• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Gundam Thread of Gunpla, Origins, and 35 Years of GUNDAMUUUU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Rhidde, sadly he is hated by most of the fanbase.

Then again I don't think the person he killed is that great and Bannager is worthless trash to me so Rhidde was the on good thing about Unicorn character wise.
Banagher has no defining character traits what so ever, half the time I mentally call the guy "banana." He's pretty much the least interesting of the gundam protags, he's in a good show, but he doesn't seem to really do much as a character. I'm still trying to figure out why he developed such a deep dependence on Mineva, the same could be said for Riddhe as well.

Andrew J.

Banagher's motivation is that he inexplicably fell in love with Audrey the moment he met her, which...is appropriate for someone carrying on Kamille's legacy, at least.

Enron

Banned
Banagher has no defining character traits what so ever, half the time I mentally call the guy "banana." He's pretty much the least interesting of the gundam protags, he's in a good show, but he doesn't seem to really do much as a character. I'm still trying to figure out why he developed such a deep dependence on Mineva, the same could be said for Riddhe as well.

There's a lot of stuff that was skipped over from the novels in the OVA. I assume that the novels do a better job with explaining that.

Banagher's motivation is that he inexplicably fell in love with Audrey the moment he met her, which...is appropriate for someone carrying on Kamille's legacy, at least.
Kamille has way more personality than Banagher. Though yes, Kamille fell for a newtype girl the moment he met them.

Fuck this is catchy:
Turn a turn turn a turn turn AAAAAAAAAAA
Just finished ep 2 and seeing modern mobile suits sack a town made me go what the fuck? Got really interested after that. I'm not even bothered by mustache gundam, show has really interesting art style.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'm definitely on Team Amuro when it comes to Lalah. Not about who loved her more, but who was at fault for getting her killed. If Char really loved her why would he put her in that situation to begin with? It didn't really further his plans any.

Beth Cyra

Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm a major Unicorn supporter.

Plus Banagher has the sad issue of coming a the same time as Space Hitler so I really needed a good lead to balance out Hino's "leads" and I he just failed so hard.

At least now they're all
together in a ghost menage a trois.
Isn't it now a
foursome if you include Full Frontal?
Yeah don't get me wrong, I'm a major Unicorn supporter.

Plus Banagher has the sad issue of coming a the same time as Space Hitler so I really needed a good lead to balance out Hino's "leads" and I he just failed so hard.

I think Merida and her relationship with Zinnerman is the best thing to come out of Unicorn. Outside of those two most of the characters are a tad on the bland side.
I'm definitely on Team Amuro when it comes to Lalah. Not about who loved her more, but who was at fault for getting her killed. If Char really loved her why would he put her in that situation to begin with? It didn't really further his plans any.

I'm going to assume Char didn't expect to get owned that badly in his Gelgoog and thought he'd be able to protect her.

For all of its other faults 0083 does have a few things going for it.

It looks incredible even today. Only 08th MS Team looks better.

The Winner is an awesome theme.
0083 isn't bad, it's flawed and Kou with his carrot phobia and Nina with her selective amnesia and mood swings are annoying. I still like it, regarding themes I'm all about Men of Destiny
I'm on Team Lalah

She has to be around those two idiots forever in newtype purgatory forever. Sucks.

Can't she just turn into a swan and fly away or is she truly stuck with those two nimrods for eternity? Weren't those two chasing after her on horse back and a jeep arguing about Lalah in CCA? My god. Isn't newtype purgatory littered with their exes any way?

RangerBAD

Why? He was made to fell genuine remorse for his actions, which is the most satisfying way to deal with a villain. It's why I like Dragon Quest IX so much.

OH, HELL NO!

Let me start by saying, FUCK RIDDHE.
Now that we have that out of the way. His remorseful turn came way too fast which just made him look even more disingenuous. He took away the life of a woman who had finally realized her place and who the people that genuinely loved her were. Some politician's spoiled brat just had to come along and fuck it all up.

To finish and reiterate: FUCK RIDDHE.

OH, HELL NO!

Now that we have that out of the way. His remorseful turn came way too fast which just made him look even more disingenuous. He took away the life of a woman who had finally realized her place and who the people that genuinely loved her were. Some politician's spoiled brat just had to come along and fuck it all up.

Yeah she finally found her place in life after a life full of torment and Glemy's bullshit and Riddhe with his Zabbi thirst shits all over that. Zinnerman should've shot him in a post credits scene. Merida was like his fucking daughter!!

PhiLonius

OH, HELL NO!

Preach!

Tecl0n

OH, HELL NO!

That even one of the "bad guys" cried for her death
FUCK RIDDHE

RangerBAD

Gundam OT Hathaway and Riddhe Share A Bunk In Hell

Honestly, if in Hathaway Flash's Hathaway shows hesitance due to his past transgression, then I might not dislike him as much. I'm sure Tomino didn't bother though.

PhiLonius

Riddhe has officially entered the ranks of near universal hate, joining Quess and Nina.

Didn't realize we were at that many posts.

Gundam OT2 | Neo Zeong-ing It

Those glasses on Harry Ord's face make it damn near impossible to take him seriously. I honestly wasn't expecting him to have that deep of a voice.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Those glasses on Harry Ord's face make it damn near impossible to take him seriously. I honestly wasn't expecting him to have that deep of a voice.

Even more than the ridiculous mobile suit design of the series the fashion of the moon people is really out there, even for GUNDAM.

Even more than the ridiculous mobile suit design of the series the fashion of the moon people is really out there, even for GUNDAM.
They really must be descendents of Moon Moon. With that town worshiping the Turn A like it was a cattle and with the design and fashion being whacked out the Moon Moon tribe procreating like rabbits to repopulate the earth makes sense. Either that or they're former Zanscare. Those guys couldn't design a suit for shit. Or do I have the idea of the dark history all wrong?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
They really must be descendents of Moon Moon. With that town worshiping the Turn A like it was a cattle and with the design and fashion being whacked out the Moon Moon tribe procreating like rabbits to repopulate the earth makes sense. Either that or they're former Zanscare. Those guys couldn't design a suit for shit. Or do I have the idea of the dark history all wrong?

Keep watching and you'll get a thousand opinions from this thread. When you're halfway through I'll share my thoughts on something which I love to discuss with people watching the series.

Did they just dig up a bunch of Kapools like they were fossils...this is getting really interesting. I wonder what else they find in this show.

Who are you to judge a man for his sunglasses and the shining gold paint job on his giant robot?
latest

Turn A Ep 7:

So Loran might look like a woman, but how are they going to fill in his missing bust line? What's with Tomino and cross dressing plots? Holy shit Loran is such a trap. He's like on Persona 4 Teddy levels of trap.

So, my spraybooth came today and I crack open my airbrushing kit to discover something is missing. Can YOU spot the missing item? :p

I'm seriously bummed because I went Saturday to buy a few paints to practice with, only to discover... sigh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom