• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

RangersFan

EA historically always focus's on adding these little things instead of actually focusing on important things like good gameplay.

Grinchy

Banned
I have a ton of old HTV episodes on my media hard drive. Every now and then I like putting an episode on while I'm doing something else. It really is a big shock to go from listening to a radio show from 2015 and then watching a HTV episode from 2008.

It becomes so immediately apparent how few people are still with the show compared to before. There was so much to goof on before everyone got canned.

RangersFan

hs-show-staff-photo.jpg
howard-staff.jpg

2 Staff photos from the first few years at Sirius, I don't think the current staff is even a quarter of what it was.

Tarkus

I'd like to Periscope Mick the Need or Sour Shoes

I have a ton of old HTV episodes on my media hard drive. Every now and then I like putting an episode on while I'm doing something else. It really is a big shock to go from listening to a radio show from 2015 and then watching a HTV episode from 2008.

It becomes so immediately apparent how few people are still with the show compared to before. There was so much to goof on before everyone got canned.
Do you Raven Alexis and Dave Lampert? That was the greatest show.

Grinchy

Banned
Do you Raven Alexis and Dave Lampert? That was the greatest show.

I think I do actually! I might have to watch that one next. The problem is that years ago I started burning the episodes to DVDs to save hard drive space. I have like a 50 or 100 DVD spindle just filled with old HTV episodes.

I'm gonna have to let the poison out one of these nights.

Dalek

Get that poison out of your system.

That's my favorite episode ever. I don't think they realized how incredibly creepy that would turn out.

Tarkus

I was going to say...that Robin has added zero to the show in the past 10 years other than having her news goofed on.

Van Owen

Banned
Artie was the only thing that made the show good the past 10 years or so. It has sucked since he left, I had to stop listening completely a couple years ago. When I hear clips of ranting about podcasts or saying PewDewPie is a nobody when he has more subs than SiriusXM, I can't imagine actually listening to the show everyday (even though he doesn't actually do that many shows anymore.)

Tarkus

Who is the guy that came into the studio posing as Beetlejuices's son? I bet he's Jeff's lump, Arnold, and Cosby too. Similar voices.

dem

I can't believe people are still hanging on and listening. I'm a huge Stern fan.. Big as it gets. Listened to everything I could get my hands on... But I had to tap out after Artie left.

It's over, Johnny.

Thank god podcasts became a thing.

statham

I can't believe people are still hanging on and listening. I'm a huge Stern fan.. Big as it gets. Listened to everything I could get my hands on... But I had to tap out after Artie left.

It's over, Johnny.

Thank god podcasts became a thing.

why are you here?
I'm a huge Stern fan.. Big as it gets. Listened to everything I could get my hands on... But I had to tap out after Artie left.
maybe not that big of a fan after all?

edit: Huge Stern fan, no I haven't listen to anything recent, but I'm a Huge Stern Fan! I Swear!

why are you here?

maybe not that big of a fan after all?

edit: Huge Stern fan, no I haven't listen to anything recent, but I'm a Huge Stern Fan! I Swear!
I'm right there with dem. I've been a fan since 93. And didn't miss a single episode from 2003-2014 and then just quit listening full stop. I know just about every bit ever done, every major moment, and can recite full prank calls but I just couldn't listen anymore. The show is not the same quality it used to be and I wasn't being entertained by AGT talk, lengthy interviews, and calls from Marianne, Bobo, and Tommy. I'm sure it's still a perfectly acceptable show to some people and hell, the new show might even be BETTER than what it used to be for some, but not me. Believe me I wish it'd go back to what it was and I'm holding out hope once this season of AGT is done and he won't have to think about that anymore he can focus solely on the radio show again and it'll bring me back.

Edit: btw is it true that the wrap up show has been neutered now and it's just Jon Hein by himself and he discusses the show like a robot or will interview a random celebrity that drops by? If so that's really disappointing. I used to love the wrap up show - hearing Gary's perspective on things and then all the extra curricular stuff with JD, Sal, Richard, and the back office. A lot of times it provided content for the main show.

Grinchy

Banned
Edit: btw is it true that the wrap up show has been neutered now and it's just Jon Hein by himself and he discusses the show like a robot or will interview a random celebrity that drops by? If so that's really disappointing. I used to love the wrap up show - hearing Gary's perspective on things and then all the extra curricular stuff with JD, Sal, Richard, and the back office. A lot of times it provided content for the main show.

It's unlistenable now. I hope some day we find out the real reason Howard decided to kill off all the other good programming that took place on his channels.

Van Owen

Banned
It's unlistenable now. I hope some day we find out the real reason Howard decided to kill off all the other good programming that took place on his channels.

He is getting paid less by Sirius than he was during his first deal so other shows and people got cut so he could still make the same money.

CaptainABAB

That "Mitt Romney" bit was so not funny and stale. Can we please stop with the fake phone calls (Arnold, Obama, all of them, etc.) Does anyone find that entertaining?

I actually wanted to get his impression on the debate but I had to change the channel when they put that fake Romney on.

The exception here is obviously sour shoes.

Tarkus

That "Mitt Romney" bit was so not funny and stale. Can we please stop with the fake phone calls (Arnold, Obama, all of them, etc.) Does anyone find that entertaining?

I actually wanted to get his impression on the debate but I had to change the channel when they put that fake Romney on.

Thank you. I try hard.

Van Owen

Banned

Are you not bursting at the seams when Jeff's lump calls?

Like Back Office Radio. By far the best show on 100 or 101 and arguably the best show to ever grace Sirius' airwaves. People were so disappointed when it went on 'hiatus' and I remember Howard angrily yelling at fans and telling us 'I promise it'll be back you fucks just settle down'. And of course, much like we all suspected, it never came back.

Dalek

I'm right there with dem. I've been a fan since 93. And didn't miss a single episode from 2003-2014 and then just quit listening full stop. I know just about every bit ever done, every major moment, and can recite full prank calls but I just couldn't listen anymore. The show is not the same quality it used to be and I wasn't being entertained by AGT talk, lengthy interviews, and calls from Marianne, Bobo, and Tommy. I'm sure it's still a perfectly acceptable show to some people and hell, the new show might even be BETTER than what it used to be for some, but not me. Believe me I wish it'd go back to what it was and I'm holding out hope once this season of AGT is done and he won't have to think about that anymore he can focus solely on the radio show again and it'll bring me back.

I agree too. We have somewhat the same experience-I started in 95 and have listened to every show since 2002. And the show is on fumes sadly. I have no idea why they changed the Wrap Up show since it was often my favorite part of the show. You got to have the other "characters" fleshed out a lot and get to pick up on threads from the show.

Clipjoint

Agree the show is running on fumes these days, although Rappaport breathed some life back into it this week. It made me realize how much I missed the fighting/ball busting that's all but eliminated from the show. Can't have Jen and Justin get too offended by anything Howie says.

RangersFan

2015 has been a major upswing. While no where at the level of pre 2010, this year has easily been the best year since probably 2010. The biggest difference this year has been more wack pack and more staff fights, something that was missing the past few years.

NYR

2015 has been a major upswing. While no where at the level of pre 2010, this year has easily been the best year since probably 2010. The biggest difference this year has been more wack pack and more staff fights, something that was missing the past few years.

The wack pack stuff actually makes me sad. Almost seems like a goodbye tour.

Grinchy

Banned
It's a shame that they waited until the last part of the contract/career to find Eric Andre. He would have been an awesome person to have sitting in.

Top Bottom