not be G-Reko.

And of course, Unicorn 7

Unicorn 7 is gonna be the last episode, right? I wonder how they're gonna finish up this whole thing in one episode.

Rumor has it that it's going to be longer than the previous episodes.

There is quite a bit of stuff they have to resolve in a short period of time

Riddhe vs Banagher (this will probably happen at the beginning of the episode)
Banagher vs Neo Zeon (specifically, Frontal and Angelo. You know those Geara Zulus are going to be ripped to shreads)
Resolving the Laplaces Box issue in an adequate way.

CorvoSol

Rumor has it that it's going to be longer than the previous episodes.

There is quite a bit of stuff they have to resolve in a short period of time

Riddhe vs Banagher (this will probably happen at the beginning of the episode)
Banagher vs Neo Zeon (specifically, Frontal and Angelo. You know those Geara Zulus are going to be ripped to shreads)
Resolving the Laplaces Box issue in an adequate way.

And I still have to find out if Full Frontal is Char!

Personally, I don't think we're going to get any more elaboration then what we got. Episode 6 was full of moments like when Mineva called him out on how his plan was nothing like Char's

Beth Cyra

Ugh.

I just found a VP 1/100 resin ZZ. Thing is crazy detailed and only a 100$ Usd. I've never really worked with resin before though, and I was going to have my first be Wing Gundam Ver Ka Early Type from G System, but still this ZZ is tempting as hell.

Anyone here worked with VP's products before? Is the casting quality really good? Or would I have to do a ton of clean up?

I've never built a resin kit before, but there are pros and cons from what I hear.

On one hand, Resin kits tend to look VERY nice once completed. Very well designed and tons of detail. Because of this they tend to go for a higher price then plastic kits.

However, Resin molding isn't perfect and often times there are bubbles in the pieces you have fix with putty, which means you're going to pretty much HAVE to paint it (which might not be a problem if you're a painter anyway)

Also, resin models are pretty heavy, which means it might be harder to pose.

But damn do they look nice.

We can start Monday then. I'll need at least a day to psyche myself up for a Victory rewatch.

Time? Or watch and post whenever?

The bolded would be more convinient since I'd like to think we're living in different timezones and may have different 9-5 jobs/responsibilities.

Simulcast is only feasible if we're all living in the states.

Beth Cyra

I've never built a resin kit before, but there are pros and cons from what I hear.

On one hand, Resin kits tend to look VERY nice once completed. Very well designed and tons of detail. Because of this they tend to go for a higher price then plastic kits.

However, Resin molding isn't perfect and often times there are bubbles in the pieces you have fix with putty, which means you're going to pretty much HAVE to paint it (which might not be a problem if you're a painter anyway)

Also, resin models are pretty heavy, which means it might be harder to pose.

But damn do they look nice.

Yeah I've researched it quite a bit. Just I haven't seen hardly anyone really snap up the ZZ VP or Wing Early Type and these two just happen to be the kits I've got my eye on.

CorvoSol

I'm going through Zeta at a pretty slow pace. Only one episode like a day or so. Maybe when I have a good amount of free time I'll try and marathon it. Kamille still seems to act bipolar to me though.

Kamille takes awhile, but he's definitely my 3rd fave now. He doesn't really grow a pair till a certain point.

From Sunrise's panel today at AX:

ANN said:
After their slate of recent works, they launched into “The World of Gundam,” which summarized the vast Mobile Suit Gundam franchise. Most recently in the franchise was Mobile Suit Gundam UC, the first six episodes of which have already been released. The seventh and final episode will be released next year. Currently, the first six episodes are available on Blu-ray from Right Stuf, but the first four episodes will be available on DVD starting August 20, with the rest to follow. Gundam AGE: Memory of Eden, a condensed version of Gundam AGE, will be release via Gundam.info with English subs. All of the scenes were re-shot in high resolution, as well as some new scenes. For new Gundam series, just announced last week was Gundam Built Fighers. This new TV series will be airing this October in Japan.

I love how Sunrise shows up every year to talk about Gundam, yet they yanked it away from us.

I was wondering that myself, but the only thing I can think of is that maybe Turn A wasn't that far along. It's a disappointment, but this still gives me hope. The fact that we're getting a previously unreleased show is still great news and maybe we'll get V, X and Turn A eventually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom