• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Madden Xbox League Thread Season II: Who's your (league) Daddy?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
FMT, hook me up with a IM whenever you have time, we'll talk about "stuff" Like how I will make the playoffs with a sub .500 team ;) Mwhaha ;)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
DCX said:
Dude you played well. Endzone ints is going to bury anybody. Hell if you kick field goals on those 4 red zone attempts you would have been a field goal away from winning, i'm sure i would have changed my game plan also. It's all good, i must say for the record, Green is a fucking beast!!! 5 broken tackles! He just trucked the d line and my LBs. Funny thing is i actually run blitzed on some of the sacks that i got. I got lucky.

DCX

Word. Green is a beast. I was very impressed with him actually. I still look forward to this season. I just need to find some quick dump plays when I see the blitz coming. And a couple of times I tried to move Favre thinking he would move like Vick.
Um.... yeah doesn't work.

AZ Greg

Malleymal said:
AZY!!!!!!!! when u want to go

I'll be home from work at 10pm MST and can play right when I get home but thats it.

Same time tomm. after 10pm MST but I can stay up later to play tomm.

If neither of those work I'm free all day on Tuesday.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Man get the hell out of here.... u have no idea what I plan to do with this team... I will run them into the ground, literally run them into the dirt, I will go 0-16 with them.... trust me , u have nothing to worry about CP, i would never be unfaithful to my chiefs... hell I cried when i saw the score of the Redskin - chiefs game in our season...

-------

AZY... my girl is on her way here... she may be gone around that time... I would need to play today or i might not be able to play until thursday or so, I will be out of town on business... i MIGHT be able to go tomorrow, but I think xbox live will be down for a day or two

Fifty

The League Daddy censoring is hilarious. Even in private leagues, you can't turn it off...so I'm left giving awards to Demarcus F Aggins. Poor Demarcus and Randall Gay can't get any credit on this site! I think Pat Robertson is behind this sinister operation.

Fuckshitpussycock

DCX

DCX
Cerebral Palsy said:
gg ram. I couldn't stop your passing game near the end. Almost had the comeback.
Wow is all i have to say, you did McGahee justice, i couldn't do to much with that team.

DCX

Lonestar

Oh No, The Monster from S1's Top Division is back, Rested, prepped, and......PURPLE? LONESTARATON!!!

Ramirez

McGahee actually didn't do that much on the ground outside of like the one 60+ run he busted on me...I fell behind so quick on like 3 big plays that I couldn't really even run the ball much,thus my 8 carries.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
a couple bad breaks there AZY... some costly drops and the kick off fumble basically set the mood for the game... i am sure u will bounce back

AZ Greg

Ramirez said:
How bout them Steelers :lol

:lol

I do think they are underrated, but I got beat because I sucked not the team. Its hard to get used to the R then receiver button thing. I've got so used to using the right analog stick to move the cone with Favre that learning the other way is gonna take some time.

Ramirez

lmfao...dude I tried using just the right stick with Ben...impossible...it's almost impossible to use the R trigger with him :lol

Oh damn, FMT you nearly scared me to death when I saw that the RAVENS were placed in my division until I saw Lonestar using them. *sigh* what a relief. Thought it was Fifty there for a second.

Conex will play his games with the broncos until we find a replacement. if we find no replacement, he will play the entire season as the broncos. this is your one chance to beat up on him rors!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
Conex will play his games with the broncos until we find a replacement. if we find no replacement, he will play the entire season as the broncos. this is your one chance to beat up on him rors!
Well, he never replied to my post and I haven't seen him post anything since the "I hate this game post" if you see him around, tell him I'll be around on aim today (Monday). We're the last game left besides bob and fifty.

AIM hawakubo

Lonestar

iceDragon7 said:
Oh damn, FMT you nearly scared me to death when I saw that the RAVENS were placed in my division until I saw Lonestar using them. *sigh* what a relief. Thought it was Fifty there for a second.

*sigh

Well, looks like I know who I'm going to have to beat up on now.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
*sigh

Well, looks like I know who I'm going to have to beat up on now.

:lol

A good player with a good team like the Panthers. :( This will be a tough year for us Lone.

I like the Lions, but they don't really fit my playstyle. :lol Their strength is clearly in receiving, everyone on the fucking team has an 80+ catch rating (Except Kevin Jones)! Oddly enough I am not as effective running the ball as Konex was last season, but I guess I can work on that. The D is a little softer than the Giants which makes no sense. The only position where the Giants have better talent is at LE with Strahan.

Should be fun, although I hate the fact that I will have to open up my offense and just wing it downfield. Put up some good yardage in a practice game against Jason last night but I threw an int or two which is what I want to avoid.

I'll be throwing to Pollard a lot, along with everyone else. 7 dudes had receptions in my game with Jason yesterday. Seven. The only variable was whether or not Harrington would get the ball there. :lol

Going to be a losing season. :(

DCX

DCX
Yeah great job with the site...it's also nice to see me in some of those catagories as well :) Won't last long, but still nice.

DCX

Fifty

About time the League Daddy site has working leaders........for all of S1 when we'd click "player leaders" it said they were working on it and adding it soon. I didn't believe it after a while, but here it is..odd (but good) timing. It looks good, the only possible downside being that the front page is stuffed to the brim with info now that everything is there.

DCX

DCX
Fifty said:
About time the League Daddy site has working leaders........for all of S1 when we'd click "player leaders" it said they were working on it and adding it soon. I didn't believe it after a while, but here it is..odd (but good) timing. It looks good, the only possible downside being that the front page is stuffed to the brim with info now that everything is there.
Yeah...i was worried about that...one should go, either the team stats or the leaders, but both of them would clutter the place up.

DCX

Yeah I the front page is pretty neat. What ever happened to our so called "awards" ?

No Xbox live for 24 hours makes ice something something...

DCX

DCX
Rorschach said:
You must be shitting me...what the fuck!
I know...it's killing me! I wanted to get in a few practice games in...we play Week 2 and i have never played you, i feel like my pass D is going to get a workout, that's for sure.

DCX

Rorschach

DCX said:
I know...it's killing me! I wanted to get in a few practice games in...we play Week 2 and i have never played you, i feel like my pass D is going to get a workout, that's for sure.

DCX
nfc-d.jpg

Burgess wants more of Vick.

[edit] Well, since xbl is down, I'm available after 630 PST tomorrow. I hope to see a reply from Cloudy even if he's not playing. Just let me know.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
It's not his passing game you have to worry about, it's:

030305jordan180.jpg

Owned the top rushing D in the league at the time for 150+ yards.

If we play this season, Ror, I am out for blood after you ruined my perfect season. Expect another 41-0 bludgeoning!

Rorschach

Wellington said:

030305jordan180.jpg

If we play this season, Ror, I am out for blood after you ruined my perfect season. Expect another 41-0 bludgeoning!
Fargas and Crockett loosened them up for Jordan. ;b My game against you was the test for the 3 Back scheme. I would use it more often, but Fargas is fumble prone.

If I do play you, I am NOT looking forward to it...it was bad enough with the GMen, but with the overrated Lions D, it's going to be a rout. I know you were complaining about the D, but once you get a hang of it, the only D more overrated in this game is the Panthers.

Lonestar

Rorschach said:
...the only D more overrated in this game is the Panthers.

(I'd get a picture of Jack Joker from Batman '89, but I'm at work with limited access)

"Wait till they get a load of me"

If you thought my Defense was good with a low rated Seahawk D, wait till I bring out the UBER JAILTIME DEFENSE.

I better have a game or 2 against Ror, or I'm going to push for a division move.

AZ Greg

FMT and/or Fifty, I have a question. I know we wanted to get season 2 done before the 360 but it doesn't look like thats gonna happen. If you have 3 days to get a game in with 15 more games its roughly 45 days with the 360 in like 30 days. I don't know about anyone else but I plan on trading in my Xbox when the 360 is out. If Madden 06 works on the 360 then there is no problem, but if it doesn't what should I or people in my situation do?

Fifty

Good question. One that I don't have the answer for. Ideally madden would be backwards compatible and that would solve your problem, but if it's not...Well then we might have an issue. How much would you get for your xbox? They're ripping you off most likely, just keep the SOB! :(

I guess my only advice is that with an overlap of 15 days between the 360 and the league ending (45-30) you could just wait that long till you sell your xbox, since I doubt the meager value will drop in that time. ;p I understand this might be a problem though. Maybe FMT will steal some of my thunder and come up with a brilliant solution.

Edit: Wow, we're both replying. Judging by the size of my post I A) Care more than FMT and/or B) Have more free time

DCX

DCX
Wellington said:

030305jordan180.jpg

Interesting. He hasn't played me before so i might have the element of surprise kinda like my first game against Ice and my first season game against Fifty. I have gotten alot better after Season 1 ended with great tips/help from the seasoned pros and practice. I hope i can keep the game close, control thr clock and make as little mistakes possible.

DCX

Top Bottom