• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Does anyone use the SiriusXM app? I can't believe how shitty it still is. I called them today and they refunded me $30 for the last three months being garbage since the app was updated. I suggest everyone does the same if they can put up with 20 minutes of their terrible customer service line.

If Howard is out at the end of the year my subscription is done. Can't stand this fucking company.

RangersFan

Does anyone use the SiriusXM app? I can't believe how shitty it still is. I called them today and they refunded me $30 for the last three months being garbage since the app was updated. I suggest everyone does the same if they can put up with 20 minutes of their terrible customer service line.

If Howard is out at the end of the year my subscription is done. Can't stand this fucking company.

My subscription was due to renew this month. I called the day before they were gonna charge my credit card (it was like $400 something BS), I called and told them to cancel my service. They upgraded me to the all access package, which ended up being much cheaper and gave me the $30 credit. So it ended up being like around $100 for the next year for both my car and internet, not bad. But yeah I doubt I keep the sub past Howard retiring.

My subscription was due to renew this month. I called the day before they were gonna charge my credit card (it was like $400 something BS), I called and told them to cancel my service. They upgraded me to the all access package, which ended up being much cheaper and gave me the $30 credit. So it ended up being like around $100 for the next year for both my car and internet, not bad. But yeah I doubt I keep the sub past Howard retiring.

Yeah it's just Russian Roulette of what you pay every year. I've never had a consistent annual charge. But for those who are in the middle of their subscription you can complain about the quality of the app and can argue a credit to your account.

The reality is I don't use my car much anymore and even at $100/year it still is more expensive than things like Spotify, Apple, and Google, with much worse service and technology.

Dalek

I wonder if the show will improve at all when this season of AGT ends and it'll (presumably) be his soul focus again?

jackie-laugh-237664221.gif

Tarkus

I really don't have a problem with the app other than it's hard to fast forward precisely. What kind of problem are you guys having?

Grinchy

Banned
I really don't have a problem with the app other than it's hard to fast forward precisely. What kind of problem are you guys having?

I don't have the app, but I've heard that it crashes noine times per day. And I don't know if it plays well with my Sonos.

Constant crashes. Always resets while listening to On Demand. Doesn't hold favorites. Can't buy directly through iTunes. The thing is a piece of shit. They called me back for s survey and I bitched them out again and got $20 more dollars back.

Tarkus

Where you at mothafucka? No fuck you, you yankee. I'll come up there and beat yo ass.

You the one the called me and said the Camarah was a piece of shit

Van Owen

Banned
The Stern Effect: Ted 2, Terminator, and Magic Mike all bombed at the box office. I guess Howard might have overestimated his loyal 27 million listeners.

Grinchy

Banned
The Stern Effect: Ted 2, Terminator, and Magic Mike all bombed at the box office. I guess Howard might have overestimated his loyal 27 million listeners.

27 million? You're not counting right. Think of all the people carpooling and the families that sit around the radio after dinner.

It's more like 100+ million.

Dalek

27 million? You're not counting right. Think of all the people carpooling and the families that sit around the radio after dinner.

It's more like 100+ million.

What about people driving past you when your window is down, or walking past your house when you're listening?

Dalek

It was funny when they told him he would be banned for 12 shows, then they did the math and found out that would be in September!

This one is too fake for me to enjoy. Much like my turban is dirty. They are best when they keep it believable.
I was thinking the same thing but then I remembered the "why hello there, Leroy" call where the author talks to his own voice is so outrageously fake but yet it still makes me lol even though I've heard it twenty times now.

I don't like the cock/clock one cause it would've been too juvenile for me in high school already.

Dalek

I was thinking the same thing but then I remembered the "why hello there, Leroy" call where the author talks to his own voice is so outrageously fake but yet it still makes me lol even though I've heard it twenty times now.

I don't like the cock/clock one cause it would've been too juvenile for me in high school already.

Nah, c'mon. This is hilarious. I believe this is real. I don't think you guys deal with the general public on a day to day basis. I'd say 60% of the world's population is completely fucking stupid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6botKjdY3VM

Finally caught up again. No idea how anyone can think Howard will renew his contract. The birthday show was one last big event, the staff is winding down, the air time from staff members is almost non existent (where has Richard been?), Robin has pretty much hung it up, and the whack pack basically consists of High Pitch Eric and Hanzi (who openly doesn't like the format f the show). It's sad to see go but the writing is on the wall at this point.

CaptainABAB

It was funny when they told him he would be banned for 12 shows, then they did the math and found out that would be in September!

That was funny.

Also, in terms of the history of HS, I can't believe they are trying to take credit for Seinfeld and reality TV because they were the only ones to do innuendo and talk about risqué subjects. Get over yourself.

Dalek

That was funny.

Also, in terms of the history of HS, I can't believe they are trying to take credit for Seinfeld and reality TV because they were the only ones to do innuendo and take about risqué subjects. Get over yourself.

Howard legitimately believes that stuff. The one I will give him though is The Osbournes TV show. We had them in all the time and was always saying he wished a camera would follow them around.

Van Owen

Banned
Finally caught up again. No idea how anyone can think Howard will renew his contract. The birthday show was one last big event, the staff is winding down, the air time from staff members is almost non existent (where has Richard been?), Robin has pretty much hung it up, and the whack pack basically consists of High Pitch Eric and Hanzi (who openly doesn't like the format f the show). It's sad to see go but the writing is on the wall at this point.

I think it just depends on the money. He'll be taking a pay cut regardless, so it's just a matter of how much he's willing to take and what they allow on Whalerock or whatever the fuck that things his called.

He's already killed his legacy and become what he used to mock.

Grinchy

Banned
It's just hard to imagine that his ego would let him putter out for the last year of his radio broadcasting career. You'd think if it was really all coming to an end, he would have done some big things.

It would be like if Letterman just failed to re-sign a contract instead of announcing a year in advance that he was retiring. It wouldn't make any sense.

Dalek

It's just hard to imagine that his ego would let him putter out for the last year of his radio broadcasting career. You'd think if it was really all coming to an end, he would have done some big things.

It would be like if Letterman just failed to re-sign a contract instead of announcing a year in advance that he was retiring. It wouldn't make any sense.

"We have major plans in the works for Howard TV!"

Not to mention how fucked up that is to the staff to give them no warning.

Tarkus

I think it just depends on the money. He'll be taking a pay cut regardless, so it's just a matter of how much he's willing to take and what they allow on Whalerock or whatever the fuck that things his called.

He's already killed his legacy and become what he used to mock.
Haven't heard about Whalerock in a long long time. Frankely, I don't remember what it is.

Top Bottom