• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season II: Who's your (league) Daddy?

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
:lol. I even bought you a pack of those Falcons wrist bands on my last work trip. Now you aren't getting them at all. Freakin team stealer. :lol

1. The Packers 2nd and 3rd WR's are better and faster than the top recievers for the Falcons.

2. FMT + Vikings = Super Bowl. The pressure is so on FMT now to go undefeated and win the whole thing.

3. I get to play Ror. Battle of the suck-ass players!!!!
Due i owe you big time!!! It should be fun, i'm really looking forward to season 2.

DCX

hgplayer1

just so everyone knows, I wont be posting post game rants in the forum anymore. its useless and just stirs up too much shit. play the game however you want Im not gonna say a word about it. Im just here to try to improve on what I did in season 1 and hopefully make the playoffs this time.

I want to play Wellie with my JETS, the game that should have been.
Jets Vs Giants. Me and you wellie AFTER SCHOOL meet me in the yard...if you dare.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
hgplayer1 said:
just so everyone knows, I wont be posting post game rants in the forum anymore. its useless and just stirs up too much shit. play the game however you want Im not gonna say a word about it. Im just here to try to improve on what I did in season 1 and hopefully make the playoffs this time.

I'm gonna do my best to do that too. I just fear I'll only make it through the first week or so. :D

Hey a couple of people have commented on the Packers not having their top WR. Well when I play online right now I can't use that guy anyways right? Cause if so the WR that were in the two top spots were still both rated higher than any of the Falcons WR's.

Fifty

Thank god we have two commishes. If I was running the show, you'd all be sitting around in the dark now. My internet is out...Rogers Cable can suck my balls. I just got a new modem today, doesn't work...proving it's their (shitty ball sucking) connection...They're sending someone out on TUESDAY, so until then I'm stuck without the internet (which I need for work).

Nice work FMT setting everything up....If we start the schedule before then, you're just going to have to work around me. Don't anyone play my game(s), and I'll play them ASAP once tuesday comes along. Oh yeah, FUCK ROGERS CABLE.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
One of my co-workers was cussing Rogers in Toronto last week too. That sucks man.

So are you posting from work right now?

Mrbob

DCX said:
I wonder when the schedule will be done. I'm itching to play!!

DCX

Hopefully not too soon. I need a couple days break from Madden. Plus I won't be home too much this weekend anyway. I actually wouldn't be able to get my season 2 first game in till next Wednesday due to my availability at home over the next 5 days. Maybe we can start with some preseason games which won't be mandatory.

DCX

DCX
Well i understand. It's just us guys who didn't make the playoffs are gearing up and hyped to get a new season underway so we can test our new teams and potentially suck even harder than last year! :lol

DCX

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
I fear you.

DCX

I have started a Revolution

prince_and_the_revolution_dvd.jpg

DCX

the schedule is infact 75% done. season 2 play officially starts tonight, but im going to give until wednesday night to play your games cause of all the special circumstances and so on.

keep in mind the following:

* the schedule isn't as clean cut as season 1. what i mean by this is there is no definable schedule in terms of "hey the afc west plays the NFC west, the nfc central plays the afc east" etc. what i did was make sure you play 6 divisional games at least. i tried to throw in a variety of conference matchups and some non-conference matchups that would interest everyone. i apologize if the schedule seems wonky in comparison to season 1, but the template i have just wont work for a 22 man league. 28 man is perfect and simple and i can just input the teams. not so w/ 22 man.

* we maybe taking a vote in the next few days in regards to the amount of playoffs team per conference. it's either going to be 6 teams (1 division champ per division + 3 wildcards) or 4 teams (3 division champs, 1 wildcard).

i will list the pros and cons for you of each:

6 playoff teams:

pros
--------
* more teams with a chance at the end
* #1 and #2 seeds get bye weeks!

cons
--------
* league becomes like the NBA where half the fucking teams are getting into the playoffs
* it will feasibly allow games to not mean as much because you can relax and probably still make the playoffs and do damage

4 playoff teams:

pros
------
* every game feels important
* you have to be on your best game to get in, no relaxing!
* doesn't feel like half the league is getting in

cons
-------
* possible lack of interest because teams are eliminated so early

------------------

give me some input here fellas. i'm about to put week 1 up, and you can play at your leisure!

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
the schedule is infact 75% done. season 2 play officially starts tonight, but im going to give until wednesday night to play your games cause of all the special circumstances and so on.

keep in mind the following:

* the schedule isn't as clean cut as season 1. what i mean by this is there is no definable schedule in terms of "hey the afc west plays the NFC west, the nfc central plays the afc east" etc. what i did was make sure you play 6 divisional games at least. i tried to throw in a variety of conference matchups and some non-conference matchups that would interest everyone. i apologize if the schedule seems wonky in comparison to season 1, but the template i have just wont work for a 22 man league. 28 man is perfect and simple and i can just input the teams. not so w/ 22 man.

* we maybe taking a vote in the next few days in regards to the amount of playoffs team per conference. it's either going to be 6 teams (1 division champ per division + 3 wildcards) or 4 teams (3 division champs, 1 wildcard).

i will list the pros and cons for you of each:

6 playoff teams:

pros
--------
* more teams with a chance at the end
* #1 and #2 seeds get bye weeks!

cons
--------
* league becomes like the NBA where half the fucking teams are getting into the playoffs
* it will feasibly allow games to not mean as much because you can relax and probably still make the playoffs and do damage

4 playoff teams:

pros
------
* every game feels important
* you have to be on your best game to get in, no relaxing!
* doesn't feel like half the league is getting in

cons
-------
* possible lack of interest because teams are eliminated so early

------------------

give me some input here fellas. i'm about to put week 1 up, and you can play at your leisure!
My input:

I would like the 6 team setup. Even though it may seem like half the league gets in, it's more of a real football style setup. With a 4 team playoffs it would feel to much like baseball of old. I mean if will are going to do a 4 team playoff, might as well turn the league into a March Madness style setup where everyone is in it at the end and we play a tournament to decide the victor.

Pros:
- Everyone has a chance to win the Super Bowl title in the end
- Games still mean something as playing against lower seeded IE: lesser teams would make for a good road to a championship
- Leads to the better players being there at the end

Cons:
- It's not football :p
- AN off game, some lag might lose a game for a top seed and bitching will ensue

IDK...just some ideas i had running in my head.

DCX

Atlanta Falcons at Green Bay Packers
Buffalo Bills at Cincinnati Bengals
Carolina Panthers at Philadelphia Eagles
Indianapolis Colts at Seattle Seahawks
Jacksonville Jaguars at Dallas Cowboys
Minnesota Vikings at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New York Giants at Arizona Cardinals
Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos
Pittsburgh Steelers at San Diego Chargers
St. Louis Rams at New England Patriots
Washington Redskins at Kansas City Chiefs
--------

enjoy your week 1 games friends. i hope you all enjoy the interesting matchups ;)

Marmaduke

Banned
KingV: Whenever you're ready to whup my ass because I suck really bad and can't mount an offense or hold for 3 downs on any defense, lemme know. I'm free all night. I can just see it now, I'll be overrun by Holmes and Green will pass for 400 yds. :( I suck. I'm going to lose.

DCX

DCX
FrenchMovieTheme said:
Atlanta Falcons at Green Bay Packers
Buffalo Bills at Cincinnati Bengals
Carolina Panthers at Philadelphia Eagles
Indianapolis Colts at Seattle Seahawks
Jacksonville Jaguars at Dallas Cowboys
Minnesota Vikings at Tampa Bay Buccaneers
New York Giants at Arizona Cardinals
Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos
Pittsburgh Steelers at San Diego Chargers
St. Louis Rams at New England Patriots
Washington Redskins at Kansas City Chiefs
--------

enjoy your week 1 games friends. i hope you all enjoy the interesting matchups ;)
Justice, thy name is FMT!

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
HG,I can play either tomorrow night after the Stros game or Sunday night after the Stros game.Monday night I'm free all night,since the Stros dont play.

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
Drey, anytime your ready to go i'll be on AIM...

shit, nevermind, hes a White Sox fan and i know hes not missing the game...

Guess Monday it is.

AZ Greg

Let me know when you want to play Malley. I'm free all today, but I work the next 3 nights starting tomm. so I can only play in the afternoon tomm, sun, and mon.

by the way DM, don't forget if you don't hold me under 100 yards rushing, you get the delhomme avatar. you said our first league game! now you're going to get it!

you can choose my avatar if i dont get 100. GAME ON!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:lol

I just lost to Ice but man the way I lost it. Last second 50 yad FG which I usually nail, but he had Vilma's crotch all up on my face in the camera because it was a pressure kick. I was laughing and had it at 63 ACC and it hooked and missed. :(

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
:lol

I just lost to Ice but man the way I lost it. Last second 50 yad FG which I usually nail, but he had Vilma's crotch all up on my face in the camera because it was a pressure kick. I was laughing and had it at 63 ACC and it hooked and missed. :(
:/ Hmmm....do you play Ice during the season?

DCX

:lol :lol Vilmas crotch in yo face is a treacherous (sp?) threat to your field goals.

Cold is at Magic Mountain right now but we should get our week 1 game in tonight.

Please tell me CP doesn't have the Cardinals this season, and damn you really gave me a tough season.

DCX did I play you last season?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Twice. Rest assured I will win those games.

1) I went into the game cold, no planning.

2) Did not assign Will Allen to Coles

3) Even with Allen (98 speed) on him, Coles burned him (Coles also with 98 speed) for a long TD even though they were neck to neck.

4) The FG mentioned above.

Look for Ice's obituary pretty soon. Hanging himself with an Xbox controller cord.

damn, maybe i should've picked the dolphins :/ i feel kinda dirty with the vikings, 42-14 over dm in week 1.

300+ yards for culpepper, 11/12 3rd down conversions, i was getting every break too.

the score was actually 14-7 at the half, DM played pretty well all things considered

DMczaf

You wanted me to bring the drama? I'll fucking bring DRAMA!

FMT RAN UP THE SCORE ON ME!

VIKINGS ARE FUCKING OVERRATED!

CULPEPPER = VICK? EA SAYS YES!

VIKINGS AND FMT CAN GO TO A SPECIAL KIND OF HELL!

FUCK THIS LEAGUE! FUCK FMT! FUCK THE VIKINGS! IM OUT THIS MUTHA FUCKA!

*drops mic on the floor*

mic-hiz.jpg

DCX

DCX
iceDragon7 said:
:lol :lol Vilmas crotch in yo face is a treacherous (sp?) threat to your field goals.

Cold is at Magic Mountain right now but we should get our week 1 game in tonight.

Please tell me CP doesn't have the Cardinals this season, and damn you really gave me a tough season.

DCX did I play you last season?

Twice. I was the Bills. First game was very close, at the time you said " your run D is tough, better than FMT's " i lost 17-10, next game i got killed. :D

DCX

DCX

DCX
DMczaf said:
You wanted me to bring the drama? I'll fucking bring DRAMA!

FMT RAN UP THE SCORE ON ME!

VIKINGS ARE FUCKING OVERRATED!

CULPEPPER = VICK? EA SAYS YES!

VIKINGS AND FMT CAN GO TO A SPECIAL KIND OF HELL!

FUCK THIS LEAGUE! FUCK FMT! FUCK THE VIKINGS! IM OUT THIS MUTHA FUCKA!

*drops mic on the floor*

mic-hiz.jpg
shawn_michaels.jpg

DCX

DMczaf

FUCK THIS SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When the fuck did Culpepper become God's gift to Football!? When the fuck did the Vikings get a running game?! When the fuck did the Vikings defense become the greatest run D known to man?! Oh wait!! TIBURON THINKS THEY ARE!!! EVEN AFTER 329839 ROSTER UPDATES, TIBURON STILL HAS A HARDON FOR THESE FUCKING GUYS!

ARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111111111111111111111111

if DM seriously tells me that he hates the vikings and he doesn't want me using them cause it's dirty, i will honestly go back and erase our week 1 game and choose the dolphins for the season. i got no problems with that! you say the word DM... otherwise my division can get ready for an entire season of a statline like i had today :D

B

BigZep

Unconfirmed Member
FrenchMovieTheme said:
if DM seriously tells me that he hates the vikings and he doesn't want me using them cause it's dirty, i will honestly go back and erase our week 1 game and choose the dolphins for the season. i got no problems with that! you say the word DM... otherwise my division can get ready for an entire season of a statline like i had today :D

Nah, keep the Vikes...they're not that good.

Fifty

Good work giving me Bob in week 1 FMT.....knowing that I can't play for a while, and he didn't want to start the league for a while. Hope everyone's games go well.

BigZep said:
Nah, keep the Vikes...they're not that good.

Play FMT against them, and then come back and say that. Culpepper can dodge tackles on nearly every play until a man opens up. Zone or man? Doesn't matter. You get burned either way. Their back is fast as fuck and breaks lots of tackles. Their defense is insanely good.

FMT should keep them, but they are so overrated in this game it is beyond ridiculous. Best team in the game easily.

Fifty

:lol I'm terrified of playing him with them. He's been using the second worst team in the game for ages now, and doing fantastic....with this team (I used to bitch at slo all the time because of how unrealistically overrated they were....much like the ravens I'll admit) we're all doomed. I don't want him to change though, I look forward to the challenge.

Top Bottom