• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
thanks, I'll try to look for zippo lighter fluid. I've waited for 1 night and the enamel thinner still affect the paint.

I also read a tutorial to use acrylic wash instead, I heard it's easier to clean up. so I was thinking to try thinning tamiya acrylic black paint with tamiya acrylic thinner and use that as wash instead of my enamel panel line wash. then do a clean up with acrylic thinner.

would that work?

I never tried acrylic wash since I do the base paint with acrylic.

If you going to do that you don't need acrylic thinner, Tamiya acrylic thinner is just normal alcohol. Get 91% alcohol from CVS instead, but you should thin it down with water 50/50, adjust as needed.

When you do panel wash, make sure the q-tip isn't too wet, no thinner should come out when you squeeze the cotton.

Shinn did what was morally appropriate especially aftee the people were being shot at for trying to escape.
There's morals and then there's orders, which is what I think Athrun was pissed off about. I think Athrun had more of a problem with Shinn going off doing whatever hell he wanted to do and Athrun punished him for it. This is something that's going to become a relevant point later on in the show. There's stuff that's going to happen that really makes you question Shinn's head space on the show, because his moral compass is something that only benefits him and not other people.

RangerBAD

There's morals and then there's orders, which is what I think Athrun was pissed off about. I think Athrun had more of a problem with Kira going off doing whatever hell he wanted to do and Athrun punished him for it. This is something that's going to become a relevant point later on in the show. There's stuff that's going to happen that really makes you question Shinn's head space on the show, because his moral compass is something that only benefits him and not other people.

Shinn's moral compasses are a cellphone, a "daddy's boy", and a nihilistic dictator.

Shinn's moral compasses are a cellphone, a "daddy's boy", and a nihilistic dictator.
DTL hasn't gotten that far though. I want him to witness Shinn in all of his
douche bag
glory without spoilers. He also follows his
balls
. Can't forget all that
Stella
horse shit later on.

Oh man, Shin was an absolute shit of a protagonist. Even Jesus Yamato was better.
If Shinn was a Zeta Gundam character he would've gotten the shit kicked out of him by pretty much the entire cast. Emma would've put a hurting on him.

Turn A Gundam Ep 25:

Is
Guin Lineford
a war profiteer?

Jomjom

Banned
Ordered some Gundam literature since they won't give me more UC in animated form.

R2Eg0M8.jpg

O1D6eah.jpg

rSda77g.jpg

All those covers are awesome.

Sochie comes along.
Yeah what the hell is Sochie's problem? She's always acting Loran is the one that killed her parents. People like her is the reason why that war seems like it's never going to end and that can be attached to both sides of the war.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Yeah what the hell is Sochie's problem? She's always acting Loran is the one that killed her parents. People like her is the reason why that war seems like it's never going to end and that can be attached to both sides of the war.

You see it that way? I've never seen her as particularly blaming Loran. She's just a bit angry in general at the whole state of affairs.

You see it that way? I've never seen her as particularly blaming Loran. She's just a bit angry in general at the whole state of affairs.
Well it seems like she's angry at the moon race and sort of takes it out on Loran a little bit. What I said was probably a bit extreme I will admit. She also seems a bit jealous over the amount of time Loran spends with Dianna.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Well it seems like she's angry at the moon race and sort of takes it out on Loran a little bit. What I said was probably a bit extreme I will admit. She also seems a bit jealous over the amount of time Loran spends with Dianna.

That second part is most assuredly the case. She's definitely salty about Queen Dianna.

Jomjom

Banned
What UC manga do you recommend outside of Origin and Crossbone? preferably released in English.

There's a fan translation of F90 so maybe that. It gives a little bit of insight into the transition from the Bright era UC into F91 and onward.

Also you can take a look at Beltorchika's Children that's currently releasing right now in Gundam Ace. There's currently a volume 1 compilation. It's in Japanese but if you've watched CCA, then it shouldn't be too hard to follow.

Gahhhh I want them to animate Hathaway's Flash SOOOOOOOOOO bad.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If Gym has been introduced then its far enough that I can lay my grand unifying theory about Turn A Gundam on you.

In the Turn A universe, whenever anyone is challenged with a decision they will always inevitably take the one that is most dangerous and least rational. These people are by and large super duper crazy reckless. The lot of them. No lack of fighting spirit on any front either.

Even supposedly rational characters like Guin/Harry/Dianna and her doppelganger will inevitably make an awful decision or two.

If Gym has been introduced then its far enough that I can lay my grand unifying theory about Turn A Gundam on you.

In the Turn A universe, whenever anyone is challenged with a decision they will always inevitably take the one that is most dangerous and least rational. These people are by and large super duper crazy reckless. The lot of them. No lack of fighting spirit on any front either.

Even supposedly rational characters like Guin/Harry/Dianna and her doppelganger will inevitably make an awful decision or two.
Interesting. Granted I thought they were either descendants of Moon Moon or Zanscare so them being a bit crazy later on in the show is not much of a surprise to me. I'm only on ep 25, will hopefully start 26 later tonight. I'm pretty much at the point where they launch the Will Game. Everything regarding that guy really made me feel for Dianna by the way.

RangerBAD

There's a fan translation of F90 so maybe that. It gives a little bit of insight into the transition from the Bright era UC into F91 and onward.

Also you can take a look at Beltorchika's Children that's currently releasing right now in Gundam Ace. There's currently a volume 1 compilation. It's in Japanese but if you've watched CCA, then it shouldn't be too hard to follow.

First volume has been translated by Zeonic Corp.

Kwixotik

If anybody knows where I can get a version of Double Zeta with good subs, PM me.

I've been on hold at episode 13 for months because it has been pretty bad.

I started watching Gundam Unicorn for the first time. I didn't notice it till episode 2, but Banagher looks a lot like Kamille to me. Is that suppose to be a coincidence?

Wubby

Old HG kits are finally being redone! I have a number of the old kits already but would love to get these revived ones.

The new RX-78 looks like its based off the Red Warrior.

jrrWQAVDYMYRM.jpg

j5pnZeFcZhjqt.jpg
jbgPXDG9rD9IN1.jpg

I thought they were just trying to use nostalgia. Like how Full frontal does the zaku kick.
That would make sense, but Kamille and Char were bros so it's hard to see those two going at it. Banagher just feels like a newtype composite character with characteristic of everybody else thrown in, but nothing to really differentiate him as his own individual. Full Frontal has "reasons" for knowing the Char kick. Granted I think somebody else on here can give you a better answer than that.

Beth Cyra

Sweet !!! I wonder what color they'll go for. For 7,3k I think they'll go with gold-plated shiny plastic :)

I damn well hope so. Shiki deserves the gold, if they are going to do the damn Phenix then you give the Shiki the gold.

Still I hope we get Mega Shiki and Delta Gundam soonish and we are waiting years like Wing F.

yami4ct

H-S 2.0 is so exciting. One of the kits that needed to be redone the most. Given the price, Gold Chrome seems like a sure bet. Really hope the entire kit is undergated, if so, but I trust Bandai to do that right.

Now I can stop begging for that and focus on wanting the RX-78 Origin, GunCannon Origin, Gundam Ground Type 2.0 and V2 Assault Buster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom