• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Dalek

BENJY BRONK REMOVED FROM THE STUDIO AFTER ANOTHER LATE ARRIVAL, JOB STATUS REMAINS UNCLEAR

Benjy Bronk may have arrived late to work for the final time Wednesday morning.

Strolling into the studio approximately 10 minutes after the show had begun, Benjy, who already has a long documented history of tardiness, offered little in the way of a valid excuse.

"I just completely fucked up," he said. "It took about 15 more minutes than usual … I overslept today," he rambled on.

With each passing moment Howard got more upset. "Fuck, people are so disappointing," he fumed, explaining that there is also another unnamed staffer following Benjy's example who he had to have a discussion with recently.

"You're saying your job doesn't matter that much if you're late," Howard continued. "That's what it says to me when a guy's late – it says I'm not that important to the organization."

Stern Show Executive Producer Gary Dell'Abate noted that he sees Benjy make it to work by the skin of his neck each morning and constantly wonders why he doesn't arrive 15 minutes beforehand just to be safe. In fact, there's a meeting for the rest of the studio staff at 6:20 a.m. which Benjy is exempt from – he simply has to show up three days a week and then can leave.

"You want me to fire you," Howard contended, maintaining that Benjy is in control of the relationship. "Maybe it's time to part company … I'm happy with your work, you're just fucking late."

Robin Quivers agreed, adding that even when during Bon Jovi's interview she experienced extreme pain as a result of lasting effects of her major surgery, she only took a few moments to compose herself before returning to the show and finishing out her duties because that's how professionals do it. "I was here. And I was here on time," she said.

Benjy took offense to Robin's comment and immediately fired back at her in a nasty line of questioning.

"Fuck that shit!" he exploded. "I can go through pain … Punch me," Benjy offered before resorting to firing off low blows at Robin to deflect from his own lateness.

Benjy didn't have a leg to stand on though as JD Harmeyer entered the studio and plainly stated what was on everyone's mind: "It's enough that it's a habit," he said of his coworker's chronic tardiness.

Howard revealed that there's a theory in the back office that Benjy is late on guest-free days because he is so desperate to be talked about. "Another hilarious bit from Benjy," he deadpanned.

As it continued to baffle him though, Howard pressed Benjy for a real explanation. "Why were you late today?"

And finally, Benjy offered the most plausible one of the day: "I didn't care enough," he admitted.

After contemplating the options, Howard decided to leave Benjy's fate in the hands of the Howard Stern Show management staff. For the time being, Benjy was once and for all exiled from the studio.

For about a hour. I hope it was a bit because I was listening to it on the way to work while I was late. I don't think I've ever disliked Howard more listening to that.

Not even when he yelled at various staff for not driving in from Long Island during Hurricane Sandy - pretty much the worst storm in recorded history in PA, NJ, and NY?

"So you're saying I can't depend on you?"

Shit like that is dumb. Like he expects people to not have a life and only work on the show. GTFO with that shit. But at least those bits are entertaining. I am entertained.

I, for one, cannot stand when he takes such a nuanced topic like Israel/Palestine (lately with the Roger Waters rants) and boils it down to such a stupid level of, "If you don't support Israel, you're an anti-Semite."

Those are moments I actually find myself disliking him. Then when a caller gets on and tries to explain to him the finer points of the whole thing, he cuts him off and screams like a bitch about Jews, anti-Semites, living in desert, blah blah blah.

Grinchy

Banned
I'm still all the way back in June. I got to hear the first instance of Hit 'Em With the Hein but it's not a thing on the show yet. The spelling bee game of Ronnie against Sals kid has been kinda funny too.

I'm still all the way back in June. I got to hear the first instance of Hit 'Em With the Hein but it's not a thing on the show yet. The spelling bee game of Ronnie against Sals kid has been kinda funny too.

So what is it? Where does it come from? Who made it / why?

Grinchy

Banned
So what is it? Where does it come from? Who made it / why?

Damn I wish I wasn't working while it was playing because I don't remember the strict details haha. Jon was in the studio for some reason and they were busting his balls for being weird about something.

They pulled Jason in and he was talking about how he says it to annoy Jon. I can't remember who he said actually came up with it. Howard just kinda brushed it off like, "Oh hit em with the hein...hmm..that's kinda funny I guess." And it ended there.

After reading the phrase in this thread so many times I keep waiting for the phrase to become bigger on the show.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Damn I wish I wasn't working while it was playing because I don't remember the strict details haha. Jon was in the studio for some reason and they were busting his balls for being weird about something.

They pulled Jason in and he was talking about how he says it to annoy Jon. I can't remember who he said actually came up with it. Howard just kinda brushed it off like, "Oh hit em with the hein...hmm..that's kinda funny I guess." And it ended there.

After reading the phrase in this thread so many times I keep waiting for the phrase to become bigger on the show.
Jon kinda made it worse by talking about how much he hated it on the wrap up show after that, lol

The Kree

Banned
It's interesting how different an angle Howard takes with Benjy versus Artie. Artie would call in sick when he was actually high, fall asleep in the middle of the show, come back late from commercial breaks, start physical fights, and he never yelled at him for it.

The one time he yelled at him was because he mocked his use of the word "bro." LOL

It's interesting how different an angle Howard takes with Benjy versus Artie. Artie would call in sick when he was actually high, fall asleep in the middle of the show, come back late from commercial breaks, start physical fights, and he never yelled at him for it.

The one time he yelled at him was because he mocked his use of the word "bro." LOL

They incorporated Benjy drops into a Halloween bit this morning plus it didn't seem like Benjy being fired wasn't a major topic.

Grinchy

Banned
Benjy and most of us know that Howard just wanted to make sure Benjy knew it was a big deal to be late, but that Benjy was never in real danger of being fired. At this point in Howard's life, I just don't believe he wants any change at all.

Firing the guy who writes him jokes all day long would mean having to bring someone new in who doesn't know the deal. It's not happening and Benjy knows it no matter how much Howard huffs and puffs. It's the same reason Fred knows he has job security even though Howard hates his guts.

Dalek

Eh...I don't think it was a bit. Benjy seems very disorganized-so I can see him running late all the time.

By the way-the Halloween episode was great. One of the best in recent years. The Genitals Horror Stories were horrifying.

Then that would mean the best radio they could come up with is talking for an hour about a guy who came in late.

If he had anything better to do that day he wouldn't drag that out for an hour though.

1. No guests
2. Last show of the week
3. Uses it as an opportunity to trash Artie in a passive aggressive way
4. Its Benjy
5. All the changes to the show and Marci Turk is letting Benjy get away with being late?

100% bit

Lothar

Banned
Artie and Gilbert are going to be Opie today at 3. God, I hope it's to announce they're going to do something together.

Tarkus

UPDATE: Just so you guys know, if you call and are vehement about cancelling, they will offer you a plan for $5 a month, full premium package. If you get listener services in India, they will be so much more helpful. I needed a refund for an autopay that happened yesterday. The American lady rep told me she could not refund my account once it had been charged. Thank you India!

xclaw

UPDATE: Just so you guys know, if you call and are vehement about cancelling, they will offer you a plan for $5 a month, full premium package. If you get listener services in India, they will be so much more helpful. I needed a refund for an autopay that happened yesterday. The American lady rep told me she could not refund my account once it had been charged. Thank you India!

Yup, I basically do this every December. Probably going to call in Monday to "cancel" as well.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
FUCKKKKKKKKKKK. vacation curse strikes again

Joey Boots -- one of Howard Stern's best known 'Wack Packers' -- has died in NYC ... TMZ has learned.

A rep for the NYPD tells TMZ cops responded to Boots' Bronx apartment building at 9:45 PM for a male in need of medical attention.

We're told once emergency workers arrived, Boots was pronounced DOA.
http://www.tmz.com/2016/12/23/howard-stern-joey-boots-dead-wack-pack/

The Kree

Banned
Something is wrong with Artie. He's gone full antagonist. Or maybe he's just drawing attention towards his own professional endeavors, I dunno. He sorta wigged out last week with Jackie.

xclaw

Something is wrong with Artie. He's gone full antagonist. Or maybe he's just drawing attention towards his own professional endeavors, I dunno. He sorta wigged out last week with Jackie.

dunno, I think he's in some inbetween he can't figure out..... like.. shit's super fucked but let it go and move to the next level dude.

Love artie. Want more/better.... but how?...

Top Bottom