• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season II: Who's your (league) Daddy?

hgplayer1

Matrix said:
HG,I can play either tomorrow night after the Stros game or Sunday night after the Stros game.Monday night I'm free all night,since the Stros dont play.

lets shoot for saturday night. i dont have any plans after the game. post a time if you have one in mind.

DCX

DCX
AZYUMA86 said:
gg. You have a real solid D. I need more practice with Big Ben. :(
That was truely a game of field position...that long pass to Randle El was suspect...but a perfect pass i guess...the fumble on a kickoff? God the Madden gods at work :D I did ok, your run D stop any momentum i had early on...i just couldn't get Dunn going.

DCX

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Azy, I am with the lady and she will leave after i blow her back out... which may be around 1 or so... maybe we can play after that..... I will check back on later...

DCX

DCX
Malleymal said:
Azy, I am with the lady and she will leave after i blow her back out... which may be around 1 or so... maybe we can play after that..... I will check back on later...
A true Madden baller, so good he has groupies!

DCX

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
hgplayer1 said:
lets shoot for saturday night. i dont have any plans after the game. post a time if you have one in mind.

Whenever the game ends I can play like 30 mins after or so,I'll post here as soon as it ends.

Wooo I just destroyed ColdBlooded. Score was about 35-0 by the 3rd quarter until he finally started scoring again. 6 interceptions. Coldblooded started making a comeback too late in the 2nd half. Its over folks Panthers are better than the Jets. Panthers will go Undefeated.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
I dont think ive ever encountered so much madden card BS in the game. On more than a few counts the panthers D-line busted across my O-line in less than a second. Most of the game i had to roll out to get away. Running was impossible, my line couldnt block anyone. FUCK THE PANTHERS OVERRATED DEFENCE. TO couldnt catch shit, though Reggie Brown stepped up huge, over 100 yards recieving with 3 TD's.

Its hard getting back to the 4-3 D after using the 3-4 for so long. Ah well. I expect to come back strong. Panthers running is a non factor. I will have my revenge next game

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Sorry AZY , my stamina was at unmentionable levels so if you are still up, like she was saying, we can play our madden game.... let me know!

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I've got FMT for a game this year I think.

Packers VS Vikings. Such a realistic rivalry. Not because FMT and I are such rivals, but because FMT and Favre are rivals. :D

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
I've got FMT for a game this year I think.

Packers VS Vikings. Such a realistic rivalry. Not because FMT and I are such rivals, but because FMT and Favre are rivals. :D
I wish i could see the entire schedule...i wonder what my out of league game are like.

DCX

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
iceDragon7 said:
Wooo I just destroyed ColdBlooded. Score was about 35-0 by the 3rd quarter until he finally started scoring again. 6 interceptions. Coldblooded started making a comeback too late in the 2nd half. Its over folks Panthers are better than the Jets. Panthers will go Undefeated.

You play me twice my man. I don't know if you know anything about me, but playing me in an unimportant game is nothing to playing me in a season game. My heart of a champ will prevail. I gotta nail down FG kicking. :lol Twice now I've lost a game because of a missed FG.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
If someone pulls a "I've got a muscle cramp, I've gotta miss 6 games" I'm more than happy to fill in if necessary!

Wellington said:
You play me twice my man. I don't know if you know anything about me, but playing me in an unimportant game is nothing to playing me in a season game. My heart of a champ will prevail. I gotta nail down FG kicking. :lol Twice now I've lost a game because of a missed FG.

You lost to me in a ranked game, that doesnt matter to you?
(I think my ranking got messed up since im a lvl 6 and says points for next level 0 )

HAHA but see I beat you with the Jets, now I have the PANTHERS. Their defense is better for me now along with 2 HB to fall back on. We'll see wellie, we'll see...

Fifty

Lonestar said:
If someone pulls a "I've got a muscle cramp, I've gotta miss 6 games" I'm more than happy to fill in if necessary!

Just admit it, you regret leaving. :lol

If we're still going on the 3 day schedule, the league should advance on monday (fri>sat>sun>mon) but Bobby and I can't play until at least tuesday (that's when the douches fix my internet) so advance away without us having played assuming we're still moving briskly like last year ;)

I've got to say, it's confusing as heck now with all the new teams ;p I'm sure it'll be easy to remember in a week or two, but right now I'm having to check who's who every time.

DCX

DCX
True and I should have our game done tonight, around 11:30PM or so. Sometimes i get home at 11PM but i need some time to wind down, get a drink etc.

DCX

Mrbob

Hey who is proclaiming the Vikings super bowl winner already?

Looks like a good motivational tool for season 2. I think I have the edge I need now to take it to another level with the Colts. FMT learned his lesson with the Vikings in a ranked game last night too. ;)

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Fifty said:
Just admit it, you regret leaving. :lol

Yeah, maybe a tad. Would have liked to try a new team, and I still can't see my season 1 stats. I'd like to record them for my own personal Hermit Collection.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
AZY... let me know when u want to play man... I am around, but will be going to the gym if I dont hear from you soon, then its out for the night... i will be traveling this week on business, and you know that XBOX lIVE will be down for a while, so let me know!!

AZ Greg

Malleymal said:
AZY... let me know when u want to play man... I am around, but will be going to the gym if I dont hear from you soon, then its out for the night... i will be traveling this week on business, and you know that XBOX lIVE will be down for a while, so let me know!!

I'm getting ready for work right now and I won't be back until 10p.m. MST. But I can play when I'm home and I prob. will be up late so let me know.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Hey who is proclaiming the Vikings super bowl winner already?

Looks like a good motivational tool for season 2. I think I have the edge I need now to take it to another level with the Colts. FMT learned his lesson with the Vikings in a ranked game last night too. ;)

Oh yeah two good players with two top teams. Real tough for you guys. :rolleyes

Cloudy

Banned
Lonestar said:
Yeah, maybe a tad. Would have liked to try a new team, and I still can't see my season 1 stats. I'd like to record them for my own personal Hermit Collection.

You can have my spot, dude. Reading a thread in the gaming forum this past week, I realize I don't like this game much and I'm not gonna force myself to like it anymore :(

DMczaf

Cloudy said:
You can have my spot, dude. Reading a thread in the gaming forum this past week, I realize I don't like this game much and I'm not gonna force myself to like it anymore :(

Were you ever actually playing in our league? You let the CPU play defense for you, and you couldnt handle the vision cone :lol

lonestar, we do have an open spot (not konexs ;)) if you want in. the spot is in CK's division as the cardinals (or whatever team you want that is left). jobber will play if necessary, but he's not really wanting to because of the stat entering. contact me if interested!

konex if you quit i take me and my madden buddies out of the NBA league... FOREVER!!

Rorschach

ColdBlooded33 said:
I dont think ive ever encountered so much madden card BS in the game. On more than a few counts the panthers D-line busted across my O-line in less than a second. Most of the game i had to roll out to get away. Running was impossible, my line couldnt block anyone. FUCK THE PANTHERS OVERRATED DEFENCE. TO couldnt catch shit, though Reggie Brown stepped up huge, over 100 yards recieving with 3 TD's.

Its hard getting back to the 4-3 D after using the 3-4 for so long. Ah well. I expect to come back strong. Panthers running is a non factor. I will have my revenge next game
The Panthers are pure bs. I know this from experience. It's the only team to get to my qb multiple times before he could hand off the ball to the HB running down the middle. If just 1 guy is called up to blitz, it's bye bye, immobile qb.

So...Konex isn't playing? Uhm...should I play against the AI? ;b

First game of the season and we already have a quit...not looking good. Anyway, whoever I play: I'm available tonight and most of monday. Sunday is no go since there is football and I'm catching a badass concert.

Cloudy

Banned
Sorry guys. If you look at my last few games in season1, I was just going through the motions. I REALLY tried to get into the game but after the initial excitement for football season, I realize I still hate Madden :(

If there's no one else to take my spot, I'll play though...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
HG,I can play as soon as the Stros game is over.

Just post here when its done and I'll go on if you're ready to play.

DCX

DCX
Cloudy said:
Sorry guys. If you look at my last few games in season1, I was just going through the motions. I REALLY tried to get into the game but after the initial excitement for football season, I realize I still hate Madden :(

If there's no one else to take my spot, I'll play though...
Sorry to hear that Konex...

DCX

Matrix

HG I'm on madden online now,I'm just going to leave it on,just challenge me when ever you're ready to play.

My computer is near my xbox so I will see it.

Matrix

GG HG,god damn Leftwich sucks ass :( I have to remember he isnt David Carr in this game.

Those two fumbles you caused were huge,your D stepped up big time in the 2nd half.

Man I think I should have practiced with the Jags,I suck with the 4-3 D after using 3-4 with the Texans.

Matrix

Tomorrow dude,I'm too drained.

Stros lose,baby sat my nephew and I got beat in madden and threw 6 ints,I need sleep cause I got the blues! :(

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Wow. I'm even worse with the Packers. And DCX is better with the Falcons than I am. How nice.

I have no clue why I bother playing in these leagues.

AZ Greg

Truelize said:
Wow. I'm even worse with the Packers. And DCX is better with the Falcons than I am. How nice.

:lol :lol :lol

Malley I'll be home in about 10 minutes and will be free to play for about 3 hours. Let me know if it works. I'll prob. be on Halo 2 and I have you on my friends list so you can just sign on and send an invite. Or you can AIM me cause I'll have that up too.

Rorschach

Truelize said:

Hate to say we told you so...Packers are so not the same play style as the Falcons. You should have taken the Vikes and spared us from FMT! :p

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Rorschach said:
Hate to say we told you so...Packers are so not the same play style as the Falcons. You should have taken the Vikes and spared us from FMT! :p

Yeah I know. But I played a game with them against CP and actually won (I've only ever beaten him twice ever) so I thought that the Packers were a good fit.
They are I just need to know how to pick plays where I will have good protection from the blitz. I got blitzed quite a bit and sacked a lot too (even though Wellie said that was a stupid remark).
I felt like quitting last night I felt so defeated but I'm here to stay guys. Just don't hate me for all the whining you are gonna hear. :)

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:
I want to switch to the Lions, or is it too late? If so no biggy.

:lol sorry for my indecisiveness.

Lions? They have the weapons that for sure, they could be the ying to FMT yang with the Vikings.

DCX

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
Yeah I know. But I played a game with them against CP and actually won (I've only ever beaten him twice ever) so I thought that the Packers were a good fit.
They are I just need to know how to pick plays where I will have good protection from the blitz. I got blitzed quite a bit and sacked a lot too (even though Wellie said that was a stupid remark).
I felt like quitting last night I felt so defeated but I'm here to stay guys. Just don't hate me for all the whining you are gonna hear. :)
Dude you played well. Endzone ints is going to bury anybody. Hell if you kick field goals on those 4 red zone attempts you would have been a field goal away from winning, i'm sure i would have changed my game plan also. It's all good, i must say for the record, Green is a fucking beast!!! 5 broken tackles! He just trucked the d line and my LBs. Funny thing is i actually run blitzed on some of the sacks that i got. I got lucky.

DCX

CK if you want the vikings, or any remaining teams, and you haven't played your week 1 game yet be my guest i have no problem with that.

sorry about the delay in the schedule being put up fellas, im out visiting my parents (and doing hard labor :(). it will be up this afternoon when i get home.

also, incase anyone missed it (and i know i didn't put it in the leaguedaddy news section), the league will advance to week 2 on wednesday. if everyone but bob and fifty finish before then i will advance though.

Ramirez

Hmm,not a bad game,but I got screwed early on a 3rd down,caught a pass about 2-3 yards ahead of the first down,but got tackled back and it didn't give me forward progress and of course with the stupid fair play shit I can't do a sneak on inches...-_- Not to mention I needed to go for 2 once and I clicked "ask madden" and even he wanted me to go for 2,but it was still greyed out,wtf?

And yea,Dick Vermill coaches the Chiefs,not Shotty :lol

Ramirez

Yea,it's pretty obvious the difference between Palmer's accuracy and Ben's is night and day,and as shitty as I thought Pitt's D was in the game,Cinnci's seems to be worse :lol

Top Bottom