• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

I am trying to figure out who looks more ridiculous here

Howard%20Stern%20Beth%20Stern-MSA-012461.jpg

I heard the call that got Howard to bring this up and I thought it was funny how he claimed he didn't want to talk about it because it wasn't true and then talked about the story about him buying a stripper a car. A story he has mentioned many times even though he says it isn't true. He has brought up stories he claims are false all the time. Didn't address whether any of the people who are banned are actually banned.

Howard Stern the most honest man in show business.

CaptainABAB

Just caught the replay of the Bill Murray interview from 2014. I know I just ragged on Howard's interview skills recently but this was a great interview and have to admit that Stern brought up some really good questions.

Aww, I feel bad for Mutt. I still think he neutered his site at Howard's request only to have it all die as a result.

Yeah I think a lot of people that still felt a need to discuss Stern stuff anymore jumped over to dawgs to be able to speak their mind. I understand that it got nutty with the moderatorship at SFN. You couldn't criticize the Stern show or anything stern related in any way.

Van Owen

Banned
Some tidbits from Stuttering John on Artie's podcast. Sounds like the first time Artie has actually started to give his honest feelings about Howard. Also gives reason to why John never told Howard about moving to Leno, since Howard had previously cost someone else a job after giving him a heads up.
The Richard Johnson PC Howard story was leaked by a disgruntled staffer
Gilbert called up Gary after the Johnson piece and Gary was claimed it was just a disgruntled staffer making up shit and the reason they don't have Gilbert on anymore is because they don't have comedians on anymore. Artie said it is a BS excuse because they have comedians on all the time.
Both John and Artie thought it was awful how Howard let the TV guys go and they (the TV guys) are upset about it
There is definitely a dress code at the Stern Show
Howard told John's wife to abort their first child because John isn't fit to be a dad
Leno offered to go to Howard and tell him that he was interested in John, but John said he would handle it. Leno wanted to do the right thing.
Again, Howard fucked with the career of a mutual friend of John and Artie's (had to be a Stern staffer based on the conversation) when this person told Howard that they had a potential gig and Howard killed the deal.
Artie tried to talk John out of trashing Howard in his book because it would be a bad career move. Sounds like Artie was speaking from personal experience that he was not going to be honest about Howard in the book in fear of Howard. He even said to make sure a lawyer goes throug the book with a fine tooth comb.
They are astonished about how he is buddying up with all people he used to bash like Ellen, Jennifer Aniston, etc. Artie thinks he would have given Howard hell about being friends with pretty boy Justin Theroux
Artie is still the loyal puppy who will defend Howard no matter how bad Howard treats him.
Artie knew the end was near (his time on the Stern Show) when someone brought in a woman with a fat fetish to set up with Artie and Artie was offended and said to Howard, "What if I brought in someone with a pelican fetish?". Apparently, Howard did not take that well. (The infamous "Not your bro" fight)

Dalek

Some tidbits from Stuttering John on Artie's podcast. Sounds like the first time Artie has actually started to give his honest feelings about Howard. Also gives reason to why John never told Howard about moving to Leno, since Howard had previously cost someone else a job after giving him a heads up.

Wow!

Grinchy

Banned
Artie knew the end was near (his time on the Stern Show) when someone brought in a woman with a fat fetish to set up with Artie and Artie was offended and said to Howard, "What if I brought in someone with a pelican fetish?". Apparently, Howard did not take that well. (The infamous "Not your bro" fight).

What's annoying about this one is how obvious it becomes that you have to take all the shit you can take without ever fighting back when Howard is involved. As soon as you stand up for yourself and hurl a very similar "insult" back at him, you're now on the most wanted list.

He's such a fucking mess.

Lothar

Banned
If you like Artie, check out the interview he did on the Anthony Cumia show last week. It's the most interesting and honest Artie interview I've seen. It's 2 hours long and full of hilarious stories. I was listening to it on the way to work today and laughing the whole time.

Dalek

I have to say, I've been listening to the whole Booey 25 special, and I fucking love it. Just countless hours of funny Gary stories, songs and ball busting. Truly the best this show had to offer. I would be listening and then all of a sudden realize "This is the Mac-Hine incident!" or "This is when Gary had his dinner party!" I could listen to these forever....

Van Owen

Banned
Did he just have Ellen on? Wasn't she the one who said was a horrible person for months on end because she gave a rescue dog away to a family on her staff when it didn't get along with her other pets?

Was it brought up?

Did he just have Ellen on? Wasn't she the one who said was a horrible person for months on end because she gave a rescue dog away to a family on her staff when it didn't get along with her other pets?

Was it brought up?

Of course not. The interview ended with Ellen saying, "People told me not to come on this show, that you are a mean person. You are the nicest person around. I know you and I love you."

Grinchy

Banned
Didn't he tell someone recently that he had some talks going on for his dream job? Isn't that being a game show host?

AGT was an unwatchable shitshow, but he was decent on it. I would check out a game show he was hosting. But in all likelihood, he's got some kind of deal brewing or brewed for continuing the radio show however often he feels like doing it.

Van Owen

Banned
Didn't he tell someone recently that he had some talks going on for his dream job? Isn't that being a game show host?

AGT was an unwatchable shitshow, but he was decent on it. I would check out a game show he was hosting. But in all likelihood, he's got some kind of deal brewing or brewed for continuing the radio show however often he feels like doing it.

He also said he had big plans for Howard Tv after he fired the staff.

So what is Howie's end game? Does he want a network late night show or what?

I'm starting to think it's just legacy. He wants to be remembered as an entertainment icon ("best interviewer ever") without the rabble rousing shock jock stigma of the first 35 years of his career.

Which would basically be like Lebron James thinking he could quit basketball at 40, go play mediocre soccer for the Columbus Crew SC and someday have an obituary wouldn't mention the career he had that people actually cared about.

Van Owen

Banned
Hanzi called in asking if he was banned from the show and Howard said no.
Hanzi asked if Howard read the article about Stuttering John and Artie talking about him. Howard said he did and was hurt by it. He doesn't like to hear negative comments.
Hanzi said they didn't bash him they just said he has become very PC. Howard said he disagreed and listen to the first hour of the show if you thinks he is PC.
Hanzi then got off a zinger saying Stern has become Don Imus. That pissed Howard off so he hung up on him and said he is now banned.
Howard says he doesn't relate to the common man.
He said people want him to do the same thing over and over but he likes to change.
He then said his typical if you don't like the show don't listen. "People like Hanzi should call into a show they like."
Howard said he wants to leave but people wont stop listening to the show.
Howard admitted that right now this is the best he can do, take it or leave it.
He said the show has changed and he will do segments today like when he interviewed Jewel.
Howard said he doesn't like people talking in the press about him and how his show could be better.
His final comment was admitting that this is all he is capable of doing now and if you don't like the show cancel and save some money.

Artie Lange
@artiequitter
Howard was hurt by what John & I said?! I guess he missed all of what I said. I wonder if Howard's ever hurt someone? More on my podcast

Artie Lange
@artiequitter
If he would return my calls I would explain it to him But him doing that is a memory. So if he hears it thru u fans who we both love fine

NYR

I was okay with everything that has been going on EXCEPT the re-edits on old episodes, that is a real tell- tale sign for me. That has the markings of a sell-out who is ashamed of who he is and what made him a star in the first place.

What is funny is all this negativity is likely what will lead him to not renew in 3 months.

Top Bottom