• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Howard Stern Show Thread

Dalek

WOLFIE'S 20 GROUNDBREAKING OBSERVATIONS ABOUT JD HARMEYER
Wolfie jotted down 50 separate observations about in the span of five hours -- here are 20 of the most intriguing.

1. In the first 10 minutes of the observation, I counted three loud, thunderous hoots.

2. JD has extremely jittery legs. I counted 90 floor taps in one minute.

3. JD has a large dusty pile of paper on the bottom of his book shelf. What are the files? Why doesn't he throw them away if they're covered in dust?

4. I detected some black ear hair in JD's ears and he has a few grey strains of hair on his head. I always think of JD as a teen so it's weird to think of him having grey hair.

5. JD has unusually small hands. They resemble baby hands.

6. JD likes to rub his hands in a loud, rhythmic motion.

7. JD's hair smelled good. I was surprised by that.

8. JD rarely stands up.

9. A few people greeted JD, but he always responds with a very unpleasant, "hello." He is not very warm at all.

10. JD should replace his office chair with a rocking chair. At one point, he rocked 100 times in 2 minutes. He's like a deranged old lady rocking in a nursing home.
31641-jd-rocking2.gif

11. JD doesn't sit in his chair, he slouches and/or slumps the entire day.

12. JD has the most lethargic walk I've ever seen. He walks with arms straight down at his sides. His walk screams: Unconfident.

13. My most awkward moment was making eye contact with JD. It was very uncomfortable. It was like making eye contact with a caged sad ape at the zoo.

14. The desktop on JD's computer is completely covered in files. There's no space for anything else. I couldn't tell if he had a screen saver because there are so many files. I think it says something about his organization.

55-31642-4-picture-jds-computer-screen-blurred-1465999106.jpg

15. Throughout the day JD yelled at himself for messing things up. Here's a recording of him after he pulled the wrong clip of something.

16. Between his iPhone and three computer monitors, JD is subjected to an excessive amount of "screen time." Most kids are only supposed to have 2 hours of screen time per day.

17. JD ordered a turkey sandwich, mash potatoes and broccoli for lunch. I think he ordered a healthier meal on purpose.

17a. I was able to obtain photos of the fast food trash from the previous day. The day prior to my observation, JD consumed "Five Guys" burgers and fries. There were also three empty cans of Coke in his trash can.

18. JD refused to allow me to buy him lunch. He was very agitated that I attempted to do so.

19. JD seemed the most annoyed when I watched him eat. He turned his head away from me so I couldn't watch him devour his turkey sandwich.

20. JD doesn't like to be touched at all.

I'm glad to see JD is wearing real clothes instead of schlubby garbage pulled out of the free bin.

5. JD has unusually small hands. They resemble baby hands.

13. My most awkward moment was making eye contact with JD. It was very uncomfortable. It was like making eye contact with a caged sad ape at the zoo.

lol

14. The desktop on JD's computer is completely covered in files. There's no space for anything else. I couldn't tell if he had a screen saver because there are so many files. I think it says something about his organization.
Yeah just seeing that bugs me. I try to keep my desktop as clean as possible (pc and real desk). Also, what's with the masking tape on the bottom of the screen with letters that look like they were scrawled on by a child?

appaws

Banned
I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak. I am Dr. Remulak.

Grinchy

Banned
I haven't heard the Stefani interview yet, but pop star interviews are horrible for me. It's just Howard pretending he gives a shit and the "artist" pretending they lived amazing lives and are so artistic. It's just as manufactured as pop music is itself.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
NYtimes article on stern...nothing new but what we all knew as time went on.

“I couldn’t have done the show I’m doing now 20 years ago,” Mr. Stern said over the phone. “I’ve changed a lot. I’d be sort of pathetic if I’d reached this point in my life and I hadn’t. How else do you have longevity? There are so many guys who started out with me in radio, who have disappeared, because they can’t broaden their view of what entertainment should be, or get in touch with what they find to be exciting and fun and funny.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/arts/what-happened-to-howard-stern.html

Doesn't anybody remember laughter?

I don't know... this year has been quite the turnaround in format in my opinion. The last couple of months of 2015 were brutal with celebrity interviews (mostly female reality starts and pop singers). But this year they have balanced interviews (which have been of better people) with a lot of Wack Pack and staff moments. It's not back to true form by any means but it's still a lot better than what it used to be.

Grinchy

Banned
I don't know... this year has been quite the turnaround in format in my opinion. The last couple of months of 2015 were brutal with celebrity interviews (mostly female reality starts and pop singers). But this year they have balanced interviews (which have been of better people) with a lot of Wack Pack and staff moments. It's not back to true form by any means but it's still a lot better than what it used to be.

Yeah it actually has been pretty good ever since the re-signing.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I haven't listened in forever, but what are they doing with the video they're shooting in studio? I thought HowardTV died years ago.

Grinchy

Banned
I haven't listened in forever, but what are they doing with the video they're shooting in studio? I thought HowardTV died years ago.

I thought they were going to be putting those on the Sirius app. Didn't they say that was going to happen? Then Howard alluded to some "Howard 360" project.

I guess he's still figuring out SIM cards.

The Kree

Banned

I don't like the show without a third host. I need someone in the Jackie chair. I wish Benjy knew how to talk without stammering and doing bad shtick.

Top Bottom